Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

February 2013

Go down 
+7
Indyapp
Manygatess
cb
sunny 57
Rick Angell
Ellen E
Ark
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Graymare

February 2013 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: February 2013   February 2013 - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 9:21 pm

ELLEN, prayers for your friend and that ou all have a great week next week.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: February 2013   February 2013 - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 1:25 am

ELLEN:
Did your friend get to come home this afternoon? I sure hope so. I have heard they can do great things with TIA if caught early. It sounds like they caught him pretty quick. ((((((Ellen's friend)))))))

Alligators sound fun.... Laughing

SUNNY:
I watched some of the Kelly and Michael show this week while they were at Disney World. It was great to see someone in shorts and t-shirts! They said Disney employs 64,000 people. Wow. I'd like the behind-the-scenes tour of the place.

CAROL:
Did the snow melt? Ours did today. We started out slushy and ended up with 52 degrees and actual sunshine! sunny I am going to ride my horsey tomorrow. Very Happy

GRAYMARE:
What are you up to lately? Still working with the kids?

RICK:
So did you buy Carol a carved bird at the show? How is her toe doing?

OL'MAN:
We haven't heard much from you lately. How's it going?

CB:
How was your day today?

Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: February 2013   February 2013 - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 2:06 am

sniff .... no one asked me what my big Ut oh was about!!

today was a good day, sunny and nice, we checked out aplace to get alfalfa hay that is grown almost in my back yard...The hay Man had 7 cuttings of good hay last year......I found him in the American Classifieds. Then we went yard saling! funny to be able to that in February! tongue Surprised

Tomorrow we are going riding at the State Park...woohoo...I'm looking forward to that!

Sweet Dreams Y'all...
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: February 2013   February 2013 - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 10:00 am

CB, what was your big uh-oh?

He did not get to come home yesterday. They are keeping him until Monday for observation. I did get a couple of joke e-mails from him this morning, so I think he must be doing okay.
Back to top Go down
Carol W

Carol W

PostSubject: Re: February 2013   February 2013 - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 1:11 pm

Sunny and cool here in Arizona today. Meeting my cousins for lunch today at "Tucson McGraw's". It is a great hamburger place up high with a great view of mountain vista with Saguaro cactus.... Will be too cool to sit outside, but the windows will do pretty good I think.

Have a great day ....
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: February 2013   February 2013 - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 1:38 pm

thanks for asking ELLEN! I got a new puppy dog....yesssss I did. She is a very light fawnaquin(great dane) with icy blue eyss....her mama stopped nursing thelitter and she is just five weeks old and tiny, evidently her milk wasn't the greatest from the time they were born. But I got her home and gave her a large dose of fluids thru IM with my bag of fluids....and nutrical every day now, but I had to slack off a bit, she is turning into such a monster dog! Very active and is growing! She beats up the 3 month old doxie male puppy...but then they curl up together and nap...so they are best buds! I won't know for sure if she will reach a size to breed or not down the road at least 2 years....but if not she will be spayed and be one of the family.
Back to top Go down
Carol W

Carol W

PostSubject: Re: February 2013   February 2013 - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 2:53 pm

YUP CB .... that is just what you needed!!!!! have fun with her.

Ark .. hope you get to start riding more. Spring comes a bit earlier where you are. What are your plans for Miss Orion .... that is not right, but I am having a senior moment and can't get her name right.... LOLOL
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: February 2013   February 2013 - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 9:44 pm

Carol, i get those all the time! Not to worry....and yeah, I really didn't need a new puppy, but oh what the heck...whats 1 more anyway! She is a lil monster!

Had a great ride today at the State Park....whewwwwww....I don't know if we wore the horses out but I am sure pooped! There are so many trails we havnt' even seen out there yet...some are wider which we were on today, and some trail thru the cactus and is just a oe horse wide trail...but its all beautiful. Only byclcles and hikers and horses are allowed....so its quiet too!

I SAW AN ARMADILLO! yes we did...it was great! I forgot to take any pics! sorry!
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: February 2013   February 2013 - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 12:31 am

CB:
Congrats on the new puppy....I think Laughing . Hope she grows up big and beautiful! An armadillo! I have never seen a live one of those. I have seen a couple of flattened ones on the highway in FL.....I'd rather see a live one. We did see a live possum on the road today. If he stays in the road long, he won't be live long.

CAROL:
That would be Miss Areion Laughing . She is next on my project list. I want to start training her seriously soon. My energy levels are up a bit these days, and the daylight is getting longer, so hopefully we will get to work soon.

Today Areion was the only horse here who didn't work...not counting ponies and donkey. I rode Ivan, Daisy and Kazi this afternoon! Kazi was sure surprised, but seemed to enjoy herself. I have changed my signals since working with Ivan and need to go back and work with Kazi so we are both on the same page. She was very sweet, but somewhat confused. I am sure I am not giving her the cues she remembers....and I do not. It was nice being on her again. Her feet are doing great!

Daisy isn't someone I ride, but today she had to put up with me anyway. We did pretty good! She is so tall (to me) and moves so differently than Kazi or Ivan. She seemed to be trying to please me and we had a fun time. I may have to start riding her regularly just so I can get used to such a different style of moving.

Ivan was good. We did lots of slow trotting and he just clicks right into that these days. All those lessons seem to have helped us. Areion just stood in the round pen amazed at everyone else being ridden. She followed Daisy around the pen when I rode her. Daisy and I were on the outside of the round pen.

Anyway.....here are some pix of me on the horses. I was celebrating my 59th birthday. How did that happen? affraid

Attachments
February 2013 - Page 5 AttachmentKazi&Diane.jpg
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(56 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
February 2013 - Page 5 AttachmentDiane&Daisy.jpg
(63 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
February 2013 - Page 5 AttachmentDiane&Ivan.jpg
(84 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
February 2013 - Page 5 AttachmentKaziDianeHerd.jpg
(60 Kb) Downloaded 2 times
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: February 2013   February 2013 - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 2:42 am

Gosh ARK, what a nice way to celebrate a birthday, being on top of several horses enjoying it! woohoo!
Wasn't it just last year that you were too young to be a real foopster!? Holy smokes time flies!

Happy Birthday ARK! and mooooooony moooooooore happy ones ahead! :dance: wavy

That should have read I gave the GD pup IV fluids sub Q not IM....geesh....don't know where my mind was there! She is wrestling with the last doxie pup I have left to sell and they are enjoying each other immensely...but my house is not! They have every dog toy out of their basket and ALL OVER my tiny floor space...ya step on a stuffed animal one and it sqeaks and you think ya just tromped on one of the pups...so ya do a jig, and realize its just a toy with a sqeaker! dern pups!

Have a good night y'all....
Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

PostSubject: Re: February 2013   February 2013 - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 10:41 am

Lovely pics ARK. I haven't been on a single one of my horses since last fall. Yesterday was a pretty day. Sunny, but still cold. Tiberius and Sophie took the opportunity to enjoy the sunshine by lying down and taking a sun bath. The funny part was that Sophie is so fat that when she is laid on on the ground her top legs don't touch the ground. I yelled out the door to make her move just to make sure she was still alive. She was.

CB, better to step on a squeeky toy than on a squeeky pup! Enjoy the new addition.
Back to top Go down
sunny 57

sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: February 2013   February 2013 - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 12:00 pm

glad you had a blast riding all your horsies, and a GREAT BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY another year gone and manny more to come today I am taking my scooter in to the scooter store for them to help me with loadind and un loading from the trailer, and to get the scooter tweeked for lots of riding time, this friday the scooter will be all mine, paid off,so I want to make sure that it is all good and no problems have a great day all and any of you in the path of this next storm be careful and stay warm and safe
Back to top Go down
Carol W

Carol W

PostSubject: Re: February 2013   February 2013 - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 12:51 pm

Happy Birthday Ark!!!!!!! Glad you had some horsie fun!!!!
Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

PostSubject: Re: February 2013   February 2013 - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 2:37 pm

I'd like to say I wrote this but I'd be lying. I think it safe to say I LIVE it.

My Wife the Equestrienne

She brought her horse home on Monday,
his lines were rich and fine,
She forgot to thaw out dinner,
so we went out to dine,
She saddled up on Tuesday,
she says every day is a must,
They really looked quite lovely,
but she quite forgot to dust.
On Wednesday it was a trail ride
they galloped in the sun,
All windblown, bronzed and smiling,
but the laundry wasn’t done.
The new trailer came on Thursday,
a bright and cherry red,
She tuned up the truck and added a hitch,
but she never made the bed.
She worked late on Friday
to pay for the horse she adores,
It never bothered her at all,
the mud, hay and dust now covering our floors.
I hired a maid on Saturday,
my week is now complete.
My wife can ride all she wants,
the house will still be neat!
It’s nearly lunchtime Sunday -
Where is the maid with my plate and cup?
Oh no! I don’t believe it!
She’s out there saddling up!
Back to top Go down
Carol W

Carol W

PostSubject: Re: February 2013   February 2013 - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 3:42 pm

Cute one Indy!!!!! gotta love a man that knows how to improvise!!! LLOLOLOL
Back to top Go down
Ol'Man

Ol'Man

PostSubject: Re: February 2013   February 2013 - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 3:58 pm

Boy, we have a pre spring ---sunshine and horses jumping around--

Did "manygates" ever make retirement????

Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: February 2013   February 2013 - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 5:36 pm

Indy, I can relate to that....we use to be on the go soooo much with kids and horses...house was the last thing that got done! But it never killed us! There is no question in my mind, I'd rather be riding.

Ol man, we are having overcast skies today and its only 50 for our high, and the wind sounds like a tornado out there, our camper is rockin! North of us they have snow, roads are closed and so are airports....heard a news update that Amarillo and Lubbock, a couple of hours from us drive has over a foot of snow...guess I'll be quiet and take my wind! Altho I feel quite sea sick by now....its a watch reruns on tv today! Rolling Eyes Crying or Very sad yesterday was gorgeous! sunny and in the 70's we rode in tshirts and tank tops....
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: February 2013   February 2013 - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 8:27 pm

Hey ELLEN,

Are you sunburned yet? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: February 2013   February 2013 - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 11:35 pm

Nope. It's been a little bit cloudy, so I'm tanning gradually. The weather sure has been nice! LOVE IT!

Good news. My neighbor's pain and numbness was not caused by a stroke. It is due to arthritis in his neck and spine. I know that doesn't sound like good news, but it's something they can deal with more easily. He came home from the hospital and went to play pool this evening.
I went with Wife to play bingo. Never even came close to a win. Laughing
Back to top Go down
sunny 57

sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: February 2013   February 2013 - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 11:25 am

stay safe Ellen, I know thar you are going to get rain, wind and maybe a thunder boomer today , glad your friend is going to be o.k. have a great vacation, how much longer are you going to be here in Florida
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: February 2013   February 2013 - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 1:55 pm

the wind is gone, the wind is gone,...thank goodness! Sunny and blue skies.....yehawwwwww....

Y'all be safe out there!
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: February 2013   February 2013 - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 5:38 pm

The U.S. Department of Agriculture was called in to investigate about 200 dead crows near here and there was concern that they may have died from Avian Flu. They hired a Bird Pathologist to examine the remains of all the crows & all were relieved when he confirmed the problem was definitely NOT Avian Flu. However, he determined that 98% of the crows had been killed by impact with trucks, but only 2% were killed by an impact with a car. The State then hired an Ornithological Behaviourist to determine the disproportionate percentages for truck versus car kill. The Ornithological Behaviourist determined the cause in short order. When crows eat road kill, they always set-up a look-out Crow in a nearby tree to warn of impending danger.
His conclusion was that the lookout crows could only say "Cah", and none of them were able to say, "Truck."

Have a nice day... Snoop with Unvarnished truth Report!
Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

PostSubject: Re: February 2013   February 2013 - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 10:45 am

Oh, I needed that chuckle to start my day. Thanks Snoop.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: February 2013   February 2013 - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 1:22 am

RICK:
I got half way thru that post before realizing you were pulling our legs....again! hysterical

ELLEN:
I am sure glad your friend is feeling better!

Yucko, what rotten weather yesterday. We had icy rain most of the day, so I didn't get the barnlot cleaned very well. Today I had to make up for that and spent an extra hour hauling crapola. Muck and mud.....Only three more weeks until spring. I hope someone tells the weatherman that. I am definitely over wanting anymore cold/wet/snowy/icy/windy weather this winter.

We are supposed to have a riding lesson tomorrow. I hope so, but it doesn't look promising for a bright sunny day.
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: February 2013   February 2013 - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 2:15 am

I did hit a buzzard one day while driving the Big Truck! And THAT is NOT a Snoop tale, either. lol!!
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: February 2013   February 2013 - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 12:18 pm

ooooooooooooo, YUK.

However, RICK 1, Buzzard 0.

Hope your weather change is soon ARK. Ours here in AZ is great right now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: February 2013   February 2013 - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

February 2013
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next