Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

APRIL 2017

Go down 
+4
Manygatess
Graymare
cb
Ark
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Ellen E

APRIL 2017 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 14, 2017 11:05 pm

Rose, it's always good to hear from you. It has to be exciting to get closer to riding your own horse on trails again.
Big prayers for Robin's successful job hunt.

Graymare, any new adventures of Elbows and Common Sense and the Trouble Gang today?

It was a really nice day, warm and not windy. I got to open the door today to let in the fresh air. Love to do that.
Back to top Go down
Rose

Rose

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 15, 2017 12:23 am

Thanks so much ELLEN, for the prayers for Robin. It would be so good for her and the family.

GM, please give ELBOWS a big gentle hug (and Common Sense too) for keeping us all entertained, actually all the Trouble Gang. Great idea about a central place for vaccinations. We've done that with canines and felines several times.

ARK, thanks so much for posting my horse pics. I won't be able to do the extensive riding that you are, but I sure can enjoy those distance rides through you.

CB, good on you for the bike riding. Proud of you. Will your trip include anyplace in SC this time?

TRUDY, good news on the well and have a wonderful big Easter celebration.

Thanks everyone for the good thoughts and prayers for Robin.

Got an early morning Rescue transport so better head to bed.

Hugs all around.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 15, 2017 2:14 am

Thanks for writing ROSE......we miss you.  Yes, big prayers going up for ROBIN.  I'm very excited to hear of your first riding experience on your wonderful VANNER.

I didn't talk to Elbows today.  Common Sense' brother had a huge heart attack about a week before Elbows crashed.  He did not fly out there right away as his brother was in an induced coma and only hid kids were allowed in.  So, now things have progressed and Sense is probably going out next week for two nights.  SOOOOOOOOO, all the Troubles received a text with RULES.  Yes.  RULES.  She can only go out with us in the daytime.  Her cousin is here from MN for supervision.  She is a serious type so we're buying her a clipboard to keep track of all defiance for 3 days.  One of the blah blahs is making her a spreadsheet for all interactions that pose risk.

I'll tell you, we're having a ball with this.  Who in the world breaks both elbows?  We take it seriously but just can't stop razzing her............well, and Common Sense.  They're a great couple.
Anyhow, today was Holy Friday so they were busy with church in the morning, the rest of us late afternoon.  We're in a more reflective and serious mood for the week end.

ROSE, only one trailer came to "shots & exam" day.  In years past we've had more here, but, also, as years have gone by a few of the gang have sold horses.  I thought there would be more.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 15, 2017 10:36 am

ELLEN:
April the Giraffe is busy giving birth!  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClnQCgFa9lCBL-KXZMOoO9Q/live
At 9:15 a.m., she has two baby legs hanging out about a foot....

ROSE:
 Good to see your post!!  And please post long ones,  I enjoy reading what is going on.  I hope Robin gets the job.  Sounds like a good one.  And HURRAY about your riding adventures!!! wavy  

GRAYMARE:
 Elbows has a very good attitude.  Your friends are really helping to keep her 'up'. wavy   A cruise sounds great!  Where would you like to go?  Alaska might be nice...

CB:
 My sister, Vicki,  got the big seat for her bike and really likes it.  She and hubby are down in Naples, FL for the next 2 weeks.  I could get into that.  

TRUDY:
 Happy Easter!  I hope you and George have a great one at your church!

We took Ivan and Areion to a new place yesterday, Dismal Falls.  We missed the turn off, it wasn't well marked.  Then when we found it, we had to go 3 miles straight up a potholed, rocky road to the top of a mountain.  I swear I could hear "Deliverance" music.   Rolling Eyes  There was no cell service, of course, and we couldn't find Lori, who was supposed to be bringing another lady and horse in her trailer.  So we cruised around looking at the horse campgrounds and side roads and finally found where we were supposed to be, and Lori wasn't there.  We decided to go home when Lori showed up in her car without the lady, who had cancelled.   By this time it was getting late, so we decided to go on a short ride to loosen up the horses after that trailer ride up the mountain, and convince Ivan that not all rides are fast ones.  This was a walking ride.  
After we got on the trail, it was very pretty.  Rocky as all get out, but the forest and creeks were quite nice.  We did have to crawl over, around and through several downed trees on the trail, but both Areion and Ivan handled that really well.  Areion was great, this was her most technical trail to date and she just cruised right thru it.  When we re-crossed the creek on the way back, she took the steeper way into the creek and stopped with her rear end above her shoulders while she got a drink. Laughing   She is a funny horse.   Ivan and I took the less steep path into the creek thru a couple of tight trees and he didn't bang my knees into them.  Nice horse.  We were only out a little over an hour, but it was a nice ride.  

APRIL 2017 - Page 4 Donnie10

APRIL 2017 - Page 4 Dianei12

APRIL 2017 - Page 4 Loridi13
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 15, 2017 12:45 pm

Ark, that looks like a beautiful place to ride. Now that you know where it is, you can go try it again for a little longer ride. The more you go, the better it gets.

I forgot about April and didn't get here soon enough to see your notice, but did go look at some pictures of the new baby.

Today is a nice spring day. I have the door open to let in the nice warm air, and the sounds on the lake.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 15, 2017 1:40 pm

I saw the baby giraffe go plop! She ran around for an hour with legs hanging out, i was worried, but then the head and then the next push plop...it was neat to see...but a long wait.

Rose, glad u posted, always like to see ur posts. Dont know if s.c. will be on this trip, ill keep u posted.

Ark, another nice place to ride! 

GM, like hearing about all your crazy friends, lol. I mean that in a good way.

Ellen, we have had ac on here for over a month now, day and most nights..going to be in the 90s this week.... Neutral
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 15, 2017 1:41 pm

Trudy, have a great Easter.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 15, 2017 8:24 pm

ARK, looks like you had a great ride.............lovely country. I'm also so glad Shadow is now happy & working out.

I'm sending Easter prayers for all and good health to all.
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 16, 2017 9:23 am

Happy Easter everyone. He has Risen.....
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 16, 2017 9:32 am

Yes, Trudy, He is Risen! Hallelujah!

Happy Easter, everybody.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 16, 2017 10:03 am

Yes, Hallelujah!!!

Happy Easter everyone...............
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 16, 2017 10:54 am

Happy Easter foops and foopettes, have a sunshiny day.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 17, 2017 10:13 am

Did everyone eat too much Easter dinner or didjas get lost hunting eggs?  Hmmmmm...? Inquiring minds want to know.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 17, 2017 10:40 am

It looks like spring is finally here to stay. It's bright and sunny this morning, and the lake is like glass. My tulips are a riot of reds, oranges, and pinks.
Yesterday, I went to a cousin's house. The family is growing and spreading out, so there weren't as many there as in the past. There was only one little girl to hunt for eggs. The 12 and 13 year old girl and boy helped to hide the eggs for the 4 year old. Next year there will be two more babies, but they won't quite be ready to hunt for eggs by then. My cousin uses the hollow plastic Easter eggs and puts either candy or a little bit of money in them.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 17, 2017 8:11 pm

Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 17, 2017 8:15 pm

LOL, heart.....................let it melt away..............so cute.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 17, 2017 11:08 pm

Awwwww. That is soooo cute! And, she can sing!

Tonight was Disney night on DWTS. I love that night each season. It's fun the way they move the animated characters in and out of the screen. The dance teams usually enjoy what they are doing, and do a better dance because of it. Simone Biles didn't get the highest scores, but she did the best dance of the night.
Trudy, Maks will be back next week. Smile
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 18, 2017 7:12 am

Spent the day doing the after Easter clean up yesterday, then just relaxed and sat around enjoying the nice sunny day. Our big Easter dinner was nice although not drama free. Little Gemma was taken to the ER with a rash all over her little body, no word on what caused it. Kids having kids. GGRRRRRRRR Poor baby. So we didn't get to see her or her so called parents.

We filled Bailee with candy and she was a pip, making the adult grandkids run around and play with her, she wore them out. Now they know how we felt when they were 4 years old. LOL The egg hunt was a success, she found every egg. This year we were careful with the eggs so none will turn up weeks later. LOL

Spring is trying to arrive and stay around but old man winter is hanging around trying to sneak back later this week.

ELLEN: Poor Maks...he really was hurt. He is still my very favorite.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 18, 2017 10:16 am

Trudy, any news on the baby? Sorry you didnt get quality hug time with her. Sounds like it went well and there was good family time.

Have some exrays to get done today....and then to grocery store, hii lights of my boring life. Truly living vicariously thru what others are doing right now. 
Hohum....

Later taters
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 18, 2017 11:15 am

GRAYMARE
That was a cute video! I bet we see more of her in a few years.

TRUDY
Hope the baby is okay. Did you use real eggs on your hunt? Seems like lots of people use plastic eggs these days. I guess they don't rot as fast... Laughing

ELLEN
I watched the giraffe baby get born. That was quite a drop for him! They sure got attention for their zoo.

CB
I went to the dentist yesterday. Another molar cap coming soon....sigh.... Someday an archeologist is going to did up a skull filled with metal teeth... affraid

We had much needed rain yesterday, the grass will grow like crazy now. Mowing, mowing, mowing....

Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 18, 2017 12:50 pm

Our Easter was a calm group of adults............we don't ave any tiny ones, so no Easter egg hunt.  Next door, 5 kids, no egg hunt there either.  I believe theirs was at their church on Saturday.........we g to the same church, altho they are in the younger adult groups rather than seniors.  Our service was on Saturday afternoon at 4:30p........
So sorry TRUDY your g kids are having maturity problems raising the baby.  It seems everything has changed regarding parenting in our country in addition to either marriage or no marriage.  I readily admit to a huge generation gap.

Well, ELBOWS' adventures continue.  I was wrong.  Common Sense is going to see his brother next week flying out early one day and returning late night next day.  ELBOWS
went to her doctor yesterday but I don't have a report yet...........Monday morning 2:45 AM my cell phone rang.  Ha, it was her, called in error.  She was up and using her pen to delete phone messages.................ha, and called.  The ring scared me, but she was mortified she pushed call.  I laughed, TL was totally out of focus, Common Sense wondered what the he ll was going on.  I told hm we were all meeting at Denny's in 15 minutes.  ELBOWS & I laughed, not a word from Common Sense or TL...........
So, because ELBOWS had her Dr appt yest and the morning started off on a
"silly ring", will talk to ELBOWS more today.  Nobody can believe our adventures.  TL & I were tied up yesterday as we are plowing up our pasture to air out our ground & new grass...........so BUSY.  I'll call ELBOWS to see how she is healing.  Headed off to reserve a "something or other" to put on my tractor to spread fertilizer before ripping pasture.  Mess will be finished by Friday.......then regrowth after irrigation will take time with horses off.  This is the year.

No other news.  In the meantime, continue singing.  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 18, 2017 10:01 pm

Hey................Public Service Announcement:  Attn all slackers:
Blue Light Special open for all to add a note!!!  Hurry hurry...........

ELBOWS is doing well.............arms are healing well.  Of course she will have PT but that's a long time off.............She got a new computer so that is keeping her busy in the head.  LOL, esp since she can't really type well.  Common Sense is bringing her to breakfast tomorrow at our hang out.  There will be 10 of us.......bring on the pecan rolls............
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 18, 2017 11:32 pm

Since Elbows has a new computer, can she add speech to text so she could just talk and do what she needs to do, sort of like voice activated cellphones?  There is a program called "Dragon" that isn't too expensive, available on Amazon, starting at about $27 and up.  It might make typing a lot less tedious.  While my woes weren't nearly as bad as hers, it made me tired to try to type with one hand - and that was only for 2 weeks.
I'm glad to hear that she is healing correctly and well.
I'll take a sausage and cheese biscuit for breakfast, please.

To my surprise, after a couple of hours on the battery tender, my lawn tractor started right up.  I don't need to mow yet, but the tractor needed to be moved since they will be burying an electric line where it was sitting.  
This whole large area around all these lakes has just had a new sewer system put in.  It has taken over a year to get the project done.  Each house or two houses, has a grinder pump that send the effluence from the houses to the main sewer lines, and then to the treatment plant.  Each homeowner is responsible for getting the electricity from the pump to the circuit box, and then for the sewer line from the house to the pump.  It's going to hit my budget with a bit of a wallop, but it has to be done.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 19, 2017 12:05 am

ELLEN, ELBOWS' Dr told her to move her fingers best she can to use them......not for hours obviously, but move them, not her arms..........LOL, it's the ole sling trick................she's doing great and a great spirit about the whole mess.  God is good.
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 19, 2017 7:06 am

CB: The baby is fine. Thanks for asking about her. The rash went away. They need serious parenting classes. If I was 20 years younger, I'd raise that baby, now I'm afraid I'd put her down and forget where I put her. LOL I give a lot of accolades to grandparents who raise their grandbabies.

ARK: We use plastic eggs and fill them with candy and cash. Bailee was very excited about the egg with a dollar bill in it. What a find that was. She was so cute, she made piles out of what was in the eggs. Chocolate, jelly beans, coins and the wonderful dollar bill, then had to have 4 baggies to put her treats in.
Good luck with your new crown. I have lost count on how many I actually have now.

GARYMARE: Your friends are a riot. What a grand bunch of friends to hang out with. Love the tales of Elbows. I use a stylus to type on my phone, they work really well. Glad she is healing. Have fun plowing up your field.

ELLEN: Oh boy, lucky you. A new sewage bill to have to fit into your budget. They always find a way to spend out cash don't they.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 19, 2017 10:52 am

Dr says i have screwed up my rotator cuff...arghhhhh....and pulled muscles in my back.....i wanted to say "no shit"....but i behaved myself. I knew that much. If ritatir isnt better when we get back, i will have mri, possible surgery. It better heal dangit. All by itself....no lifting or reaching....hah!
Not much else going on here....pretty humdrum dreary day, but will be in the 80s later.
Trudy, glad baby is ik. Did they know what rash was from?

Ellen, sorry about the sewer hookup, i know they can be spendy, but i guess next to the lake its needed to protect from sny leeching.

GM, that was too funny about going to dennys...its no wonder the guys were quiet, they were trying to figure if you gals were serious or not!!!

Ark, doing any riding? How are you feeling now?

Rose, you enjoy ur rides this year!

Beech, is ur snow gone?

Indy ap, how r things
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

APRIL 2017
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next