Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

APRIL 2017

Go down 
+4
Manygatess
Graymare
cb
Ark
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Graymare

APRIL 2017 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 11, 2017 6:34 pm

TRUDY, big congrats on your well being fine. That's a HUGE relief.
Enjoy that sweet little Easter bundle....it will be a fun day.

We have no big plans for Easter. Family coming the following week.............

ARK...............great pics.........Have you recovered? OK, next time 50...............
You're doing great!!!

ELLEN, did you see the news re a gold locket belonging to a Clark from England.........it has been recovered from the Titanic.........HURRY, it might now be yours now.

CB, sounds like you're ready to go.

No News here. God bless. Prayers for all..............

Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 11, 2017 11:21 pm

Rode my bike for 30 minutes today. Getting easier, but i really need a gel seat......my butt hurts. Bike seats are to small!

Not much else going on, weather is great.

Ark, how ya doin?
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 11, 2017 11:23 pm

Trudy, I'm really glad your well is okay.  My cousins were having trouble with theirs all last summer.  They finally got somebody to look at it who actually knew what he was doing and got it cleaned.

No, I haven't see the story about the Clark locket on the Titanic.  I'll look up that story.  As far as I know none of my ancestors were on the Titanic.  
There was one ancestor 300 years before on the Mayflower.  He fell overboard, grabbed a trailing sail, and was pulled back aboard.

CB, you might try a pair of bike pants. They have an extra padded seat built in that helps a little bit. There are also gel covers that go on over the regular seat. I used to ride a bike a lot, 20, 30 miles at a time. The seats were miserable. That was 30 years ago. I don't know how those Tour de France guys ride those rails like they do. They must have calluses.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 12, 2017 12:02 am

I am getting better. Today my leg muscles finally stopped making me nearly scream when I went up or down steps, they have relaxed. Thank goodness. I am still sore, but much better.

GRAYMARE:
Nope, I don't see a 50 miler in my future! Yikes! affraid I might do more 25 milers, though. Lori seems to be fine, she is pretty tough. She rode her mustang bareback yesterday. I couldn't straddle a collie. Really. Laughing

The horses seem to be fine. We are taking them to a new trail on Friday, called Dismal Falls Park. It's about 20 miles from here and is a forested hilly trail along a creek or river or something.. I have never seen it, but Jane the endurance rider goes there fairly often. The Friday ride will be a relaxed, easy ride. Not every ride has to be a fast one. I hope Ivan buys that line....

Donnie has Friday off for Good Friday! wavy

ThunderPuff still has a bladder problem. He is going in for an ultrasound tomorrow to make sure he doesn't have a blockage. He doesn't seem to have an infection, but does have crystals in his urine. No more dry food for him, he is on a wet food diet now.

TRUDY:
Great that you don't have to dig a new well! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 12, 2017 2:08 am

Hi. It's late. I dozed off and now woke up (well, late for me)............sleep now fails me. It's 9:45P..........LOL

So, I'll let you know the trouble my friends got into yesterday. I got a call about 11:30A getting invited out to lunch. A couple of the Blah blahs were taking Broken Elbows to lunch. I was way south so couldn't get home to make it. So, now four of them plus Elbows are off to Old Scottsdale to restaurant hop. Elbow's husband was livid when they showed up at 10P to drop Elbows off. She called me today to say they had a great time, but she was/is so tired today could do nothing..........but she did tell Hubby she slept in the car all the way home......Glad I wasn't with them as they're on the sh it list. Elbows is on house arrest. Ha, if you knew Elbows and her husband that will last until tomorrow.

Today's question: LOL, other than that, how was your was your lunch Hubs?

Honestly, they're all an example of "God takes care of fools"...........BUT, must say, sorry I missed it. They ate different desserts all day long..........

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 12, 2017 11:04 am

I'm glad to hear that Elbows is doing better, well enough to cause some trouble. Very Happy

Ark, I am familiar with that fear of pain going up and down steps after a long ride. Very Happy Haven't had that feeling in a very long time. I miss it.

To my surprise, my tulips have survived the early sprouting and the cold weather after that. They have some huge leaves, but the flower stems are shorter than usual. There are great big buds on them that should open up over the next few days.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 12, 2017 3:46 pm

Ack#!$@%÷×+€₩¥\/# hives!
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 12, 2017 5:47 pm

Oh yuk, CB.

Oh boy. Elbows called me.........I was in Walmart. She is really heated. Hubs went to the grocery around 9A after mass...............he still wasn't home. Hasn't called her either and hasn't answered his cell. Hmmmmmmm. Goose is off while gander is sitting home..................This is seriously getting funny................I asked her if she was hurting or needed anything...............she said "I'm SO pissed" is all................Then I asked if she wanted me to come pick her up and go for a treat. LOL, she said she is too tired. I said: "Ya think?" Ha, told her I'd be over later for the blow up. She has a huge temper..........hubs does not. He's a "gourmet" type shopper and will go all over trying to find things. I'll get the scoop. Told Elbows we need to write this up for Saturday Nite Live.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 12, 2017 6:04 pm

Hope she didnt need the bathroom. Think he may be revenging a bit for her being gone so long yesterday.

Only have them on one foot now...ugh!

Going for bike ride....

Planning our stops for trip....some reasonably priced, others i have found really high.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 12, 2017 6:24 pm

:dance:  :dance:  :dance:

Happy Birthday, ROSE!!!

APRIL 2017 - Page 3 Roseyh11

:dance: :dance:  :dance:

Hope you are having a great one!  
Nice looking horse you got there!  sunny
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 12, 2017 6:39 pm

GRAYMARE
 Wow, Elbows is getting around pretty good for someone with broken wings!  Your Blah Blahs sound like a great bunch of folks!   Are you going to the mountains this year?

ELLEN:
 I am so much better today! cheers   I can start thinking of getting back on Ivan again now.  If my entire body was as in as good of shape as my legs are, I would look terrific.  Sadly, I am in shape from the legs down.  Laughing  
 I have three tulips in my yard!  And the apple tree is blooming like crazy.  I hope we don't get any more cold weather, I would like to dehydrate a bunch of apples this year.  I have a few jars left from last year that I have been savoring.  

CB:
 Are you going to PA?  Is this a family visit or are you on vacation?  What causes your hives?  Donnie gets them when he is exposed to horse hair/dust too much.  Not a good thing when he has to trim their feet.

ROSE:
 Tell us what is going on with you and your horse, please!  

I just got back from picking ThunderPuff up at the vet's office.  Turns out he doesn't have a blockage, just a bunch of crystals that are irritating his bladder.  He is now on a special canned catfood that are supposed to dissolve the crystals and incidentally, make him lose weight.  He won't like that second part.  I hope this cures it, his bladder is getting very expensive.  

Shadow the dog is back in the groove here after his near week at the boarding place.  His teeth are clean and shiny, and they gave him a bath.  I suspect he is happy to be home where he can run in the pastures and roll in whatever he wants.

Oh!  I found out LAST NIGHT where those pigs came from.  There is a family who apparently has 'free range' pigs on their 160 acres of land and advertises the pork.  They are two hills over and about a half mile from here.  Those pigs just cruised on off their property on their own.  I found out on FaceBook when they also advertised a huge weekend party they are going to give with a couple of dozen bands.  We heard their party last year very well... Rolling Eyes These folks are stuck in the '60s ....
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 12, 2017 10:11 pm

It sounds like a loud party and fun, id go. I like the 60s music.  Stayed clear of other stuff that was popular then tho Rolling Eyes
Glad u r feeling better. I know exactly what u mean. 
This is our trip for the summer...

Hives gone finally. Went on our bike ride.  Hope the effort helps....and the diet.

Trudy im glad your well will be fine, too. That can get spendy.

Not much happenin here....
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 13, 2017 1:36 am

Their music isn't stuck in the 60s, they are. They would be considered 'long haired hippy freaks' back then. Now they are just whacky. Their weekend long party costs $35 per person, kids are discouraged due to possible high, naked folks running around. Rolling Eyes Their own little Woodstock.

The funny thing is, we actually bought 25 acres of their land back in 1997, sold it 18 months later and bought this place a half mile away. The 1000 people attending the party drive right thru our former property. I am soooo glad we didn't keep that land! The noise is bad enough from the bands here, it would really be loud next door to them.

And now they have free ranging pigs.... shrug
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 13, 2017 2:16 am

It could be quite entertaining.... Razz
Good thing you moved. I love to people watch, sounds like the party might be quite hilarious. Or baldy. Embarassed
Well its time to get some.beauty sleep, sweet dreams everyone.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 13, 2017 11:59 am

ARK, it's good to know where the pigs came from............next time you'll know.
As for the party......too wild for me.

Went over to Elbows' last evening to take ice cream.. Common Sense is fine. He
is busy planning a cruise for 2018. I asked if it was for two. He laughed and said "no, 14". He wants everyone to go.........I asked to where. He said "who cares", just someplace.............LOL. Checking prices, etc...............Elbow's L arm doesn't hurt as much as her right...........LOL, today, Common Sense is gong to Total Wine. I asked him of he was applying for a job there or buying 10 cases of wine............its a long 6-8 weeks. Elbows rolled her eyes & TL, me & Common Sense laughed. I'm off duty today.
I think Common Sense & Elbows are going to the movies (right next to the wine store).
None of our gang are big cruisers, just fun to look & think about. As for the wine, time will tell how Common Sense holds up. Shocked Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 13, 2017 2:49 pm

Inside waiting for vet......spring shots at my house............2 or 3 other trailers coming in, also..............greatly reduces cost.............

BUT, one GREAT thing this morning while out doing chores. Friend boards next door. She is in the lower age group of riders from our age group but goes on the same rides, 52 now. Her husband is a quad from being run over in a police stop 13 years ago. He was the policeman. Guess what!!! He has basically been homebound for 13 yrs. Yesterday drove his new van to Tucson and back solo!!! God is still in the miracle business...........For the first 8-9 years he was always very seriously ill, then slowly got better and better...................that's our happy story for today.

cheers cheers cheers

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 13, 2017 10:00 pm

TL & I went to the movie this afternoon, also..........go see "Going In Style"
it's great and esp. for our age range. Elbows bought a new computer today.
Hers was old and blew up................we all had a good afternoon.

Now it's somebody else's turn to write...........
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 13, 2017 10:31 pm

Graymare, the fact that the guy can drive again is just wonderful!  Yes.  Miracles do still happen.

I am enjoying the saga of Elbows and Common Sense.
I went on one cruise over 20 years ago and enjoyed it. I liked having a floating hotel that took all my stuff from port to port for a week.
Some of the newer cruise ships are soooo huge, I think I would prefer to go on a smaller vessel next time.

Today, I went to get my haircut.  My cousin went with me to the hair dresser; they are friends.  After the haircut, we went to a small local place and shared a little pizza.  
On my way home, I took a bit of a detour and stopped to visit with the neighbors who moved from here last year.  We had a good visit.  Then, on home.
All in all, it was a very nice day.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 13, 2017 11:08 pm

Nuthin happenin here ....im spending the night at jessis as daycare is closed tomorrow for good friday...ill be.here when harper wakes up and parents can toodle off to work. 
Quiet day today, thunder and lightning last night from 3 am til 7 am. Quite a light show. Very cloudy today, but 79 for our high.
Get to play with harper all day tomorrow.... yay!
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 13, 2017 11:10 pm

Happy anniversary Ark and Donnie! Hope you did something special!
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 14, 2017 8:05 am

Happy Anniversary Ark & Donnie...

A couple busy couple of days here. Dashing about getting supplies for the big Easter dinner. Of course, I keep forget things so have to make more trips to the store. Dang it. If I would only LOOK at the list I carry with me before I leave the store. HAHAHAHA

At our Barnabas groups we each told our favorite Easter story. Here is mine. My cousins and I got colored peeps (remember when they colored the peeps back in the 50's?). Anyway I named mine peep Lucille, she stayed at my Gram's with the other peep. I watched her grow and become a big chicken. One day I went to Gram's and she was gone, I asked my Gram "where is Lucille?" and she said the words I shall never forget. "In Katherine's freezer". WHAT???? I didn't eat chicken and didn't forgive my Gram for years. Now I can laugh about it but back then it was not funny. They should have warned us!!!

Have a blessed Easter weekend everyone.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 14, 2017 11:16 am

Hi TRUDY.  Loved your story.  Kids are so simple and sweet.  I think I was 4, but remember this........I couldn't find any eggs and at Sunday School told my teacher "Jesus is mean".  I don't remember what my teacher  said but my mom talked to me a lot about that.  I remember that. I never could figure out the rabbit as they have nothing to do with eggs..................so now I wonder. Kids...............
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 14, 2017 11:20 am

Oh, ARK & DONNIE, hope your special day was great...........many more happy anniversaries to you.

ROSE, belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY.  I sure wish you would write us.

BEECH, you must be too busy with spring flings but try to write us.
Back to top Go down
Rose

Rose

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 14, 2017 2:42 pm

Happy Anniversary to Donnie and Diane, a wonderful couple :dance:.  Thanks for the Birthday wishes, how did I get to be 71?  Maybe my birth certificate is wrong hey????
Cross is doing great, except the big boy is darn near 15hh now!  He's got so much Gypsy hair that has not shed out yet, I'm helping him but it's going to take many hours/days and then I have to start on my Inky boy (he hasn't sold yet and I'm not fretting over that).  Inky is still my baby!  I've been so darn busy after my bronchitis spell.  Petsitting  3 different places and helping the Mutt and Mittens Rescue and Transport.  Trying really hard to earn a little extra to help Robin, she has not been able to find a job yet and doesn't have money for car payment, board for Willow and Noah's tuition.  Ya'll please offer up prayers, humming, and/or positive thoughts for an interview she has next Wednesday at the University of SC.  Pay is good and they would help with tuition for her to work towards her Masters.  Meanwhile I'll continue to work and try to help her. Crying or Very sad
Cross will go into saddle training next month cheers and I'll be trail riding in June :dance: Lori and I are going to ride in Lee State Park this summer and anyplace else we can!  Lee has a lot of rides and other activities!  Cannot wait.  Maybe we can do the beach ride too in the future!  I'd love that!
Okay, sorry about this long post, will write again soon, hopefully with happy news after Robin's interview Wednesday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Please, positive thoughts and prayers!  Hugs all around!
Back to top Go down
Rose

Rose

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 14, 2017 2:53 pm

Need to add this, Cross's half sister (same dam, different sires) born on my Birthday, Wednesday, 12th) has 2 blue eyes! Now we know where Cross got his. cheers
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 14, 2017 11:05 pm

Rose, it's always good to hear from you. It has to be exciting to get closer to riding your own horse on trails again.
Big prayers for Robin's successful job hunt.

Graymare, any new adventures of Elbows and Common Sense and the Trouble Gang today?

It was a really nice day, warm and not windy. I got to open the door today to let in the fresh air. Love to do that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

APRIL 2017
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next