Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

MAY 2018 !!!

Go down 
+3
Ellen E
Graymare
Ark
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Ellen E

MAY   2018  !!! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAY 2018 !!!   MAY   2018  !!! - Page 3 EmptyMon May 14, 2018 11:33 am

Ark, did you get your hay baled and in the barn before any rain?
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: MAY 2018 !!!   MAY   2018  !!! - Page 3 EmptyMon May 14, 2018 2:01 pm

ELLEN:
 Yep!  The hay is in the barn!!  Donnie baled 69 lovely little round bales off the lower field.  He guessed the numbers pretty close this time, he estimated between 60 and 75 bales.  They are sure nice looking, he works hard at making the grass better.    We haven't gotten any rain yet, but the forecast says we may get some every day this week.  Donnie timed our hay well, we didn't see anyone else baling.  It is great to have some good hay, what we bought was not very good quality.  With the grazing muzzles working out, we may not have to buy any this coming year, just make our own.  Fingers crossed..... Very Happy

MAY   2018  !!! - Page 3 Donnie12

Lori is coming this afternoon for a riding lesson. I was supposed to go on a trail ride yesterday with her and a couple of friends at Pandapas Pond, but had to put hay in the barn. It was sure a pretty day for both making hay and riding, although it was very warm. There was a breeze, though.

TRUDY:
Ooops, I called your son your grandson. Sorry about that. I am very glad he wasn't hurt in his accident.

CB:
Just a nosy question....why not live in the house until it sells? I hope it is squared away soon and you get to do what you want. Your dogs are cute!

GRAYMARE:
I think we got your warm weather the past few days. We went from the coldest April ever to about 90 degrees. Whew! Shade is good.

ELLEN:
I hope the dock guys get to you today! Our tulips are past now. I put my patient survivor houseplants outside the other day, they need the sunshine. My houseplants either live or die, but probably suffer my neglect. I am much better with animals than plants, I can never remember to water the poor things. I have one plant that is 40 years old and I have no idea why it hasn't just committed suicide. It's outside now, too. I got it for 2 bucks in 1978 as a little bitty plant, it is now huge. Outside helps it, I guess.
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: MAY 2018 !!!   MAY   2018  !!! - Page 3 EmptyMon May 14, 2018 2:03 pm

Ark, if we lived in the house, it would be a mess everytime someone wanted to look...lol, we are messy.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: MAY 2018 !!!   MAY   2018  !!! - Page 3 EmptyMon May 14, 2018 5:22 pm

We have camper in the driveway plugged in, orobably use less power that way too.
Do you cut bale and stack all in one day? Ive never put up hay that quickly....
Back to top Go down
Rose

Rose

PostSubject: Re: MAY 2018 !!!   MAY   2018  !!! - Page 3 EmptyMon May 14, 2018 10:22 pm

ARK, that hay is gorgeous! If we get the rain weatherman predicted our hay fields will thrive, they are way to short now! Mr. Andrews, our hay guy, got us some gorgeous hay last year but ran out in early April and had to buy some to supply his clients. Now with Bud added to the herd we will need more this week. And our boys are really, really fussy about their hay. They'd rather munch the short new grass then eat the the lesser hay!!! Mad

TRUDY, Maxx sure deserved that hug for confusing the idiot human. I'm hoping I can find some pepper spray that will spray a stream 10-15 feet. I don't want to kill, just disable long enough for us to get away from any aggressive animals. Besides I'm a really good shot with my revolver, but with Jack dancing around and a moving target I'm not that confident.

GM, We plan on at least one 2-4 hr ride weekly. She wants to take Bud on Fox Hunts but he needs to slim down and tighten those muscles up some. They don't actually catch or harm the foxes but love to gallop through the woods and fields. Hoping also that Bud hasn't developed a hatred of dogs because of our incident as the hounds run around them and sometimes through their legs.

ELLEN, I'm afraid Harvick is monopolizing Nascar this year and I really dislike him and his arrogance, hoping that Martin Truex makes a comeback real soon, or at least someone beside Harvick!

CB, I thought a toy hauler was just an enclosed trailer to haul things in, no conveniences like stove, sink, bed and bathroom, ac or heat. Is this one different? Hope the darn house sells soon so you and Harry can move on with your lives.

Hugs all around!
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: MAY 2018 !!!   MAY   2018  !!! - Page 3 EmptyMon May 14, 2018 10:49 pm

Toyhauker rvs are much fancier....camper with seoarate bedroom, kitchen, living room, bath, door into tbe garage part, where when not storing toys is 2 more beds that come down from the ceiling, the tailgate or ramp can also serve as a patio, suspended from cables. They are more exoensive than just a camper the same size.
Im just not crazy for it...
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: MAY 2018 !!!   MAY   2018  !!! - Page 3 EmptyTue May 15, 2018 12:50 am

CB:
Donnie cut the hay late Thursday afternoon and we baled and stacked it on Sunday afternoon. We had three hot days in a row and it dried very nicely.
I don't think I have ever seen a toy hauler trailer. You will have to post pix when you get it.....

ROSE:
Our horses are refusing to eat the hay I bought, some of it wasn't good and they are also getting picky, they want grass, too. They do like Donnie's hay, which makes sense since it is the same grass. The grazing muzzles are starting to work pretty well, they have stopped fighting me when I put them on and no one has gotten theirs off for a few days.
That's so wonderful about you and Robin getting your riding act together!! wavy I am very happy for you!

We didn't get the predicted rain today, just a few sprinkles. Lori came for lessons and I rode both horses, although not long on Areion. She seems to be in a mood. I suspect hormones are kicking in with her, she has been somewhat of a drama queen lately. I would get her spayed if it didn't cost so much and I wasn't afraid it would hurt her somehow. I don't plan to ever breed her. She is officially my last horse.

Did you know that there is an adult version of Pony Club? Apparently so! Lori and I are checking it out and if it isn't too far away, we may join it. She can ride Areion, which she wants to do because her mustang is having joint problems in his hocks. This will be good for Areion and I won't have to pay for lessons. It sounds like fun and you don't have to have been a Pony Club kid to join. Stay tuned..... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: MAY 2018 !!!   MAY   2018  !!! - Page 3 EmptyTue May 15, 2018 8:57 pm

A lot of years ago, I helped out a little bit with a Pony Club. It was a good organization for teaching kids about how to care for their horses, their tack, how to ride dressage, some cross country riding, and show jumping. They had a lot of fun and learned a lot.
Something like that for adults would be good. I'm sure the focus would be a little different, but still good.
Back to top Go down
Rose

Rose

PostSubject: Re: MAY 2018 !!!   MAY   2018  !!! - Page 3 EmptyTue May 15, 2018 11:00 pm

We had some really nice hay Mr. Andrews delivered today.  The 3 boys think they are Heaven Bound and Jack is steadily stealing from everyone.  I truly love my cow pony but he is a little $%it, and so darn cute while he's doing it!  Yesterday I was rubbing his rump while in the pasture, he immediately pinned those pretty ears, turned his head, saw it was me, and up went those pretty ears!  Can we say rotten!!! bounce  

ARK, let me hear all you learn about the Pony Club please.

CB, that sounds like a pretty awesome camper/toy hauler!  Wow, bet you will learn to love it!

ELLEN, that Pony Club with an Adult Version sounds really good, am interested!

Hugs for all!
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: MAY 2018 !!!   MAY   2018  !!! - Page 3 EmptyWed May 16, 2018 11:48 pm

One of the games we used to play with the kids was to have them take their bridles completely apart, every piece. Then we piled all the pieces in one big heap, all mixed up. The first one to find all the correct pieces and get their bridle put back together was the winner. They played the game, and learned how to thoroughly clean a bridle and put it back together. Having clean tack and clean horse was a big priority. 20 bridles, most of which looked very similar, in pieces made for a bit of a challenge, and some laughs when pieces were put in backward or upside down.

Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: MAY 2018 !!!   MAY   2018  !!! - Page 3 EmptyFri May 18, 2018 2:58 pm

We have sunshine today.  YIPPEEEE First day without rain but more is on the way later tonight and tomorrow.

I spent the morning at the eye doctor, getting my new instructions, good grief I'm going to be spending my whole day doing things to my eyes for the next 4 weeks until the first surgery.  4 drops a day of this, 2 drops of that, 1 drop of this, hot compresses 3 times a day.  And a new drop that my insurance or Medicare will not even pay for.  Can't wait to see the cost of that eye drop.  Darn dry eyes.  Then I get to to do it all over for the second eye.  This surgery better work!!!!!!

Enjoy the sun if anyone is getting sunshine.  I'm off to walk Ace and not get wet.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: MAY 2018 !!!   MAY   2018  !!! - Page 3 EmptyFri May 18, 2018 9:29 pm

Trudy, it will be worth it. Hang in there.

Well, I did disconnect from DirecTV. Mediacom assured me that I would be paying less. Yeah. Right. I got the new bill today. It was less than $2 difference. That's not what I was told when I added TV. As soon as I figure out what I want to switch to, it's gone.
It's no wonder so many people are "cord cutting".

Today has been rather chilly and rainy. Not a nice spring day. Tomorrow is the Antique Outboard Motor Show in town and my cousins will be coming up for that. Not supposed to be nice for that either.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: MAY 2018 !!!   MAY   2018  !!! - Page 3 EmptyFri May 18, 2018 10:46 pm

Oh gosh, ELLEN, sorry about the TV hassle........hope they get it figured out in your favor.

Our wild horses are getting hit by cars on the Bush highway........3 in a week. The highway goes along the river and drivers are just ignorant. The are huge signs to slow down and watch for horses and a computerized blinking sign on both sides of the road. What's wrong with today's drivers? I just don't get it..................

Our country is in a he ll of a mess. Another school shooting. Prayers for the families
and our country..............

Meanwhile, I just stare at my horses happily eating grass and at peace. Horses are medicine.

PEACE to all............God bless.

Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: MAY 2018 !!!   MAY   2018  !!! - Page 3 EmptySat May 19, 2018 6:49 am

I looked up the cost of the new eye drops.  Is everyone sitting down?  $567 at CVS $534 at Walmart.  affraid Are they kidding me?  There is NO way I am paying over $500 for eye drops.  Not going to happen. What is wrong with the pharmaceutical companies?  Who can afford that for eye drops???  I thought the $71 for the last drops was outrageous, this is just beyond ridiculous. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: MAY 2018 !!!   MAY   2018  !!! - Page 3 EmptySat May 19, 2018 9:36 am

Did anybody else happen to see the Royal Wedding? I didn't get up to watch it, but it was on when I turned on the TV. I was more interested in seeing the horses in the procession. (silliness coming) I didn't see a single manure spot on those white and gray horses. With all those horses, I'll bet there are some tired grooms today.
One rider had his hands full; his horse didn't feel like just trotting along in a straight sedate line. He danced and fidgeted all the way.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: MAY 2018 !!!   MAY   2018  !!! - Page 3 EmptySat May 19, 2018 9:40 am

I got up and watched it on my phone live feed. I loved her train but thought her dress very plain and not fitting well. Her hair kept straying strands , her hairdressers should be fired. They fixed the one strand when they left to sign papers, but i did like the mix on the ceremony. Very nice wedding.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: MAY 2018 !!!   MAY   2018  !!! - Page 3 EmptySat May 19, 2018 10:52 am

I'm still watching THE EVENT in England..........I thought it was lovely and sent a message of
love to all.................with a real sense of diversity. The Queen looked like an old tired woman
with no expression at all. I guess it was just one more command performance for her. I liked watching Harry say to Megan at the alter "you look amazing".............that's what it looked to me. He looks really happy and so did Megan. I felt the "preacher man" sure took us to church and gave a message. of what God is about.

Now, for me, it's on to the Preakness, go Justify...........

Everyone hav a happy day.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: MAY 2018 !!!   MAY   2018  !!! - Page 3 EmptySat May 19, 2018 12:06 pm

Preakness coverage starts at 2:30 EST on NBCsn and lasts until 5:00, when it goes to regular NBC.
Go Justify!
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: MAY 2018 !!!   MAY   2018  !!! - Page 3 EmptySat May 19, 2018 1:28 pm

TRUDY. my friend just had that happen w a heart pill..........her cost was something like $500/mo.
She said "no", too. She told her doc he had to choose one from Walmart list. HE said they're not as good, she said "they're good enough for me". It's crazy with meds, for sure.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: MAY 2018 !!!   MAY   2018  !!! - Page 3 EmptySat May 19, 2018 4:11 pm

Baltimore track looks muddy as it is raining on & off there.................only 8 horses in the race so should be safe. We'll see.

Can you tell I'm wound up over the race? lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: MAY 2018 !!!   MAY   2018  !!! - Page 3 EmptySat May 19, 2018 5:08 pm

Here I am again. The Preakness always reminds me of Rosie Napravnik........she's retired now from racing and while doing so won 13 millions dollars...............not bad for a little girl that started racing ponies as a child..............here's a great photo of her and the horse flying with all 4 feet off the ground.................

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/84/Midnight_Lucky.jpg

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: MAY 2018 !!!   MAY   2018  !!! - Page 3 EmptySat May 19, 2018 6:04 pm

Rosie's husband is a trainer. I'd bet that she at least rides some morning workouts. The last I read about her, she hadn't said she was completely done with riding, but after having two baby boys, I would be surprised if she raced again.
With what she won, I doubt that her family will want for anything.
I went to look at the antique outboard motors for a while, visited with cousins, had a cherry milkshake, and came home to watch the races. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: MAY 2018 !!!   MAY   2018  !!! - Page 3 EmptySat May 19, 2018 6:41 pm

Boy, it's an ugly day there today for a big race.................it sure puts it in another contest but I think no contest for Justify.................

Yes, Rosie's husband is a trainer in New Orleans.........she loves being a mom but I would guess you're right Ellen, she prob runs horses now & then, even if it's for fun.

Almost time...........I'm sure it's nervous time for Baffert.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: MAY 2018 !!!   MAY   2018  !!! - Page 3 EmptySat May 19, 2018 7:58 pm

WHOOHOO!!!! He did it!!!  Not as big as the Derby, but a win is a win!  There is a chance for a Triple Crown winner again this year.
I'd really like to see what he could do on a dry track. Maybe the Belmont will have better weather.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: MAY 2018 !!!   MAY   2018  !!! - Page 3 EmptySat May 19, 2018 8:06 pm

Great race, foggy and sloppy, but all were safe.

So now there's a possibility of a triple crown winner................way too exciting.

hug
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: MAY 2018 !!!   MAY   2018  !!! - Page 3 EmptySat May 19, 2018 8:11 pm

I was just watching Justify being walked back to the barn. He looks calm and comfortable.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MAY 2018 !!!   MAY   2018  !!! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

MAY 2018 !!!
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next