Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

September 2015

Go down 
+3
Rose
Ellen E
Ark
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Graymare

September 2015 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: September 2015   September 2015 - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 13, 2015 6:03 pm

Friend's new mare, bred to TA Arapaho by Ekstern (Polish)......
excited to see her.

I'll live next spring through her 4 upcoming foals.......the one I'm excited to see
is by Major Mac (Sheila's pride & joy young stud).

September 2015 - Page 3 411645117
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: September 2015   September 2015 - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 13, 2015 7:17 pm

Ooooo. Pretty mama. She should have a very pretty baby.

Next week, we are supposed to have some days in the 70s - a lot of them, I hope.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: September 2015   September 2015 - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 13, 2015 11:28 pm

GRAYMARE
The pretty mare is having 4 foals? Is she a show mare?

ELLEN
It was very chilly here this morning, too, and only got up to 63 this afternoon. Suspect It is going down to 43 degrees tonight. Brrrrrrrrr..... It will get to 80 in the afternoons all week and Donnie is cutting our lower field for hay tomorrow. The upper field didn't grow enough for a third cutting, so will be winter pasture. Poor Donnie's knee is killing him and making more hay won't help it.

I have a new farrier coming tomorrow to do all,but Kazi's, feet. We are trying to save Donnie's knee a little...

Zippy' s 25th birthday was yesterday. I have a hard time believing how long we have had him. He is such a sweet guy.

We took Annie home yesterday. Today the house seems pretty quiet. She seemed to have a good time, but is happy to be back in her new place.

I have a favor to ask. My great nephew, Seth, has a class project of sending a cartoon character around the country in an envelope to see how many places it goes before returning back to his school. The object is to get as many states as possible. Would any of you be willing to add a local postcard to the envelope and send it on?? Purty please?? Smile

Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: September 2015   September 2015 - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 2:21 am

ARK, sure. Is this Flat Albert? Don't worry, I won't teach Seth any grammar. LOL. My grand nieces & nephews did this, also.

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: September 2015   September 2015 - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 9:04 am

Yep. I'll participate. That sounds like fun.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: September 2015   September 2015 - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 10:33 am

Thank you!! I will send it to you, GRAYMARE, since you responded first, then you can send it to ELLEN. Thanks very much!!! cheers They called the cartoon guy Flat Stanley, although Flat Albert is a cuter name since it sounds like Fat Albert Laughing . I gave you the wrong name, it is Alex, my other great nephew whose school is doing this. He and Seth are in the same grade, but different schools. I found a postcard of Virginia with state places and events on it. It should go along with their geography lesson, I guess. The postcard is mailed directly to the school, the envelope with Flat Stanley is mailed separately to another person willing to do the project. Thanks again!!

wavy

Gotta run. A million things to do today.....
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: September 2015   September 2015 - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 12:44 pm

Ark I'm so afraid I would drop the ball and not get it mailed. I've had my nephews hat to mail for a year now and it sits on the table in its envelope bag, and I forgot to take it with me again today.....

Tomorrow harry has doc appt so maybe it will get out finally....tie a string around my finger I guess.

This may be a double uhhhhohhhhh.....I just hope its not a triple rutro...we shall know by wednesday.

Weather has been cooler and less humid, I hope for a long lovely fall.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: September 2015   September 2015 - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 3:16 pm

CB. I'm missing something. What is the mystery? Is Harry getting his knee done sooner?
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: September 2015   September 2015 - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 7:44 am

CB
I hope it goes well for Harry. I will be watching how he does since Donnie faces a similar situation. He saw the doctor last week, a new one, who thinks Donnie's joint problems may be from Lyme disease. He was checked for that last year, but it didn't show up in the test then.

We have hay on the ground. Donnie cut it yesterday. My hay guys I had contacted for more hay fell thru. I have to find another source. Rolling Eyes

We hired a new farrier who came yesterday. We are trying to save Donnie's knees more pain. The farrier did a good job on all the horses and donkey, except Kazi who goes to Tech this afternoon.

And to top off my day today, I have a dental appointment this morning. No

The sad news, Mira, Donnie's little calico he brought home from Hardees 12 years ago, died yesterday. She had struggled for a year and degenerated quickly this past week. She is buried under the apple tree with Niles, Silkie, and Giles. That tree has the best apples. We credit our cats for that....

Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: September 2015   September 2015 - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 11:02 am

Awwww. Sad loss for DONNIE, ARK. Golly, 12 years. We remember when she came home. Sorry about your hay source collapsing for you. That's a hassle. It sounds like your new shoer is a fit, tho. That's good news.

Nice morning here, humid after some rain. The big part of the storm was not out here but W of Phoenix and NE of Phoenix got it. We're quite wet here, tho, as we irrigated so things are soggy. Will do Eli's mane today.......heavens, he has enough mane for both sides. Isaiah need his done, too. I will do tails next week.

Kid's program started yesterday. I have two kids. The one I had yesterday
is in 6th grade and is shy, hates boots as she has only ever had flip flops. She likes dogs but isn't sure she likes horses yet. I'm also, joining the literacy program at a school for their after school program helping with reading. So, again, I will be busy busy busy..........reasons to be good & tired at night.
I've been told my student wants to read Marley to me. That's a great book.
I'm anxious to meet her tomorrow.

Off to the barn in a bit..................
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: September 2015   September 2015 - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 3:41 pm

Awwww. I'm so sorry about Donnie's cat. He took a cat nobody wanted and gave her a good home for all her life.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: September 2015   September 2015 - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2015 12:22 am

Donnie and Ark, hugs your way.

We went to branson today and had seafood, pretty good...long drive....

Tommorrow we will know if it will be a single, double, or three, or 5!.....so much for downsizing anything......but feels good to be needed, just wish it wasn't needed.

Sweet dreams y'all
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: September 2015   September 2015 - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2015 9:18 am

Aha! its a single!

When we went looking at campers last weekend, we ran into a 90 yr old man who probably doesn't have a lot of time left....I thought the campers he had needed way too much work, and he said well let me sell you a horse....I of course asked what kind? and he said appaloosas.....oh my! we went to see them, and oh my....this guy has been raising beautiful appys for 20 years and hasn't done much with them except gentle them. you could walk thru his herd and they were all sweet and no one , not one of them sniped at another horse or shoved....the stallion was in your pocket....and I was in dreamland.....these were all in great shape and hooves nice....and show in halter types. I asked him how much and he said 5. I thought he meant 5000. I was deflated and said "oh tthat's too....and he said "Ill come down to 400, bottom price". oh my achin checkbook. I chose a roan appy with a blanket...she is built like the proverbial brick chithouse...and sweet and quiet. hubby had almost decided to get another mare, but she wouldn't load, and we thought about getting the older mare and her week old baby...so that's why I said single, two, three, or four. I may get another one, want to see how |Sandi does first. she was hard to load, she had never ever been loaded, but she was. not mean about it. she never tried to kick or strike, just pulled back and broke leads. we brought out the butt strap and a hefty lead and she went right in. was calm for the ride home, never banged or stomped. she even backed out of the trailer very nicely. there will be 6 months of ground work and then sending her off to a trainer for finishing.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: September 2015   September 2015 - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2015 9:21 am

CB, you two certainly do have a lot of fun! I thought you were reducing your herd. ROFL
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: September 2015   September 2015 - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2015 10:15 am

CB
I thought you were talking about knee and hip replacement surgeries for Harry! hysterical A new horse is more fun. Very Happy I hope she works out perfectly. Have you named her yet?

We took Kazi to have her feet trimmed and they said she is doing well. For once, all our equines are trimmed at the same time. We usually have them on a staggered schedule. Kazi kept wiggling and nickering when we were getting ready to trim her, not like she usually does there. I thought it was because Daisy wasn't with us. It turned out there was a foal in the stall about 10 feet behind me and Kazi was VERY interested in it. After I told her she couldn't have it, she calmed down and behaved herself. Cute paint foal.

I have a riding lesson today. Better get busy.

Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: September 2015   September 2015 - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2015 10:48 am

We r rehoming the mule to a famous ropers father and son team that train mules to pull wagons and ride. so in essence we will be the same number for now. I need to get her going good. the little girl for cinnamon is coming to take lessons, just basic ones...and if it works out she will have her for her xmas present. her mom can work her off by pet sitting for us, not asking a lot for her, just want a good home for her. may keep tank while longer tho....he is so aptly named! at this stage of life, fun is what its all about! lol

Walking thru that herd of appys was like a trip to a sugar free chocolate factory where the candy was free. what nice horses this ol guy has but now with his failing health needs to sell. he was impressed by our patience and handling her and knows she will have a good home. and as long as she works out and stays calm, she will have a good home. gosh she is sure pretty, I went gaga...

Harry goes in for stress test in october and then he can go off plavix for 2 weeks before surgery on dec 8. ark, has donnie had exrays? or tried injections? or had arthroscopic cleanings of the knee? sometimes these minor things will work to fix prob for years before it gets bad enuf to have replacement surgery.

Rose, is essie home yet?

Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: September 2015   September 2015 - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2015 10:51 am

CB, congrats on your new mare!!! cheers You will have some good fun. Hope you can get some pics to us. I bet you have 5 more by the time Christmas rolls
around!

We're waiting on news from ROSE re Essie. Hoping her stall clean out/repair is going well.

Things are good here. Yesterday my student chose a book about carrots following a rabbit. They have some really funny cute children' books now.
The little boy didn't care about reading. He wanted to play and brush Lady Bug
(pinto bl & white mini)so he was really good at reading.
The book was not long at all so it was a fun afternoon. Silly.

Then we tutors all went out for dinner for a friend's birthday......too bad. I had to eat chocolate killer cake!

Have fun riding today ARK.
Back to top Go down
Rose

Rose

PostSubject: Re: September 2015   September 2015 - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2015 5:28 pm

The pasture is getting closer to being fenced in.  It appears that Rose may have to evict the other boarder, he has refused to take his hay out of the clean stall and so far the former boarder has not cleaned out the manure ridden stall.  (says he' hurt his back pretty bad), I'm not buying any of their excuses and now Rose is off to Hawaii until Oct 4th.  Bill, her hubby, says he will get both done, one way or another.  Fingers crossed that Essie's living quarters will be ready by Oct 7th.  Now some happy news.  I had rescued an amazing Quaker Parrot from Florida (all day drive down there and back).  Marlee Bug is an amazing bird, talks nonstop, doesn't bite and doesn't scream one bit!  Anyway, my sister Tammy (in NH) begged me for him and of course I said yes.  Problem was getting him to NH.  Tuesday afternoon Tammy and my brother, David, started driving down here, nonstop, to get Marlee Bug!  Tammy was so excited and happy, brother David talked to Marlee all the way back.  Perfect rescue and rehoming!  Marlee is now a happy Yankee!  Bonus, I got to visit Tammy and David for a few hours!  My next couple of weeks are very busy, pet sitting 9 and sometimes 10 big black dogs, feeding and exercising twice daily and then after the 27th I have several doctor appointments.  One of which is for my right knee that I injured several months ago and is still bothering me.  And then, Rose somehow ended up rescuing 3 parrotlets, she is planning on breeding and selling the babies, problem 2 males and one female.  So anyone wanta guess where the extra male is??? Rolling Eyes He's so tiny and quiet he's no trouble at all.  Weird coloring though, yellow and pink eyes!  He seems quite happy with the zoo here!  Been chirping happily all day! cheers
Back to top Go down
Rose

Rose

PostSubject: Re: September 2015   September 2015 - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2015 5:32 pm

CB, I would not have done well looking at appys! Smile Folks, I need name suggestions for the little parrotlet!???? Please!
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: September 2015   September 2015 - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2015 10:02 pm

Hey ROSE.............how about Louis LaParrot? "Lewey"
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: September 2015   September 2015 - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2015 10:14 pm

Roy and bobbie mahan r now the proud owners of missymuleytude...they will make a good mule out of her if anyone can.  they train mules to drive and have wagon trains they drive along the hiways and parades.  I hope it works out for her.  she just became too wily for us to handle safely.

Sandie is doing fine, following us around, but have to get her a fly mask tomorrow...flies love her coloring.

We had pork stoganoff for dinner, not bad.....guys liked it!
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: September 2015   September 2015 - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2015 1:14 am

GRAYMARE
 I had very nice lessons on Ivan and Areion today!  First Ivan, then Areion after her lesson with Lori.  It was a perfect weather day for riding and both horses were pretty mellow.  I am getting a little more used to Areion's bigger actions and size.  

ROSE
 How about "Beaker" for a name for the little bird?  Beaker is a Muppet character who is the assistant of Dr. Bunsen Honeydoo, the scientist.  Beaker never talks, just squawks when Dr. Honeydoo' s experiment blows up.  Can you tell that we are Muppet fans? ROFL

CB
 Pix!!  Donnie went to the doctor last week and is waiting on the test results for Lyme disease before getting an MRI.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: September 2015   September 2015 - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2015 2:04 am

Ark, lyme disease is not good, I will hum he doesn't have it.

I will attemmpt to get some pics developed and mail some.....I can only send to a cell phone from my phone otherwise.

Played with the puppies before bedtime, they r up motivating and barking at each other and us...can we say cute as a button!

Bro got his place up the road about half a mile or so, we go clean it tomorrow...and start moving him in....this will cost him more money to buy but he wants to do it....sigh....he could have saved some money staying here but isn't happy in his motorhome and he says it too close to road and too much dust....duh.....ya got me. he says the camper is too small. he's been sleeping and eating meals here and watches tv in the evenings...so he's not in the mh much...??? men!
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: September 2015   September 2015 - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2015 11:25 am

ARK, I forgot all about Beaker. Those are clever segments. I'm glad you're having fun w Ivan & Aerion.

CB. Well, I guess your brother will cook for himself now. Gosh, poor Harry. All that work..............You tried for his sake. Good sister, you are. Sounds like Muley got a great new start for a new job. Your puppies must be so fun right now.....wiggle wiggle wiggle. lick lick lick, yip yip yip, crash.

Temps here have settled down a bit and the mornings are great. Eli is growing
and learning each day......fun to watch & enjoy.

Everyone have a good day. ROSE, enjoy your family visit. Still hoping
your horse facility will get things done for you so Essie will arrive to a happy place. I'm sure something will work out. Oh, say hi to Robin!
Back to top Go down
Rose

Rose

PostSubject: Re: September 2015   September 2015 - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2015 11:45 pm

GRAYMARE, Lewey it is, and he seems okay with that! I'm just amazed, Rose told me to expect Lewey to hide in the bottom of his cage for a couple days and probably not eat much. Because of moving to a new place with new surroundings and person. Well Lewey didn't get the memo. He's been joyously happy, chirping away and eating like a piglet. My big parrot, dogs, and cat aren't disturbing him at all! Horsey news, pasture will be finished mostly this weekend, just waiting on my step in posts from Valley Vet to get here. I'll be checking the stall status tomorrow and see if I have to throw a temper tantrum to get it finished. Rose told me before she left that I have free rein on the barn so that lazy, no account, man better have done the cleanup! I am so darn ready to have Essie here! I want to brush, groom, and just enjoy the smell of horse flesh again! I find caring for a horse relaxing and soothing! ARK, so sorry about Donnie's kitty, they become so much a part of the family. Gotta hit the hay, early up to feed every morning!
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: September 2015   September 2015 - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 7:05 am

Hello everyone. I'm just checking in, things have been so crazy here, I hardly have time to read let alone sit and post. My grandson Anthony is in the hospital, he had a serious dirt bike accident and is in the children's wing at Geisinger ICU with a trach tube in his throat, The bike threw him off then landed on his throat. He is finally sitting up and can write or text us. What a nightmare. I sure don't have time to fret about my teeth situation any longer. I'll be lurking for awhile.

Love & prayers to all...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: September 2015   September 2015 - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

September 2015
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next