Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

August 2015

Go down 
+5
Manygatess
cb
Graymare
Ellen E
Ark
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
cb

August 2015 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: August 2015   August 2015 - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2015 11:21 am

I need to find a summer heaven too, this humidity is awful this summer. we r seriously looking for our lil slice of coolness for summer months...whewwwwww. everyone says its been bad this year, well of course, we moved in!

I mean you come inside just drenched....clothes sticking to you...ugh...

We r on a tiny camper search to pull behind our dodge journey....I've been searching the internet but any ideas will be helpful if anyone runs across something. under 1000 lbs. even have been thinking of popups and motorcycle campers for 2 persons......

Bro got a new fridge for his camper and ordered a tankless water heater...its coming along....slowly.....nothing worked in that old thing....wiring was gone, plumbing gone, no fridge, no ac, no hot water heater, no carpeting, leaks and had to put in support beams to hold ceiling up....they r virtually rebuilding this piece of chit. poor hubby. I will be so glad for it to be livable, just to have our lives back.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: August 2015   August 2015 - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2015 10:25 pm

CB, your weather will change soon. Hang in there.
Gosh, the m home sounds like it will be all new when finished. More project than you dreamt.

Good weather right now but altitude has sure kicked butt this year.................

RICKSTER must be really busy.........hope he's fine.

Well, perhaps some others could post......I'm boring.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: August 2015   August 2015 - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2015 11:10 pm

CB
  Yep, it is muggy, muggy.  I clean the barn and feed the horses, then come inside to change out of sweat drenched clothes.  I try not to complain too much, winter is on its way......yucko.  
 I just arranged for more winter hay.  We can't make enough.  The Old Farmers Almanac says we are going to have colder and wetter weather than normal this year. No  

ELLEN
 Glad things have gotten back to normal!  I bet you are swimming these days.  

GRAYMARE
 It was amazing to me how different the temps and landscape changed with the elevation in NM and AZ.  I liked it best around 8000 feet above sea level there... at least in the warmer times of the year.  Winter might not agree with me in the mountains there.  I did like the greater numbers of trees.  I am not a desert person.  

No trail ride yet.  Lori's car had a flat tire on one occasion, and she couldn't find a dog sitter another time.  (Spoiled dog.)  My other friend has canceled on me twice.  Her horse needed to be trimmed and she just bought a younger horse last week and doesn't trust it yet.  I think Ivan and I will just go by ourselves.

We have been laying carpet in the t.v. room. It is looking better! We go get Annie at the end of the month and are trying to have the t.v. room actually looking like a room and not a construction zone before she gets here.
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: August 2015   August 2015 - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2015 11:42 pm

ARK, take Ivan and go.....he's ready............

I'll bet Annie is excited to get back to see Zippy & friends..........glad she's doing well.

I've been told this winter is going to be a ripper in the mtns..........it's an el nino year. I sure hope so we so need the moisture.

Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: August 2015   August 2015 - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2015 1:16 pm

I'm ok with the mountains getting snow as long as it stays up there! I hate to drive in it and of course hubby will be having knee surgey in winter months...ugh..

Nice day today with low humidity, ill take it! no whinin today....except I'm cleaning house and doing laundry....can I whine over havin to clean... Rolling Eyes

I wonder where rick is too. and ol man? and everyone else....come on out and play!

Going to the commissary tomorrow...meat prices r a lot better there....and maybe to the chocolate store.....its sooo much cheaper there! and of course by the amish store....a big circle tomorrow, but worth it.

Demon did very well at the vets....and odie got his 3 year rabies...he's good to travel now...he needed a 3 yr for his protection in case he were to scratch someone....people always want to pet him and it could happen....he got mad at me last night and laid on my feet, I couldn't move, I almost fell on my face! he weighs 95 lbs. I stopped petting him.....so he plopped and rolled on my feet. dang idiot dog! tongue Mad
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: August 2015   August 2015 - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 12:38 am

Who is Odie?

Pups must be getting closer...............
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: August 2015   August 2015 - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 8:17 am

Odie is otto our canadian bulldog who has a sad sack face you just want to love. we rescued him when we were still in texas.

Pups r getting closer.... she loves to go overdue just to drive me nuts.....

Well up and at em.....sun is spose to be up by now, but it looks pretty dreary out there.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: August 2015   August 2015 - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 22, 2015 12:06 pm

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey you guys! where r yas?

Another dreary morning, but better than being so hot by a long shot.. hubby is working on bros mh...stilllllllllllllllllll

I am reading and kickin back....
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: August 2015   August 2015 - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 22, 2015 12:58 pm

Today is the day I'm going to FINALLY finish burning the pile of leaves and tree trash that I started last May. I wanted to get it done then and had a good start on it, then it rained forever. And even when the rain stopped, the leaves were so wet they wouldn't burn. I'm going to add some charcoal starter and some charcoal to the fire to make sure it keeps going for as long as it needs to.
I might have to go swimming while it burns. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: August 2015   August 2015 - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 22, 2015 2:40 pm

ELLEN
More leaves coming soon...... affraid
The swim sounds good.

CB
I should be out cleaning the barn, but instead I am here checking emails after having my weekly grit fix at Bojangles, picking up feed at Tractor Supply, stopping at Lowe's for some carpet tape, buying some diesel gas for the tractor at Krogers and picking up a pair of earrings from a girl inside Krogers that makes them. I am ready for a nap!

I had a very nice lesson on Ivan yesterday! Lori said she had never seen us both so relaxed. Very Happy She has certainly seen us not relaxed often enough! After Areion's lesson, we rode both horses around our upper fields. That was fun for me, but Areion has to learn she must walk down hills when asked. Lori rode Areion, I didn't ride her yesterday. I had a good time.

Off to clean the barn......maybe.... Sleep

Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: August 2015   August 2015 - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 22, 2015 7:35 pm

Ellen, get the little girls and toast marshmellows.......they will LOVE it.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: August 2015   August 2015 - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 22, 2015 8:11 pm

I did burn a couple of hotdogs. Very Happy The fire was hotter than I thought. The girls are with the maternal grandpa and grandma this afternoon. But, yes. They would love it. However, Daddy has a bonfire every once in a while, so they can burn some marshmallows with him - if Mommy will let them.
The pile is considerably smaller than it was. I think wet leaves and moss from the lake would make a great fire retardant. The leaves have been there since last fall and the moss for more than a month and they are STILL wet. I think I'll have to get some magic fire juice from Travis. (Old gas they take out of boats when they work on them. It's free to the guys who work there.) The old hollow dry logs that have been lying there for YEARS are gone - or will be by morning. They'll probably smolder most of the night. There is nothing near they can creep towards.
LOTS of boat activity today. Since schools are back in session, I didn't expect to see so many boats out. It's been a gorgeous day to be out.
Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

PostSubject: Re: August 2015   August 2015 - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 11:26 am

AAAACCCCKKKK..... THE SKY IS FALLING!! THE SKY IS FALLING!!

Oh, false alarm. It's just the stock market. ppfffttt.

Got my harness all put back together. Got the clamp replaced to hold the trace to the singletree and took Sophie out on a jaunt yesterday morning. Cool temps, light breeze, little traffic. It was great. Sophie even was walking in a relatively straight line by the time we were done. Yippee!

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: August 2015   August 2015 - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 12:44 pm

Way to go, Indy! Until the rains came later in the afternoon, it was a really nice day. This morning is cooler, lower humidity, mostly blue sky.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: August 2015   August 2015 - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 12:50 pm

Yay Indy and sophie.

Yay to Donnie! happy birthday and may you have mooooooooooooooooooony moooooooooooooooooooooooooore happy ones ahead and lots of fun times!

Nicer here also...not going to complain.....

GM, STILL WAITING....
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: August 2015   August 2015 - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 2:30 pm

INDYAPP
 That's great!!!!  I bet she is fun to drive! wavy  Straight lines are kind of nice Laughing .

CB
 Thanks, says Donnie!  He took today off and we started the day by having breakfast at Shonies. Drool  We don't go there very often because we have no self control at their breakfast bar. Rolling Eyes  Then after stuffing ourselves and needing to be rolled out the door, the cute waitress brought Donnie a chocolate brownie cake filled with ice cream and covered in hot fudge and whipped cream with a candle on top for his birthday. What a Face   Of course, we ate it.  Then we needed a forklift to get us out the door.... We won't need any lunch today...or maybe tomorrow.

ELLEN
 The cool front hasn't reached us yet.  I just got in from the barn and am drenched in sweat.  The horses were out in the pasture while we were out for breakfast and are now all drooling from eating clover.  Seven drooling equines who look like they are rabid.... affraid
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: August 2015   August 2015 - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 6:48 pm

A big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Donnie!
I sounds like you have celebrated in true foop fashion with the chocolate brownie with fudge sauce. Very Happy

The high today has been about 72 with a rather strong wind to make sure the air didn't get too warm and the water didn't stay warm enough to swim. I'm not ready for cooler weather yet. Summer just got here!
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: August 2015   August 2015 - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 7:00 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DONNIE!! LOL, congrats on the huge breakfast........
chocolate after breakfast is good for your blood sugar.......
that must have put you guys up around 300...........Are you guys home sleeping in a sugar coma?

Hope the day is great.

INDY.........good going. Sounds like Sophie loves going out for a trot.
It's fun to read that she is now a good cart horse..............

CB, I'm prob more excited than you are.......I can't wait to hear the report.

Well, ELLEN. you might get some Indian Summer to give you a bit more
swimming time. At least you can go jetting.............

Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: August 2015   August 2015 - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 2:29 pm

Donnie said "thanks!"

GRAYMARE
Yep, we were practically in a sugar coma yesterday. I never got a nap, I had a barn to clean, but Donnie was comatose on the couch for a couple of hours in the afternoon. One of the presents I got him was a sleep mask. It worked. Sleep
We never had lunch and at about time for dinner we dashed off to the movies, so didn't get any dinner except popcorn during the movie and birthday cake when we got home. Talk about a bad diet day! No It's a good thing birthdays only come once a year. (We saw 'Man from Uncle'. Good one!)

The cool front arrived, but we didn't get any rain from it. Today is pretty with lower humidity. Nice! Feels like fall.

The DirecTv guy is coming to fix our satellite dish this afternoon. Apparently it was damaged during the truck wreck and we didn't know it. Donnie has been trying to get it to work for the past few days and finally came to the conclusion that the dish's electronics were damaged when the receiver was destroyed in the crash. We may finally be back in t.v. business today, just in time for Annie to arrive on Saturday.

Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: August 2015   August 2015 - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 7:09 pm

GM we don't have to wait any longer, bluey had 3 puppies...by c section. she went into labor with hard contractions but that first lil boy pup got sideways....and I knew 2 hours into contractions was time to go....

We just got home, we have 2 lil black and white males and 1 lil blue and white female. it was touch and go, and I got to into surgery to help....loved doing that....hated paying the bill! but we pulled them thru! yay!

Money comes in money goes out...sigh....
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: August 2015   August 2015 - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 10:01 pm

CB, so glad you could save Mom & pups. Glad they're home so you can enjoy them cuddling with Mom. Since they have fancy color, hopefully
hope you can recoup your vet bill. Pictures!!!

Boy ARK, who could guess the crash could wreck your dish? Hopefully you're watching TV tonight.

About 48 and pouring here.............lots of roaring thunder. It's only
6P but I bet I doze off early..............perfect sleeping weather.
Rex is at our feet as we are watching TV. He is happy as he had a long run today about 3-4............I'm just making hot tea w honey.

Later gators...................

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: August 2015   August 2015 - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 10:43 pm

Yes, CB. We need pictures. I'm so glad you were able to save all of them.

It seems like early November today; cloudy all day, and the high was 63. My fuzzy blue bathrobe came out of the closet this evening. All the doors and windows are closed. NOOOOOO! I'm not ready for fall!!!

Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: August 2015   August 2015 - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 11:05 pm

I can only send pics to someone cell and let them post, I just havnt learned sorry.

Babies r chowin down and quiet, mom is eating and drinking well....she is on antibiotics ans baby aspirin for any pain. everytime I hear a whimper I will be up! have to watch she doesn't lay on one, even tho she is an excellent mom, it can happen...so I will be dilligent. this is my last puppy fix, has to be a good one. hubby is murmurring about keeping the blue...someone slap him for mr, k.

I can't worry about the money, it was necessary....so it was spent. when I sell them I will make a little....over the cost....but if u figure food, shots, dewclaws....with just 3 its oh heck!....but am glad they r doing so well. we worked on the stuck pup for almost 45 minutes before he breathed right....the anesthesia slows things down so much...I finally asked for a needle and poked its little muzzle and he squeaked and started breathing normally. the vet tech said she had never seen that but would remember it! we used it lots on c section puppies over the years. she and I were both suctioning and swingin pups and stimulating them....you have to wake them up. I love doing that vet tech stuff....specially when its my own babies. a good day.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: August 2015   August 2015 - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 1:22 pm

Wow ARK, lots of not so good news coming from virginia this morning. how awful for their families. latest I heard the shooter shot hisself, but is not dead. I think we have all been angered over something, but only time I would shoot is defense....maybe I'm more ok than I think....

Puppies r doing fine, so is mom. their lil bodies r filled out now and tummies pudgy, mom has good milk. course for breakfast she had eggs with cheese....she loves it!

Another great day here...love this weather we r having. hope y'all have some of this weather your way.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: August 2015   August 2015 - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 2:04 pm

Perfect day here.............Right now about 65, cool calm breeze........

5:30A walk over the hill w Rex revealed about 40 elk calmly chewing away
on grass...........Rex never bothered them or moved them..........perfect peace. They moved off by 7 as the day was on it's way for herd movement..................facinating here.

Everyone have a good day...........prayers for those in VA. Does the world have no end of crazies? I'll enjoy the peace I have here and know
we're all blessed.............horses, good dogs, good people!!!
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: August 2015   August 2015 - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 2:59 pm

No, there is no end to the crazies. Sad Our tv reception is now working and the first morning I get to catch the local news and it is about two of their journalists being killed by a former employee of the station. Unreal. How killing those two young people helped his situation is beyond me.

The station manager had been told the shooter had died by the police, so he told about the issues that got the former employee fired on the air. Then a few minutes later they were told the shooter hadn't died after all. I am sure the station manager would never have said anything if he had known the shooter was still alive. So it seems the guy had mental issues and thought everyone was against him. After an investigation after he was fired, they found no proof there was any discrimination towards him. He had an anger problem that got him fired. He got his revenge on the station by taking out two young people this morning. Sad for everyone.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: August 2015   August 2015 - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

August 2015
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next