Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

August 2014

Go down 
+7
Rick Angell
Carol W
cb
Manygatess
Graymare
Ellen E
Ark
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Ark
Admin

August 2014 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: August 2014   August 2014 - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 10:28 pm

GRAYMARE
Thanks, you are entirely correct. Keeping safe was the right thing to do in that situation. At the SC ride, Ivan could go fast and furious, it was basically flat and dry. This ride was way too slick and steep for the speed he prefers. He would make some crazy endurance rider a pretty speedy horse, but I am not quite crazy enough. Laughing

I had a really nice lesson on both Ivan and Areion today wavy .

I really needed a little horsey success. Both horses were exceptionally mellow. Ivan didn't give me any trouble at any speed. We would go fast, then have him trot very slow, and he would do it perfectly. Where was that skill last Saturday?? Rolling Eyes After Lori rode Areion, I did the same lesson on her that I did on Ivan...making turns correctly, figure eights, etc. Areion really is a light touch and was very willing, I barely had to ask and she was trying hard. It was a lot of fun on her. She has such a big stride and is so much taller than Ivan. Ivan isn't quite as responsive and occasionally opinionated about things, but did work pretty hard. I was sweating more than either horse, summer came back!
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: August 2014   August 2014 - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 11:40 pm

Thanks folks...I/we are doing alright.

Having that special worship service for Don was a real pressure reliever. He is to be cremated and there will be a private family thing at some later date....and THAT may possibly be limited to his immediate family. All that is OK with me and my oldest brother.

Our "comfort and peace" comes from the certainty of knowing where Don is now and that we will someday all be reunited as a family.

I've been staying somewhat busy doing my usual "routine" ... part of which today was working on Don's tractor. Its something to do...keeps my feeble mind occupied...and just me and my thoughts. Pretty nice!

ARK...Are you available for a visit from a flatlander? Anytime in the next 4 - 5 days ...would be a nice daytrip for me.

Love to all...Rick
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: August 2014   August 2014 - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 28, 2014 3:35 pm

RICK
We would love to see you! Donnie is off Monday, that would be a good day for us. We will haul you over to Macado' s and treat you to lunch! Drool

Nice day here today. Annie and I got the barn done before it got hot. It has been a weird bug summer this year here. Hardly any flies, but an abundance of wasps and hornets. We saw our first giant horsefly yesterday, trying to eat Areion. She was not amused. I killed a smaller horsefly munching on Daisy's leg...with my hand. No The giant one got away. Killing it with my hand would have given me a terminal case of the willies.....

I don't know if the fly predators I have been buying forever have finally worked on the flies, or if the barn swallows did it. We had over 30 of them here during nesting season. Or maybe wasps eat flies..... It is hard to be grateful to wasps for anything, but a lack of flies has been nice.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: August 2014   August 2014 - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 10:46 am

Back to top Go down
sunny 57

sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: August 2014   August 2014 - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 10:50 am

Does anyone have plans for Labor Day weekend, camping, riding horses or maybe a B B Q whatever you do have a great one
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: August 2014   August 2014 - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 1:28 pm

Wow! Graymare, that is some horse and rider!  She has soo much "spring in her step".

No special plans for the weekend this year. We're going on a vacation starting next weekend.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: August 2014   August 2014 - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 7:30 pm

Ark, better to be a live wimp safe and sound! I have turned around on trails many times I didn't feel comfortable on or do a water crossing that I knew would freak me out......no no our mamas didn't raise no fools in us!

We r back from our trip thoroughly exhausted....going to the mutton bustin championships tonight....and then early to bed.....

Hugs rick....

Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: August 2014   August 2014 - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 1:24 am

We know that CB really loves and spoils her pups...and here is photographic proof!!August 2014 - Page 5 1907394_10154501968145243_3377347302960185888_n
Back to top Go down
tuffwheelr

tuffwheelr

PostSubject: about Andreas Helgstrand   August 2014 - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 6:32 am

Videos are nice once in a while But maybe the subjects of them should be researched a bit....

Andreas Helgstrand has been proven to be one of the most abusive trainers in the dressage world. He will do anything not caring if the horse drops dead under him to get a score.

Most of his "springs" come from pain, fear and a variety of other tricks.

His abuses to horses are publicly written up internationally and enough to make any person who cares about horses gut wrench.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: August 2014   August 2014 - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 10:57 am

That is so true of my doxies! lol. they r lil bed hogs and need their own bed!

Tuff, I've never heard of this person before, I wonder how he is still trainng and riding, why not blackballed right out of horses....if he is that abusive he needs to be for sure. how r things in georgia? did u get pipes all fixed?

We r still tired butts from our trip...covered over 2500 miles in all...saw lots of pretty areas.....friend chris says she is moving to missouri with us....we went to bennet springs where we saw trout big enuf one could feed the whole family! and we took my brother out for birthday dinner and got him a warm blanket for his bed...saw some places for sale, and we went to leadmine amish area to view their work and try some treats and we got to take in big horse auction.....ahhhhhh my......nice horses...good thing didn't have my trailer, but oh wish I had.

Whenwe were going to mutton bustin I ran after a chihauhau puppy in a busy street a four lane, finally scooped her up, and about got hit...geesh...found her a home with friend who was there, she had lost her dog after 18 years...have no idea where she came from or if someone dumped her....she is about 9 weeks and tiny, mixed with a pug I think.

Bailey tied for fourth with 80 point score! it was so much fun watching these kids ride those sheep...a nice night and then home to drop into bed. dogs were glad to see us for sure, got lots of kisses! lol
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: August 2014   August 2014 - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 1:44 pm

AWWWW.....Cute pups in the bed! Laughing

Glad you are home safe, CB! That has to be a long trip. Congrats to the grandkid on her mutton busting skills! wavy

A day late, but it is time to change the monthly thread. Go to: https://horsefriends.forumotion.com/t36-september-2014#4677

Or go to "Basket" and click on September 2014. See you there!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: August 2014   August 2014 - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

August 2014
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5