Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

DECEMBER 2014

Go down 
+7
Ark
Ellen E
Graymare
cb
Indyapp
Beech
Carol W
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Ellen E

DECEMBER 2014 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DECEMBER 2014   DECEMBER 2014 - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 12:27 pm

Sorry, Indy. It didn't work. Try posting with Picture Trail.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: DECEMBER 2014   DECEMBER 2014 - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 1:09 pm

Oh boy……………a big salute!!!

http://biggeekdad.com/2014/12/concert-smithsonian/
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: DECEMBER 2014   DECEMBER 2014 - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 9:55 pm

WOW!!!! I would have loved to be one of the lucky people who happened to be visiting that day! That was spectacular!
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: DECEMBER 2014   DECEMBER 2014 - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 11:47 pm

Well now that was great! I was beginning to wonder who wasn't in the orchestra after awhile, it just kept getting bigger. We had the first song at our wedding, although only on an organ Laughing . Thanks, GRAYMARE!

INDDYAPP,
I think you have to friend us before we can see your Facebook post....or perhaps open it up to public viewing. Sooooo, what did you post?

ELLEN
Got that tree finished? Every year they come out with new lights that are hard to resist. Last year I got Sugarplum lights for the tree. This year I got battery powered LED lights and decorated the back of Ivan's saddle and my helmet. Too cute!

SUNNY
I sent CB a new password. Have you heard from her?

So what does everyone want for Christmas? Besides world peace, good health and prosperity for all....of course.... santa
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: DECEMBER 2014   DECEMBER 2014 - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2014 12:32 am

Yep. The tree is done. Well, maybe. I was sitting here looking at it and seeing some holes, so maybe I'll add the small poinsettias in the holes.

I guess I've reached the true geezer stage where I don't have anything in mind that I want for Christmas. My cousins have been very good to me in the past and gotten things that were a complete and welcome surprise - like the turkey fryer last year. Love that thing.
I guess winning the lottery would be a nice present, but I think you have to buy a ticket for that to happen. hysterical
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: DECEMBER 2014   DECEMBER 2014 - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2014 1:35 am

I feel this way about my friends here. Thanks to NancyLee for posting this "thought" on Facebook ... I borrowed it to bring here!!

DECEMBER 2014 - Page 3 1653332_802942613053995_1301667296_n
Back to top Go down
Beech

Beech

PostSubject: Re: DECEMBER 2014   DECEMBER 2014 - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2014 9:13 am

Rick, I do, I do!  And I keep meaning to thank you for all the laughs!!  ClappingHands ClappingHands  I especially loved that Jean Robertson piece about Left Brain's grocery shopping. I'd seen it ages ago, but it still makes me laugh, and I'm still laughing after reviewing it every time I think of another person to send it to.

And thanks, too, to Graymare, for that concert. What a wonderful way to start this day! cheers bouncy
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: DECEMBER 2014   DECEMBER 2014 - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2014 4:38 pm

I had two tied fleece blankets to make and my island isn't really big enough to handle 2 1/2 yards of 60 inch wide fleece, to lay two layers together, cut and tie. So, I started thinking about where I could find a bigger table. Aha. The library! It has some big tables. I contacted one of the women in charge and found that I could go this morning and be there most of the day, if need be. This morning, I took my fleece and spent about 3 hours getting two Christmas presents done.
We have a very nice small town library, housed in a school building that was "decommissioned" as a school several years ago. The building is now a community center that hosts LOTS of activities, along with the library. The women who run the library seriously think about how they can better serve the community, even if it's providing a table to make fleece blankets.
Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

PostSubject: Re: DECEMBER 2014   DECEMBER 2014 - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2014 9:49 pm

DECEMBER 2014 - Page 3 410567784

DECEMBER 2014 - Page 3 410567785

It Worked!!

Finally getting back to trying to post pictures of my trip to DC earlier this month. I got to visit with Smokey the horse Candace and I donated to the United States Park Police. They let me ride him for a few minutes and had my picture taken.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: DECEMBER 2014   DECEMBER 2014 - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2014 10:39 pm

Oh INDY………..that's the BEST!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: DECEMBER 2014   DECEMBER 2014 - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2014 10:45 pm

Indy, that is just wonderful!!! Merry Christmas, for sure!!! I'm so glad you got the pictures posted here.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: DECEMBER 2014   DECEMBER 2014 - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 12:01 am

Indy, wow! so nice to do that! hubby was cleared by cardiologist, yay! now we both have cruddy colds, not so yay.
Landlord decided he doesn't want to sell property now....arghhhh! so we have found a 3 bedroom 2 bath house on ten acres with small pond and pasture for our price range and will be moving once again very shortly....yes we r! mahahahahah! I must be nuts!
Animals are all fine and. loving extra room. my brother is buying a motorhome and moving to our new place and friend chris is moving with us. I'm putting a sign out front "geriactric nudist colony".....

Gs kyle has joined the army....

We r having xmas with brother and friends...and have attended all the auctions we can, tack, horses, farm, livestock. and enjoying being able to do things...

Hope all r healthy, and enjoying the holiday season!

Thanks ark and sunny! ty ty ty!
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: DECEMBER 2014   DECEMBER 2014 - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 1:14 am

Wow, CB! That's a lot of moving in a short time. I hope you can get settled to stay put for a while. Thank you to your grandson for taking on a big responsibility for helping to protect our country.

I hope you'll have better internet at the new place.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: DECEMBER 2014   DECEMBER 2014 - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 8:09 pm

Oh heavens CB……………I pray you get moved in before Christmas so you can really settle for 2015.

The map temperatures make it seem WAY too cold for a nudist group…wait til summer……….
LOL, one minor detail, MOSQUITOES!!

It sounds wonderful that you found another place.  The best part is Harry is doing well.
YAY!!!
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: DECEMBER 2014   DECEMBER 2014 - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 8:26 pm

We close between dec 31 and jan 13 with the holidays....just waiting on the title search and appraiser.

We saw a beautiful buck jumping in front of us ...too close for comfort almost. what a nice rack he had.

Jessi just now started wearing maternity uniforms and clothes, doc says baby looks fine! jessi weighed 6.6 ounces I started wearing maternity in nov and she came jan 22...course I was heavier than she is....she is like 115....

Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: DECEMBER 2014   DECEMBER 2014 - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 5:56 am

And then we gotz snow.....sigh.....

All is well....we r going to hibernate today, and try to get over our colds....

Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: DECEMBER 2014   DECEMBER 2014 - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 7:24 pm

DECEMBER 2014 - Page 3 A176829
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: DECEMBER 2014   DECEMBER 2014 - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 7:32 pm

Oh RICK………LOL, I can hardly believe your creativity……………so, did CAROL clean up the mess?
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: DECEMBER 2014   DECEMBER 2014 - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 12:55 am

Christmas shopping, wrapping, babysitting, some last minute embroidery has kept me busy the last couple of days. The shopping is done. The wrapping will be done after 4 more. One more babysitting session. One more design to embroider. Then some food items to do for Wednesday and I will have it under control. For once there is no stress, no fret.

CB, how are your colds? Better, I hope.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: DECEMBER 2014   DECEMBER 2014 - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 12:06 pm

Late  fall and the Indians on a remote reservation in North Dakota asked their new chief if the coming winter was going to be cold or mild.  Since he was a chief in a modern society,
he had never been taught the old secrets. When he looked at the sky, he couldn't tell what the winter was going to be like.  Nevertheless, to be on the safe side, he told his tribe
that the winter was indeed going to be cold and that the members of the village should collect firewood to be prepared.  But, being a practical leader, after severaldays, he got an idea.
He went to the phone booth, called the National Weather Service and asked,  “Is the coming winter going to be cold?” “It looks like this winter is going to be quite cold”, the
meteorologist at the weather service responded.  So the chief went back to his people and told them to collect even more firewood in order to be prepared.  A week later,
he called the National Weather Service again, “Does it still look like it is going to be a very cold winter?” “Yes”, the man at National Weather Service again replied,
“it's going to be a very cold winter.”  The chief again went back to his people and ordered them to collect every scrap of firewood they could find.
Two weeks later, the chief called the National Weather Service again. “Are you absolutely sure that the winter is going to be very cold?” “Absolutely”, the man replied.
“It's looking more and more like it is going to be one of the coldest winters we've ever seen.”  “How can you be so sure?” the chief asked.
The weatherman replied, “The Indians are collecting a shitload of firewood.”
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: DECEMBER 2014   DECEMBER 2014 - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 1:04 pm

Hahahahaha! !!!!!
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: DECEMBER 2014   DECEMBER 2014 - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 6:21 pm

Harry quacked up! lol

We were eating lunch and saw a b8g van collide with a small car and we heard the crash...everyone walked away uninjured!

Our colds r better after 5 days of antibiotics and cherry flavored whiskey hot toddies....

We went to ft leoanardwood today to get groceries, can't stand wal mart right now...and don't want to catch anything else in the melee....

Weather chilly....but not too bad. snow we got is melting.

Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: DECEMBER 2014   DECEMBER 2014 - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 20, 2014 10:55 am

CB
Pictures of your new colony, please hysterical . I hope this house is the last one you have to move to. Glad you are back here!

INDYAPP
Those are great pix!!! How wonderful they let you ride your former horse! And you look great!! Thanks for posting the photos. I love the one with the Washington Monument behind you. ClappingHands

I have had a busy week. I finally have my Christmas shopping done and all but two small packages shipped. It is snowing like crazy right now, so I hope to get those in the mail today. They cancelled the snow forecast, yet here it is. Rolling Eyes

I had lunch with my dearest friend, M, Tuesday. She has to have radiation treatments for some skin cancers on her face for 5 weeks, 5 days a week. She lives about 75 miles away, but the treatment center is here in this county. So I will be seeing her regularly.

Wednesday Lori came for lessons and immediately locked her keys, and dog, in the car she had borrowed since hers was in the shop. So my lesson time was spent driving her back home to get a spare key. No lesson for me, but Jane the endurance rider came and had a lesson. Her horse, Albert, is doing great. Lori started Albert last year for Jane.

Thursday I went shopping, by myself. I hate shopping alone, it just isn't much fun. Usually I go with M, but she didn't go this year. So I went alone....sniff...

Friday was 'wrap & ship' day. affraid In between all this, I have kept the barn clean and the horses happy.

Annie moved into her group home on Thursday and so far loves it. She has two housemates and a fulltime house caretaker/cook. The house is a newish brick rancher and Annie has the master bedroom with a private bathroom. She is happily decorating it.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: DECEMBER 2014   DECEMBER 2014 - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 20, 2014 1:03 pm

Gads, ARK.  Wed sounds like it was nuts…….sorry you missed your lesson.  Very sorry for your friend M but will be praying for the best outcome!  I LOVE hearing ANNIE is doing well and happy with her new digs.  Great news.

Our mud is now clearing so things will get nice soon, at least til the next go round.  I'm having a ball watching the neighborhood gang as they neigh back & forth.  We have 2 new rider kids on wonderful horses babysitting them along.  Yest I was taking the trash out.  They came down the road laughing not paying one bit of attn to anything.  They got to my driveway and ole psint put his head down to eat grass.  Reins slipped over his head and front leg in reins.  He wouldn't budge for anything.  Girl was trying to get his leg out and he was rock steady.  I walked out and told her to untie the reins……….gads she was cute.  She said "oh duh, thanks Mrs Miller".  She untied the reins and swung up like she had jumped from a trampoline………….oh to be 9 or 10.  Off they went happy as two little pigs at a trough.
Really cute to see kids be kids and good horses doing a job.  It's rare now.  Two sad developments in our society:  no place to be kids, and most don't have money for horses for kids.  So, they get I pads and cell phones……………..fortunately, the kids don't ever know the difference.

Every one have a great day………God bless.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: DECEMBER 2014   DECEMBER 2014 - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 20, 2014 3:18 pm

GRAYMARE
Those kids sound so cute! They are lucky to be able to have horses as children. One reason I like to do parades is because of how much the kids enjoy seeing the horses, and especially the ponies. We always have kids coming up to us at the end of the parade to pet the ponies, and this year ,Ivan. I think Ivan was so shellshocked over the entire parade experience, he let the kids pet him without moving a muscle Laughing . This is the horse that would let no one touch him in his early years. Anyway, kids don't have much chance to interact with horses much these days, but I bet they would if they could.

Your story of the reins problem reminded me of the truck driver several years ago who got his big truck stuck under a railroad bridge after the road had been worked on and raised by a few inches...just enough to wedge the tall truck in tightly. He couldn't figure out how he was going to get it out until someone came along and suggested he let some air out of his tires. That worked. Sometimes you just need to take a breath and look at things a little differently. Very Happy

No more snow and it has melted off. We got those last two packages mailed off! The other day I got a very nice gift from a friend in the mail, a book that I had been lusting after for awhile, but had not gotten it. I love it when things like that happen! wavy What a sweet friend!
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: DECEMBER 2014   DECEMBER 2014 - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 20, 2014 3:33 pm

RICK, HARRY, & DONNIE might kill us but this is REALLY funny:

http://biggeekdad.com/2013/12/the-doghouse/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DECEMBER 2014   DECEMBER 2014 - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

DECEMBER 2014
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next