Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

February 2013

Go down 
+7
Indyapp
Manygatess
cb
sunny 57
Rick Angell
Ellen E
Ark
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
silverdancer

February 2013 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: February 2013   February 2013 - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 9:11 am

Hi all,
Sorry I haven't posted on here in a while, but I've been feeling a bit down because I had to put Jeckyll to sleep last week. His kidneys finally started to fail.
I really loved that kitty, even though he was only with me for a few years, and the house feels quiet and empty now. It'll take time to get used to that, I'm not a person who can right away get another cat, need time to adjust. I now have the sad job of phoning his previous owners and telling them, which I promised to do when it finally happened, I haven't been able to face that yet.

At least I have Zaristo to help take my mind off the loss, riding is great therapy, you definitely can't think of anything else while sitting on the horse or he'll take you by surprise at the wrong moment! We've training and competitions coming up a lot now, so it's good to keep busy.

Talk again soon.
Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

PostSubject: Re: February 2013   February 2013 - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 11:12 am

Hi All,

RICK, I'm glad to hear that HT is home. Unfortunately I offended Margaret and she no longer replies to my e-mails.

ARK, my coworkers first cataract surgery went great. She has her second one this week. She had to wear patch for a few hours after the surgery and over night, other than that no inconvenience or pain. She says the biggest difference (other than being able to see) are the colors. They are so much brighter.

SILVERDANCER, sorry to hear of the loss of your kitty. It's always hard when we have to let one of our loved ones go. Zaristo probably recognizes that you need him right now. Somehow they always know when we need some extra equine therapy.

Speaking of Post Offices. I just got back from mine. Wasted trip. My coworker who normally stops at the PO on her way in is sick today, so to be helpful I volunteer to run down to the PO to pick up our mail. Not one of us remembered that today is President's Day and that the PO is closed. On the plus side, I wasn't the only one walking in and seeing the dark lobby and THEN remembering the PO is closed. The revolving door really was revolving with people walking in and then right back out again. I at least had a box to open to see if there was anything in it from Saturday. There wasn't.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: February 2013   February 2013 - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 11:46 am

Silver Dancer, I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your kitty, it hurts so when we have to make THAT decision, but we do it out of love. When you are feeling better, get another kitty, it will help you thru the having a huge hole...and there are sooo many that need homes...you would be saving their life while they will be helping you thru a tough time.

IndyApp, how much snow do you have?

Trudy,good way to spend that big paycheck! LOL Yep, the cold weather and being by myself so much was taking a toll on me. Now hubby is around 24/7 and he is taking a toll on me! LOL
We are off to pick up our taxes and mail them, they are all done now. We'll get enuf back to go get the BEAST in Idaho and the rest of our household stuff and maybe a goat or two...as they are much cheaper up there than here. San Angelo is sheep/goat capital of the world...lots of sheep here...there are statues of painted up sheep (tell a story by pics) all over town in front of businesses. A group of women got together and knitted scarves for all the statues this Christmas and then remained anonymous...the local paper did a story on them, but kept their secret as to who they were...and then the homelss were given all the scarves they knitted, over 200 of them as that is how many sheep we have.

Ellen, have a great trip! I"m soooo jealus that you got to hug our Mr. Ricks' neck! tongue he is a handsome dude, eh?

Beech how much snow do you have, are you dug out yet?

OL MAN, how ya doin? How is Virginia?

HOW IS ALL OUR MISSING FOOPS DOING? Ya gotta check in and let us know...we worry about y'all!
Back to top Go down
Carol W

Carol W

PostSubject: Re: February 2013   February 2013 - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 1:26 pm

((((((Silver)))))))) so hard to lose one of our furbabies!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

PostSubject: Re: February 2013   February 2013 - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 2:24 pm

Snow? what Snow? We ain't got no stinkin' snow! Just COLD. Our snow has been really unusual this year. I guess we have about the normal amount for the winter total, it just hasn't stuck around for long as we've gotten it. It will snow, then warm up and it all goes away. Then it gets real cold and it snows again, then it warms up and goes away. Then it gets cold. I think you get the idea. Temps this week are to be low to mid 30s during the day and teens at night. We were suppose to have snow showers over the weekend but didn't. Today we have sunshine Smile to go along with the cold. Spring is coming though, the horses told me just this morning. When I gave them scritches I had hair sticking to my gloves.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: February 2013   February 2013 - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 4:27 pm

Nikki is shedding white hair that blows all over the neighborhood! boy she has a lot to shed out, while the other horses have very short coats for winter hair, but they are shedding also

i hope that everyone in the cold and snow gets a break pretty soon. I think I like Texas so far! When it is a 108...may be a different tune I sing.... Shocked bom

Have a great week everyone!
Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

PostSubject: Re: February 2013   February 2013 - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 10:27 am

OK, it's been a while since I raised any cattle, but I'm pretty sure bulls don't give milk. Here is a Craigslist ad that I came across this morning that I found funny.

4 1/2 year old Milking Devon Bull - $1500 (Lakeville)

Nicely built registered Milking Devon Bull, beef type, pasture performance dual purpose dairy & beef genetics. Extremely hardy outdoors, needs no grain or shelter. He is very mild tempered. Has horns. Price negotiable. • Location: Lakeville
•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Posting ID: 3627360539

Posted: 2013-02-18, 9:11PM EST

email to a friend

Avoid scams, deal locally!Do NOT wire funds (Western Union, Moneygram). Beware cashier checks, money orders, shipping, non-local buyers/sellers. More info
Copyright © 2013 craigslist, inc.
terms of use
privacy
feedback
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: February 2013   February 2013 - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 11:11 am

INDY, that's what's so fun about our English language. That's funny.

Here's another funny:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5snVfeb_Kw

She's so lovely she's no pain in the a$$ at all! Of course I find it hysterical. Ha, I don't have to keep track of her. In reality, she is probably a true example of serious pleasure horse.

Everyone enjoy and have a great day.

God bless and prayers for ALL.
Back to top Go down
Carol W

Carol W

PostSubject: Re: February 2013   February 2013 - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 12:55 pm

It is just great Syd ...... gotta love her..... I never had one let themselves out, but I always used the aisle in the barn as a run in for them. Mine would let themselves INTO their stalls. Made a mess that way too. LOL
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: February 2013   February 2013 - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 5:50 pm

Jane was just like her AND, she taught Will & Levi the same art. So, I have thick chains and thick snaps on everything. Jane preferred taking her herd to the two doctors lawn that is/was prob 15-20K. Then, of course, one time Piffy & Phoebe meandered to their prize chicken house and wreaked all kinds of havoc there. They are good neighbors and never said anything. However, now we're maybe 9 years down the road. They now have three Aussies and NO chickens left. LMAO, funny how that could even happen.

Fortunately, Jane never took the gang out again and as stated the neighbors fell in love with Aussies.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: February 2013   February 2013 - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 8:44 pm

ARK, how ya doin? and yes, it was Silver Springs in Ocala with the glass bottom boats.....but I love all the parks down there in FL....and the airboats, and the everglades...I should live there huh? instead of in Cactus and rock! LOL

taxes all done and sent in...woohoo....went to the grocery store and got our sodas and dog food and some chipotle rasberry hot pepper sauce...I wuv that stuff!

Then home and hubby worked on the pony pen getting ready for the impending birth of the lil one...putting smaller panels in there so the foal won't be able to get stuck anywhere and get hurt. May not need them, but would rather be safe than sorry. That was my exciting day!

Back to top Go down
sunny 57

sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: February 2013   February 2013 - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 1:43 am

it has been rather boring here as I am frustrated about my scooter, I love it but am still having trouble loading it on it's trailer, I know it takes practice but geeeesh it is supposed to get easier not harder, I am going back to the dealer and ask for advice, they have one other scooter that is the same as this one just a little lighter and the chair is shorter, maybe that is my answer or maybe they will help me to figure out how to load it,

now I need to name my scooter, it is yellow but I don't want to call it banana, or ol yeller, could you help me come up with names I would sure appreciate your help
Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

PostSubject: Re: February 2013   February 2013 - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 10:23 am

Except that it's close to your own name, how about Sunshine? Such as waking in the a.m. and saying "Hello Sunshine, shall we start our day?"
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: February 2013   February 2013 - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 12:09 pm

SUNNY FLOWER?
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: February 2013   February 2013 - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 12:12 pm

DAY ZEE?
Back to top Go down
sunny 57

sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: February 2013   February 2013 - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 2:30 pm

cool names , keep them comming and I will pick one and post and thank you for your help, our weather is going through a see saw up and down just had a brrrr cold front come through and now it is going to go into the upper 80's by the weekend then another front,
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: February 2013   February 2013 - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 12:06 am

SILVERDANCER
I am so sorry about Jeckyll. Poor little guy. Kidney failure seems to be the major killer of older cats for the most part. A new cat or kitten will come into your life when you are ready....(((((hugs))))).
I do love kittens, and cats. I could be the crazy cat lady, but luckily Donnie seems to have a more rational limit on cats. Rarely do we go out and choose a cat, they come to us as strays and once here, stay. Our newest stray is an adult grey striped tomcat we have named Giles. We need to fix his 'wagon' soon.

CB:
I am doing fine, thanks. Donnie has been researching some kind of equipment he wants to get and has been staying busy on the computer at night lately, so I haven't been on it much. We still don't have a connection to the internet except with his cellphone. Our antenna is ready to go up, but the ground has been too soft, mucky, slick, sticky, or icy to have a truck on the pasture where the antenna will be standing. We need a bucket truck to lift the antenna up.

INDYAPP:
I am glad your coworker's eye surgery went well! I was 5 minutes early for my eye surgeon appointment on
Monday....and found no one there. The building was locked up for lunch for the following hour and no one was around. Finally a lady came out and I asked her about my appointment and she said that doctor wasn't even scheduled for that day. So I called Donnie, who had the phone number for the office in Roanoke who made the appointment, and they told him that I was one year early. They had screwed up and the appointment was for Feb. 18, 2014. So I was one year and five minutes early. They have rescheduled me for March 19. Sheesh. Hopefully for
this year. So I have to wait another month to see the eye surgeon. I hope he is more talented than his office staff.

SUNNY:
Golden Streak.....Buttermobile....Trigger (after the Palomino Laughing )....Sunflower

Ivan and I have a lesson tomorrow :dance: . Friday we are taking Kazi and Daisy to have pedicures and their teeth looked at. Hopefully the weather will cooperate with all this.
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: February 2013   February 2013 - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 12:48 am

This is the first day I've had internet service since I left home. Haven't had time to read everything. Just checking in to say hi, and how much I am enjoying 70 degree weather. I'll try to catch up tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: February 2013   February 2013 - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 1:34 am

oh boy, I did an ut-oh today...

Sunny, I posted earlier, about the names...Silver (for Hio Silver) and then you could pop wheelies with it! Flicka or Fury as in trusty steed....BB for Big Bertha! Escape, cuz it will allow you to go off and escape to have fun..
I would get the people to give you a slightly smaller one that you can handle, good idea you are going to them to get help.

Ellen, have fun!

ARK, glad you are alright...hope your pasture dries out quickly...and you can get that antennae up and going.

asking for prayers/hums for a friend on another horsey site, her daughter gave birth today, and the baby is a preemie...she was 8 weeks early. Her name is Kaylynn....thanks all.

windy and cold here tonight...brrrr....down to 32 and raining a good ground soaking type of rain...steady most of the day.

Hubby finished the pony pen tho, put smaller panels up on the rail panels so the ponys' baby won't get thru or stuck.

Sleep tight y'all...and sweet dreams.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: February 2013   February 2013 - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 2:34 pm

Last Sunday we drove up to the facility where the carving show was being held, and there was Rick waiting to greet us. As he said, we started talking and didn't stop until the show was closing and it was time to leave. It was great to see him again.
Rick, those Girl Scout cookies I stopped to buy on the way out WERE good.
Maybe next time, Mz Carol will come along.

It's a lovely day in the neighborhood! Sunny and about 80 degrees. I'm wearing shorts for the first time since last summer. Not a pretty sight, but I'm too old to care. We sat out on the patio this morning, and watched a little alligator sunning himself on the bank. He's about 18 inches long. There was a much bigger one in the pond here, but it was removed since it was becoming a threat to pets.
Since the weather at home is in the teens with assorted varieties of precipitation, THIS is NICE!
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: February 2013   February 2013 - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 1:48 pm

Update on the new addition: Kaylynne Raeanne was born 8 weeks early and is in Neonatal unit...she weighed 4 lbs and 1 oz, and is the biggest baby in the unit. The breathing tube has been removed as was the feeding tube and she is taking 3 oz of milk a feeding and wanting more! YESSSSS! Grandma is estatic...first grand for her...and I'm so happy all is well...

Our power was out this morning...brrrrr....was below freezing! Working now and the sun is out so should warm up quickly now. Off to do laundry!

Have a great day and stay warm and safe y'all!
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: February 2013   February 2013 - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 2:20 pm

Carol, did you get snow out of that storm that went thru? We just got wind and cold weather, but days is up in the 60's and 70's this week....hoping to ride at the State Park this weekend.
When do you head back for cold country! We are planning on heading back to Idaho to pick up the last vehicle first part of April IF the weather clears up! Not driving thru no dang snow!

Ellen, enjoy your warmth! I've been in my tank tops, but today it is jacket weather once again! hope to get back to those tank tops soon!

Back to top Go down
Carol W

Carol W

PostSubject: Re: February 2013   February 2013 - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 3:07 pm

Yes, we did get the dreaded snow ... LOLOL there were snow days for some of the kids, but here in Tucson it is Rodeo Week, so the kids are out of school for that .... The riders in the parade yesterday were all bundled up and some of the usual participants were NOT there because the roads were closed. It was a surprising amount of snow ..... not my cup of tea, but some liked it. LOL
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: February 2013   February 2013 - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 1:19 am

CAROL:
It SNOWED in Tucson? Wow! How much snow did they get? I bet those kids don't get too many snow days. I think you lose this week's warm weather news, LOL.

ELLEN:
You win the Best Weather Award this week! Wearing shorts isn't in my near future. We got about an inch of icy snow/pellets over night last night. It was a slushy day.

Today we took Kazi and Daisy to Tech to have their feet trimmed and their teeth floated. Both needed their teeth worked on a bit, but Kazi had a broken back tooth that had to be partially removed. I didn't know she had that, so I am glad we had it worked on. Daisy just needed some sharp points filed away. It has been two years since they had their teeth floated. We are going to start taking another horse with Kazi when we go to Tech to have their feet trimmed or teeth floated, or whatever needs done. Next time we will take Ivan or Areion. It gives Donnie a little break from trimming one horse's feet and since we are going anyway, we may as well have needed things done to the second horse. Kazi and Daisy were very well behaved today, except for a little yelling back and forth when they got out of one another's sight.
It sure was messy today with the icy slush. We didn't know for sure until the last minute if we were going to haul horses to Tech or not. We didn't have any problems, thank goodness. We crept home as slowly as possible since both horses were coming off sedatives. We got home at almost 6pm, just before dark.

I had a fun lesson yesterday! It was so nice and sunny. The arena is a bit sheltered from the wind, so wasn't as windy as up at the house. We did some round pen work with Ivan to work on his canter, then had him free jump the little jumps Donnie made for me in the round pen. We are working up to me cantering him while riding in the arena. Then after that Lori had me ride Ivan bareback in the round pen, mostly at
a trot. While I have ridden Ivan bareback, this was the longest I had done it at the trot. It will help my balance. Ivan was in a good mood, he does love leaping over those jumps. Anyway, I am very saddle sore (without the saddle)! It is a whole lot more work to ride bareback. Ivan and I are both out of shape and need the exercise.
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: February 2013   February 2013 - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 2:03 pm

I wouldn't want to rub it in or anything, but the weather has been near perfect. Unfortunately, the man from the couple we came to visit was taken to the hospital by his wife about 4:30 this morning with a TIA. They say he is fine, but are reviewing his medical records from up north and doing some testing to make sure.
This morning, with no plans, we sat out on the patio watching the little alligators and a HUGE turtle as they live and move around the pond. We just wish our friends could be here with us to enjoy it. We're hoping he will be released later today.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: February 2013   February 2013 - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 9:21 pm

ELLEN, prayers for your friend and that ou all have a great week next week.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: February 2013   February 2013 - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

February 2013
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next