Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

November 2015

Go down 
+4
cb
Rose
Rick Angell
Donna
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
cb

November 2015 - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 7 EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 4:18 pm

Pfffft, gm you are just spring chickens! lol

We did rent a ditcher to dig power lines and water lines to bros camper, but I got the job of filling them back in....yay.....not rake

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 7 EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 4:51 pm

Home again, home again.....
Had a good time with cousins, just hanging out for a couple of days.

One of my relatives give me a really good tip. Never allow Norton to automatically renew. The renewal costs more than twice as much as buying it 'new' each time. Also, if you can find people who want to share, you can get it on 10 devices for one price. I have another year of it for $10, compared to the $70 that I've been paying for yearly renewals. That's because 4 of us have signed on with one account. The basic cost is $39.95+tax, $42.

Today, I'm sitting here watch the Colts and will search some embroidery designs. Tomorrow, I'll start dragging Christmas stuff out of the garage attic. I have an 80th birthday party to go to next Sunday, so I have to find a design for a 1935 Ford tractor to put on a sweatshirt.

Cousin's wife sent a bunch of leftovers home with me. I heard some dressing and gravy calling my name. Drool
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 7 EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 8:54 pm

Boohoo, I don't have any leftovers....

We finally made it home safely but damp, my what ice storms and then RAIN....geesh, whole trip was ucky......had to go slowly with the bitty camper wigglin .......

Nite taters!
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 7 EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 10:01 pm

Always good to read our gang is home safely & tucked in.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Robin's New Halflinger Mare: Willow   November 2015 - Page 7 EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 11:01 pm

ROSE:
 Here is the photo of Robin's new mare, Willow:

November 2015 - Page 7 KS1rkO  Willow
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 7 EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 11:10 pm

ROSE:
Congrats to Robin for such a pretty mare!  I bet she is very excited!  I hope you get to ride together soon!

GRAYMARE:
 Your house sounds very pretty!  They sure eat up the time, energy and moola to keep them nice.  

ELLEN:
 Welcome back!  Your friend will love the sweatshirt with a tractor on it!  Nice idea for a tractor guy..... Very Happy    Glad you had fun with the cousins over the holiday.

CB:
 I don't know how you travel so far, so quickly.  Those ice damaged trees will look bad for a few years, but they will mostly grow back.  We had two ice storms at our old house that brought down lots of branches and trees.  During the storm it sounded like a battle, the snapping branches sounded like gunshots.  Anyway, a few years later, you could barely tell the trees were damaged, they sprouted back.   Now the hurricane damage we had during Hugo was different.  It brought down 300 trees, mostly pines.  Once they hit the ground, that is about it for them.  What a mess.
 I am glad you had some good family time!

The rain mostly held off here during the day, but we are sure going to get some over the next few days.  Such a rainy fall this year.  At least it is fairly warm.  

Donnie loves his new recliner!  He says it helps his knees more than laying on the couch.  He and Kumquat have been happily snoozing....

November 2015 - Page 7 XcDdvI  November 2015 - Page 7 NQ4e5f
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 7 EmptyMon Nov 30, 2015 1:47 am

Ark, we r just very very fast! Shocked bounce and now very very sleepy.....

We just drive....and this trip was slower due to the camper. if the wind blows or you hit ruts it really wiggles even with the sway bar....I do not like that. on the other hand, it towed good, car had no problem at all...on smooth roads with no wind.
It did cut our gas milage tho about half and I'm figuring a pickup with camper may be a saner idea.

Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 7 EmptyMon Nov 30, 2015 3:18 am

Happy anniversary ARK AND DONNIE!
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 7 EmptyMon Nov 30, 2015 9:53 am

Oh wow. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY DONNIE & ARK!!!

I ran out to feed...........30 degrees at 5A. Horses are fine and glad for the hay.
Coffee ready when I got back in so I was glad for a cuppa. Turned on the local news and everything seems to be cyber Monday and they kept talking about Amazon. So, out of curiosity I went to the site. There is nothing I need or will buy but they sure have a lot of stuff. The news showed the warehouse in Phoenix. I didn't believe how huge it is. And they are lined up and ready with Drone Delivery. Seriously, as fat as Santa is, how is he going to fit in a drone?
So will Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixon, Comet Cupid, Donner & Blitzen be
retired? And Rudolph? How will all the kids find Santa in the sky on
Christmas Eve without his red nose leading the pack? The Drone is ruining the Christmas fun. Our society truly has lost it. I used to love walking by the hardware store in our town and seeing the sleds, toboggans and skates in the window...............ha, dates me. 1948-49 era. Wow, what changes we have had over the years. And to think, this is just normal everyday for kids today.

LOL, that's my morning report. cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 7 EmptyMon Nov 30, 2015 9:58 am

CB and GRAYMARE!
 Thanks, but:
 That photo Donnie, Ivan and me  on Facebook was taken a year and a half ago.  It was posted as one of those Facebook games, this one "Which is your most 'liked' photo on Facebook?".  So it isn't our anniversary, that was just what the photo was about.  Our 42nd anniversary will be this coming April.  Time flies, doesn't it?  Hard to believe it's been that long.  
 Facebook can be confusing sometimes.  

CB
 I am very glad you are home safely!  Pulling a trailer in ice and wind could not be much fun.  I kind of like the truck campers on the bed of the truck, although wind and gas mileage might still be bad.

GRAYMARE
Drone delivery? I don't know quite what that is. I'll look it up...

Rainy, rainy, rainy here for the next couple of days.  At least it isn't snow!
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 7 EmptyMon Nov 30, 2015 10:30 am

Kids now will never know what they missed.  Sleds and skates have been replaced by cellphones and video games.  As an official geezer, I'm not so sure that is a good thing.

I ordered a couple of things from Amazon on Friday.  It will be here today from Phoenix.  A few months ago, I saw a documentary about the Amazon warehouses.  Everything is automated.  Little robots travel the aisles, pick up the shelves with the merchandise and deliver it to packers.  Super high tech.  
They are working on drone delivery for the areas surrounding the warehouses.
Ark, they use the drones to deliver small packages directly from the warehouse to the home.  They could deliver within about 30 minutes.

CB, glad you made it home safely.  Driving on ice is anything but fun.

I hope Robin has a wonderful time with her new Haffie.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 7 EmptyMon Nov 30, 2015 11:38 am

ARK, I don't have Facebook...............as I said. Old duffer..............
So, I hope you don't shut down the board but understand if you do.
I think CB has Facebook and Ellen does. And many others that I know on the new Facebook for foops........
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 7 EmptyMon Nov 30, 2015 4:47 pm

GRAYMARE
I don't have any plans to shut this down because of the Facebook page. As long as this forum gets used, I don't mind watching over it. I read on Facebook, but never post intensely personal or private stuff there, just happy things. You folks here get more news of my foibles, problems, training issues, etc. (Lucky you, right?ROFL ) Heck, I never mentioned the truck accidents we had here or my rather major illness on Facebook. I don't like the way Facebook can be used to mine information and people who don't know you can forever access whatever you post. I do touch bases with a fair number of relatives I would ordinarily never hear from, the major reason I post anything there. So really, at least for me, Facebook is not an entirely true picture of me or my life. You folks know more about me than most of my relatives Very Happy . I just don't find Facebook very 'home-like....

Anyway, don't worry about us disappearing here as long as folks continue to use the forum. hug

I looked up Amazon drones. Wow! We don't live near an Amazon center, so I guess we won't see that, but I would be tempted to buy something just to see the delivery if I did!

Raining, raining......I got the barn done despite it, but unhappily, found my new boots leak....sigh...Doesn't anyone make rubber boots that last more than a month?
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 7 EmptyMon Nov 30, 2015 10:56 pm

Rose, I like the looks of the new horse! tell robin congrats!

Ark, I'm glad you r keeping us going here....I agree, we r a close lil group and comfy....dare I say this...there r some of the same baddies there as there once was....ill post and read.....but .....I like it here, period. I already got told who I am by my nemesis.....the world keeps on turnin.....lol No tongue Rolling Eyes

We got so much rain that when we backed the camper in to the front door...to unload, and then move it today, we got stuck and buried it!...had to dig it out with shovels...fun never stops here....
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 01, 2015 8:26 am

ARK: I too am glad you are keeping Foopville up and running. I don't do FB either, like CB, I remember a bad experience with someone in a larger group, I would rather be here with my friends. Thanks again for all you do for us non FB people.

We put our Christmas tree up the other day, it's not decorated yet, but I can at least enjoy the pretty lights until I can find some time to decorate it. George likes to put it up on Christmas Eve. UUGGHHHH not enough time to enjoy it. I start nagging right before Thanksgiving arrives so he gives in and puts it up.

Happy December everyone..
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 01, 2015 10:55 am

Ark, you pretty well stated how I feel about Facebook. Maybe it's geezer-itis setting in , but I don't trust it much at all. Over the last couple of years I have received ads from hijacked e-mail addresses from Dot, Ann, and a few others - all of whom are on Facebook.
Like you, I would never post any details of my life there. This is much more comfortable. Thank you for keeping it going.

I did see the list of some of the original gang and didn't realize there were so many. Some of them I don't remember. Others I hadn't thought of in a very long time.

Rose, does Essie get along with Robin's new horse? You two will have such a good time together.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 01, 2015 5:06 pm

Ran out to feed at 5A......30 degrees. I plugged in my heat tapes last night so no probs. Came back in and grabbed a cuppa. Friend called at 5:45 A as she knows I'm up. So, being a creative funny gal, we are planning a Christmas gift for our other friend that is horseless now. So lonely she is going to buy two mules or donkeys for Christmas.....going to the rescue as she doesn't care if they're 3 legged lame and 35 yrs old...........just have to be cute and friendly.
So yesterday friend found a Francis The Talking Mule video in Walmart. She bought it and 10 of us are going to pay for it. It was $1.80 so I'm in for $.20.
We happen to think this is a riot. Friend buying/getting two mules/donkeys at the rescue needs us to haul her choices as she sold everything when her last horse died. The real joke will be if she gets two mules that hate each other at first or if they won't load.................THis is going to be fun fun fun.

So. when we hung up I watched the news. Here is today's funny:

Today is National Aids Day. Aids is not funny but news anchors are................This is a real statement: "46% of the people with aids don't know it". I couldn't figure out how they knew that but then figured it out. It's because the other 54% with aids know it.
Shocked Shocked ClappingHands ClappingHands ROFL ROFL
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 01, 2015 5:17 pm

Graymare, you have to take some pictures of the mules! That will be great fun! Very Happy

Sometimes, I think the news people just make up stuff. How do they know what makes up 100% of anything of an unknown quantity?

Two and a half weeks ago, on November 13th, my cousin mailed a birthday card to me, expecting it would get to me in plenty of time for my birthday on the 19th. Wrong. No card. Days go by. No card. FINALLY today, it arrived! No idea where it has been. It only had to go just over 100 miles. The envelope wasn't damaged or dirty. No wonder our postal system is in so much trouble.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 01, 2015 6:29 pm

GRAYMARE:
I have just the photo for your friend in our December thread..... Very Happy

Time to change the month, go to:

https://horsefriends.forumotion.com/t51-december-2015#6819

Or click on Basket and got to December 2015

See you there! November is history....

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down