Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

January 2014

Go down 
+9
Rose
Beech
sunny 57
Manygatess
Rick Angell
Graymare
Indyapp
Ellen E
Ark
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Rick Angell

January 2014 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: January 2014   January 2014 - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 3:11 pm

LOL!! Trudy....now you know where I get jokes from....my friends!!
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: January 2014   January 2014 - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 7:57 pm

January 2014 - Page 5 1497509_10201085511009369_363440898_n
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: January 2014   January 2014 - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 12:02 pm

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: January 2014   January 2014 - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 1:49 pm

Wow! That is one smart dog!
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: January 2014   January 2014 - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 2:41 pm

Amen to that story Greymare! they forgot we hung our clothes out to dry, washed them on a rock in a wash tub....or used a scrubboard....no washing machine for years! No spin cycles, they got wrung by hand.....ok y'all know I grew up in the mountains....no indoor plumbing....think of the water she uses everytime she takes a shower or flushes the toilet....grrrrrrrr....she is a young stupid person in my book....it makes me so angry for this generation to think we never did anything to help save our world and environment...and if it weren't for our generation and older ones she wouldn't even have the right to speak like that. I'd say our generations and older ones took very good care of our country all the way around.
OK off my soap box!

NIce weather here, hubby is getting some things done outside and I am spose to be shamppoing the carpets...uh-huh....ughie job in my book....

Hope everyone can get outside and enjoy good weather!

Back to top Go down
Beech

Beech

PostSubject: Re: January 2014   January 2014 - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 7:50 pm

January 2014 - Page 5 408572436
Back to top Go down
Beech

Beech

PostSubject: Re: January 2014   January 2014 - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 7:56 pm

Hey, it worked! ELLEN, this was for you, back a bit when you were looking for something, I forget what!
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: January 2014   January 2014 - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 9:43 pm

Boy, that's the truth! I did finally find the towel, Beech.  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: January 2014   January 2014 - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 3:46 am

Graphsman Snoop says: Your pie graph is way wrong for me. I send a LOT more time looking for stuff than the graph indicates....especially stuff for RICK. Miss Beech...you must live a simple. well organized life!!
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: January 2014   January 2014 - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 8:18 am

I also spend waayyyy more time looking for things, usually George's things that he has misplaced and has blamed me for moving. Sometimes I search for things that I don't even know what I am looking for, but I look anyway. LOL Once he starts a search and destroy mission when searching, I have to try to help him locate the missing object.

One time he was searching like a mad man for his glasses, of course, I MUST have moved them, cause I always move his stuff, when I saw where they were, I started laughing & refused to tell him where they were...They were ON HIS HEAD.  ROFL ROFL ROFL 
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: January 2014   January 2014 - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 12:15 pm

BEECH…….I C & P'd the graph. Being Polish I titled it Polish Powerpoint. TL & I laugh hysterically at it……………….some days we eat more, some days the hunt & search takes WAY more of the pie.
TRUDY, if we can't find it, we just go to Home Depot……unless it's the welder or maybe the gargantuan car jack………but, like your house, if it's lost, I moved it………….one time I took the tractor down the street, then, in the afternoon I asked TL where the tractor was/is………after he said "what do you mean, where's the tractor?"……I said "well, someone must have borrowed it, cuz it's not here"………………he went tilt so I had to tell him it was a joke………..he recovered…………………….lol, eventually. I took him out to eat…………..

He has always said "if you can't take a joke, you can't live with me easily"……………….LMAO. We spend time just thinking of jokes on the other. Not too long ago TL took the positive connection off my battery in my car………………ha ha, I figured it right out……I just assumed maybe the battery had corroded as that happens here in AZ a lot, so that was the first thing I checked when the car wouldn't start. He took me out for lunch……………..

Our gang here has a lot of fun……………if something is way off here, I now always wonder who is tricking me rather than having a natural event………...

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: January 2014   January 2014 - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 1:17 pm

This is a winter scene from my sofa.

January 2014 - Page 5 408577251
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: January 2014   January 2014 - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 2:21 pm

Curly Sue started having puppies at 5 a.m. at least she let me sleep most of the night! She has 3 boys and 1 girl, I think all black and tan lil doxies. One is a bit lighter, it may scrape thru as a blue and tan, we'll see as it gets older. She had the first two just fine and the next one came out and out and out...and I thought something was wrong with it...longes pup I ever saw until I realized one was head first and one was breech in the same sac! She got almost all of the second one out and ran out of strength...just couldn't contract anymore....I greased her good and good thing my little fingers are small, got up there and helped her...,got it out and broke the sacs and we cleaned them together quickly and I swung them both to get the fluid out of their lungs...poor babies were gurgling, you could hear it and feel it. But they seem to be doing well now. Thank goodness. Mom had a voracious appetite when finished, eating egg and cheese and drinking milk with vitamins in it. She is now sleeping and the pups are filling out nicely so they are nursing alright. SIGGGGH....I told Curly she shouldn't have found that one broken wire on that wire pen hubby made, and she wouldn't have been doing this now! She just looked at me, Like, now I tell her that! LOL

Jessi saw her ortho doc this morning, bones look good and she gotz her new purple glow in the dark cast on to finish the healing. She is doin' a happy dance!
Plans on riding tomorrow with the girls....they r still deciding on Max.....I'm keeping out of the equation on that one.

Y'all have a good day! Mine is doing pretty good.
Back to top Go down
Beech

Beech

PostSubject: Re: January 2014   January 2014 - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 7:33 pm

Ooooh, SNOOP, "simple and well-organized" my life is not! But, TRUDY and GRAYMARE, it's good to know I've got company in the looking-for-lost-things department. I like your stories. As for me, I have to confess that there have been times when I've been groping around with my right hand for something that's in my left hand -- a screwdriver, say, or the right-sized wrench that I KNOW I just had. WHERE could it have gone???

CB, those pups are smart to have picked you.

We still have snow on the ground everywhere, and lots of patches of ice, but today was springlike. A person could get used to that. I hung towels out on the line.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: January 2014   January 2014 - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 8:12 pm

I don't think I like Windows 8.1 very much. It wants to give me waaaay too much help and waaaay too many pop-ups I can't get rid of. I've spend ALL afternoon trying to get my new computer set up to work the way I want it to. I have most things working okay, except for my e-mail. I can get to that but not conveniently. I can sure see why people are not happy with this new version of Windows. Even if it was on a touch screen, it would still be a mess.
Oh well. I'll learn, I guess.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: January 2014   January 2014 - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 8:17 pm

Now that I'm done griping... CB, I'm glad you safely have the puppies and mommy doing well. You know you love having more puppies.  Very Happy 

As for losing things... I think I told you all about this 5 years ago. When this place was being remodeled, Builder Rich needed something from Lowes, and needed it quickly. I headed for the car but couldn't find my keys. I looked EVERYWHERE. Finally grabbed the second set of keys from a little storage box. By the time I got in the car, I had a set of keys in each hand. I never did figure out how that happened.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: January 2014   January 2014 - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 8:44 pm

Rolling Eyes Razz  I never lose nuthin! LOL mahahhahahahah tongue geek geek lol! shrug shrug shrug 
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: January 2014   January 2014 - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 10:47 pm

Oh ELLEN, I hate organizing a new computer……………I'm sure it will be great when you get used to it.

CB, way exciting………oh, how I love puppies. They have to be so sweet! Sure was glad to read Jessi is healing well so far. The grands are going to go nuts when they see the puppies the puppies this week end……….I hope you can get some pics

By the way, BEECH, can you get there pic of your horse up now? I hope he's doing well.

ARK, did you get to have your lesson this week?

RICK, does CAMERON show any interest in horses? I'm the horse crazy one in our family.

Ugh. I washed some windows today. I'm not joking………rain spots be gone! Anyhow, this should last about a week or so……………….

Everyone have a good evening……………….
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: January 2014   January 2014 - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 1:25 am

ELLEN:
I love that fuzzy squirrel! Donnie has just started feeding the big red squirrel down by our barn. He heard that the oak trees didn't produce enough acorns this year, and despite the fact that we have few oaks but many nutty walnut trees, he ran out and bought the squirrel a 50 pound bag of whole corn. That squirrel should be fat and sassy all winter.  Very Happy 
Did you ever find your seal suit? I love the key story!

BEECH:
That is a great pie chart! I hate looking for things and whenever possible, get Donnie to do it.

CB:
Congrats on the new doxies! One of these days I am going to get a long haired dachshund. I think they are very pretty. It will have to wait until I get my yard fenced from the road, though.

GRAYMARE:
Come wash my windows! Of course, the water will probably freeze onto the panes.... Rolling Eyes  It is going to be colder tomorrow. I almost look forward to the colder weather, the mud is just so tiring. I sincerely hope we get our barnlot drained and graveled this coming year. The mud makes everything hard to do. We haven't had any snow to speak of, just flurries, but have had enough rain to make 2 feet of snow.....lots of mud.
Yep, I had a lesson with Ivan yesterday. He did pretty good. Areion didn't do so well, though. I think she has back slid a little and we are going to have to do some things over. She was a live wire and ended up bucking while Lori was on her. Lori stuck to the saddle, but I was afraid she was going to be pitched off. It was very cold and somewhat windy and the horses have spent most of their time locked up due to mud and/or ice, so it could be Areion just had too much energy to contain herself. She just never got with the program yesterday.

Well you folks know I am spider-phobic. I have this great cat who hunts spiders for me and keeps me happy. Well I am now also admitting that I have mousepantsophobia. I have a stupid fear of harmless mice running up my pants leg. Today my cat, Kumquat, who has been into mouse hunting training for years by chasing laser dots and torturing catnip filled toy mice, caught a mouse for the first time in her life! IN MY HOUSE! I think I mentioned that she and I watched a mouse walk across the bedroom skylight a couple of weeks ago. Since then she has been climbing as high up as she can get all over the house, looking for that mouse. We don't usually get mice in the house, but this one was in the attic looking down on us. Kumquat took that personally. She got up on the pantry cabinet and somehow got the mouse who was stupid enough to come out of the ceiling there.

I heard a big bang in the kitchen, went in and found a broken vase that Kumquat had knocked off the pantry cabinet. Kumquat is always into something, so I didn't think much about it. I cleaned up the glass, walked into the bathroom and found Kumquat with a mouse in her mouth.  affraid  I did what looked like Snoopy's 'happy dance', only it was accompanied by shrieking instead of music. Kumquat dropped the mouse when I let out a shriek, then chased it around the bathroom. My one thought, beyond my fear of it climbing my pants leg, was that the mouse would get away from her, disappear into my bedroom, and I would never sleep again. I grabbed a cup and tried to catch the mouse while Kumquat also was trying to catch the mouse. It disappeared under a pair of riding pants I had left on the floor. It was in my pants! I picked up the pants, but didn't see the mouse. Kumquat was yelling and trying to find it, too. I shook the pants and it fell out of the pants leg. I captured it with the cup....whew...My nerves were shot. I released the thing about 75 feet from the house and went on down to the barn to put the horses to bed.

On coming back up to the house, my barncat, Giles was waiting on the porch with ANOTHER mouse! It was also very alive. I had catfood in my hand to give Giles and put it on the porch table, thinking Giles would release the mouse. He didn't, he hopped up on the table with it in his mouth, then released it. The poor mouse was standing underneath Giles while he was digging into his dinner. With MY HAND, I swept the mouse off the table aiming for a bag to capture it in. The mouse went scooting off behind me, missing the bag, and I couldn't find it. I searched my pants legs looking to see if it was clinging to me, doing another happy dance, and then saw it dash under the table. I left it to save itself from Giles.

Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: January 2014   January 2014 - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 10:53 am

Ark, it's too bad somebody didn't have a video camera handy. That would have been a winner on Funniest Videos.  Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing 

Well, my new computer is a paperweight this morning. I made me put in a password to open it. I tried every password I could think of, got on this computer and changed the password and wrote it down.  Tried the new password. Still no go. I don't even want to have to use a password to start my computer. Microsoft has definitely made it a secure world. So secure it's unusable. gripe gripe gripe grump grump grump
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: January 2014   January 2014 - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 12:50 pm

Carefully "snitched" from Alma Lou's Facebook posting...January 2014 - Page 5 424087_10151396636248331_588222849_n
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: January 2014   January 2014 - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 12:52 pm

Graymare...to answer your question...Cam hasn't shown much interest in horses.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: January 2014   January 2014 - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 3:11 pm

I am computerless for a few days. Could not get the password worked out so took both computers to visit the Geek Squad where he was able to solve it. BUT the new computer came with a trial version of Norton, not activated. So when I first turned it on bunches of viruses and malwear got right in. Had to leave it there to be cleaned up. $99 for a year of service that includes up to three computers, so I left the old one too for a clean up.
This has not been a happy experience. I guess it has to get better.
Back to top Go down
sunny 57

sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: January 2014   January 2014 - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 3:56 pm

Elen, that is why I am not dependent on electronics, some day they could crash and people won't know how to survive without there computers, tablets, phones,etc, our generation is the last to nothave ben taught about computers n school like they are today
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: January 2014   January 2014 - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 5:18 pm

I agree with you, Sunny. I will survive very well without them, but I really enjoy my Internet friends so I'll make do with my Kindle.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: January 2014   January 2014 - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 11:24 pm

I'd miss y'all too if I didn't have my puter. There have been times I have been off becuz of breakdowns in my putters....but I've always come back when I could.

The GD's rode today going over a wooden bridge and trotting over poles, the weather was wonderfully warm, had my tank top on! Luvin it!
I put our Palomino Appy mare on craigslist today and someone called five minutes later and came to see her and bought her....I'm hoping she will be good for these folks, and they seem nice, and have had horses for a few years now so are not total beginners. Hay is getting so terribly expensive we had to cut back. Working with a fixed income puts a damper on any rescues, but I have enuf to care for right now.

Well, hope everyone has a good weekend.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: January 2014   January 2014 - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

January 2014
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next