Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

November 2015

Go down 
+4
cb
Rose
Rick Angell
Donna
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Ark
Admin

November 2015 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 6 EmptyTue Nov 24, 2015 11:18 pm

ELLEN
 I just added you to a conversation on Facebook.  Lots of foops are there.  You should receive a message.....

Busy day here.  Donnie and Buck finished blowing insulation into the roof.  There was a section that didn't get done earlier.  Buck's last day for awhile is tomorrow.

I decided not to do Turkey for Thanksgiving.  I am baking a chicken.  Drool
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 25, 2015 1:07 am

Did anybody watch DWTS? 17 year old Bindi Irwin, daughter of Steve Irwin, won it with Derek. I always thought Steve was a bit goofy, but his daughter is a class act. She is the biggest bundle of joy I've seen in a long time. Not a bit phony. She deserved to win it because she was the best dancer.

My internet was out most of the afternoon and evening. I'll check out the Facebook site, although I do very little on Facebook. I know I'm an out-dated geezer, but I don't trust Facebook very much.

I was going to fry a turkey for my cousins, but she decided to just do a turkey breast tomorrow, just to get the broth for other sides. There is no doubt we'll all have enough turkey by the end of the weekend. When I get home, I think I'll do a chicken.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 25, 2015 3:12 am

we made it to ft hood and had a late dinner with kyle and now we r tucked into bed for a nap.....ft worth traffic was stop and go for over 3 hours! give me a horse anyday on a nice trail......

Back to top Go down
Rose

Rose

PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 25, 2015 8:55 am

So happy you've made this trip safely CB and are now getting some rest. Trips can be a strain on the nerves this time of year. Stay safe my friend! Ellen, the Foop Fest page on FB is private and outsiders can't post, etc so hopefully we'll be safe. I hate the Nascar break till Feb, but I know they need and deserve it. My Essie has sure figured out how to work me, drove out to her pasture yesterday and was immediately greeted with soft nickers...........hmmm, she sure is a quick learner it seems!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 25, 2015 11:33 pm

CB
Have fun with the family this week!

Whew! Busy day with the carpenter here today and yesterday. He painted the wreck wall and the kitchen wall that the ductwork goes through. He and Donnie put in a large vent that will connect to the heatpump and worked on some trim. Things are shaping up! Buck will come back next Friday to help Donnie install one of the heatpump units and finish the trim in the tv room.

No riding lesson this week with the holiday. It's going to be pretty for the next couple of days. Ivan and I may just practice by ourselves.

Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow! We are staying home this year.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2015 12:44 am

Happy Thanksgiving to everybody!
I'll be making two sugar cream pies in the morning and heading off to my cousin's where most of the cousins gather to over eat. Laughing As in most homes around the country, we will have way more food than even our large group can consume. There will be leftovers. Drool

Back to top Go down
Rose

Rose

PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2015 1:19 am

Happy Thanksgiving to one and all!
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2015 7:03 am

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE.

Have a wonderful day, eat too much, spend too much time with family and friends and be thankful for all the gifts the Good Lord has given us.

We are off to dinner with friends of ours, then taking a dinner to a friend who had surgery yesterday, he won't be able to eat it for a day or two, but it will be there when he is back to eating normal food. What doctor schedules surgery the day before Thanksgiving? That is just downright cruel and unusual punishment. LOL

Have safe travel and a blessed day.

Love & prayers for all....
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2015 10:58 am

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE. We are so blessed. Thanks ARK for your work keeping us here.

We are having friends and family here today so a houseful this afternoon.......
and like everyone else here, way too much food.

I'm going to prepare stuffing right now and get Big Bird in the oven in 30 min...................then the smells...............MMMMMMMMM.

Have a great day!! God bless. Prayers for ALL.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2015 5:21 pm

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!! wavy

There is a new FaceBook site for foops you are all invited to join. It is called FoopFest and has lots of the old foops on it. Very Happy TallyPam sat it up for everyone and it seems to be working well. Just look for "FoopFest" and click on join. It is a closed group, so only members can see the posts and post.

I am baking a chicken for dinner. It doesn't smell quite as Thanksgivingy, but is still nice. We bought a pecan pie for our dinner, but have been eating it all week. Drool Not much left for today's dinner.

One thing I am thankful for, besides you folks, Donnie, and my life in general, is that my main steed, Ivan, puts up with more and more all the time! After watching Lori and Tonto do their bareback and bridleless demo, I had to try it with Ivan. So today I put a circle of rope around his neck ( and a safety net of a halter with reins attached) and climbed on Ivan. I didn't touch my reins, only the neck rope. We walked all over, turning, backing, and side passing! He did great! The only time he walked where I didn't ask was when we got near the barn and he heard Donnie rattling around the feed room. That is where we went Laughing . I wouldn't want to try this if he was stressed or very distracted, but it was a fun experiment! He sidepassed over to the fence when I asked and I got off. Snacks all around! cheers

Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2015 8:27 pm

Happy thanksgive foops and foopettes! thankful this group is around for me!
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2015 9:53 pm

Black Friday. Has the whole country gone plumb nuts?
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2015 10:01 pm

I went twice when my daughter & her friends went years ago............now it seems totally nuts. It starts on Wednesday.........furthermore, people camp out for up to 7-8 days to be first in line............ affraid affraid affraid

So what is with the Weds before Thanksgiving?.............I went out to lunch at Cracker Barrel and then over to Bass Pro as their Black Friday sales had started............oddly, it wasn't that crowded at all at 3P........then home but the night traffic was busy for about 8 miles.............

Today was rest day of sorts...............playing with horses and dog & eating leftovers all day. MMMMMMMMM
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2015 10:20 pm

Buuuurrrrpppp. Boy, am I FULL! Huge meal yesterday and then did another one this evening. I love mashed potatoes and dressing drowning in gravy.

I'm not sure how much I would have to be paid to go shopping on Black Friday! It would be a lot.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 6 EmptySat Nov 28, 2015 12:14 am

I swore I would never shop on Black Friday, so what did we do today? We went shopping for a recliner for Donnie. We only went to furniture stores, so the crowds weren't bad, thankfully. After he sat in a gazillion recliners, we finally found the one he felt was " just right". Actually, he found two, but I had veto powers on colors and used it when he claimed the camouflaged one fit perfect. Rolling Eyes We are picking up the nice blue recliner tomorrow.

We had a very nice lunch while out and about, it was a fun afternoon. We did make the mistake of stopping in at Tractor Supply for a couple of things, but turned around and left after seeing the lines at the registers.

Pretty day here, the shoppers had good weather luck today!
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 6 EmptySat Nov 28, 2015 6:42 am

Recap of our trip to tx. other than the wind blowing thru mo and ok and the camper got to rockin and made the car wiggle.....we made it to ft. worth where we satfor 3 hours in stop and go for 10 feet....we found the base but it has 10 gates and we kept being sent to wrong gates to get the trailer searched for?....idunno.....and not one gate guard knew where the base campground was, but we found kyles dorm went out for a late dinner...took him back and checked and sedarched again, someone now at the gate knew where fam camp was, 2 blocks away, but it was closed and the gates were shut, I found this one street in but it was the wrong way, but ya know what???? I took it anyway! found one open spot and pulled in, walked to the restroom and they were locked......good thing we have a portapotty......harry drove too long with his knee and was in so much pain....after we picked kyle up we went to the er for hours and hours....finally giving him 4 shots and a script for pain pills....got to walmart and their computers were down so had to pay full price....kyle drove us the rest of the way to jessis as both harry and I were exhausted....I'm so glad he was with us. then the bike I ordered for brenna for us to pick up had a bent rim and it wobbled....I said I wanted a new one. its a 3 wheel bike as a 2 wheeler scares her, her balance is off....I was not happy camper.....so hubby is on crutches....and then I get bladder infection....ack...but seeing jessi and the harper, brenna, audrey, and bailey was totally worth it all. we start back today......sigh.......and spending time with kyle too.....
We had 2 turkeys, ham and pecan and pumpkin pies for 16 people....with all the trimmings! we all waddled.......
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 6 EmptySat Nov 28, 2015 1:35 pm

CB, what a whirlwind.......I sure hope Harry got relief and you, too..........
Yes, glad for Kyle to drive you, also.............we need pics of you & Harper.

Bass Pro was fine on Wed and they had good bargains. It was not crowded so it was good. Jeans were on for $10, a good buy.

ARK, glad you found the chair that is "just right"............I'm sure our feed and horse supply stores here AZ were NUTS yesterday......I sure wasn't there. LOL

Well, our house is being painted and it's going well.........I have the barn all ready
and they are going to spray that, also.

Family, horses, Rex all fine and tired of turkey for two days..........it's almost gone.

Everyone have a great day.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 6 EmptySat Nov 28, 2015 6:15 pm

Ack, left to go home this afternoon and have hit nothing but ice storms.....wow....
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 6 EmptySat Nov 28, 2015 8:51 pm

We'll pray you home safely, CB...............
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 6 EmptySat Nov 28, 2015 9:53 pm

I have really funny & great friends. Two of them dropped by to see the paint job
on the house (which is still in progress). They brought Rex two "will fetch for treats" frisbees. Guess what? LOL, he does. Seriously, he is just a funny guy that loves attn.................
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 12:51 am

Donnie has been snoozing in his chair all evening. I think it is a success! We got it home just before the rain got here.

CB
Take care travelling home!! Ice is terrible. I am glad you had a good family visit!

GRAYMARE
What color did you paint your house and barn? That's a job... We keep getting two paint colors mixed up. They are very similar, but one is slightly darker. We just realized we have painted one wall in our wreck room the wrong color.....sigh.... The outside of our house used to be the darker tan and the inside a slightly lighter shade. We have bought the wrong shade more than once. Now the outside is a grey/blue, but the inside is still the confusing tan. Rolling Eyes

I guess I should wake Donnie up and send him to bed. Sleep
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 9:28 am

I find I sleep very well in my recliner and that is where I sleep. hubby has the bed, I have a recliner next to bed. it supports my back and legs and with bad knees they don't lay on each other anymore as I sleep on my back. the chair sounds comfy!
We stopped for the night, will start again shortly...spose to be warmer today.

Later....

Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 11:15 am

ARK, the house is red brick w white trim. Garage & barn are white w sand/wheat beige/tan trim. The guys aren't finished w the trim yet. They were going to finish today but we said it's fine if they finish tomorrow, Monday, no problem for us. At our age, we won't ever have to paint it again. It's 7A here and we don't have anyone showing up to work today and we are glad...........gives us a break. Tomorrow both the painters and the tile guys here at 7A and everything done by Wed, Thur at the latest. Ha, then it will take me a week or so to clean everything and put it all back................then done with that, also, other than routine cleaning. We won't ever change the family room again.

Horses are fed, I'm going to go get the Sunday paper, come back in, drink coffee, and read. Same w TL. We are going to tilt back our chairs and do nothing. Our Thanksgiving day, LOL.

Everyone have a great day. God bless. Prayers for all.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 12:22 pm

We will be laying tile or harwood, but we get to do the work ourselves....can't afford our trips otherwise and hubby is pretty handy. I am going to paint the dining area walls, and panel the family tv room, get rid of the ugly gold tin foil wall paper...but has to wait until my handy dandy hubby is all healed up.

I have never seen a 350 mile ice storm stretch before. lots of broken trees and limbs, but the trees r just broken off, they will never be the same. devastation is all ya see looking out the window.....that was a lot of ice out there. we stopped for the night and now back on the road again.lil over 300 miles to go still.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 2:32 pm

CB, we have always done the work ourselves...........however. at 75 we're having this done and will not have to do it again. We prob won't keep this place for more than 5 yrs............when I can no longer take really good care of my horses, I won't have them either............

Just get home safely............glad you're almost there.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 4:18 pm

Pfffft, gm you are just spring chickens! lol

We did rent a ditcher to dig power lines and water lines to bros camper, but I got the job of filling them back in....yay.....not rake

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

November 2015
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next