Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

July 2013 !!

Go down 
+6
sunny 57
Indyapp
Graymare
Ellen E
Rick Angell
Ark
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
sunny 57

July 2013 !! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2013 !!   July 2013 !! - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 8:31 pm

Ark, I just talked to Clara and she said that the site won't let her in saying that it is the wrong Id or password she tried at least 3 times and I told her exactly how to post it and she said she did that but it still won't let her in she says that the site don't like her she is frustrated,
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: July 2013 !!   July 2013 !! - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 10:04 pm

Well, phooey. Tell CB to register as Texas Clara and make her password "passwordsdon'tworkhere".
Hopefully we'll see her soon.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: July 2013 !!   July 2013 !! - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 11:47 pm

Okay, this is Ark posting after logging in as CB.

I have changed the password again.  It works from here.  I will send it to you, CB, by email.  Be sure to post your username and password just exactly as I send it to you in the email.  Copying and pasting it from the email would work even better.  If this doesn't work, I would suggest you try this from a different computer or tablet or whatever it is you are using.  It may be your machine is not letting you in.  

Good luck, CB.

This is Ark logging out as CB!
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: July 2013 !!   July 2013 !! - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 7:54 am

ARK, good idea.............maybe she is not using capitals or using capitals & spaces when she types in. I had that prob once.

Also, I have it written down on my username and password list..........I have to keep them all on a piece of paper.........then finding the list is the problem...................affraid 

Anyhow, maybe her daughter can help her. She'll get it. cheers 
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: July 2013 !!   July 2013 !! - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 3:04 pm

ARK, thank you! finalllllllly I can post. I've been able to read all along, just couldn't post anything....and it said my user/password was incorrect all the time. Jessi tried on her puter too, and same thing. BUT my new password let me right in the first time.....go figure! and I can also post with using it! CRAAAAZEEEEEE! why me?

I have new puppies, there wre 6, mama laid on one of them when hubby was spose to watching them while I napped....I think he also took a nap! So now Red has five lil cuties....and Curly Sues' are just adorable lil balls of fluff. Lil Bit fits in the palm of my hand still...she is so tiny. I think a retired couple will be buying her....no lil kids around and no other pets, so she will be pampered! If they don't get her, I'll keep her. she is a lil worm who is in our hearts....I nursed her with a teeny bottle to make sure she was eating, I had Mama dog feed her outside the playpen also to make sure she was eating.....when they started eating on their own, she was the first one to the feed pan! LOL

Greymare, glad all went well, now be good and heal right! I know being patient is not my virtue either, but sometimes we have to be for our own good! So take it easy!

Sorry so many are getting rain, I guess we are in for it here, 3-5 inches coming our way by way of thunder boomers....

SilverD, sorry I didn't know you were here! Next time lets me....if you come this way, I have a horse ya can ride, but ya gotta remember we are old fogies and we just kind of plod along now and enjoy the conversations and the scenery/wildlife that we see.
Would love to meet with ya tho.....ask Trudy what I can look like when ya meet me! except all the good stuff is in storage unit....LOL
Trudy, I'll never forget our first meeting!tongue Razz  or your husband saying to you, you'll be fine, she is as crazy as you are! And we picked you up and went off to Connecticut to meet other foops! I remember that day with laughter! Good times!

Thanks Sunny for getting me some help!

Ellen, I like that new toy...altho I would never get on it myself....I am so scared of the water! I was grownup before I could even shower with my head under water/spray....glad you are enjoying life! We all should as much as we can.

OK, see I'm back and with my books that I post....

HI to everyone! and good HUMS to anyone in need!

aahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....nice to be home again....
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: July 2013 !!   July 2013 !! - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 4:01 pm

Oh good!  I guess I finally found a password your computer liked!  Laughing Congrats on the new pups.  Wow, I wouldn't know quite what to do with all those!  I did babysit two litters for a woman who was supposed to leave them a few days and I ended up with them for 6 weeks.  Worked for her, I ended up buying two of them.  Never leave me with animals. Rolling Eyes 

Ivan and I are learning to turn on the forehand.  Thursday we had a hard time getting a step without moving his hiney.  Yesterday he seemed to have figured it out and went half way around a circle before I stopped him, doing it perfectly!  He is so smart, he works things out between sessions sometimes.  The biggest problem with him learning new things is that after he figures it out, it is all he wants to do for awhile Laughing.  I wish he would learn not to be nervous in strange places and love doing that!

We did have a little spook happen during our ride yesterday. A killer bunny rabbit dashed across the arena about 30 feet from us. albino  Ivan has always known there was a killer something on that side of the arena fence. Now we know what it is.

I am looking forward to Areion's first lesson from someone other than me or Donnie next Thursday.  She is good at a lot of ground things, but I have never lunged her and that is the first thing Lori is going to do.  Should be interesting.  Areion does lead, but I have never had her move out in a circle.  

Donnie's tractor arrived Friday evening and the first thing he did yesterday was to scrape the arena within an inch of its life.  It looks really nice, got rid of those sneaky grass and weeds trying to grow, and the footing is so much better.  Today he is out in the lower hayfield getting rid of Johnson grass plants with the tractor and the weed wick he built last fall.  He is turning into Farmer Donnie.  I love it! Very Happy   We should have gotten a tractor years ago.  He already has a manure compost pile in the works that will get spread on the hayfields after it finishes composting.  It will improve our fields tremendously.
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: July 2013 !!   July 2013 !! - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 8:09 pm

Welcome home, CB. We sure are glad to have you back!

Tractors are fun to play with. They can do so much with so little manual labor. I loved the lawn tractor I had in Speedway and would have loved to bring it with me up here, but it was too much tractor for too little yard.

We waited until most of the weekenders had gone home, then my neighbor and I took the jetski for a couple of trips around the big lake. It was still rather rough out there, but we had fun anyway. Very Happy  When we got back on our lake, we knew her paranoid husband would be watching, so I opened it up and FLEW about half way down the lake. This lake has a 10mph speed limit, so I was definitely breaking the law for about 20 seconds. Sure enough, he came out of the house to watch. He's sooo predictable. Razz 
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: July 2013 !!   July 2013 !! - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 9:43 pm

WELCOME BACK CB! We can't wait for pics of the puppies.

hug 
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: July 2013 !!   July 2013 !! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 5:06 pm

I can send pics by cell phone to cell phone if someone can download the pics onto here.....I still havn't learned to do that yet....

We are getting rain rain and more rain.......the ranchers sold off their cattle here, due to the drought, the packing house closed down and laid off a LOT of people.....and now we have had a good year for rain and growing things like hay and grass.....you would think the hay prices would go down a bit, huh? NOPE! 14.50 for a small bale that weighs about 70 pounds if its a good one. I sold the Paint gelding to the guy who worked with Rocky for his wife and daughter, Commanche needed to be finished , and I know this guy can do that and have a really good horse. He gained a lot of his weight back, coat was shiny and he loved everyone as long as there was food in your hand! But since the prices aren't going down, I need to find homes for the ponies and the palomino mare with a buy back option on them all, in writing....as I got on the Paint.
Well, I guess I'd better go to Wal Mart and find me a pair of flippers....coming over to Jessis today, there were several roads where we had to turn around, don't drown! and we have 3 more days of this.....grass is certainly growing at the ranch! WE don't have the cactus cleared out yet tho, so the horses can't be on it until we do, as they get sore mouths from the cactus spines. Am hoping for a good growing year next year, as by then we should have it cleared and the horses can run on it.

Well, have a great day/week y'all.bounce 
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: July 2013 !!   July 2013 !! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 11:30 pm

Neighbor and I returning from a ride. Notice the swept back hair due to significant speed. Laughing 
[IMG=https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img43/2474/irtt.jpg][/IMG]

Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: July 2013 !!   July 2013 !! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 12:21 am

Cool....................glad you're having such a great time!!! Great pic....................

CB, sorry you have to thin your herd but I sure understand!

Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: July 2013 !!   July 2013 !! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 12:25 am

Something for CB to aspire to.
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: July 2013 !!   July 2013 !! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 11:29 am

RICK: OMG what a dog!!!!!!!! That dog sure could do a lot of tricks. Can you imagine how long it took to train him all of those tricks?

CB: I will always remember our first meeting when George thought I was being abducted and taken away by strange horse people. Then he saw you and knew I would be safe with a woman dressed like a cow, since he would be able to identify you in a line up. tee hee. I just ran across those photos from CT when I was digging thru my photos looking for photos of me & George for our 25th wedding anniversary party.

The party is August 10 at the Potts Grove Fire Hal, anyone in PA come on over and join the party. It's gonna be a blast, about 60 people will be there.

We've been busy with the garden, made 24 jars of pickles, put up beets and have to put up green beans today. The garden is producing fasted than we can keep up with it. Keeps us hopping.

The heat is on here this week. Too darn hot to leave the house except between 5 and 6 AM. We are out walking Ace and doing gardening early in the morning.

Finished painting the bedroom yesterday..it looks so nice, although George can't tell what color it is. Having a color blind hubby is a good thing, he never complains about the colors I paint the rooms. He said "this blue looks a little funny to me, like it's almost purple." HAHAHAH It IS purple...a nice very pale lilac.

Once the heat subsides we are onto the next big project. Painting the balcony porch floor and railing.

Some fool threw another kitten out here last Friday during the thunder storm. Poor little guy...he is so cute and I fear for his life. Dexter (who is living up to his name) is not fond of the male kittens. I'm trying to find the kitten a home. He was a house kitten and wants into the house, life in the barn is not for him.

Say a prayer for my DIL Jill, she had surgery last month and they punched a hole in her bladder...more surgery in her future to fix the hole. What a nightmare for that kid...

Stay cool everyone...have fun and enjoy the summer...
Love & prayers for all.
Back to top Go down
sunny 57

sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: July 2013 !!   July 2013 !! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 12:02 pm

prayers comming your way for Jill that they get that hole fixed and she recovers quickly, try to stay cool I know it is hot every where right now
Back to top Go down
Carol W

Carol W

PostSubject: Re: July 2013 !!   July 2013 !! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 12:57 pm

You are one busy lady Trudy!!!! Your garden sounds wonderful, but I know it is a lot of work. Stuff is always ready to harvest and put up during the hottest part of summer. Sure does taste great in the winter though.

Prayers going up for Jill and that poor little kitten. Will never understand how people can just throw them out with no way to survive or understand it all. The lucky ones have an angel who takes them in and helps them out.
Back to top Go down
silverdancer

silverdancer

PostSubject: Re: July 2013 !!   July 2013 !! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 6:48 pm

Carol - you are so right, how can people just throw away animals like they were just objects, it is beyond me.
I know that all on here do share the same feelings of responsibility towards animals, lovely to read about all the stories. And even when things get tough, we always put their welfare first.

Now, my time in the USA is nearly at an end - I head back tomorrow! We have done lots with the kiddies over the holiday time, though, and even went on a little trail ride last week. We went in the morning, while it was cool (ish) and were out for an hour. My horse was a little Palomino called Paradise. Smile and we were out for an hour.
CB - yes, we were only at walk and that was fine! It just felt good to be back on a horse again.
The kiddies enjoyed it a lot, and my son took photos and a short movie. I really need to diet.

As soon as I get back to Ireland, though, Zaristo and I will be aiming for the TREC National Championships, which are on this weekend, in Co Cavan, near the lakes. Z will have to look after me, I'll be jet-lagged! Will update you all after I get back.

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: July 2013 !!   July 2013 !! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 9:51 pm

This is one of those rare days when all feels right with my little world. Went to work for 6 hours; came home and went to the hotel for pizza with the neighbors; neighbors' visiting kids helped me move the jetski lift to slightly deeper water so they were rewarded for their efforts with a little ride around the lake. Then we all swam for about an hour and a half. Later, I dragged the kayak out into the water to give it a bath; swam a little more. Finally came to the house and saw a guy from across the lake bring his pontoon in closer to our shore. He has built a swim platform on top of the pontoon that is strong enough for the kids to climb up and jump off. He doesn't know these kids, but the lake is so quiet this evening he could hear them talking about his wonderful dog. He anchored in front of the neighbors' place so those kids could play and jump off the upper deck. Climb up. Jump off. Climb up. Jump off......
We don't really know the guy from across the lake, but we've seen he and his dog almost everyday during the summer. The dog jumps in, then climbs back up the ladder to get back on board.
I truly love the sense of community that we have around here.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: July 2013 !!   July 2013 !! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 10:43 pm

Trudy, I'm sure you will really enjoy that garden this winter when everybody else is eating store bought produce that was grown more for travel than eating.

I do pray that they will get Jill fixed up and healed.

Like the rest of you, I just don't understand how people can just dump kittens and puppies. It's such a cruel thing to do. Your kitten was lucky to get dumped at your house because you'll make sure it gets a good home.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: July 2013 !!   July 2013 !! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 10:22 am

RICK, what a great video. I so enjoyed it.

TRUDY, I haven't gardened and canned for years but I used to. Your note brought great memories.
Canning never seemed that much hotter than harvesting. I HATED strawberry picking so making the jelly seemed pretty easy. LOL Naturally weeding was always an argument to determine whose turn it was. Hope you can find a home for the kitten.

SILVER, so glad you took the grands for a trail ride. Good luck to you and Zaristo during your trekking competition. AND have a fun & safe travel day.

ELLEN, glad you're having fun with your ski.

ARK, ha, how is Aerion liking work? She'll be easy and fun.

No news here. Walking and swimming is making me stronger. ClappingHands  ClappingHands ClappingHands 
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: July 2013 !!   July 2013 !! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 10:27 am

Oh, forgot. Prayers for JILL, TRUDY......golly, the doc better be paying the fees associated w the repair. Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: July 2013 !!   July 2013 !! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 2:29 pm

Trudy, I'll never forget our first meeting either...tongue Razz 
sending big Hums for jill that they get her fixed up and soon....

Ellen, sounds like you are loving your retirement and your lake home/community. That all sounds nice. Enjoy! Ya ever think the guy across the lake is coming by to see you? hmmmm?

SilverD:hope we get to meet next time you are in town! Have a great time at your ride when you get back. They are addicting... safe travels going home.

Graymare, you sound like your recovery is doing great!

Carol, good to see you post, how ya doin?

Sunny, are you growing mold down that way yet...that's been a lot of rain!

We have had 3 days of the wet stuff...whew....the humidity is so high...YUCK, not liking my new home right this minute! Puppies are growing and doing great. I have some tests tomorrow...am doing a prep today...that stuff is terrible to drink...worse part of this!

Everyone/Y'all take care and POST!

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: July 2013 !!   July 2013 !! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 3:45 pm

Nope. He pulled in closer to our shore after I came to the house.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: July 2013 !!   July 2013 !! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 10:14 pm

TRUDY:
 Poor Jill.  Huge hugs, positive thoughts and prayers being sent to her.  (((((Jill)))).
I can't believe you named a tomcat Dexter!Twisted Evil   I hope the kitten finds a good  home.  I just discovered a low cost spay/neuter clinic in the next town!  Giles, our latest tomcat, is going to have an attitude adjustment very soon.  He has been around for a few months, but has only recently tamed up enough to possibly catch.  I am now feeding him in a cat carrier so that when the time arrives for the big snip, he will walk into the carrier on his own.  He accidentally got into the house last week and spent about 5 hours under the treadmill, including during the time Annie was using it.  We thought he had gotten back out thru the open door.  You never saw such a relieved cat when Donnie found him and got him back outside.   We wondered why Kumquat wouldn't go into the t.v. room that day.

ELLEN:
You really are lucky to have such a nice bunch of neighbors and friends where you have retired!  cheers   The new guy across the lake sounds interesting.....Very Happy 

SILVERDANCER:
 Safe trip home!!  And have fun with your trek adventure this weekend!  Pix would be nice....Very Happy 

RICK:
 That was a nice doggy video!  Then I got into several more that showed up at the end of it.  There's a million of those out there, aren't there?  

GRAYMARE:
 Areion's first day on the job is tomorrow afternoon.  Donnie trimmed her feet this evening so she is set to go....although covered in mud right now.  We had a tremendous thunder and lightning storm this afternoon that she stood out in, then rolled in the mud to dry off Rolling Eyes .  Everyone else stayed in the barn, but Areion likes getting wet.   I hope Areion enjoys her new job, I look forward to riding a horse I didn't have to train for myself, at least not entirely.
I will take some pix.  Areion's a big girl now, at least as tall as Daisy if not a little taller.  It's been amazing to see her grow.

CB:
Don't wash away!  We are now into summer time temps and afternoon thunderstorms, as opposed to cooler temps and all day rain.  We are a soggy bunch around here.  All our ponies have white line in their hooves from the damp and now spend their days locked in Kazi's stall and their nights locked in their own.  No mud time for them.
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: July 2013 !!   July 2013 !! - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 1:52 pm

HAPPY STORY:
I'm not sure I'm telling all the facts exactly but this is how it all happened.............

My friend called to ask if I knew anyone that wanted her gorgeous Poco Tivio working ranch mare (out of shape but very well cared for)...............I told her "me" but I can't have another horse. So, I gave her friend's # in CO that is still on their ranch..............

To make a long story short she called and it turned out neighbor rancher wants her as he has two kids in highschool rodeo. So, now how does she get there?

Brother, other neighbor rancher is big roper and on his way home from California with his son. "Sure, we'll come through and pick her up". Yest morning they pulled a coggins and had paper to check if they had to.

Anyhow, they pulled in, slept 3 hrs there, and pulled out around 4A, I guess. Friend cried, of course but is beyond thrilled how good these people all are. And, what a home........

I'm sure they took her right off on her papers.......those old working boys know good blood.

So my friend on her ranch said it will be fun to see out over the range as they slowly put her back in work. The two kids that are receiving her have no clue as far as I know.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: July 2013 !!   July 2013 !! - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 2:59 pm

Graymare, that is one of those bittersweet stories. I'm so sorry your friend had to part with her old friend, but those kids will have a wonderful new friend. You are a good friend to all of them for helping make it happen.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: July 2013 !!   July 2013 !! - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 6:26 pm

ELLEN, the mare is only 11 or 12.......................
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: July 2013 !!   July 2013 !! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

July 2013 !!
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next