Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

March 2017

Go down 
+3
cb
Graymare
Ark
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
cb

March 2017 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: March 2017   March 2017 - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 20, 2017 2:40 am

Ack...i hate losing my posts into cyberspace....just hlad u r alright and you will post again and tell us whatcha been up to...holdin u to that! Lol.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: March 2017   March 2017 - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 20, 2017 10:48 am

I sure hope this goes............our gang has a new challenge this summer at camp........................

https://i.imgur.com/2SvpTAA.gifv
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: March 2017   March 2017 - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 20, 2017 10:52 am

I sent it to everyone in camp so they can practice................hysterical. Our major problem will be the two summers it will take to build the teeter totter............

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: March 2017   March 2017 - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 20, 2017 10:57 am

Looks like an ouchie in the making..... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: March 2017   March 2017 - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 20, 2017 11:29 am

I already got one response saying thought it was a bit stupid but he votes for it as it beats a nursing home..............I wrote back it might put us all there! He wrote back saying that was OK as we could really raise some he ll then. He said we could buy our own bus...............
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: March 2017   March 2017 - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 20, 2017 12:45 pm

Beech, we're holding you to your promise. Glad to see you post even a little bit.

Graymare, I'd like to see a bunch of younger people try that. I don't think they could do it either. That's really funny.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: March 2017   March 2017 - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 21, 2017 12:32 am

Yikes, those guys looked like living dominoes coming off that teeter-totter!  Hopefully they all got up and laughed it off! Laughing

BEECH:
 Well.......???  Very Happy

Lori and I took Ivan and Areion to the New River Trail today.  It was great weather on the first day of spring!  We rode 10 miles in 2 1/2 hours.  It would have been faster if we hadn't had to walk thru Greater Downtown Allisonia (think smaller than Mayberry) and then across a very long bridge coming and going, then being spooked by a turkey on a cliff over our heads who was trying to get thru a barbed wire fence and flapping around about 10 feet from us, then having to stop after some chunks of ice fell off a very high cliff in front of us, spooking the horses nicely.   We had to walk them past that and the killer turkey.  It was a fairly eventful ride despite only seeing three people on the entire 10 mile ride.   Ivan seemed more tired than Areion, but I do think his nerves work against him.  Areion was bright and perky all the way home.  We are getting better at these fast rides.  Only three weeks left until we take them to S.C.!   affraid

March 2017 - Page 6 Img_2011

March 2017 - Page 6 Img_2010
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: March 2017   March 2017 - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 21, 2017 1:14 am

ARK...........hey, great ride & pictures. Glad you had fun.........You're getting fit and close to your ride...........WAY fun.

Well, we all tried to figure out the teeter totter trick and figured it's a bunch
of stunt men/women. So we scratched the teeter totter idea for softball competition. Right. Can't you just see it? "Hay batter batter batter." "Huh?"
"Who, me?" We'll just stick with quads & hiking & fishing............Oh, and what we do best.......EAT.

Everyone have a good evening.................Prayers for ALL.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: March 2017   March 2017 - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 21, 2017 9:33 pm

Ark, it looks like it was a nice day for a ride. Glad you had a good ride, in spite of a few little spooks.

It's finally beginning to look a little like spring here. The snow is gone. The tulips are struggling. We'll see if any buds start showing up.

Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: March 2017   March 2017 - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 21, 2017 11:25 pm

95 here today, lots of flowers out, irises, daffadils, purple flowering small trees all over.
Watched harper tonight, she wore us out! I found a lil 12 inch bike, pink and purple, with pink training wheels, she rode it back and forth back and forth....whewwww...might not have been my smartest gift...lol....
She is sound asleep now....hubby went home with the dogs, and i am staying the night. I probably wont sleep well....ill be listening for harper. Mom comes home tomorrow, = happy harper!
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: March 2017   March 2017 - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 22, 2017 7:32 am

What a difference a week makes. 55 degrees and sunshine yesterday. YIPPEEEEE most of the snow is going going gone.

ARK: Love the photos of your trail rides. They make my heart smile. Ride on for us who don't have horses any longer.

Off to visit a sick friend today. She grew up on the farm we own, and has great stories of living here in the 50's & 60's.

Keep thinking spring...that's my game plan.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: March 2017   March 2017 - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 22, 2017 2:03 pm

Hey hey hey....detective called, he found my saddle and harrys farrier box at a pawn shop....still missing many items, but am happy to be able to retrieve some of items, and yes im pressing charges. I would give anyone anything i could to help, food, pay a power bill, buy clothes...but i understand this person has made stealing his career...i wont feel bad at all getting him off the streets.
Taking horses for coggins tests tomorrow.  
85 today....10 percent chance of rain last night, it poured, thunder, lightning too for hours. Weather guy here is so awesomely wrong all the time!  Its become a joke.
Insurance is amending estimate and mailing check. Their claims guy sai 1937, the guy who is fixing it said 3975. Yikes. Hope the battle is over now and we can get it fixed. 
Thats news from sunny texas.
Beech, oooh beech....
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: March 2017   March 2017 - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 22, 2017 3:54 pm

Hooray, CB! At least they actually looked for your stuff. Really glad they found your saddle. So often, the police are too busy and overworked to try to find things. And yes, get the guy off the street for a while. I've always been in favor of the three strikes laws. Those who decide to make stealing a career, need to pay big.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: March 2017   March 2017 - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 22, 2017 5:45 pm

CB
wavy wavy Hurray!  I am so glad your saddle was found!  Stealing someone's personal saddle is sooooo low.  So who is the thief?   What a dummy to take it to a pawn shop so fast.   rake

I have lost track of what the insurance settlement was for.  What got damaged?

GRAYMARE:
 I kind of want to try that teeter-totter. Very Happy I'll wear my riding vest and helmet....

Okay, so this cracked me up:   hysterical

March 2017 - Page 6 17240310
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: March 2017   March 2017 - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 22, 2017 6:02 pm

The insurance claim was on our truck camper from wind damage, the underside of the cab over part, seams got wobbled apart and sagged. We hit terrible winds in utah and all the way home
This saddle, i dont ride in it...i use to, but we use lightweight cordura saddles now. This saddle was a custom made jim flynn saddle made for me in the 80s. The saddle maker is gone now.
The detective said i gave good descriptions of stolen items.
I wasnt given persons name....not until they call me to press charges. Det. Said this person has made stealing from others his career.
I wont get it back for up to 3 weeks....sigh.
The wheels turn slowly....
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: March 2017   March 2017 - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 22, 2017 6:14 pm

YAY CB..............what great news.............

TRUDY.....................Yes, THINK SPRING!!! cheers cheers cheers

Back later.....T V guy here changing disc on roof. I guess ours is too old for new TV so they're changing everything.............Direct TV.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: March 2017   March 2017 - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 22, 2017 7:55 pm

A couple of weeks ago, I got the usual bill from DirecTV plus about $40 from the previous month. I called and told them I was going to have to disconnect because I couldn't afford the new amount. Long story short, they reduced my bill by $25 a month. They REALLY don't want to lose customers. Although, they are a little harder to deal with since they were taken over by AT&T. I wish that hadn't happened. I'm happy with Direct, but if they keep raising the rates, I'll switch to another company for the introductory rates. I know some people change service every couple of years to keep the price down.

That's a special saddle CB. I'm so glad you got it back.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: March 2017   March 2017 - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 23, 2017 3:50 pm

Where'd everybody go?
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: March 2017   March 2017 - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 23, 2017 6:02 pm

Got coggins on the horsies, both liaded great, stood great, behaved really well. Got harper a radio flyer bouncy spring horse for her birthday, she will be home shortly. Wish id had one of these instead of sticks for my horse as a kid...
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: March 2017   March 2017 - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 23, 2017 7:22 pm

I had a really small wooden rocking horse that rocked for hundreds of miles.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: March 2017   March 2017 - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 24, 2017 2:19 am

We had rain last night and early morning......very windy and nice today..........moderately cloudy.  Oh boy, the weeds are thriving.

Well, so are the horses..........time is on their side..........I can't 
ride both enough to keep two fit.  I have no complaints, I rode endlessly for years............these two follow me around like they're dogs and nip each other so each can have attn. It's funny.

We've had good service from Direct TV over the years, and, yes, we got a price reduction, also, in 2016.  We only get the movie channels when they offer a trial for 90 days.  Then on day 89 we cancel the trial.

Hope all are well..............od bless.  Prayers for ALL.
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: March 2017   March 2017 - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 24, 2017 5:47 am

Busy day yesterday. The plumber returned and put a filter on our water system. Turned out he is a Nam Vet too so he & George had lots of war stories to talk about. And they say we women talk a lot. HAHA Get two old Vets together and try to get a word in edgewise. Not going to happen

Of course, our faucet started working right after he left last week, so we didn't change it. Murphy's law. I'm sure it will stop working any day now.

The truck that towed my son's truck to the garage broke down on the way there. I swear that truck of his is a bad penny to anyone who dares to touch it. It has been nothing but trouble since he bought it. I'll be so happy to see it go down the road and never return.

Looks like we are getting rain too and lot of it. 8 out of 10 days are forecasting rain. Better than snow for 8 days.

We have Dish since 2008, had to upgrade this year when we bought new TV's to HD. WOW what a difference HD makes. It's not cheap though and I wonder if it is really worth it. We have one of the smallest packages no HBO or any fancy channels

I bought a little wooden rocking horse for $5 at a sale for the grandkids 18 years ago and had it refinished. He still sits in the living room, all the grandkids rode the heck outta him. I guess it may be time to pass him onto one of the great daughters.

Have a good weekend everyone..
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: March 2017   March 2017 - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 24, 2017 10:30 am

Hooray! Another sign of spring. The migrating loons are back. We usually have one or two that land on this lake to rest and feed before going on to wherever they go. They hang around for a week or so and then move on. I'd seen wood ducks a couple of weeks ago. Sometimes, we get hooded mergansers, coots, black ducks, and a couple of other travelers.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: March 2017   March 2017 - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 24, 2017 11:22 am

Aha! Insurance check for balance has been mailed, can order parts and get er done....we want to be on the road right after i see my endocrinologist on april 28.
I think texas skipped spring went right into summer...lots of flowering bushes, and flowers everywhere, even roses blooming. Mowing the tard today...for second time this year.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: March 2017   March 2017 - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 24, 2017 5:42 pm

Nice day here, 72 degrees!  Going to be the same tomorrow, but then rain on Sunday.  Half the weekend will be nice! So we are taking Ivan and Areion back to the New River Trail for another 12 mile ride on Saturday, probably the last long ride before their trip to S.C. in TWO WEEKS!!! affraid   I have so much to do to get ready for a little trip.  Dog is going into a kennel, neighbors are going to take care of Daisy and ponies and cats and birds.   Daisy will not be a happy camper with Ivan and Areion gone for 4 days.  I have to figure out how to camp out in our new old trailer and not starve, freeze, roast or get sleep deprivation.   People do this for fun.... I keep reminding myself of that.   I have all the paperwork to cross state lines, shots for all who need them,  ride forms sent in,  and ONLY have to get my house clean enough to not be embarrassed to death.  That will take the rest of the time.

I had a stick horse, a black one.  My sister, Vicki, had a red one.  When my brother came along, 5 years later, he got one of those springy rocking horses that I was too big to ride.  I loved that thing.... He would ride that pony so hard it would bounce across the room.  Laughing   Anyone remember the first actual horse they ever rode? I was plopped onto a bony farm horse when I was about 4. I thought it was the finest horse in the land. I bet they wouldn't have put me on it if they knew what they were starting, a life long horse bug.

Right now I am trying to cook the following recipe:
http://comfortablefood.com/recipe/cheesy-rigatoni-pasta-bake/

March 2017 - Page 6 Cheese10

Since I don't have one of those kinds of pans, my cheesy rigatoni pasta may be a little less upright.   Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: March 2017   March 2017 - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 24, 2017 5:55 pm

My stick horse was a big branch off a tree, but in my mind he was black, and his name was fury of course. My first one i actually rode was a cousins plow horse, we use to ride 5 on his back up and diwn hills. First time i rode i was 3 and i do rember my cousin and i only last 3 seconds befire we got dumped in the turkey pen! At that age thry terrified me floppin and jumpin around on us and over us...i remember it everytime i see a black turkey.
Have fun on ur ride, will u have power hookup and extension cord? Ive slept on plastic lounge foldup kind in my horse trailer before. Package of wet ones to sponge bath ....u r living the good life if there r outhouses! Lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: March 2017   March 2017 - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

March 2017
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next