Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

July 2012

Go down 
+15
Graymare
Karen E. Teague
silverdancer
Indyapp
sunny 57
WV Witch
Rick Angell
Manygatess
Ol'Man
Santa
Carol W
Eileen
Ellen E
cb
Ark
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Rick Angell

July  2012 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2012   July  2012 - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 10:09 pm

ARK...last nite I was at Ex.258 / I40 in TN....30 - 45 minutes (??) east of Nashville. I "saw" your question, but the "service" turned off like flicking a switch. I'm purely guessing here, but I think another driver somewhere on the lot had some sort of "wifi" through a cell service. Maybe/maybe not...but I "borrowed" a little time while I could..

Today, I tried to call you several times starting around 11:30, but no answer. I was hoping to get a "double lunch date" with you and ANNIE. I delivered east of Harrisonburg and drove down to Lynchburg with 15 minutes driving time to spare....100% legal. 626 miles today. Right now, I am in a "junk yard" to be loaded in the morning with some sort of "residue" to carry to Anniston, AL next week... RECYCLE metal!! I am TRULY SURPRISED to have wifi signal (3 out of 4 bars...flickering to 4 bars). My instructions are to get this loaded and GO HOME!!

Snoop is wondering about the "junk yard dog" Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Love to all....Rick and the Junk yard SNOOP

Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: July 2012   July  2012 - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 12:01 am

I'm flabberghasted! Is that why when I have trucks parked up on the ramp, that I have all these services listed on my page, they are borrowing from my wifi cell service! HOLY COW! gee whiz....

All the critters are fed and watered with nice fresh cold water and its about time for the news and book and a bed!

Why does going shopping tire one out so much .......getting old really truly sucks!

Sweet dreams yall.....moooooooo
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: July 2012   July  2012 - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 2:01 am

Hi all,

Sounds like you are really "on the move" RICKSTER.......I'm sure you'll be glad to get home.

TRUDY, thanks for a good report on SAM/ANN..............give her our best.

OMG you guys............Faith looks like a balooned fat tick..........we're talking REALLY happy out with her friends.
Anyhow, she is fine and will return to work in Sept........I so love a group of horses peacefully being horses.........scratching each other, standing head to tail swishing flies, just munching quietly in a field. It was a happy day. She came to stand with me, asked for her favorite scratches, and mumbled hello and good bye......she is so dear.
I get so delighted to see her a truly rehabilitated horse from fear and no trust etc to truly seemingly happy. Even her now expression is different. When she gets home I will thin her down, fit her up, have her shod again (feet are only trimmed now)and off we'll go..............not sure if we'll be chasing cattle or rainbows, but we'll be off somewhere in the soulful world of people and horses.

DONNA, so good to see you............gosh. It's hard to believe your girls aare almost grown......you have been a grandmother par excellence. Tracy would be SO proud..........

No other news here. It's Arizona in the summer here in the valley so HOT is the drill.

God bless. Prayers for ALL.

Back to top Go down
Donna

Donna

PostSubject: Re: July 2012   July  2012 - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 7:34 am

Morning folks....

Let me try this again. I tried to send a post just now and I could not find the send button.
Back to top Go down
Donna

Donna

PostSubject: Re: July 2012   July  2012 - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 7:35 am

Tried to attach a picture and it didn't show. What am I not doing?
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: July 2012   July  2012 - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 8:14 am

Hi DONNA!
You are probably forgetting to press the button next to the "Browse" button that says "Submit Query". That should download your photo from your computer and you won't have to use ImageShack as a go-between. Try that and let me know if you are having any other problems.

It's great to see you here, I have missed you! It has been hot here, too. I took a lesson at 7 pm last night to avoid the daytime heat and still nearly melted from the humidity.

TRUDY:
Thanks for the Ann update! Wow, all this from picking up her dog? Poor Ann.... hug

INDYAPP:
Glad you got some rain! I hope you get more, but no flooding. Seems to be feast or famine a lot of the time. When is your test? Good luck!

GRAYMARE:
I bet Faith is a happy clam! I wish I could leave my horses out on pasture all day. They are so much happier then, but our grass makes them too fat, too fast, then feet problems. Rolling Eyes It's always something. Your summer sounds very productive and fun! Do a lot of your gang go to the mountains for the summer?

CB:
Right now the NATRC rides are better suited for me, too. Unfortunately, there aren't many around this area. If they were having a 25 mile endurance ride, I'd be tempted to try, but they are having a 30 mile one and I don't want to push Ivan or myself quite that hard yet. Ivan is really developing into a powerful guy, but I want him to last a long time, so taking time to get him in shape is probably a better thing to do for him. I used to think the 6-7 mile Actha rides were hard and now they seem like a piece of cake!

KAREN:
How are you doing? Just jump in and join the conversation. We want you to feel at home!

RICK:
Annie and I were at the barn until 1 pm, then went grocery shopping. We also went to the Dollar store, which she loves. Sorry I missed your call. If you know a day in advance that you might be here, I will make sure to carry my cellphone and not miss your call....I tend to forget to take it with me.

CB:
You have wifi? I may have to park on that ramp, too! Laughing I go to Wendy's parking lot to use their wifi about twice a week. One must catch it where one can! Very Happy

Donnie's getting ready to go to work, guess I'll have to give up his cellphone internet connection. I really hope they get some service out this way soon!
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: July 2012   July  2012 - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 8:50 am

Ark, have you heard of Hughesnet? It's a satellite internet service. That might be what you need.
Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

PostSubject: Re: July 2012   July  2012 - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 9:41 am

I'll be heading up to Chicago tomorrow. Going to take the commuter train from South Bend so I don't have to deal with the traffic. Down side to taking the train is it takes longer. Test begins on Friday with a 4 hour session, then two three hour sessions on Saturday. After the test I have to catch the train and head home. Will make for a really long day. Probably should have sprang for another night in Chicago but was too cheap.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: July 2012   July  2012 - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 11:37 am

INDY. good luck on your testing............one thing about the train is, you can doze, read, or listen to music on the way home. Buy a small pizza and a coke in the station and eat your way home........................... Very Happy In the meantime, we'l all be rooting for you.

ARK, yes, many of my horse friends are up in the mtns...............so, right now, our horses are eating away, and so are we...................... Rolling Eyes

THanks for the info on the easy way to get a photo up. I can't wait to see the girls, DONNA.

Later gators.......God bless. Prayers for ALL.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: July 2012   July  2012 - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 12:28 pm

Ark, I have a small laptop that works on a cell phone nu
mber of its own...I guess that is wifi, I don't know for sure!
I can understand about waiting until you both are in shape for endurance rides. There should be some AERC rides in your area too. Use to be...but I've been gone off the east side now for a number of years.

Graymare, tell us more about your mountain retreat? Does everyone have a camper, or cabin or what? Me bein' nosey!

INDYAPP, wishing you best of luck on your test and trip...you go youngster...(Ijust had to say that ya know!)

Eileen<someone posted a summer itch recipe on American Trail Rider site, it has Calm Itch, Campho-Phenique, tea tree oil, and vaseline in it...they say it works great...since I can't post this message on Happy Hoofers site. for some reason....

If any of you would like to join either of these sites we can send you the addy...they are both horsey sites.

Havn't heard of any close fires, that's good news. They started working on the bridge last night at 3 a.m. bright lights came on and lit up my house, I thought a bomb or fire or something was HAPPENING...dang that brings ya out of a sound sleep in a heck of a hurry! Dogs bark when they shoot those bright lights on too! I think it scares them also, I will be SO DANG GLAD when the work is done on that bridge...before I shoot someone! Lack of sleep is telling on me!

DONNA, good to have you here! Stick around we love hearing from you!

Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: July 2012   July  2012 - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 2:08 pm

I made it...into the house about 12:30pm and my week of "trucking" is done. Boss called me to tell me to "go home".... I was already headed that way. He said he's had a good week and I'm glad for him.

Love to all...Rick and a tired Snoop
Back to top Go down
Carol W

Carol W

PostSubject: Re: July 2012   July  2012 - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 4:32 pm

Good Luck on your tests Indy!!!!

A rainy .... HUMID .... day here. Rain is good. Humidity, not so much!!!! LOL Corn fields though are hAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!!!! Corn loves this kind of weather. Hope nothing wrecks the crops here in my little neck of the woods. Hay is in short supply, but part of that is because we had very little snow cover last winter and some of it winter killed. Bad news for the hay crops.
Back to top Go down
sunny 57

sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: July 2012   July  2012 - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 7:33 pm

good luck on your tests Indy, it has been rainy the last two days here then it is supposed to get hot and sticky, I dred those days Ibarely get out of the house as it is and even less when it is humid, I don't go near the pool untill 7:30 or 8p.m when the sun is down far enough to not burn me. Kent's brother finaly talked to him and now he realizes that if he does nothing he will end up paying a lot in the long run so we shall see if he helps or not we have our fingers crossed but not counting on it
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: July 2012   July  2012 - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 8:35 pm

Sunny, that is good news...just hope he will help. Wonder what made him call....but that is a start in the right direction anyway.

ELLEN:I can't get Hughes Net here...i can get something called Wild Blue tho...but I am happy with my phone/laptop as I can use it wherever my phone work

99 here today...not quite as humid tho so that is good thing.

Rick, how long ya gonna be home for? Are you thinking retirement might be a really good thing about now! or do you think you will miss the road now that it has
gotten its hooks back in ya!

Well, guess I will straighten up in here...ya never know when one may get a visitor....and right now I have piles of papers, one here one there....etc...trying to sort thru this paper stuff...ugh...hate doing this, I"m not very organized..

Went out a coupeof hours ago and gave everyone fresh water....and the doxies all came running and jumped into their water tanks....they love the water...good thing they have a clean 3 gallon dishpan of water in the bedroom where they can drink clean water anytime they want! They thinkk those outside ones are for plaing and cooling down! LOL
pale I kinda sorta feel like this today...
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: July 2012   July  2012 - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 1:02 am

CB, you wrote: "...or do you think you will miss the road now that it has
gotten its hooks back in ya!"

MY response: Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

I'm REALLY gonna lean on him to "replace" me....yes, I've kinda/sorta had fun, but my days of trucking really ended May 7, 2010 @ 12:30PM.

Love to all...Rick
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: July 2012   July  2012 - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 12:14 pm

RICK, I think Harry feels same way...things are crazy out there on the roads, more so than even a few years ago..he says he may work part time when we get moved but never back over the road jobs.

It was very warm at 8 am...had to turn the swamper on early this morning....spose to have thunderstorms again today so we'll see....

Well, back to work...I never did get to those papers, not much anyway...so gotta get 'er done.

Have a fun day y'all.

INDY APP, I lost your address when I had to sign back in a while ago....and I want to get your lil package in the mail, you and Ellen, and TallyPAM, need yours too, I know you moved recently.

INDYAPP, my thoughts will be with you for the test.
Back to top Go down
Eileen

Eileen

PostSubject: Re: July 2012   July  2012 - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 12:39 pm

CB thanks for the tip regrading the summer itch thing...I will try anything. Right now the horse seems a little better, the hair is growing back and he does not seem to be making any new sore areas...got my fingers crossed on that one. One thing I did do differently this summer because of the heat I have kept them in the barn during the hottest part of the days, and only out for a few hours if I can find a cool time to do that. Keeps me on my toes. I also have been trying some new fang dangled Organic stuff that I spray on his itchies so not sure what is working. It keeps us guessing doesn't it. I am going to try that little recipe though will try and have it already mixed for the next time, and we all know that there will be a next time.
We are in the midst of a big all day downpour in my little corner of the world...nothing wrong with that as we can always use a little more rain and it helps cool things down from that last month of continual heat waves. A veruy unusual summer to say the least.
Back to top Go down
Donna

Donna

PostSubject: Re: July 2012   July  2012 - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 4:31 pm

OK, lets try this again.
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: July 2012   July  2012 - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 8:06 pm

We "learned" several years ago that Kid Cameron was obviously allergic to peanuts. A couple/three weeks ago, I had the horse up to the driveway to the house and Cameron, Carol and I were "cooling" the horse down with water hose...and Cameron got wet from water splashing off the horse. He broke out BIG TIME with blotches. Some dry clothes and OTC medicine had him OK in a short time. Fast forward this story...he just had a whole series of allergy testing done and sadly...it probably would be easier/quicker to say what he is NOT allergic to. His "reactions" were quick, strong, and very dramatic. That is "reactions" to the skin testing on his back. Jillian says she was REAL PROUD of the way her little 7 yo boy took the testing w/o complaining too much about itching, etc. Needless to say...we will have to be v-e-r-y careful with him around the horse. I guess that's life at times...and it isn't always the nicest.

Love to all....Rick & Itchy Snoop
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: July 2012   July  2012 - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 11:29 pm

RICK:
I am sorry to hear about Cameron's allergies. It must be hard to be a cowboy if you are allergic to your horse. Should he become a cowboy anyway, I have heard that Bashkir curlies are hypoallergenic horses that lots of allergic people can actually be around. Maybe you need to look into them, I have heard they are very mellow horses.
Donnie is allergic to dust and Daisy is a dust bunny, so I have to do all her brushing....and hay handling....and stall cleaning....Works pretty well for Donnie! Laughing

INDYAPP:
Good luck, good luck!!! cheers Hurray for the rain, too! ClappingHands

EILEEN:
I have become a big believer in Vetrocyn. It takes care of fungus and bacterial infections....although if your horse is allergic to certain bug bites, it might not help that much. Donnie's horse, Daisy, will rub her tail if she gets itchy in between her nipples. She is a big smegma producer and we have to keep her clean or that tail suffers. The gates suffer, too, she will rub red paint off them and onto her hiney trying to scratch herself. She goes around with a big red butt at times flower .

ELLEN:
Yep, I have heard of HughesNet. They are pretty expensive. We have been waiting on a local provider who keeps saying he is putting in our tower connection soon....and waiting....If the guy wasn't a member of our horse group, we'd probably have written him off months ago.
Thanks for the idea, though!

DONNA:
How far are you getting with the photo before you know it isn't working? It really isn't too hard, but you do have to press all the right buttons. BUTTONS: First: Browse. Second: Submit query....wait until the screen changes, then: Third: Send.

We have a new member: TWHRider. I don't know who this is, but hope he/she posts and tells us. Welcome TWH RIDER!

KAREN:
How ya doing?

Annie and I worked like dogs today. In the 90 degree heat. We got the barn cleaned, had lunch and then spent the afternoon washing and bleaching the horse trailer in preparation for Saturday's ACTHA ride in New Castle, VA. We both have better farmers' tans. The trailer looks pretty good, though. Ivan won't recognize it without all the crud he left in it, on it, around it. No germs in that trailer now!
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: July 2012   July  2012 - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 4:09 am

Vetricyn is bleach, water, and salt....that's really it! You can make it yourself and save lots of moolah! We had this discussion on another horse site....I looked it up and its crazy to pay that price for something you can put together for pennies! I just don't have pennies to throw away so I kind of check things out and see if I can duplicate things. I've always like bleach for fungus, ringworm, harden soles on feet..deep cuts...

Got company tonight...Cody and his girlfriend...Harry and I stood up for his Mom and Dad when they got married. I wouldn't have recognized him tho, tatoos and lots of jewelry...ears and nose...but he is all grown up. We had a nice dinner and he and his girlfriend Ginny are staying with RAndi tonight...they both seem really nice, havn't seen Cody since he was 12! Been awhile...like 9 years.

Sweet Dreams y'all.
Back to top Go down
Donna

Donna

PostSubject: Re: July 2012   July  2012 - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 7:02 am

Morning,

Maybe these photos were too big, I will try again.
Back to top Go down
Donna

Donna

PostSubject: Re: July 2012   July  2012 - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 7:05 am

I have tried and tried to geet pictures loaded and no go. ARK, I am sending them to you to post please. In prom pic Allison is in the blue dress. In Graduation ones, she has the gown and the other with the leopard blouse is Erin.

Thanks

Back to top Go down
TWHRider

TWHRider

PostSubject: Re: July 2012   July  2012 - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 10:20 am

Hello All! Very Happy

Ark, thank you for the warm welcome! I posted a bit about myself in the Introduction section.

CB, I know that Miracle Water known as Vetericyn is bloody expensive but I have never seen anything like it. I am really challenged in physics, math, and chemistry, so I buy the stuff -lollol

I have used it in the ears of my dogs and cats, I wipe the dust and boogers out of my horses noses every day with it and clean their butts a few times weekly with it.

My horse that needs a bubble wrap suit either rolled in ants or a bees nest last week and came in that night shaking his head. There was a swelling under his mane bigger than a saucer so, out came the Vetericyn and hemerhoid ointment. I use hermhoid ointment for everything but what it's supposed to be used for Very Happy

It only took a couple days of all that and cold-hosing for the swelling to go down, then I started putting Dermalog where the bites were. He lost his hair in the bite area and the dead skin keeps peeling up but he never got infected.

My area has been in Severe Drought status but we finally had RAIN and lots of it. We went from parchment brown to brilliant green in less than a week; the ground sure doesn't ask for much.

Last night was a big whopping lightening storm and the downpour of rain was deafening, even on our shingled roof. I can only imagine how that sounded on the metal roof of the barn; I hope The Boys' ears quit ringing by this morning.

The Boys are my second and last set of Keeper Horses. Tennessee Walker, Duke, who is coming 25 and my avatar pic; Tennessee Walker, Rusty, who is 18; Tennessee Walker, Joker, who is 17; and my very comical and curmudgeonly Polish-bred Arab, Streeter, who is now 26.

My first set of Keepers were an Arab/Saddlebred and an Arab/Morgan, back before Morabs became a registry. I raised the Arab/Saddlebred from birth and was devastated when I laid him to rest 29 years later with cancer. The Arab/Morgan was 17 when I bought him and 27 when I laid him to rest with horrible knee/ankle arthritis from the previous owner's kids racing him against cars on the macadam roads.

As it comes time to send each these guys on, there will be no replacements. If I can still sit on a horse by that time, I may join the "America By Horseback" club and ride with them at the places that offer horses for riding ClappingHands
Back to top Go down
Carol W

Carol W

PostSubject: Re: July 2012   July  2012 - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 10:35 am

Welcome to our little world here on the net TWH!! IMHO you have, indeed, found one of the nicest groups on the internet!!!! Glad to have you join us. Sit back and grab a cup of coffee and join in.
Back to top Go down
Karen E. Teague

Karen E. Teague

PostSubject: Re: July 2012   July  2012 - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 11:00 am

I just found out that sexing rabbits is hard, missed sexed a few rabbits, went out to do my daily chores and found that two females had given birth... Not only did I miss sex the male that had been in the cage with them it's their brother... On a side note my mare has shown no signs of going into heat, yet both my boarders have show. did I screw up yet again and let son breed his mom.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: July 2012   July  2012 - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

July 2012
Page 5 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next