Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

November 2015

Go down 
+4
cb
Rose
Rick Angell
Donna
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Graymare

November 2015 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 2:10 pm

Astute Observations

There are two sides to every divorce: Yours and dipshit's.

I don't do drugs. I find I get the same effect just by standing up really fast.

I don't like political jokes. I've seen too many get elected.

The most precious thing we have is life, yet it has absolutely no trade-in value.

Every day I beat my previous record of consecutive days I've stayed alive.

No one ever says, "It's only a game!" when their team's winning.

Isn't having a smoking section in a restaurant like having a peeing section in a swimming pool?

Marriage changes passion . . . suddenly you're in bed with a relative.

Why is it that most nudists are people you don't want to see naked?

Snowmen fall from Heaven unassembled.

Now that food has replaced sex in my life, I can't even get into my own pants.

I signed up for an exercise class and was told to wear loose fitting clothing. If I HAD any loose fitting clothing, I wouldn't need the freakin' class!

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

Wouldn't you know it! Brain cells come and brain cells go, but FAT cells live forever.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 3:13 pm

Awwwww geesh, I didn't need to know that last one. lol tongue
Back to top Go down
Rose

Rose

PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 10:32 pm

Me neither CB, reference the last one! Robin and I want to try a trail ride together at Lee State Park Thanksgiving weekend. Providing her mare is here by then and I strongly believe she will be, since I distinctly heard her say an hour ago that if the coggins got held up and she couldn't ship on the 20th, she, Robin, would drive up there and bring Sandy home!
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 12:38 am

CB
 Nope, no lights on in my barn.  No more breeding here.  I think the mares are just throwing an end of the season party.  They were a bit calmer today.  I don't usually have more than one showing signs of being in heat at a time.  Their planets all lined up together this time Rolling Eyes .  Ivan is the recipient of all their good and bad feelings towards male equines.  Zippy and Cactus run for cover and don't get involved.  Ivan likes the days the mares make kissy faces at him, but doesn't like the terror that happens after the good moods are gone.  

I also suspect that Areion is social climbing again.  She already bosses the ponies, donkey, and Kazi around.  I think she is working on Ivan now.  This only leaves Daisy and then Areion will rule the barn.  Daisy will not be so easy....She likes being Number One.  

Herd dynamics are kind of interesting. Very Happy

TRUDY
 Glad you had such a good veterans event!!  Our rain has stopped.  Has yours?

GRAYMARE
ROFL
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 9:52 am

Happy VETERANS DAY! thanks to all who have served and their families...past present and our future soldiers to come. thank you for our freedom, may our flag forever wave.

Off to the big city today to get our hitch on our car and then we shall see if it will pull our LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL camper. that's what the builder/owner had written on the back of the silver spaceship....not round, but it has this funny looking antennae on top and its all silver.....well, ya know I've always been a lil different... Rolling Eyes

later .......
Back to top Go down
Rose

Rose

PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 6:56 pm

Where can I go to buy stock in WD40 and Cowboy Magic? Obviously I'm going to need both by the gallon. Oh gosh, another really big surprise today. Paso Finos can gallop and canter, even correct leads. I stood there in total amazement as Essie galloped laps around the arena!!!!ClappingHands I had no idea, have never seen a Paso do that!ClappingHands Don't think it looked very Grandma comfy though, geez that little mare can fly!!!! Hope the Haffie can keep up!silent
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 8:47 pm

Aha! hitch is on and trial run tomorrow.

Harry enjoyed his veterans day dinner last night on the way home. our long day and fullbellies we barely could check and feed the critters before collapsing Iinto bed at 930. we were both wiped out! then this morning I had to be at ortho to get one of my knee injections. I loaded up on my xanax as I can't take novacaine of any kind and I slept most of the day.....kind of nice, I feel well rested. I have to use it also when I go to dentist.....I don't like feeling groggy, but am definately relaxes me. now I can't get enuf to drink, I feel dehydrated....now ya know ill be up all night doing somethin else, eh Embarassed Rolling Eyes bouncy

Ellen, we have had 50 to 60 mph winds.....my leaves took off! still a few around buildings, but I can see my front porch and grass in my yard now, but every tree is bare out there. lots of down limbs, trees, and some power poles. crazeeeee weather....

Rose, I know its eye opening to see what we hope to be our mild mannered steeds go streakin. sandie did that to me last week, at a dead run she beat all coming in to eat, and I thought "oh crap".....I just want to plod along.....I hope she will understand that!

Sweet dreams y'all.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 10:09 pm

We had some pretty interesting winds early this morning. It took down one of my ash trees that was already dead. I had no idea it was so rotten inside. My dock was stacked and about three boards will have to be replaced. My neighbor's dock has one section that was damaged, still in the water - but didn't hurt his boat and motor. What killed me was that it bounced off my kayak which now has a big crack in it. I don't know if it can be fixed or not.
The good news is that there are only 4 trees to take down later this winter.

Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 12:39 am

My riding lesson was postponed today because of the wind. I was actually going to go thru with it, but Lori called and said all the horses at the stables she works at were freaky from the wind. I don't think she wanted to ride Areion. affraid Having been on Ivan during high winds, I don't blame her. It would not have been much fun. I went on an ACTHA ride once with Ivan when the winds were howling. I lost, of course, but got a blue ribbon for surviving the day on the most freaky horse without being tossed.... Rolling Eyes ...

ELLEN
Sorry about your kayak. I hope it can be repaired, but if not, buy that one you wished you had bought last time!! In your favorite color!! Maybe your home insurance will cover the cost.

ROSE
When does your doctor say you can ride Essie? Soon, I hope! Has anyone tried her out yet?

CB
Some young person who is immortal and made of rubber needs to be the first to try out your new mare..... Very Happy

Sounds like the entire country is blowing away. All the leaves must be in the Atlantic by now.

Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 4:45 am

Oh no ark, she will be going out for a 30 day refresher course...she was broke 30 days but its been awhile....and I sure don't bounce as well as I once did....so ill let the professional do it, I think she will be worth the money by the attitude she has and the willingness on the ground....but we will see. if she is a screwball from he!! in sheeps clothing then I won't waste more money on her. too many really good broke horses out there that r broke safely....but not doing it til spring where I can keep going what she will learn. harrys knee needs to be healed, and I managed to get one of my knees injected, but don't know if I can get the other scheduled until after he is ok to drive as I take my magic pills to get it done and there is no driving for me when I do that....so we shall see. and I won't ride in a car with my crazy arse brother who thinks he can drive on the curves and roller coastal hills like a race car driver....I think he is losing it just a bit. he over drew his checking account by 500 dollars this month....what a mess to figure out.....but we did and his bank waived some of his check charges which helped...he is really something else........I don't have any stress in my life, oh no! bom affraid tongue No Shocked

If I disappear, you will know I'm in a loony bin somewhere! drunken albino jocolor rabbit clown oh wait, I think I may be there already.....
Back to top Go down
Rose

Rose

PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 10:22 am

Oh ARK, I firmly believe Lori made a wise decision about riding with the wicked winds.  As sweet natured and trustworthy as your steeds are, the winds definitely have an ill effect!  Your advice to ELLEN reference the kayak is great I think!  She so enjoys her kayak!  CB I firmly believe you are approaching riding Sandi in the best possible way!  We definitely don't bounce and heal like we used to. Surprised   Robin, Noah, and I have all ridden Essie without any incident :dance: Hopefully her improving condition will not change her personality!  Gotta go get ready for pt this morning, will check in later!
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 11:53 am

Ark, I might find one in a different color, but it will be hard to find one that I like any better than the one I have. I did quite a bit of research before I chose it and it has been exactly what I wanted and needed. They don't make this particular model anymore, so finding one like it will be a challenge.
I got this one on a special deal through the PE teacher when I was still teaching. I know I won't be able to replace it for the same money.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 7:33 pm

ELLEN, go to Home Depot and buy that TV sealer for $13. It's worth a try. You've got nothing to lose.

There are so many kayaks you will find one very similar if you have to.
Seriously. You haven't had to look yet. Think positive.

Sorry for your loss if it's a goner, that's for sure. Check out all options.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 8:42 pm

The way the crack is opened, I'm not sure I'd be able to hold it in place while I squirted on the TV stuff.  I have no doubt it would work.
I talked to Fluid Fun in Bristol today.  When I have a day that doesn't have other things to do, I'll haul the kayak up there and let their repair guy see what he can do with it.  I sent them pictures.  He said he thinks he might be able to fix it, but it won't be pretty, and isn't sure it won't leak.  If he can get it fixed so it doesn't leak, I'll have my cousin paint a great big bandaid over the scar.

November 2015 - Page 3 411872141
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 8:55 pm

ELLEN, I know nothing about kayaks. Nothing. What is so different about that one that it can't be replaced by another? that's similar?

Oh brother, now Paris is having a terror issue! Pray for us all.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 9:17 pm

Heartwrenching for all those families. heraldo,s daughter was at the concert hall, she got out safely, he was in tears.

Ellen, it does look bad, good luck.

Gm have you tried that flex seal stuff, I was wondering if it truly works, figured a good stocking stuffer for hubby.

Loaded trash and cans in the truck today so didn't get to test drive camper, do it monday. saturday is auction day and amish store for cheese and meat for sandwiches.

Sunday, back to work.....never ending job.....

Sweet dreams y'all
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 9:58 pm

CB, I haven't used it but neighbor trailer used it on his roof of trailer in the mountains. Voila. No more leak in bad storms. So, yes, I know it works.

I'm betting ELLEN's kayak can be fixed. Also, ELLEN, wouldn't home owner's ins cover it? I have no idea what that kind of a repair would cost. Here's how little I know. I would try to fix it myself, hoping it would float. LOL, maybe 2 cans of TV
sealer & filler...............& epoxy & a sander. I would at least try so hoping for good things ELLEN.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 10:58 pm

ELLEN
Poor little kayak. That is a nasty break. I hope your insurance can do something for you.

CB
I bet there are more people at that theatre that we will have heard of. I just cannot understand what these terrorists gain from killing innocents. Sad

It's still windy here. I hope it calms down tonight. I would like to get in my riding lesson tomorrow. Sunday evening we are going to see Lori and her paint mustang, Tonto, do their trick training demonstration. Should be fun. I've seen some videos of them, but not in person.

Donnie is on vacation all next week while the carpenter is here. Hopefully they will get the t.v. room finally finished and the heat pump installed before cold weather gets here.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 11:35 pm

There are plenty of other kayaks that are similar - for some pretty big money. I just happen to like this one and don't really want to spend the big money to get another one. I have $1000 deductible on my insurance. A brand new kayak would be just a little over that, and filing a claim would probably cause my rate to go up, even though I've never had a claim. With a little time, I might be able to find one if mine can't be fixed. The estimate for fixing it by the guy in Bristol is about $150. So, if he can fix it that would be the most economical.
I've been checking Ebay to see what I can find there. I did find one in Ohio that looks pretty good, but I'd have to add the rudder kit to it. It would be close enough to go pick it up. There is another one in Illinois, but it doesn't appear to be in very good condition. I'm not looking for perfect, but I don't want one that is all beat up.

I don't want to see another war, but the world is going to HAVE to do something about those terrorists. Their next stop will be here in the US. It's just awful.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 12:21 am

Ellen, that is my fear, too. I told my kids to stay away from huge events, its terrible to think we have to live our lives differently, but it seems they strike at the larger venues where they can take the most innocent lives. I, too, do not want another war with kids and nephews, friends, grandsons in the service now, but also realize they have to be stopped.....

All have a good weekend and do something fun!
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 11:48 am

ELLEN. See? I thought kayaks cost $3-400. Still $ but didn't
know they are $1000 and up. Hoping for your repairman to get it fixed, for sure.
The good thing is, you have time to get it done without interrupting your summer fun.

It is a worry our world is in such a mess. AND, we all know the terrorists are right here in our country, also. Now they are still uncertain if the attacks are over in Paris. Just need to go pat my horses and take some barn medicine.

Everyone have a good day! Prayers for ALL.
Back to top Go down
Rose

Rose

PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 5:50 pm

I do not like wars, not even a little bit, but as everyone has already stated above, we need to stop these terrorists before they strike again, here in our Country, or for that matter anywhere!  ELLEN sure hope you can get the kayak fixed good as new.  ARK our wind was easier today so hope you were able to get your lesson.  CB, so when will you take a little trip with the bitty camper?  GM, I think I heard on the radio (talk radio) that we actually have 3-4 Al Qeuida(sp) training facilities right here in the good ol' USA!  Can someone tell me why would we allow that?????????? Evil or Very Mad  Prayers for France and her people!  They actually welcomed the Muslims into their Country and even let them establish their own little cities where French law enforcement and emergency services were not allowed to enter affraid
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 8:20 pm

Seriously scary stuff ROSE...........and what, like you, is our gov't thinking
re ISIS/Al Qaeda right here in our country? What on earth are they thinking?
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 7:12 am

ELLEN: Gee whiz that is awful about your kayak. Who knew they were so expensive? Any sports item is out of control as far as costs go any more.

ROSE: Wonderful news that Essie is working out for you and that Robin found a horse and you two are going to get to trail ride together.

ARK Our wind has FINALLY stopped. It's been howling here for days. I had to take down my welcome home sign from the front door the other night. It was blowing so hard the sign keep knocking on the door. Ace (the good watchdog) kept barking and Mr. PTSD was freaking out. I found a shingle in the yard and think it blew off the garage roof. YIKES...Wind is not our friend.

It is terrible what happened in Paris and you know it's going to happen here if our lying government doesn't wake up & stop the insanity they have caused. God help us.

Our church group made up boxes to ship to the kids who are serving in the military from our church . That was fun.

Nothing new on Anthony, no one in the family has heard from him, or his idiot mother, so he must still be alive. What a mess.

Love & prayers for all and especially for our country.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 8:47 am

Happy birthday SUNNY! hope ya have a great day!

Raining here all night long, a good steady soaking rain...much needed to keep the pasture growing....everytime it rains you can see it get green and fresh and grow a bit more even in the cooler temps at night.

Hubby has neurology appt today....

Am so looking forward to our thanksgiving trip to jessis....see the granddaughters, get my hands on baby Harper.....

Trudy, maybe one day he will come around....I know my girls were giving me grey hair at that age....but they came around....it sure is hard on us that love them tho.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 11:44 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SUNNY!!! :dance:
Hope you have a wonderful birthday!!

Whew, it is cold in the mornings lately, heavy frost. The afternoons are nice in the 60s. We went to Lori' s demo last night. She did a musical freestyle routine with her mustang, Tonto. She rode bareback and bridleless in much of it. Tonto is 11 years old and was caught in Oregon when he was a year-long. Lori has had him since he was 2. He did great! Fun evening!

I got up at 5:30 a.m. this morning to get ready for the carpenter. Just before 8a.m., he called and cancelled due to a carpentry emergency. Just after 8 a.m., Donnie's boss called and asked him to come in because of one of their work related emergencies.... Rolling Eyes No work on the house today. I could have slept in..... tongue
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: November 2015   November 2015 - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

November 2015
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next