Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

July 2012

Go down 
+15
Graymare
Karen E. Teague
silverdancer
Indyapp
sunny 57
WV Witch
Rick Angell
Manygatess
Ol'Man
Santa
Carol W
Eileen
Ellen E
cb
Ark
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Manygatess

July  2012 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2012   July  2012 - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 11:28 am

Hey guys. Just been busy here in PA with the garden. I tried to post the other day and it refused to allow me to and I lost the post. I guess I should have tried later but got busy.

Please don't close the Foopville. I never go to Facebook. It seems impersonal and we have such a nice group of Foops on here. I'll try to post more often I promise...I read every morning.

We picked peppers, green beans, onions and cabbage. The corn and brussel sprouts re looking good. This garden is keeping us really busy. Not much rain, so we are hauling water across the street to water with. Collecting rain water when it rains to water with. Putting up the green beans & peppers later this morning.

I think the worst part of gardens is the harvesting of the veggies and getting them put in the freezer. Planting was the easy part. I must be getting old. HAHAHA All that bending over is a killer.

CB: Gosh girl...all those fires. I would go crazy, I am so afraid of fire, can hardy light a match. I think I must have been burned at the stake as a witch in a previous life. tee hee...some in my family would say I fit that description now-a-days too.

Things at the PO have been crazy too. They can't find someone who wants the main Post Master job, so looks like I'll be subbing for a couple months until they an locate someone. Not my idea of a good time, but I just can't walk away...I can do it for a couple months.

Have a wonderful day everyone..I'm off to snap the beans and get them ready for their hot bath and into the freezer.

Love & prayers to all....
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: July 2012   July  2012 - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 12:51 pm

I am on facebook, and I post to some friends on there and keep in touch, but I always come here too! This is HOME and a great support team as it always has been for me. I love hearing what everyone is up to! and care about everyone here!

IndyApp..wishing you all the good luck I can send your way for the exam! I know you'll do fine! You go girl!

TRUDY, oh no, they've got you now! LOL...there is no one who wants that job? wow..there are so many out of work here that they would jump at it I'm sure! I wouldn't want to work full time either anymore, I don't think my bod would hold up to that anyway...hang tight and stick to your guns!

ARK, glad your sis enjoyed her ride!

RICK, you say things so right....
Back to top Go down
sunny 57

sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: July 2012   July  2012 - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 2:22 pm

.I am still here Ark, for now anyway until I finda way to keep in touch with you all I am hanging on to what I have. I have been getting sad and scared about all that is going on here and feel helpless as we have tried everywhere tofind help and right now there is none we have our names on lists to get help when funding is availible but that will take time that we dom't have, so know that I read every day to keep up on what is going on and will post as much as I can, thank you all for being such good friends and listening to me tell of my woes
Back to top Go down
Eileen

Eileen

PostSubject: Re: July 2012   July  2012 - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 4:44 pm

Rick as usual you have raised a good question regarding how folks find this forum...for me I think that Sunny steered me toward group as some of the regulars were familiar to me. I know that I was absent for a while as I had computer probs and lost a lot of my regular websites. I do not know how one would google for this group..I guess we as regulars could do a little pr work on our own.
It looks like most of us are not happy about FB I have never been fond of it although there are times when I have no choice to get a hold of someone...otherwise...I do not visit it all that often.
Sunny, hang in there girl...I know that it looks grim right now, but surely there has to be a light at the end of the tunnel...I am humming for you and Kent.
Back to top Go down
Ol'Man

Ol'Man

PostSubject: Re: July 2012   July  2012 - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 4:57 pm

Cool

Yes Snoop we lurkers would like to post more. I find the "post" to be good and check almost every day.

Back to top Go down
Carol W

Carol W

PostSubject: Re: July 2012   July  2012 - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 9:08 pm

My thoughts on more members is that we might not like what we get!!!! I am going to vote for quality over quantity!!!! LOLOL In other words, I likes us just as we are!!!!! LOLOL
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: July 2012   July  2012 - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 10:18 pm

Ark, Gram asked me how to get back on here...maybe you can help her out....one more to add to missing in action, I will post her email to you.

It was actually cool out there today...yahoo! We even had a few raindrops come down....sure felt good, but now the stupid bugs are out in full force...can't win! But it gave the animals a break from the heat. It has been overcast all day and I know folks are worried about getting those lightning strikes that start fires with this weather...so I'm Hummin we don't get any!, just the rain cuz we need it.

Sunny, I'm humming for you that something works out.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: July 2012   July  2012 - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 10:23 pm

CAROL:
I am inclined to agree with you about quality over quantity, but on some days a little quantity would be soooo nice! Laughing

I did send out mass emails when we started this website to everyone I had an email for at Foopville. I also posted it on FaceBook on my page and recently on SUNNY's. Other than encouraging folks to give out our website info to friends they think would be compatable, I don't know what else to do to publicize our existence. And CAROL has a point. We get along pretty well here. That has not always been the case....We are all 10 or more years older than when we first met up, so maybe we have grown more tolerant!

Some folks have changed their emails and may not have gotten the word, some don't seem to want to get the word, and some signed up and never post. I am not sure the reasons for that last part.

This website does ask me on occasion if I want to retain a member who hasn't posted over a long period of time. I haven't turned anyone out, but would appreciate it if they would post now and then. Should I make lurkers pay for their lurking time by requiring a post on occasion?.... Rolling Eyes I don't have any plans to shut down this website, so don't worry about that. It isn't hard to maintain, doesn't take much time, and I am happy to keep in contact with the old gang of Foopsters.

INDYAPP:
Lots of luck on your test!!!! I will think very positive thoughts that you pass it with flying colors! How old is your great niece? I have one that is about 18 months old now and is quite a character!

TRUDY:
Yep, you should have asked for that big raise. Laughing You are going to be doing the work anyway. I hope they find someone soon!
Yum, those veggies sound great! Donnie and I have black thumbs, nothing grows well but the weeds. We do have some fantastic weeds. We have been killing johnsongrass in our hayfield and it seems to be working. It would be less expensive for us to buy someone else's hay than what it is costing us to fertilize, kill weeds and have someone put up our hay. Rolling Eyes

CB:
I am glad you got a cool break today!! It has been wonderfully cool here this week. Just give GRAM this website addy and she can register: https://horsefriends.forumotion.com

SUNNY:
Check out the library computers! When I don't have access at home, I go to the public library and can get to any website on their computers. I am so sorry for your stress and problems.....(((((Dawn)))))....

EILEEN:
It has been great to have you back here! I have thought a lot about the Snowbird lifestyle. If I didn't have so many animals to cart around, I could get into winter in a warmer place, too.

OL'MAN:
How is Virginia feeling these days? And how are your horses? We haven't heard about them lately.

RICK:
It rained off and on all day here today. You can see our grass growing! We haven't had to mow in a few weeks and will have to make up for that this weekend. It was gloriously cool and misty all day today and yesterday. They say the 90s will be back next week though. Did you get the rain? I almost feel guilty getting rain when it is so needed in so many places, but am very grateful for it.

Ivan and I are going to the New River Trail tomorrow at Foster Falls, VA....if the rain isn't pouring in the morning. We are going to ride with the same folks in the same place where he was such a nutcase a month ago or so. I am hoping our lessons and off property rides with just one other horse has changed his mind about being so nervous tomorrow. We are going to an ACTHA ride in a week, so this is our last chance for a group ride before then. Send Ivan calming vibes, folks!! Thanks.
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: July 2012   July  2012 - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 11:33 pm

I sure wish we could get even a little bit of rain. I truly do not remember a spring and summer as dry as this one. The grass is dry and brown; some crops are in real trouble or dead completely; the lake level is down about a foot. We have settled into somewhat more normal temperatures for this time of year, high 80s or low 90s, but not a drop of rain.

Trudy, I hope you make them pay you well for taking over for a while.

My manager finally hired another person today, for which I am most grateful. Sherry and I both wanted part time to mean 15-20 hours and both of us have been doing 35 +/-.

Relax and enjoy your ride tomorrow, Ark. It isn't a full moon or anything, so Ivan should be a happy camper.
Back to top Go down
silverdancer

silverdancer

PostSubject: Re: July 2012   July  2012 - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 12:36 am

Well, I've now been here in Texas for 3 weeks and this is the first time I've had a chance to post. Son uses his laptop for work and has to log me on etc in the evening and 'vet' my emails in case there might be a virus or something... so I waited till now when I've a bit more time.

This part of TX around Austin has escaped the worst of the weather I've been reading about here. It's been a bit hot, around the 90's, but that's OK - last year I was here it was a heatwave, over 100 most of the time. So at least it's been not bad this time. This last week in fact there's been thunder and lightning, but plenty of rain too, so no fires that I've heard of, luckily.

I was here on the 4th July, and we went to the local Park where there were lots of amusements and trade stands for everyone. It was mostly for kiddies, with rides and a petting zoo which my two grandchildren really enjoyed. There was also a miniature train ride, they loved that too. At night, we parked up on a hill overlooking the town to watch thr firework display which was lovely. Even the lorries driving the I35 slowed to watch and blew their horns.

We took the grandchildren for the riding lesson yesterday, which my son booked long ago. They LOVED it and I proud Grandma (me) thought they both did really well. They were in an arena all the time, just as well- as their steering was a bit doubtful at times (right/left?)! LOL The girl teaching them was very patient and led them at time but also let them free on their own to learn too.
Only problem now is... they want more but my son has neither land nor ponies!!! Expensive hobby if you pay for hire all the time, a pity. It will just have to be a special occasional treat, birthday, Christmas, holidays when Grandma visits. Smile

Tomorrow we're off to Houston - going to visit the Space Centre, now that's a treat for ALL of us. WE're staying overnight and going to the zoo the next morning, so it'll be a busy weekend. But it's nearing the end of my trip so I'll enjoy watching the kiddies enjoying themselves - gives me some great photos and memories when I'm back in Ireland.
Getting late now, must throw a few overnight things in a bag and get ready for an early start.

Hope all on here stay safe and well.
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: July 2012   July  2012 - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 10:17 am

Good MOOOOORRRRRNNNNNNNNING FOOOOOPVILLLE!!

As luck would have it, I'm trying to recruit us a NEW MEMBER/RESIDENT here for FOOPVILLE. Believe it or not...found this lady hanging around old tractor site. It may be a day or so before you can meet her...KAREN...as I want to make sure she gets here w/o too much trouble. As soon as I get her complete contact info...I'll forward that on to ARK to deal with.

In the meantime, I found this and thought it might be fun to look at. So...just WHAT KIND OF BABY ARE YOU?

-- JANUARY BABY

Pretty/handsome. Loves to dress up. Easily bored. Fussy. Seldom shows emotions. Takes time to recover when hurt. Sensitive. Down-to-Earth. Stubborn.

-- FEBRUARY BABY

Abstract thoughts. Loves reality and abstract. Intelligent and clever. Changing personality. Attractive. Sexiest out of everyone. Temperamental. Quiet, shy and humble. Honest And loyal. Determined to reach goals. Loves freedom. Rebellious when restricted. Loves aggressiveness. Too sensitive and easily hurt. Gets angry really easily but does not show it. Dislikes unnecessary things. Loves making friends but rarely shows it. Horny. Daring and stubborn. Ambitious. Realizing dreams and hopes. Sharp. Loves entertainment and leisure. Romantic on the inside not outside. Superstitious and ludicrous. Spendthrift. Tries to learn to show emotions.

-- MARCH BABY

Attractive personality. Sexy. Affectionate Shy and reserved. Secretive. Naturally honest, generous and sympathetic. Loves peace and serenity. Sensitive to others. Great kisser. Easily angered. Trustworthy. Appreciative and returns kindness. Hardly shows emotions. Tends to bottle up feelings. Observant and assesses others.

-- APRIL BABY

Suave and compromising. Funny and humorous. Stubborn. Very talkative. Calm and cool. Kind and sympathetic. Concerned and detailed. Loyal. Does work well with others. Very confidant. Sensitive. Positive Attitude. Thinking generous. Good memory. Clever and knowledgeable. Loves to look for information. Able to cheer everyone up and/or make them laugh. Able to motivate oneself and others. Understanding. Fun to be around. Outgoing. Hyper. Bubbly personality. Secretive. Boy/girl crazy. Loves sports, music, leisure and traveling. Systematic. Hot but has brains.

-- MAY BABY

Stubborn and hard-hearted. Strong-willed and highly motivated. Sharp thoughts. Easily angered. Attracts others and loves attention. Deep feelings. Beautiful physically and mentally. Firm Standpoint. Needs no motivation. Shy towards opposite sex. Easily consoled. Systematic (left brain). Loves to dream. Strong clairvoyance. Understanding. Sickness usually in the ear and neck. Good imagination. Good physical. Weak breathing. Loves literature and the arts. Loves traveling. Dislike being at home. Restless. Not having many children. Hardworking. High-spirited.

-- JUNE BABY

You’ve got the best personality and are an absolute pleasure to be around. You love to make new friends and be outgoing. You are a great flirt and more than likely have an a very attractive partner. a wicked hottie. It is also more than likely that you have a massive record collection. You have a great choice in films, and may one day become a famous actor/actress yourself - heck, you’ve got the looks for it!!! IN the next 6 days you will meet someone that may possibly become one of your closest friends, if you repost this in 5 minutes.

-- JULY BABY

Fun to be with. Secretive. Difficult to fathom and to be understood. Quiet unless excited or tensed. Takes pride in oneself. Has reputation. Easily consoled. Honest. Concerned about people’s feelings. Tactful. Friendly. Approachable. Emotional temperamental and unpredictable. Moody and easily hurt. Witty and sparkly. spazzy at times. Not revengeful. Forgiving but never forgets. dislikes nonsensical and unnecessary things. Guides others physically and mentally. Sensitive and forms impressions carefully. Caring and loving. Treats others equally. Strong sense of sympathy. Wary and sharp. Judges people through observations. Hardworking. No difficulties in studying. Loves to be alone. Always broods about the past and the old friends. Waits for friends. Never looks for friends. Not aggressive unless provoked. Loves to be loved. Easily hurt but takes long to recover.

-- AUGUST BABY

Outgoing personality. takes risks. feeds on attention. No self-control. Kind hearted. Self-confident. Loud and boisterous. VERY revengeful. Easy to get along with and talk to. Has an “every thing’s peachy” attitude. Likes talking and singing. Loves music. Daydreamer. Easily distracted. Hates not being trusted. BIG imagination. Loves to be loved. Hates studying. in need of “that someone”. Longs for freedom. Rebellious when withheld or restricted. Lives by “no pain no gain” caring. Always a suspect. Playful. Mysterious. “charming” or “beautiful” to everyone. stubborn. curious. Independent. Strong willed. A fighter.

-- SEPTEMBER BABY

Active and dynamic. Decisive and haste but tends to regret. Attractive and affectionate to oneself. Strong mentality. Loves attention. Diplomatic. Consoling, friendly and solves people’s problems. Brave and fearless. Adventurous. Loving and caring. Suave and generous. Usually you have many friends. Enjoys to make love. Emotional. Stubborn. Hasty. Good memory. Moving, motivates oneself and others. Loves to travel and explore. Sometimes sexy in a way that only their lover can understand.

-- OCTOBER BABY

Loves to chat. Loves those who love them. Loves to takes things at the center. Inner and physical beauty. Lies but doesn’t pretend. Gets angry often. Treats friends importantly. Brave and fearless. Always making friends. Easily hurt but recovers easily. Daydreamer. Opinionated. Does not care to control emotions. Unpredictable. Extremely smart, but definitely the hottest AND sexiest of them all.

-- NOVEMBER BABY

Trustworthy and loyal. Very passionate and dangerous. Wild at times. Knows how to have fun. Sexy and mysterious. Everyone is drawn towards your inner and outer beauty and independent personality. Playful, but secretive. Very emotional and temperamental sometimes. Meets new people easily and very social in a group. Fearless and independent. Can hold their own. Stands out in a crowd. Essentially very smart. Usually, the greatest men are born in this month. If you ever begin a relationship with someone from this month, hold on to them because their one of a kind.

-- DECEMBER BABY

This straight-up means you are the most good-looking person possible… Better than all of these other months! Loyal and generous. Patriotic. Competitive in everything. Active in games and interactions. Impatient and hasty. Ambitious. Influential in organizations. Fun to be with. Easy to talk to, though hard to understand. Thinks far with vision, yet complicated to know. Easily influenced by kindness. Polite and soft-spoken. Having lots of ideas. Sensitive. Active mind. Hesitating tends to delay. Choosy and always wants the best. Temperamental. Funny and humorous. Loves to joke. Good debating skills. Has that someone always on his/her mind. Talkative. Daydreamer.Friendly. Knows how to make friends. Abiding. Able to show character. One guy/girl kind of person. Loveable. Easily hurt. Prone to getting colds. Loves music. Pretty/handsome. Loves to dress up. Easily bored. Fussy. Seldom shows emotions. Takes time to recover when hurt. Sensitive

FWIW...I'm a JUNE baby. ME...a FLIRT??? Shocked ROFL ROFL ROFL

My love to all....Rick & Snoop
Back to top Go down
Eileen

Eileen

PostSubject: Re: July 2012   July  2012 - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 3:07 pm

OK Rick you got me...lol Sexy and mysterious am I...(November) I guess I might have been back in the day...yep I did love to mingle and socialize.
Ark..I will try to come and post regularly. but not everyday as I am having problems with dial up and must go to library or neighbors to do the deed. lol I know...it is a poor excuse but that's my story and I'm sticking to it. lol
CB hope that the rains come soon, it may be "too little too late" but it always feels so good when it finally comes, and smells so fresh after the storm.
Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

PostSubject: Re: July 2012   July  2012 - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 9:16 pm

July has me pegged dead on.

Great-neice Madison is 2 months old. Visit #2 was better than visit #1. She's good but I'm still not MOM.

Rain was predicted for today. I got to watch it come in and go around me. Saw on the news lots of rain everywhere but here. pfffttt.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: July 2012   July  2012 - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 12:04 am

Indy, we got a few drops here this afternoon. Not enough to do much good, but I guess we need to be grateful for the few drops.
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: July 2012   July  2012 - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 12:34 am

OK...I see we got us a new resident here in FOOPVILLE. Welcome KAREN!! Are you gonna go by "Karen" or some other screen name? We'll call you whatever you like as long as you call us when the goodies come outta the oven!!

Roll Call: I am RICK Angell from near Winston-Salem, NC...semi-retired from truck driving although I am driving this summer. We have here one AQHA mare that I call the Phony Pony...all she does now is be a pasture ornament and something to spend money on...well, I/we love her anyway. Now I gotta warn you about SNOOP. He is my imaginary "alter ego" and is generally always close by...he "mostly" likes riding along with me trucking...like to "help out" around FOOPVILLE...is TOO DARN QUICK to tell all about the misadventures of yours truly...and can be relied upon to always tell the "unvarnished truth".

So...since I'm kinda / sorta responsible for getting KAREN here, I let her pass the brownies before telling us a little more about herself. We are an inquisitive bunch, but want you to feel welcome and wanted here.

OUR love to all....Rick & Snoop
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: July 2012   July  2012 - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 8:15 am

This is definitely me. October

Extremely smart, but definitely the hottest AND sexiest of them all. Wink Wink

Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: July 2012   July  2012 - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 8:29 am

Good morning everyone.

It's raining here in PA. YIPPPPEEEE We sure need the rain, our grass (or that's what we call it, it's actually more like green weeds) is turning brown and getting crunchy. The rain stopped already darn it...

WELCOME Karen...

CB: It's not that easy to find someone to work at my PO. They have to already be working for the Postal Service and have their civil service test and be able to step right into the job and do it. They don't want to train anyone. You know where Potts Grove is....out in the country, no one wants to drive out there in the winter.

I think they have a victim errrr candidate for the job. I'm keeping my finger and toes crossed. The guy will be coming from Swingle...that is about 30 miles from Potts Grove, on the other side of Mifflinburg. It's going to be a drive in the winter, so we shall see what happens in the next couple of weeks.

Off to make breakfast and get ready for church. Big concert tonight at church, 4 of the pastors are giving a concert before Pastor Mike moves on to his new job in Indiana. We are going to miss his voice, he is amazing.

Love & prayers for all....

Back to top Go down
Eileen

Eileen

PostSubject: Re: July 2012   July  2012 - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 12:28 pm

Good hot and humid morning to all you Foopsters. We had a dandy rain storm last night, sure hope that Indiana got it as well and the rest of the world that needs it, especially in the west where that dreadful fire and drought situation is.
will also welcome Karen since rumor has it that she is the "brownie" queen lol
Sunny, hope that you are still hanging in there. I too have to rely on the library now and then to catch up, and right now I am across the street of "small town" Ontario under a shade tree in my pick up using the closed library's signal got the windows down and catching a nice breeze. I do suspect that it will not be long and a rain will come along as well.
I met up with the regular gang in same "small town" for brunch, have been meeting with this same gang for years on Sunday mornings, but this morning the little drainage ditch going along the parking lot has been cleaned and cleared of all trees and brush where I usually park to be in the shade...well guess who drove right past it and had to back track, and they say that driving by land marks does not work...ha...if it had not been for the beer store, I would not have realized that I missed my mark and could have driven miles till I hit lake Erie. lol never been that bad yet, but one never knows. Have a good day all...
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: July 2012   July  2012 - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 1:23 pm

EILEEN...I used to drive my 18 wheeler by "landmarks" and could NEVER remember a lot of route numbers. Now...I drive by landmarks "where xxxx USED to be!!" Arrow Arrow Arrow

I just got in from mowing yard...would have done it yesterday, but we had some showers. If I had let it go till next weekend when I get back home, I might have had a real problem. Now, as soon as I can get a shower, re-pack my bag and computer, and maybe a quick bite of lunch, I'll be off to the wide world of trucking...got 6 to 7 hours of driving this afternoon/evening to Anniston, AL (due west of Atlanta, GA). I need to be there "first 2 - 3 trucks" so I can get unloaded and then drive up to Memphis, TN to reload. Tomorrow night will be spent "somewhere" in TN. I'll try to get "on" if I can.

Love to all...RICK & SNOOP... who says he has it on good authority that KAREN is also a cheese cake queen. You know SNOOP...unvarnished truth!!
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: July 2012   July  2012 - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 2:25 pm

Welcome Karen! I'm CB and Ilive in Idaho amonst all the wild fires we have been having! Right now I have 6 horses and 1 mule baby; 7 dachshund puppies I am selling, 7 adult dachshunds; and 3 great danes, and one Boston Terrier...and stray cats that call my place home. You'll enjoy us when you get to know us a bit...we are lovable and huggable! and a bit zany at times!

TRUDY, gotta be one that would be willing to move to advance their postal career? Maybe they just arn't posting the job enough that other workers arn't hearing about it...everyone likes a bit more money. You will be getting called in during bad weather for sure...if I remember some of the HILLS he would have to go over to get there! yikes!

We had rain to the west of us but not here...and the fires are still raging on...no new ones that I have heard of thru the lightning yesterday tho...but havn't listened to the new either...so can't say for sure.

Have a great day Y'all. Hot here already...sigh...
Back to top Go down
Carol W

Carol W

PostSubject: Re: July 2012   July  2012 - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 2:39 pm

waiting for Karen to speak ??? yooo hoooo come on out!!!!
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Welcome KAREN!!   July  2012 - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 4:36 pm

RICK
Yep. The Feb baby is me. The sexiest of them all,
but quiet, shy and humble! How did they know me so well?

I am glamorously sitting in the hot truck in our lower hayfield watching da hubby kill johnsongrass with his new weed wick attached to the lawn tractor. Sweat seems to become me. The weed wick seems to work...but he missed some of it last week. The grass is growing well after our recent rains and he won't be able to use the weed wick after the grass gets as tall as the dratted johnsongrass. So I am on my Kindle out in the hayfield.

Ivan was wonderful yesterday on our multi-horse ride!!!!! We seem to have come to a agreement. He can walk as fast as he wants but cannot do any other gait unless I ask him. He wants to be in front of the herd, so we spent most of our time there. He was not anxious and did not jig. It took 5 miles before he got really relaxed, but he was basically a pure pleasure all day. We did trot a fair amount and did two good canters. He can out run and out last the other three horses easily. At the end of 12 miles, he had energy left to burn.

Welcome KAREN!!
Your post is not on this thread and I cannot move it here on my Kindle. I will do that later today. It is nice to meet you! Tell us all about you and your horses! WeAre happy to have you join us!
Attachments
July  2012 - Page 3 AttachmentAnnieWatchingDianeJanReturn.jpg
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(66 Kb) Downloaded 1 times
July  2012 - Page 3 AttachmentDiane&Ivan.jpg
After ride
(109 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
July  2012 - Page 3 AttachmentJoanneDianeJanLoriNRTrailJL2012.jpg
Beginning of ride
(82 Kb) Downloaded 0 times

Last edited by Ark on Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:36 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
sunny 57

sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: July 2012   July  2012 - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 8:25 pm

it sounds like Ivan has the talent and abillity to be a real good endurance horse have you ever considered trying endurance or would that be to much for you, any way glad you had a plesent ride with no problems, sounds like he is getting better all the time keep up the good work and enjoy your rides.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: July 2012   July  2012 - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 12:48 am

Good Boy Ivan! Yay ARK...you've hung in there...and success is really sweet!

Some of the March fits me, but lots of it doesn't....kind of like I am a pisces and spose to love the water...yeah right! I am scared to death of swimming! and water!

It was rather warm today...humid....we really didn't get much done except clean out all the tanks for the horses, clean the doggie yards, play with the horses a bit and play with the doggies a lot...and get some groceries. I have to go to town tomorrow and get some stuff hubby forgot..like dog food and horse grain....and milk for me, and bread...he seemed to be forgetful for sure...but oh well...I will go in the morning before any thunder storms occur in the afternoon...I need to be home in case there is lightning...we are soooooo dry here...just a spark would start a fire!

Well, y'all have a wonderful Monday! Hope everyone had a great weekend.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Karen's Post   July  2012 - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 12:50 am

KAREN posted her first post on a different thread, so I am re-posting it here for all to read and respond to. Welcome, KAREN!

Ark

Hi, My name is Karen I live in Oklahoma where I have a small ranch where I breed fainting goats and rabbits for meat. One of the sweets people I've ever met on line Rick told me about this group... He found me trolling on his tractor group... I'm 47 years old currently have 4 horses and two boarders. My husband has health problems those my trolling. I've got three tractors I no little to nothing about....but learning about so I will be able to take care of this place once he is gone. I'm not good at intro's so please feel free to ask me questions.

HUGS
Karen
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: July 2012   July  2012 - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 1:04 am

SUNNY:
I would love to do endurance riding and think that Ivan would make a great endurance horse. I am not so sure about myself, I have a long way to go before being able to do the miles those endurance riders do. Ivan and I have to learn to camp, too. I have never been much of a camper and have never camped with a horse at all. The rides I go on have either had stalls available or were close enough to home to go straight there early in the morning.

The longest ride Ivan and I have done is the 19 mile NATRC ride we did in May. We got thru it, but I was probably in much worse shape than Ivan! That boy is an energizer bunny. He does need to learn to drink away from home, he doesn't drink when he is nervous. I need to find some flavoring he loves to put in water to encourage him to drink. Our next organized ride is an ACTHA ride about 50 miles from here next Saturday. We'll be going up early in the morning.

CB:
Do you get any rain at all from those lightning storms? I sure hope so. We have been so fortunate this week with the rains we have had. Our grass is growing like crazy and there isn't a fire hazard right now.

KAREN:
I am in Virginia about 2 hours north of RICK. I hope you don't mind that I moved your post, it is unlikely that some of us will have seen it on the thread you posted it on. Just hit reply under these posts you are reading for your next post. Do you have a photo you'd like for your avatar? I can post that for you if you send it to me.....Arkazivan@gmail.com
In the meantime, I'll give you a temporary avatar photo.
You have three tractors? Wow! I have tractor lust Laughing . We don't have one, but there must be one in our future, sooner or later.

We had a busy day. We worked on our neverending johnsongrass problem down in the hayfield, then chopped up and moved most of a huge tree that had fallen there during the huge windstorm of a couple of weeks ago. We have several trees down that will have to be cleaned up, one in our barnlot pasture on a fence. Oh, joy. Firewood. Rolling Eyes
We took Annie to see "Ice Age" this evening. Cute show. No work for Ivan today, he got the day off.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: July 2012   July  2012 - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

July 2012
Page 3 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next