Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

March 2014

Go down 
+7
sunny 57
Indyapp
Manygatess
cb
Ellen E
Graymare
Ark
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Ellen E

March 2014 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: March 2014   March 2014 - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 7:53 pm

ROFL ROFL ROFL 
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: March 2014   March 2014 - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 10:11 pm

LOL, out of the mouth of Babes! Does anyone remember the Art Linkletter tv show....he had all those kids on there and the hilarious things they use to say! LOL....

Quiet here .....had a doc apt yesterday and doctor talked to me about going on insulin...blah blah blah....we will see where I'm at the end of May with this....bah humbug!

Hubby is talking to his sister who just got out of the hospital, she isn't doing good....sigh....getting old really sucks.

weather is doing better, warmer at night...too. I like that.
Hope everyone has some nice weather, but I don't want it to melt too fast and cause flooding for folks.

Sweet Dreams Y"all!
Back to top Go down
sunny 57

sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: March 2014   March 2014 - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 9:24 am

Well it is quiet here cloudy and cool, I hate insurance companies,car insurance, my company I had canceled me without a warning except for the fact that they did not take out my premium so I called and they said that I did not renew my policy so I had to scramble to find another company if I had waited one more day I would have had to pay a whole lot more due to letting my coverage lapse, I had no clue they were dropping me I had called earlier and sent them my information by fax they claimed they never got it even though I got conformation of delivery the state insurance commissioner has filed a complaint with the insurance co. but they don't think they can help but they are trying so that is something I ended up going with AA A they got me a policy with Travelers insurance with better coverage for close to the same amount so even if they get the cancellation reversed I am going to stick with Travelers florida really is bad about car insurance they are one of the highest rates in the United states
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: March 2014   March 2014 - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 12:31 pm

CB, sorry your SIL is having health issues………..

SUNNY, glad you got some insurance and hope the state goes after the other company.

No baby yet……..silly mare can't read the calendar…………….LOL…...She's fine and happy.
Back to top Go down
Carol W

Carol W

PostSubject: Re: March 2014   March 2014 - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 5:34 pm

Silly mare knows she is in the drivers seat!!!! LOLOL just munching and smiling. lolol She will surprise us soon with a beauty of a baby ......... and, she will say ...... gimme some more oats now..... hahahahaha
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: March 2014   March 2014 - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 7:13 pm

hey, Carol, nice to see ya posting....I hope you have just been busy and not sick....has your weather been nice? Ours is like a bouncing ball, but at least it doesn't stay cold for long.

Graymare, or any of you nurse folks, have you ever heard of achalasia, I think I spelled it right. Finally I get an answer to my problems....but alas not much to do about it...more diet than anything. But at least its just not "in my head" anymore....and I owe it to watching a DOCTORS episode on tv, and then talking to my gasentro ologist......how about that. Its gonna be rough...I can eat most everything, but it will have to be blended or food chopped with moisture like broth or ricotta cheese....this is gonna put a crimp in the lifestyle...I will have to use a crank food chopper as we won't have power out in the boonies and hope that will be good enuf. I've had 5 endoscopies, 2 colonoscopies trying to figure it out.
ACCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK! and it took watching a show on tv!

Basically it is the spincter to the stomach isn't relaxed enough for the food to go thru to the stomach, so it stays in my esophagus and it balloons out around the food....when I take meds to relax me it will open and allow it thru, unless I"ve already been sick trying to get it to come up becuz it hurts so bad....this may be a tad graphic...but this has been going on for many years now...they thought it was becuz of my ulcer, but even after it healed, it was happening. I am happy to know. I've already had the loop of stomach around the esophagus...so now its just going to be diet...and meds to keep relaxed....wow...a tv show....I told the doc, REEEAAALLY? He is spose to be smarter than that! Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: March 2014   March 2014 - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 7:35 pm

Snitched from a Facebook posting by our very own NANCY LEE;March 2014 - Page 2 1964810_782771585083685_1263900218_n
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: March 2014   March 2014 - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 10:48 am

CB, I've not heard of that diagnosis, but have a friend w those symptoms……….she had an out 
patient procedure that "stretched" the bottom of her esophagus that relieved a lot of her symptoms.  It sounds painful, upsetting, and disturbing to getting good nutrition.  I sure hope your doc gets you on a good regimen so that you can feel well and enjoy yourself.

LOL, no baby.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: March 2014   March 2014 - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 12:10 pm

CB, I also know a woman who has had her esophagus stretched twice, so far. She eats very normally.
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: March 2014   March 2014 - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 7:46 pm

OK...I'll admit to also snitching this from Nancy Lee's FB posting Laughing Laughing Laughing March 2014 - Page 2 10092_279929265462801_1049962946_n
Back to top Go down
Ol'Man

Ol'Man

PostSubject: Re: March 2014   March 2014 - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 10:28 pm

I got it up on my Merck's manual pp 747.

Have a policeman friend has or had it and seems
to be doing fine. "there is hope in tem there hills"

Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: March 2014   March 2014 - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 1:22 pm

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: March 2014   March 2014 - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 3:47 pm

I'm not in Canada, but that is sure the truth!!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL 
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: March 2014   March 2014 - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 1:07 am

Sounds kinda FOOPish to me...

March 2014 - Page 2 29-securedownloadCAVEQQIX
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: March 2014   March 2014 - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 1:23 am

I loved the snowbird song!  I have delusions of being a snowbird someday.....Can I take all my animals?

RICK:
 My horses are asking the same question about hay!

CB:
 I hope they can fix you up quick and painlessly.  I never heard of stretching the esophagus, but if it works, I think I would do it.  

I had another great ride with Ivan today.  We rode with Jane and her gelding, Albert, on the New River Trail.  This time we did 10 miles in about 2 hours, so not bad considering the 8 bridges we dismounted and walked across and then messing around at the river for a little while at the turn around point.  Ivan was much more nervous with Albert than he was with Areion and sweated and shivered with nerves on occasion.  He was really trying hard to be good, never took a wrong step, but was working to control his nerves.   I guess it has to come out somewhere, and shivering and sweating seems to be how he expressed his nervousness.  He stood while I mounted after each bridge, trotted the speed I wanted, and even cantered and stopped when I asked.  He was very alert, but totally controllable and never spooked at the people, bikes or leashed dogs.  Albert, who is somewhat of a lazy goofball, never got nervous.  He would reach over to threaten to  nip at Ivan's rear end and Ivan would threaten to kick him, but neither horse carried thru with their threats and behaved themselves.  Ivan would prefer to trot or canter the entire time, Albert had to be encouraged to move out on occasion.  I don't know how Jane the endurance rider got a laid back horse and I got an energizer bunny!  We should probably swap  Laughing .  Fun day, 64 degrees and sunny!

March 2014 - Page 2 5gik Jane in black.
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: March 2014   March 2014 - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 2:41 am

Love your helmet! glad someone is riding! Honestly, I havn't been top
pside since Jessi got hurt, I'm a nervous willy....I don't know if I'm going to get back up or not....just do not know....sigh....

It's kind of cold here today and tonight, cold front and then it will warm back up, I really think this winter was a colder one than last winter was. Brrrrr....

But I'll take it over Idaho winters any day!

I see my primary doc on Fridays to get a regerral to endocrinologist....gotz to go thru their hoops and loops for the insurance to pay for it.

Sweet Dreams Y'all. Ol Man, good to see you posting too! Miss it when you don't!

Don't forget to turn the clocks ahead, spring is close! yay!
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: March 2014   March 2014 - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 10:52 am

Ark, it looks like you had a good time yesterday. Just having a temperature of 64 would have been a treat for me.

Yep. Forgot to change the clocks last night. Couldn't believe I slept so late when I woke up this morning. When I figured out what I didn't do with the clocks, I realized I got up about the same time as always.

Neighbors wanted to go to a get-together with some friends without kids, (first time since baby was born mid-December) so I went over to stay with the little ones. Little Miss Scarlett is VERY VERBAL now. If she's awake, she talking, and now that I can understand most of what she says, I have to listen. She's also a bit jealous of baby sister. At one point, I was holding both of them. Mommy and Daddy had a good time at their party too.
Back to top Go down
Ol'Man

Ol'Man

PostSubject: Re: March 2014   March 2014 - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 7:44 pm

Very Happy 

Last night was a corker--.   Girls basketball state champions---

Yeah- 10 miles north of us they won the state.   Key was teamwork and both teams were just super coached.

Ellen===any coments about Indiana high school bucketball Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Razz Razz 

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: March 2014   March 2014 - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 10:14 pm

In small town Indiana in the 50s and 60s, high school basketball was the most important part of high school, and the communities associated with the schools. EVERYBODY went to the games, whether they had kids in school or not. County tourney time was the biggest event of the whole school year. We had pep rallies before the games - during school hours. (Not allowed anymore) Unless we were seniors and wore the traditional senior cords, we wore school colors for the 'block'. Since most of our schools were small, it wasn't just for the high school kids; every kid in school starting with first graders were included.
Our little bitty school barely had enough boys to make a team, and we harbored a rather deep resentment of Richmond High School because they always had the best team, being able to pick a team from several hundred boys and won the tourney every year.
The next levels of the tourney were always on everybody's radios right through to the State Championships. The movie Hoosiers was about a relatively small school that had an unusually good team that managed to defeat all comers and won state.
So yes, Ol' Man, Indiana high school basketball used to be a really big deal.
Back to top Go down
Beech

Beech

PostSubject: Re: March 2014   March 2014 - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 3:28 am

ELLEN and OLMAN - High school basketball is still big in these parts, too, because Maine's PBS channel elbows national news aside to cover year-end tournaments at this time of year. I found myself watching the other day with great nostalgia for the time I was a high school senior. We had just moved from Boston to southern Maine, and, far from being a painful experience, that represented a HUGE liberation for me: I went from a dirty, old, six-year, inner-city, all-girl school where the competition was fierce and all the emphasis was on old-fashioned academics, to a place where the pressure was off, there were BOYS, and (almost just as good), basketball. I didn't know the rules (and still don't) but remember all that cheering and yelling and jumping up and down in the bleachers, and all the fun we had afterward. Looking back, I don't know how I made that transition so easily, but I know I must have, because all the memories are good, and basketball was a big, big part of them. Great times! Thanks !

ARK, were your ears burning last Tuesday? When my farrier came for a trim, we talked, of course, about the weather, and I spoke of your river ride in the Place Without Snow. And we ended up chinning for a while amid all the high piles of snow in front of the barn, and that included my telling her about Areion's unique gestation. What a story!

GRAYMARE, I loved that Canadian video about the snow, and was so taken with the performers that I looked at two more videos by them, one that's hysterically funny called Polka Dot Panties (or maybe it's Undies?). Anybody else see that, too?

On that subject of esophagus stretching: I've also had it done twice. I don't recall anybody's saying that the constriction was at the bottom of the esophagus, though; I've always thought it was partway down --though I could be wrong. CB,I hope your procedure goes as well as both of mine. No pain, no after effects, problem solved -- so far, anyway. I find I can eat anything, but do have to be careful about wolfing food down, and especially not following it up with ice water.

We still have close to two feet of snow everywhere in the woods here, and piles and piles at roadsides. Deciding to make something good of it all, this week I've taken to snowshoeing. I head out my back door, into the woods, and up the flank of a long ridge. Each time I've gone out I've gone a bit farther, and today I reached the steepest part of the ridge. Don't quite dare tackle that alone -- not yet, anyway, though I may try soon, because the view from the top is spectacular. I'm hoping the bears are still sleeping. More snow forecast this week! But today, with the sun high, really felt like spring...
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: March 2014   March 2014 - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 5:23 pm

ELLEN:
 Did you have a good time babysitting?  

OL'MAN:
 I went to junior and senior high school in Muncie, except for my last year in high school.  I do remember the basketball frenzy!  It was really fierce when my high school, Muncie Southside, played Muncie Central.  The town would be in an uproar!

BEECH:
 I was wondering why my ears felt funny last Tuesday  Laughing .  How is your horse feeling these days?

To make you feel a bit better, we aren't exactly the state with no snow.  Very Happy  We got 2 inches last Friday, that melted off mostly by my ride on Saturday afternoon.  It is weird weather season here.  Tomorrow they forecast 70 degrees and Thursday we will have a high of 32 degrees.  My horses don't know whether to shed or hang onto their hair.   Rolling Eyes   

I found a little patch of snow left in front of the house this afternoon, left over from our 14 inches in February.  I have labeled it the "Last Snow of the Year 2014" and hope it is the truth!

March 2014 - Page 2 Gbkr  Those cats are Spooky and Spookette, the mini-panthers.

Because of the rain and cold coming Wednesday and Thursday, Lori is coming tomorrow for our lesson.  We may take Areion and Ivan back to the New River Trail.  Ivan will like being with Areion much better than with Albert.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: March 2014   March 2014 - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 7:24 pm

Ark, I enjoy staying with the girls. Scarlett does have to be watched because she wants to "help" with the baby a little too much sometimes. The baby is still really easy. Feed, change, sleep. Repeat. Scarlett is always excited to see me and is sweet and affectionate. Like any two-year old, she is very very busy. Since I've been around her since she was 3 months old, I sort of know how to get her to do what I want without an argument - most of the time.

I grew up about 25 miles from Muncie, so I well remember those Muncie basketball games. It's in a different neighboring county, but close enough for us to pay attention to.

It's so neat that you and Lori can take the horses out for lessons and training. That will stand you in good stead with both horses.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: March 2014   March 2014 - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 11:28 pm

Its good to hear about the stretching of the esophagus...I'm hoping it will work....its been too long going on.

Well, I had a lady come look at the puppies on Sunday, and when she got here, she got out and ran to the appy mare, and told her husband she wanted her instead! Sold the mare.......but I also sold two of my puppies also. Good day.

Today I am going thru my clothes, cleaning more closets out....there is limited amount of room for clothes when you live in a caper....

Weather has been great, but spose to have a cool down to in the 50's coing up and real windy tomorrow....oh well, its spring and screwy weather! It will get better RIGHT? LOL

Sweet Dreams y'all.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: March 2014   March 2014 - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 9:06 am

CB:

Congrats on the sale of your pups and mare...AND:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

:dance: :dance:
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: March 2014   March 2014 - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 9:14 am

Hey, who knew?  HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CB!!  Hoping you feel great for your special day.

Also, big congrats on your puppy and mare sales………………….
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: March 2014   March 2014 - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 9:51 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CB!!!

Like Graymare said, congratulations on selling the horse and puppies.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: March 2014   March 2014 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

March 2014
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next