Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

November 2012

Go down 
+10
silverdancer
Ol'Man
Manygatess
Indyapp
cb
Eileen
Carol W
Ellen E
Graymare
Ark
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Ellen E

November 2012 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 12:09 am

Oops. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Ol'man, it's good to hear that your grandson is doing well, and that your son fixed dinner for you.

CB, it's fun to do things for people that are unexpected. I do that too.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 1:24 am

Oooops, is right, GRAYMARE! Laughing Very funny!

Ima sure sounds like a good kid. Did you say she was an orphan?

OL'MAN:
Hurray that Virginia is home and had Thanksgiving with her family! wavy I hope she is feeling better.

CB:
That's a very nice tradition you have!

CAROL:
How is Arizona? I can tell you that your weather is probably warmer than ours. The good news is, it is supposed to get back to the 60s here by Sunday.

I am making Trinket a parade costume. She is going to have red wings and be decked out in Christmas stuff and carry a few (empty) presents. She will follow Zippy's cart, who has to haul me and Donnie two miles down the parade route on Saturday. Tomorrow I have to give Zippy and Trinket a bath....sigh...in 50 degree weather. I suspect they will do better than me with the bath.

Today Ivan and I had a lesson. We learned to drop Ivan's head to the ground with a rein cue in all of 5 minutes. Lori is trying to help me with calming cues for Ivan. I couldn't believe how fast Ivan learned that cue! I saw John Lyons do that several years ago at the Carolina Expo, but never figured out how to teach it to my horse. Now I know! I could do it from the ground, but not in the saddle. It was much easier than I thought. ClappingHands Ivan and I are going to start taking lessons again weekly.

Donnie found the barn's water line leak and fixed it! :dance: No more running back and forth to turn the water on and off. He got serious about it when we got a $75 water bill last month. affraid
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 8:20 am

Every Christmas our church gives out 3 $10 gift certificates to each family, we are to give the gift certificates to people we do not know (no family members)and don't attend our church. One is for Walmart, one for Weis Market, one for Sheetz Gas Station. The looks on people faces are just amazing. It's such a wonderful experience. The stories that are then shared at church,they can bring tears to your eyes. Sometimes I mail them to my customers at the PO, who I know are struggling, anonymously, of course. I don't get to see the looks on their faces, but I know in my heart when they open the card, they are smiling ear to ear.

I have a couple days off of work so I am busy around here. Trying to get things ready for Christmas. George actually brought the tree down yesterday. Shocked WOW...I'm still in shock, I usually have to nag him for weeks to get the tree up before Christmas. He must be in the Christmas spirit this year. LOL

OLMAN: Good to hear that Virginia is doing well.

GRAYMARE: What a success story you are having with IMA..How wonderful to be able to help a child who is lost.

CB: I know you are enjoying that wonderful weather. We had our first snowfall on Tuesday. 3" of the lovely white stuff..It's gone already but YUCK...I HATE snow. Ace loved it...he ran,jumped, rolled in it and we played his favorite game..catch the snowball. I have to admit it was fun for me too..that dog makes me smile.

Love & prayers to all...
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 11:40 pm

ARK, have a great time.......you will win a prize!!!

Swing along gang:

https://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=L7N6slVrQeY&vq=medium

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 11:43 pm

What great fun to watch those kids loving what they are playing, and the audience getting into it right along with them.
Back to top Go down
Donna

Donna

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 6 EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 12:29 pm

Mormning All........it is Dec. 1st. Mad Boy now I get in the panic mode!!!!! Beautiful day here this morning but very cold, -8 when I went to the barn but going up to normal temps by this afternoon, loke -2C.

Jack came home yesterday so it is back to cooking and cleaning up after someone. No deer so don't have to mess with that.

Erin sent me a website this a.m. that I am going to copy and paste here. Hope I can do it. In Sept. when we were at Pro-Show the MLA for the area came and tallked to Allison and Erin several times, made their rounds in the barn talking to the rest of the kids and then back to my Girls for pictures. The picture is on pg.8-9 and Erin on left and Allison on right. Too bad they hadn't taken their names down, they certainly knew them at the time. Great advertising for 4-H.

http://www.trurodaily.com/media/issues/flipbook/0000008497/

Well that worked Very Happy Has anyone heard anything new about HT today or yesterday? I see some reports from his sister that are c/p and put on AMMI but nothing today.

Have to run to the store and get pj's for my Nephews boys....no tax day wavy

I will check back in later. Anything to stall wrapping presents, Sad
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 6 EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 11:22 pm

Time to change the topic date! Go to BASKET and click on December 2012.....

or try this:

https://horsefriends.forumotion.com/t14-december-2012#1687

See you next month! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

November 2012
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6