Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

February 2014

Go down 
+9
sunny 57
Beech
Rick Angell
Indyapp
Ellen E
Manygatess
Graymare
cb
Ark
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Graymare

February 2014 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: February 2014   February 2014 - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 12:29 pm

INDY, my back surgery so far is a way good thing…………..but, I will say, I was desperate,
out of options…………I did all the other things first.  It's a tough go and you have to make what you want it to be……..no serious effort, no go………………..
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: February 2014   February 2014 - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 1:09 pm

Back…………vet check fine…………she needs dentistry badly and feet trimmed…………
My friend gets right in gear…..dentist due at 10A and shoer coming at the same time.
Then she is set for 6 weeks and can just gather groceries, nutrition, and love…….I'm sure she will get some good serious grooming from Jose who should be a massage therapist.  He SO loves horses.  So, she will get work done today w sedation for her teeth.  OH, friend just called again………..shoer is finished trimming………..no fuss, finished front L and moved to back L, mare had hoof up & ready……………..I am so excited to meet her.  I STILL forgot to ask her name…………………...
Back to top Go down
sunny 57

sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: February 2014   February 2014 - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 1:13 pm

Well I am so happy with my kindle it can do much more than my computer did and faster too I can't wait to try the Skype but I don't know anybody that can also Skype so will have to wait on that app I hope that all of you are doing o.k with this new storm please stay safe and warm
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: February 2014   February 2014 - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 2:14 pm

Indy, for what it's worth, I have a Netgear Router. It's my second one and it was a very easy set up. Since the first one was Netgear, all I had to do was unplug from the back of the old one and right into the new one. Select it on my computer. Done.

Graymare, I'm so glad that mare will get the care she deserves. Keep us posted on the progress.
Is Faith showing any signs of getting closer to her time yet? Other than getting bigger and bigger?
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: February 2014   February 2014 - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 2:18 pm

She is just out there eating and ambling around………………LOL  happy happy happy
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: February 2014   February 2014 - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 4:34 pm

INDYAPP:
 I don't really have a recipe as such.  I am more of a "throw it all in a pot and season to taste" sort of cook.   If your stew is bland, I do use lots of garlic, beef broth, onion, and red pepper to pep it up.  

GRAYMARE:
 I am so happy this mare has gotten a good home! wavy   Her new owner sounds wonderful.
Are you going to the big Arab show?  I should do that some day....although I don't really like the extremes that some breeders and trainers go to at such places to get 'the look of the decade'.  
We are half way thru Feb, is Faith going to keep you on your toes another month?  Laughing 

TRUDY:
 We have 14 inches of snow and it is still coming down this afternoon.  Donnie is out giving the snowblower a workout, although he hasn't made it to the barn yet.  I had to trudge down there thru the knee high snow and clean the barn as best I could.  Until he gets a path from the barn to the manure pile, the crapola is staying in heaps inside the barn.  The horses don't seem to care as long as I keep them in hay.  

February 2014 - Page 4 V3ce Donnie the SnowBlower Guy

February 2014 - Page 4 Ilrd Taken at 2 pm.
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: February 2014   February 2014 - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 6:56 pm

Yes ARK, I go to the show….I work in the dressage sport horse and can't miss the cow horses.

I'm trying to get a picture up so that I stand a chance when the foal is born…………..imageshack & picture trail have new faces…………..

This is my chair project……LOL, I'm on chair #2 and have 4 more to go.  I'm doing the ones in most need first………………………

URL=https://imageshack.com/i/goozldj][img=https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/v2/xq90/600/ozld.jpg][/img][/URL]
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: February 2014   February 2014 - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 6:59 pm

Ha, lucky I'm preparing………………..

How are you posting your pics ARK?
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: February 2014   February 2014 - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 7:04 pm

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: February 2014   February 2014 - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 8:56 pm

What are you using on the chairs? Webbing? Rattan? Canvas?
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: February 2014   February 2014 - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 10:48 pm

It's a very strong poly weave……I'll post a pic of a finished one tomorrow………...
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: February 2014   February 2014 - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 12:36 am

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing SNOOP reports:

While on a road trip, Rick and Miss Carol
stopped at a roadside restaurant for lunch.
After finishing their meal, they left the
restaurant, and resumed their trip.

When leaving, Carol unknowingly left her glasses on the table, and she didn't miss them until they had been driving for about forty minutes.

By then, to add to the aggravation, they
had to travel quite a distance before
they could find a place to turn around,
in order to return to the restaurant
to retrieve her glasses.

All the way back, Rick
became the classic grouchy old man.
He fussed and complained, and
scolded Carol relentlessly during the
entire return drive. The more he chided her, the more agitated he became. He
just wouldn't let up for a single minute.

To her relief, they finally arrived at the restaurant.

As Carol got out of the car, and hurried inside to retrieve her glasses, Rick yelled to her,
“While you're in there, you might as well get my hat and the credit card.”
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: February 2014   February 2014 - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 1:15 am

GRAYMARE:
 That's going to be a nice chair.  
 Areion could be registered as a sport horse, I just haven't done it.  She is already in two registries with the Andalusians and the Arabians, and if we ever need it, we can get her registered into the sport horse group using those other two registries.  She could also be registered in the Hispano-Arabe registry, but how many does one horse need?  Laughing  She sure doesn't care.

I'd love to see the sport horse classes at Scottsdale.  I bet they have some fantastic looking horses.  I really think you can breed about anything to an Arab and come out with a nice looking horse.  

I am using ImageShack to host the photos and then inserting the link at the top of the posting page where the little t.v. says "insert Image".   ImageShack has changed in the past month.  To keep all our avatars and photos we have here on this site and Foopville's site, I had to subscribe to it.  After all the free years, I guess it is worth it.  I'll have to check out the place you posted the chair on.

Donnie took the snowblower down to the barn this afternoon and made paths all over the place.  At first the horses freaked out, thinking that had to be a monster.  They took off running.  By the time Donnie got done, Areion was following him fairly closely.  She is the bravest of the herd and will check things out long before the others.

February 2014 - Page 4 U6d7February 2014 - Page 4 KbagFebruary 2014 - Page 4 R4r5

February 2014 - Page 4 Xc0g
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: February 2014   February 2014 - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 1:46 am

ARK/Donnie, Harry saw your pics and he said better him than me! Guess he likes Texas

I swear the dogs wait until we turn out the lights for going to bed and they start barking immediately, its like they are all saying goodnight....and then they quiet down for the night.. Funny critters.

I brushed the pally app mare, combed her tail and mane out with the help of a lil WD40, the wind sure does a number on their manes and tails. I never put a halter on her, she just stood there enjoying it all...spoiled horse! Then I went two steps over to do Rocky who was patiently waiting his turn, and she came over and forced her head under my arm wanting more brushing! But Rocky showed his nice teeth at her like a dog he did, and she moved over two steps! I swear that horse was growling in his own way and showing his teeth. They both got a super good grooming today and I got a slight pinkness to my arms....I was in a sleeveless shirt and altho I'm enjoying the weather I worry we aren't getting enuf rain to keep our hay prices down...ouch.

The puppies are 4 weeks old tomorrow, and they started eating on their own today. Puppy formula milk with some lamb and rice puppy food mixed in. They cleaned it up and were looking for more....tomorrow they will get fed 2 times....each day a tiny bit thicker for a week and then I start softening up puppy chow with their milk and a bit of the canned....and the next week they will be on puppy chow...the next week I hope they will be in their new homes. Depending on how they are eating and doing they can go to their new homes at 7 and half weeks, and if not so good they wait until 8 weeks. The grand daughters will be here this weekend and next weekend, so the pups will get well kidolized! They are well socialized, with first shot, wormed, and stools checked, dewclaws removed ready to go lil puppies, and very cute to boot! I have a lil female and male pup that are marked very well, and they will be small in size and could very well be shown. The other two males have a bit of white on them and couldn't be shown but very good pet quality. This is all probably boring stuff....but just telling about my life at puppietailes kennel . I live a very excitin' life! LOL
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: February 2014   February 2014 - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 7:56 am

Happy Valentine's Day..

Well guys, we are still alive and have power this morning. The entire state of PA was hammered, it even went all the way to Pittsburgh and they weren't expecting anything. We probably have about 12", it stopped around 5 PM, then fired back up around 9 and we got about 4 more inches.

The deer were in my driveway this morning at 5 AM, looking for something to eat. Ace didn't even notice them, he was so busy trying to find a place to poop where his butt wasn't dragging in the snow LOL

We didn't do any snow removal yesterday, now that it has finally stopped, we will get the snow blower out and make some paths. More snow expected on Saturday. Oh YIPPEEEEE..But next week. 50 to 60 degrees. Can't wait for that and the flooding that comes along with the snow pack melting at record breaking speed. So glad none of our kids live by the river any longer.

Our old crazy neighbor got his car stuck in the driveway in the middle of the storm. George had to go out and help him get the car dug out. Was he ever ticked, he had NO plans to go out in the storm, but couldn't let the old guy have a heart attack and die in front of him. What on earth was he doing out driving around in the storm? He told George he was bored and driving in the snow was FUN...Good grief.

Stay safe everyone.

Love & prayers for all.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: February 2014   February 2014 - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 9:34 am

TRUDY, tell George we elect him as best neighbor of the year…………..

CB, we love hearing about your puppies…………I love baby animals.

ARK, Arab Sport Horse is increasingly popular every year………………it's not expensive, anyone can do it, one saddle, 1 pr of boots, 1 pr white pants, 1 jacket and and 1 helmet………….and center stage for 7-8 minutes.  Look into it.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: February 2014   February 2014 - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 2:40 pm

Happy Valentines Day everyone!

Ellen here's one of the almost finished chairs……………..I got this set at a garage sale a LONG time ago but really like it….ha, it was falling apart so nothing ventured, nothing gained.
February 2014 - Page 4 408777343

It's really stiff on the old fingers putting it on the frame.  LOL  BUT, all in God's good time I will be done (there are 6 chairs) so it might be 4th of July!

ARK, DONNIE and your horses are having WAY too much fun……………..
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: February 2014   February 2014 - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 2:47 pm

That looks like it's going to be really comfortable when you're finished. I was expecting it to be the woven webbing, but this is MUCH BETTER than that.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: February 2014   February 2014 - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 2:52 pm

ELLEN, they are very comfortable
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: February 2014   February 2014 - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 5:07 pm

Trudy, saw on the news the bad wreck on the PA turnpike, have you heard of any updates on it? It looked bad and they said between 50-100 vehcles in it,....we saw cars under tractor/trailers...not good.
Tell your pooch, to get over it already and go! LOL Animals are so funny. My lil short.stuff doxie who is blind, is so darn funny....she will go and beg sit up like a prairie dog at the steps to the bathroom, she gets all turned around and we will be behind her....yesterday she went outside with me and she ran into Harrys' anvil laying on the ground, she must have hit it pretty hard, cuz she just collapsed on the ground with her short stubby legs out to the side...poor baby.....I called to her and she got up and tried to run to me and she tripped over the bulldog laying in the sun, and went flying up on him...he never blinked an eye! I couldn't take it, I had to go pick her up and put her on the porch where she knew where she was at and then she lay in the sun enjoying the sunshine.

Well, I'm home on poopy watch, and had hubby go grocery shopping, I made a iist for him! Sassy is getting very close to spittin some puppies out....she is miserable, laying on her back and moaning....poor baby. This is her first litter, she is almost 3 now.

Stay safe and warm....spring is lil over a month....we can make it....easy for me to say its in the 70's today, 80's this weekend....I like! I like.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: February 2014   February 2014 - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 7:56 pm

Rick, I remember you saying that you thought Miss Carol would enjoy the carving show in Charlotte. Here is the link to the show for this year, dates, times, etc. http://charlottewoodcarvers.com/
I'm not riding along this year, since I spent winter vacation money on a computer.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: February 2014   February 2014 - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 11:28 pm

CB, is your moon full and gorgeous over there?  Ours is spectacular!

No, Faith isn't ready to foal…but horses are tricky…….LOL
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: February 2014   February 2014 - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 12:23 am

February 2014 - Page 4 408780549
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: February 2014   February 2014 - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 12:28 am

I forgot…….this was/is tonight……………………..she's getting there, no big signs yet.
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: February 2014   February 2014 - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 12:00 pm

AUUUGGHHHHH more stupid snow this morning. 1 to 5 inches today. Where is that stupid groundhog? I swear I will tear him limb from limb with my bare hands, cook him, & feed to the barn cats. LOL

GARYMARE: George is giving up his best neighbor award. He said if that old fool comes down the hill today and ends up in another snow bank, he can just stay there until the spring thaw arrives. Enough is enough.. Twisted Evil 

CB: Yes, that was a very bad wreck on the Turnpike. It has been on the news here too. Another morning of Ace not being able to find his perfect spot. What is so hard? Any other day, he has no problem but the snow is messing with his sniffer I guess. Can't locate that special spot. He was down over the hill 3 times this morning. Gives me a heart attack.

Stay safe everyone in the path of this crazy winter weather. We are staying inside as much as possible.

It's a winter wonderland...
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: February 2014   February 2014 - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 1:10 pm

Graymare, she looks FANTASTIC! The time has to be getting close now.

It looks like our weather is slowly improving. I wouldn't go so far as to say it's good, but better. I've been feeding the squirrels since their natural food is buried so deep under the snow. Yesterday, I bought them a mixture of corn, sunflower seeds, and peanuts. The one I think is the mama squirrel found it and chowed down. She even chased off another squirrel that thought he'd like some too. They are entertaining to watch.

Let's see.... I wonder if Cooks.com has any recipes for groundhog.  ROFL 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: February 2014   February 2014 - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

February 2014
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next