Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

September 2015

Go down 
+3
Rose
Ellen E
Ark
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Graymare

September 2015 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: September 2015   September 2015 - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 2:40 am

Oh gosh ARK, glad you're fine and horses, too............now you & Lori have a funny memory (and a sore hiney)......."remember the time we..............." Shocked Ivan was prob saying "damn boot" with Aerion saying "you just scared the he ll out of me", "Hey, why are they on the ground?"
Back to top Go down
Rose

Rose

PostSubject: Re: September 2015   September 2015 - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 8:40 am

Oh dear, ARK, thankful you and Lori are okay!  Ivan and Aerion will probably relive the incident too, just not with the sore hiney part! Shocked   SYD, Essie is due to come home sometime around 3-4 Oct or basically as soon as her stall is refurbished here and I manage to get another 5+ acres fenced in at the barn, I need a friend to help with the hot wire and step in poles and I am waiting (not too patiently)for the no account, lazy other boarder to clean knee deep manure out of the stall or move his hay out of the other stall so I can clean and bed it.  I am not physically able to clean that much manure, esp since I pick up stalls daily and strip weekly and don't feel that I should either!  Hope everyone is enjoying their holiday weekend and the last throws of Summer, although it's still HOT here.  I won't venture very far from home today, I'm 10 minutes from the race track and you risk your life getting out on the local roads today.  I am happy that NASCAR brought the Labor Day weekend, Southern 500 race back to Darlington, where it belongs! bom   Guess I's better start my day!
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: September 2015   September 2015 - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 2:50 am

Rose, I think ark is giving me a run for my money! ark, glad its just sore hiney....ya just never know on a horse when you'll be kissin mother earth...and I don't care how well ya ride! I've even seen futurity riders go off, horse goes left, rider was still going right! and many barrel racers...and team sorters, endurance riders, jumpers, how about those nutty cross country courses....oh my...not for me......but the thing I hate is that we can't pick the time or place....kismet does that for us! imagine how tense we would be waiting for THE moment!

Went yard saling yesterday all day long, hubby said, cripes there's one on every corner and dip in the road. but we also have lined up most of our winter hay being delivered next week...which will take us thru until march, by then hubby should be on the mend and we can find a few more loads til first cutting if I don't find it now...which I will try to do.

Today was a kickback day...I made funnel cakes for dessert....my kind of day...

Sweet dreams....ellen and rose, we live near lucas speedway....luckily I can't hear the noise from here, but it sure packs a crowd.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: September 2015   September 2015 - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 11:15 pm

Labor Day is over. The lake is completely silent, and mostly dark. Not as many night/security lights. Over the next couple of months, boats and docks will be pulled out for the winter. Neighbor who works at a marina said they have 14 to pull out this week, and that's just a start.
I don't want to pull mine out until at least the last part of October.
We have maybe 4 or 5 more swimming days before the nights get cold enough to make the water too chilly for my tender body. Laughing But, one can play on top of the water very happily.

Back to top Go down
Rose

Rose

PostSubject: Re: September 2015   September 2015 - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 9:29 am

Oh ELLEN, I'd take advantage of those, on top of the water days, as much as possible!  CB, thankful all is well with both you and ARK!  I'm going to try not to follow either one of your acts!!!!!!  Impossible to believe, but I'll be the big 70 on my birthday next April, and it seems things don't tend to heal as quickly or as well as they once did Sad lol! I'm still active though and plan on staying that way!  Don't think I've told this yet, my sweet daughter has been studying/taking classes to get her realtor's license, she's completed all of her classes and is now waiting to schedule her actual license test!  She never ceases to amaze me.  I do think one of her ulterior thoughts is to get her Mom closer to her and all of her family closer to some water.  Love my Robin dearly, but don't know as Mom ever wants to move again!  Even as much as I'd love to live near water.  Better get some work done be back later!
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: September 2015   September 2015 - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 9:38 am

Ok, labor day is over, EVERYONE CHECK IN so we know you are alright! missing a few around our table here.

Going to springfield, the big city....I fel like ma kittle....goin to da big citeeeeeee

Have a wunnerful wunnerful week y'all
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: September 2015   September 2015 - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 12:46 am

We went to Donnie's family reunion on Monday.  We saw relatives we hadn't seen in years, and some we didn't know at all.  We ate lots of home made goodies! Drool   It was nice.

I have a spectacular pair of bruises from Saturday's little incident, but am actually more saddle sore than anything.  Lori says she is fine, too.  Next riding lesson is on Thursday.

ELLEN
 This would be my favorite time at the lake.  No crowds and the weather is still nice.

ROSE:
 I am very proud of you!  Buying a horse and living your dream with one of those birthdays ending in a zero coming up!!   wavy
Can't wait to see pix!!
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Rose

Rose

PostSubject: Re: September 2015   September 2015 - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 9:30 am

ARK, I am soooo ready for Essie to be home, am trying so hard to be patient with the barn situation (not doing well at it though). Rolling Eyes   I want to brush, groom, pet, and ride this sweet girl!  Am so happy to be back with all my friends here too.  Sharing with friends is such a happy thing.  Going out to the barn later, see how much, if any, progress has been made and perhaps stir things up a bit!  BBL!
Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

PostSubject: Re: September 2015   September 2015 - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 10:30 am

INDYAPP here popping my head up from lurking. I haven't been doing much, too hot for me. I can't wait for cooler weather, hopefully by the end of the week. I have a whole list of things I want to get done when it's cooler, drive Sophie some more, ride Tiberius, paint the door frame to the front door, drive Sophie, ride Monster, take the cracked window out to be fixed, drive Sophie, ride Tiberius, mow the pasture, drive Sophie, ride Monster, and put the garden to bed for the year are but a few of the projects on my To Do list. Anyone want to make any bets which projects get worked on?
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: September 2015   September 2015 - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 10:53 am

hmmmm, let's see..... I vote Sophie, Tiberius, and Monster at the top of the list. Tough decision. Laughing

Rose, if you want to hurry things up, maybe you could hire a high school boy to shovel that stall for you. He could get it done quickly, and would like to make a few extra bucks.

Ark, yesterday afternoon, it was hot and the water felt great. I came the closest to getting a sunburn that I have all summer. Neighbor and I hung out in the water for about 2 hours. This morning, is cloudy and too cool to suit me, but I'm hoping it will get warmer as the day goes on. At the moment, it is not conducive to wanting to swim.
We were supposed to get a big rain last evening, but it dissipated as it got close to us, so we didn't get a drop, just the much colder air that it brought with it.

I'm back to embroidering lace angels today. Three more to do, maybe 4.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: September 2015   September 2015 - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 11:50 am

Perfect weather here the last 2 days............fall in the mtns with winds, bright sun, 65 day, 35 night time. The city tourists are gone from the holiday..........
I saw a boy scout troop hiking on Sunday. Hysterical, they looked like cucumbers with backpacks, all talking & laughing looking for elk. They "get it" all right. They were having a great time but it was sure obvious their outdoor skills were lacking. At least they were out moving instead of sitting at a game station.
I'm always sorry more kids aren't outside.

Good idea Ellen.........hope you can find a good kid to clean that stall ROSE.
Maybe check at your feed store. ROSE, do you still have Shadow?

Back to top Go down
Rose

Rose

PostSubject: Re: September 2015   September 2015 - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 1:04 pm

ELLEN, SYD, finding teens willing to work for a few dollars is darn near impossible anymore!  Especially manual labor!  I'll come up with something though.  SYD, Shadow has been living with my buddy Lori for almost 4 years now and she has to be the most spoiled senior pup ever.  She has her very own misting system!  Her home is actually insulated and has a porch, swear to you!  She and Lori love each other unconditionally, however she knows the sound of my CRV and comes running and whining the minute she hears it.  I've got a little white/beige feral girl here now, been here 3 years, never been touched by another human, but she is 200% better then the day I had to bring her here on a catchpole to keep her from being a victim of heartstick or worse.  A spitz mix I think.  Alley Cat climbed the fence and escaped a few days after being here, little terrorist came marching right back in 2 days later and hasn't left since.  She gets along with all others and actually stepped into the house, very briefly, a couple days ago.  Technically she's a foster, but I don't know if she will ever be adoptable.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: September 2015   September 2015 - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2015 10:45 am

Well, diddledeedo ROSE. Here, I' m lucky. We have some teens around that want $ and a couple of college kids living at home. A few weeks ago after a storm down home I hired the twins next door (6) to pick up wind trash in the front yard. I paid them $5 a piece and they thought they made a fortune.
I wasn't right there, their mom said it took them about an hr because they were doodling around and fighting. When I got home it was all picked up. I have another down the road (20) in college that is an exercise guru and he stacks hay when I need him. Also, at our hay dealer, they have boys that want to earn $ doing heavy farm chores, delivering hay or small jobs around horses. The boys at the hay dealer are local football players and love being muscle boys. AND, when needed are a huge help to us. Sorry your feed store boys can't help.

One thing that's probably different here is that we used to be a farm ranch community and there are still several locally still trying to keep their horses, steers, etc. So, we do have a few with "farm/ranch" values teaching their boys how to work.

Anyhow, we're all excited for you. Also, glad Shadow is fine w such a great home.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: September 2015   September 2015 - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2015 7:56 pm

Happy hirthday DONNA!

Rumbly thunder, spose to rain tonight....and saturday our hi will be 70! I like that, wish it could be 70 year round. going to an auction, so will be nice weather. sunday a family reunion on my moms side here in missouri.

Monday hoping to get our winter supply of hay in....good thing as hubby won't be able to lift after his knee surgery. he is gettin old, today is his birthday! affraid I love you
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: September 2015   September 2015 - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2015 9:19 pm

We went to springfield and went out for harrys birthday dinner since we were in the big citeeee. went to lamberts home of the thrown hot rolls....literally. they throw the rolls across peoples heads to you! food was good, prices not bad and we had a nice dinner.
And ate way tooooooo much.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: September 2015   September 2015 - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 10:50 am

It's going to be pretty cool and rainy today. The guy came early this morning to weed eat my hill. He got done just in time before the rain started. Looks like it's going to rain for a while, so this will be a good day to keep my embroidery machine running, making more lace angels.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: September 2015   September 2015 - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 12:36 pm

Happy Birthday, DONNA!! :dance:

Happy Birthday, HARRY!! :dance:

Hope you both had great ones! wavy

Nice, cool day here today. Yesterday it started raining just as we were finishing up our riding lesson. It felt really great to get rained on after a sweaty ride Laughing . I got pleasantly soaked. It has been so dry lately, we needed the rain.

I rode Areion yesterday after Lori finished her lesson. Areion was nicely tired and mellow, I had a good ride on her. I am slowly figuring out how to ride her, she is very different from my Ferrari horse, Ivan. Miss Cadillac moves big and turns wide. Her trot is easy to sit. She was fun.

We take Annie back tomorrow. It has been a good visit. We didn't do much beyond eating out, watching 'Under the Dome', shopping, and coloring in her new adult coloring book...but she seemed to have a good time. I will miss the help in the barn, but I doubt she will miss that activity much. Cool
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: September 2015   September 2015 - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 2:03 pm

Ark, it isn't necessary to do a lot with people you love. Just being together is enough.

This morning, about 7:00, my smoke detector started chirping about every 15-20 seconds. It did that yesterday for a little while, but finally stopped. It is hard wired with a battery backup. I finally determined that the battery needed to be replaced. When it was finally light enough and my eyes were open enough to be able to see the directions, I got the old battery out and the new one in. I'm here to tell you that the chirping at that early hour is ANNOYING!
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: September 2015   September 2015 - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 3:14 pm

I'm always the last to wish happy birthdays as I don't keep track well.
However, Happy Birthday to Harry!!! Happy Birthday to Donna, also! I hope Donna checks in!

ARK, glad things are going well for you with Aerion. It seems from here that you & Annie had a great time.

Boy, sad memories over 9-11 today. God bless America!!!
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: September 2015   September 2015 - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 7:33 pm

Amen, Graymare.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: September 2015   September 2015 - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 12, 2015 5:05 pm

I'm not ready for this cold weather yet - a high of 60 and strong wind blowing in from the north. Too cold, too soon.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: September 2015   September 2015 - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 12, 2015 10:27 pm

ELLEN. OH no! It is getting cold enough that the mtns are 33-35 at night.
Mornings stay cold/chilly til 11A and temp drops off again at about 4:30P when the sun heads over the mtn. We drove home today......earlier than planned
but back to regular life...................and horses. LOL, tired now. Sleep

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: September 2015   September 2015 - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 13, 2015 9:00 am

I'll bet your horses were glad to see you. Smile
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: September 2015   September 2015 - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 13, 2015 9:52 am

UHOHHH!
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: September 2015   September 2015 - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 13, 2015 2:05 pm

Actually, the weather right here, for now is fine..............I got out by about 6A and it was cool, about 80, I think. Anyhow, I harrowed the arena and the pasture as I will irrigate tomorrow.........which means anytime after midnight tonight my time will be assigned.

Then I brushed horses for awhile. I am going to bathe one each day starting this afternoon. LOL, yes ELLEN, they were thrilled to see me as I was the one tossing the feed. They are fine with Eli growing along as he should.

Anyhow, I think it will be 103 today and by AZ standards, that's not hot. It takes until about 10-10:30A to start getting hot. By that time I'm long inside.

What's your weather like CB? Still hot & humid there? ELLEN, you should be get ng some Indian Summer before the real cold hits...............hopefully.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: September 2015   September 2015 - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 13, 2015 6:03 pm

Friend's new mare, bred to TA Arapaho by Ekstern (Polish)......
excited to see her.

I'll live next spring through her 4 upcoming foals.......the one I'm excited to see
is by Major Mac (Sheila's pride & joy young stud).

September 2015 - Page 2 411645117
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: September 2015   September 2015 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

September 2015
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next