Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

April 2014

Go down 
+8
Ann/Sam
Carol W
sunny 57
Manygatess
cb
Ellen E
Graymare
Ark
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Carol W

April  2014 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: April 2014   April  2014 - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 04, 2014 11:07 pm

It isn't my birthday, but thanks aanyway............
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: April 2014   April  2014 - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 04, 2014 11:37 pm

affraid  affraid  affraid  affraid CAROL, oops.  LOL, We must have needed a birthday today.  I'm the worst at birthdays so I always just chime right in………..today can be funny birthday day for all of us.
Goody, get out the fudge and eat some.

ANN, gosh, how fun to have you join us……….I clearly remember you and have wondered from time to time how you are……..but, like you, I write here on the boards but that's about it.  I'm not on Facebook or Hashtag or Twitter or whatever they are……………I just assume most have left for Facebook.  It's wonderful you're here and hopefully you will check in often.

ARK, bathing horse mud is never ending………With the confidence I built in Eli today, he will
be ready for a bath in June of 2015…………..LOL.

Everyone have a good evening…..God bless.
Back to top Go down
Ann/Sam

Ann/Sam

PostSubject: Re: April 2014   April  2014 - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 05, 2014 12:04 am

Thanks Ark and Graymare for the nice welcome and thanks to Ark again for bringing me over to the right place. cat 
I don't want to start out by boring everybody with my ailments. Just been going through a string of stuff the most recent and of longest term was another impinged nerve in my back -- not the sciatic which was supposedly fixed with a bunch of titanium a year and a half ago. Looks like I may have to stay of a fair amount of meds, but I am up and walking and pretty comfortable, though still doing therapy. Not fun, but I am grateful it isn't something life threatening.
Yes, there are quite a bunch of us on Facebook, and the format is easy, but I will definately try to stay in touch here, too ;-) Good night  Sleep 
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: April 2014   April  2014 - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 05, 2014 9:03 am

Ann/Sam, it's so good to see you here. Welcome home. Tell us what's been going on with you.  Smile 
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: April 2014   April  2014 - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 05, 2014 9:10 pm

weeelllllllllllllllllllllllll Ann, its about dang time! LOL I sure have missed your posts a lot....and I knew something was going on on facebook with you, but not sure what it was....I'm glad you are feeling better! and I'm glad you are home with the gang!

Carol, just enjoy the fudge! just think you get to eat it twice this year without ANY calories!

I got a new tablet today, but I may be off line for a few days while I try to figure it out, I can use this one until they take it off my account, which they should have already done today, wish me luck that I don't commit hari kari trying to get the new one set up....ugh, y'all know I hate new things that are way smarter than I am.

good luck on the ride ARK if I don't get back here...have fun!

stay safe y'all....I shall be back....
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: April 2014   April  2014 - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 10:38 am

Hi all…………still sunny and nice here but our heat will be here within the month…..bad heat not until end of July…..the dry low humidity heat is fine…………..monsoon season higher humidity is plumb bloody horrible, same as everywhere else.

CB, enjoy your new tablet, see you soon.

No news, Eli is having more fun daily.  I love observing his incredible strength and agility.

I'm glad for those in ending winter going into spring country to finally see the end in sight.

Everyone have a good day….God bless.
Back to top Go down
sunny 57

sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: April 2014   April  2014 - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 1:22 pm

Good Sunday morning all, getting hot already this morning, even my wiener dog wants to stay inside, we are supposed to get a break in the heat Wednesday along with some rain so not to bad yet, the gas prices are conning down some so that is a good thing also, nothing else going on down here in the sunshine state
Everyone have a great day
Back to top Go down
Ol'Man

Ol'Man

PostSubject: Re: April 2014   April  2014 - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 8:43 pm

affraid 

Ben off for a long time---. Soon as catch up will try to join the crowd again. Razz Razz Razz 
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: April 2014   April  2014 - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 11:29 pm

About an hour ago…………feeding time……………

April  2014 - Page 2 409171609
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: April 2014   April  2014 - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 07, 2014 12:06 am

Happy, Happy, Happy Birthday, BEECH!! :dance: :dance:   I hope you came out of the snow and had a wonderful day today!  Apple pies?  Chocolate cake?  What kind of calorie free goodies did you have?

And how do I know it is BEECH's birthday?  (Which we obviously didn't get CAROL's right Laughing )  I know it is BEECH's birthday because it is also Areion's 5th birthday!  Can you believe it has been 5 years already?   Six if you count the waiting time for Speck to arrive....She's a big girl now.

April  2014 - Page 2 J88q
Areion 4 days old.

Speaking of big babies....WOW!   cheers Eli has really grown!  Look at those QH buns on that baby!  He is so pretty.  He looks like he has places to go and people to see in that photo, very determined looking guy! Laughing  Thanks for posting the photo, GRAYMARE!  I love baby pix.... Very Happy 

Donnie is finally feeling better.  He has had a miserable cold since early last week and actually stayed home to recover for once.  Today he was outside working on fixing our horse trailer's tack door.  The trailer is now 17 years old (Yikes, how did that happen so fast?), and has got some places that need repair. Basically it is in pretty good shape for as old as it is.  The door is off and we have to take Kazi to Va Tech tomorrow afternoon, so it will be going in style with plastic held with duct tape over the space where the tack door should be.   Rolling Eyes   Anyway, he hopes to have the door back on by Thursday.

Lori has decided to take her mustang, Tonto, to the endurance ride.  Not to do the official ride, but to just camp out with him and help us out as ground crew.  So Ivan will have a traveling companion, which will make it nicer for him.  He hates trailering alone.  

My neighbor kids have been here to get briefed on horse and cat care here.  They should do a fine job, so I can have a better trip without worrying over what is going on here.   cheers   

CB:
 Get fixed up soon!  Hurry back!!

RICK:
Is the roof done yet? It is supposed to rain tomorrow......Are you still hearing hammering in your head?

OL'MAN:
 What's going on in southern Indiana these days?  How is Virginia?

SUNNY:
 I don't think I know about your dog.  What is his name?  How old is he?  How did I not know this ???  Laughing 

ANN/Sam:
 Glad to see you are successfully posting! wavy   How old are your horses?  What kind of riding did you do with them?  Nosy me..... Embarassed 

Donnie has kept me awake coughing for several days, so I am off to la-la land... Sleep
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: April 2014   April  2014 - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 07, 2014 1:54 am

ARK...the roof job was done in one day plus a couple hours the next day. There was an 8 man crew that worked last SUNDAY and a 5 man crew on MONDAY. It WAS noisy in the house on Sunday...lol. They did a real good job and we are pleased with the looks. Just hate the cost, but it had to be done.

I'm going to be out of town all week doing some tractor / chainsaw / landscape work around my brother's place up near Asheville NC in the mountains. Brother Don had a stroke back early OCTOBER and doubt seriously that he'll ever go home again. Fortunately he has been blessed with good care.

I don't know if there is wireless internet in the house, but I'm taking my computer in case there is.

Love to all,

Rick
Back to top Go down
sunny 57

sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: April 2014   April  2014 - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 07, 2014 2:57 am

Ark, I mentioned her once or twice, her name is Annabelle Lee , I just call her Annie, she was born here the
last pup of 4 that my other dachshund Heidi,had 7 years ago, Clara ended up with Heidi when Annie was 2,
When Kent and I went to Sheep Springs 5 years ago, she got to aggressive to stay here in the place I live so I gave her to Clara to breed to her male, after her litter she was spayed and Clara got her a great home
now I only have Annie, she is my shadow, my constant companion, she is spoiled rotten, but she is a good dog I would post a picture of her except she is very camera shy,the second she sees a camera she hides, I have no idea why,
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: April 2014   April  2014 - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 07, 2014 9:15 am

Graymare, he is a beautiful colt.  Sure looks like he'll have what it takes to work cows.

Happy Birthday, Beech!
Back to top Go down
Beech

Beech

PostSubject: Re: April 2014   April  2014 - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 07, 2014 7:01 pm

Thank you, ARK! And thank you for that neat little gift that arrived, safe and sound, in the mail this morning! That was very kind and thoughtful - and clever - of you.  wavy 

I surely can't begin to believe that Areion's 5! Or that I'm ... well, best unsaid. Celebrated with three friends on Saturday by going out to eat, but took sick with chills and fever that night, so spent the day itself huddled by the fire under shawls watching the so-far-lackluster Red Sox. Better today (me, that is),though still kinda yucky.  pale 

CB, I am more than with you on the frustration with computer-tech front. Mercy, but I have been going nuts. New Internet service installed last Wednesday, old e-mail sevice canceled on Thursday, went to set up new e-mail account by myself on Friday but was completely flummoxed. I'll wait til Monday, I thought, and breeze through with expert phone help. Ha! The tech who ran me through the procedure today obliterated all my e-mail files, including addresses. Good news: my computer gurus can restore them. Bad news: It's a 100-mile round trip to the gurus.  rake 

I was sorry to learn of Ninja's death. Thank you, Ellen, for keeping us in touch. That connection goes back a long way, now.

ARK, I'm glad Donnie has gotten over his willies! It looks like you are right on schedule for the big weekend. I can't wait!  bouncy  bouncy  bouncy 

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: April 2014   April  2014 - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 07, 2014 7:38 pm

Beech, I got an e-mail from you that I think was intended to go to somebody else. Does your new address start with newfieldme......? If that is the correct new address, I'll add it to my contact list.

Back to top Go down
sunny 57

sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: April 2014   April  2014 - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 07, 2014 7:54 pm

:dance:  happy birthday Beech, hope it was a good one you are not getting older but getting better
Grey mare, that Eli is going to be one well put together and stocky boy and beautiful, that was a great choice of a dad, didn't you say he is foundation stock
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: April 2014   April  2014 - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 9:37 am

BEECH………..HAPPY BIRTHDAY LATE!  Glad you're feeling well again.  Soon, you'll get some scooter weather.

SUNNY, yes, Dad is foundation stock blood and big………

ARK, are you packed up yet?

From here on the news, the weather map looks like spring is in gear now for those in cold weather zones……………….which means, CB and I are headed into some serious heat.

Everyone have a good day.  God bless.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: April 2014   April  2014 - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 4:53 pm

Very Happy  The refrigerator is clean! That's my big news for the day.  lol! 
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: April 2014   April  2014 - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 7:19 pm

Woohoo......I finished cleaning out old junk at the end of the barn..................Oh gosh, great feeling...............my fridge is clean right now...............my freezer needs sorting...............
maybe next week.........
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: April 2014   April  2014 - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 9:03 pm

You notice I didn't mention anything about the freezer.  Very Happy  That isn't done yet. Next week. Maybe.
Back to top Go down
Beech

Beech

PostSubject: Re: April 2014   April  2014 - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 12:01 am

"Clean?" What's that??? No No No 

Ellen, that e-mail was meant for you. But you and all the others I bcc'd got a change of address notice without the new address because I jumped the gun and sent it out before the old one had been canceled. So lots of people are scratching their heads at getting a message with no message -- and now I can't send out an explanation until my address list is restored. I can receive mail, though, I think, and the new address is the same as the old except for @metrocast.net.

Worried that my own willies might be the result of a tooth infection, I saw the dentist today and learned that I need to have not one but two extractions!! Make that two more extractions, because I'm already down quite a few. Got partial plates, top and bottom, last July, and the new losses mean that the plates will soon be in the same category as Windows XP.  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Will make the extraction appointment tomorrow, then tackle the computer mess.

Our snows are shrinking fast now, though I still have a pasture and riding ring that are full. Maybe some pics tomorrow.

Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: April 2014   April  2014 - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 1:27 am

Happy birthday beech! on cell. waiting for keyboard for tablet will be back...
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: April 2014   April  2014 - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 9:05 am

Beech, check your private message. I sent you my e-mail address. When I went to look for your e-mail address in my contact list, I realized that I'd lost it the last time my old computer crashed. I sure know how long it takes to rebuild the contact list. I just hoped that everybody I wanted to contact would send me e-mails so I could get them back.
I'm sorry to hear about your teeth, and hope the process isn't too painful.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: April 2014   April  2014 - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 10:21 am

Oh BEECH, gads……………. affraid     affraid     affraid  Sure hoping your tooth pulling day is the best it can be.  
A computer kerfluff is just a pain in the patoot so sure praying your dental health is all settled without too much pain.

Yest was halter day for Eli……ha, he wasn't having any of it but, in time and a soft rope I got him all organized……....Pretty funny.  He was SO mad, LOL.  Anyhow, got him haltered and then went in and had late breakfast…….I came back out and had new kid on the block.  Then I put the lead rope on & sort of tied him……….put his lead rope up & over the high rail and stood with his mama…..He did great with that so that was the end…….I asked him to move his front leg, each individually, one-two steps and that was it………………that part of his "training" session was approximately 5 min.  I'll do a repeat in a couple of hrs today and each morning for a couple more days.  I do have a pic……I have to get it to pic trail so I can get it here………….
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: April 2014   April  2014 - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 10:32 am

April  2014 - Page 2 409188732
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: April 2014   April  2014 - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 11:47 am

Trudy, are you close to Murrysville?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: April 2014   April  2014 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

April 2014
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next