Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

December 2012

Go down 
+9
Rick Angell
Graymare
sunny 57
cb
Carol W
Indyapp
Manygatess
Ellen E
Ark
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Manygatess

December 2012 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 7:29 am

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL MY FOOP FRIENDS...GOD BLESS
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 10:17 am

Wishing all a very Merry, Happy Thanksgiveoweenmas !!

Our excitement for the day will come this afternoon/evening with family.

Let's (at least) keep in our good thoughts and prayers those folk that are unable to enjoy the holiday with family and friends. Be it for military reasons or for "personal" reasons.

Love to all from this household to you and yours...

Rick, Carol, Snoop and the Phony Pony
Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 1:07 pm

Good Morning and Merry Christmas!

It’s starting out as a beautiful sunny day with just a dusting of snow left from Friday in those places the sun doesn’t get to like under the trees and the shadow of the house. Water tank was frozen, but then that was because the breaker tripped for some reason. Without electricity the water tank heater doesn’t work, go figure. Horses were fluffy with a light frost on their whiskers when I went out to feed and are currently contentedly munching on their hay. My kind of winter morning.

Now it’s time to settle in for a mid-morning, post egg casserole breakfast snooze. Must rest up for the family get together this evening.
Back to top Go down
TallyPam

TallyPam

PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 1:59 pm

Merry Christmas!!

Lovely morning here even if it's a bit damp. Warmish. Though I miss snow on Christmas I'll take this........

Got lots of gifts from my fella this morning and will go over to the kids and grands for dinner this afternoon. Cooking cornbread dressing, tart cherry pie and Nick's favorite, Green Bean casserole....

Your are all in my thoughts and prayers this beautiful day.
Back to top Go down
sunny 57

sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 2:18 pm

Have a verry merry christmas with friends and family and a blessed new year,
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 8:25 pm

Oh brother, gang, this had to be good. I'm sorry I missed it.......SO:

Last week my friend lost her debit card. She immediately called and cancelled it. She found it yesterday and put it aside to be shredded.
Husband sees it sitting there and takes it to their dresser and sets it up there. Now it's Christmas morning and family is all around.
Husband and bro in law decide to play the big one. They pretended to head out for a jog but had BIL's cell phone. Daughter had video recorder in the house. BIL calls and asks for my friend, then states he is from Wells Fargo fraud department and her debit/credit card had several charges that didn't appear normal. They asked her if she had rented two rooms in a very upscale hotel in Mexico City for 3 nights. Of course she said "no". She explained she had already cancelled the card etc. BiL
and husband had the card so BIL asks her if the card # is such & such and she replied "yes". He then explained that that card # had not been cancelled and she will be responsible for the charges. My friend went tilt as you would expect. They went round and round and friend got REALLY angry etc.......I hear the video is HYSTERICAL.

Anyhow, they are all at friend's house a bit schnockered, and the video is now the hit of 2012. We just got home and we're too tired to go see it today but it is going to be shown NY's eve, as I hear it.

Anyhow it sure made me laugh and the gang is having a ball with the joke..........................

Our family Christmas was dull. We ate and ate and had a good day and we're now home stuffed...................

Merry rest of Christmas day!
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 8:51 pm

Our Christmas started out at 4 a.m. with a thunder and lightning and rain for over an hour....that woke everyone up! Then we fed in the dark to get to Jessis' house to see girls open up the presents....we all had a good time...kids made out like lil bandits....

Then saugage gravy, pancakes, bixcuits for breakfast.then we had crab and ham dip, cheese and suagage plate, cream cheese with hot pepper rasberry sauce over it...oh YUM! Then for early dinner we had ham and green bean casserole, mashed taters, veggies, rolls....oh yum once again and cherry cheesecake and pink fluff for dessert....we king of rolled out the door into the COLD...yes the wind is blowing and its COLD...I no like!...feels like 25 right now according to the weather station...brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....

Hope everyone had a great day or will have coming up....with family or friends....makes life interesting...and Graymare your friends would probably be shot if they did that to me!
Oh wow...poor lady....

Sweet Dreams!

Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 9:01 pm

CB, this family is crazy fun, old ranching stock and their Christmas is huge with lots of kids and grands, but I do imagine husband and BIL are in a bit of a deep bag of sh it. I don't know. We all simply got phone messages and invited up to the ranch (which is fairly far from here). So, I'm just guessing the video will be scheduled for NY's eve. Right after the video will probably be the hanging. It will all play out funny, for sure.
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 11:12 pm

Carol worked last night...home this morning usual time. We went to see the movie LES MISERABLES as this was opening day/night for this film. This was done like a movie with good acting...but the dialog was sung. It was a very powerful presentation with strong emotions. I;ll admit it...I left the theatre with a case of sniffles. GO SEE IT!!

After the movie. we picked up Carol's mom and then went to Kid Cameron's for dinner and opening of a few presents.

You saw (as a preview) the poem I wrote for Carol to go along with her gift cert. for spa. Let's just say I got a hug after she was finally able to read it aloud. I guess I'm safe then for awhile longer.

Hope we can all have a prosperous, happy, and healthy New Year.

Love to all, Rick
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 12:34 pm

RICK, our kids all went to see LES MIS yesterday, also. Today they are all back at work. TL & I plan on going but we didn't want to go in the big crowds here. We are both in low gear after our running over Christmas. We have commitments in Jan and can't get sick. SO, later afternoon here at our house was a finish up a couple of things outside, back in for dinner, light the tree and relax. We had a great family luncheon at noon.

We are praying for everyone for a good healthy new year.
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 1:35 pm

Graymare...knowing you to be the "tough gal" you are...I will STILL recommend you take some tissues for you and TL. It is THAT powerful and good. This movie really explained/presented the story to me in a way I could begin to comprehend. I've heard the music around the house so many, many times. In fact...(I'll NEVER say a word to her about this)...I heard Carol whispering the words along with the movie. SHE has always been enthralled with it.

There was a sentiment expressed at the end that really got to me...basically it was: "when you have (truly) loved someone, you have seen the face of God"....wow!!...so true!!...and even applies to our group here!!

We are lazy here today...it rained off/on through out the night and was rather hard when I woke up earlier. Still rather overcast and cool/damp. This will be a good day to be one of ARK's 'slugs'!!

Have a good one!!

Love to all...RICK!!
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 1:45 pm

ok, Graymare, where are you off to in January...I'll hum you don't get sick so you can enjoy whatever it is! Ya know you can't leave things out there, inquiring minds are gonna ask...or nosey broad whichever category I fit in! Wink

Cold here this morning...down to about 20 last night...brrrr...this I don't like! Wanted to hit the xmas sales today, but I think it will wait...til another WARMER day! Hope ya'll are safe for those who traveled..

Hope everyone had a great Christms and sent good thoughts to those who needed them this year.

Later y'all I'm burrowing back under the covers...just fixed Ham and Eggs for breakfast with toast and ovaltine malt ...yummy stuff....and I am also stuffed....need a long winters nap..
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 6:44 pm

RICK, I've been blessed as I have seen Les Mis twice in NY.......................oh boy, lots of tissues. TL & I LOVE that musical.

CB, we're not going anywhere but school starts in a bit over a week and I'll be back coaching Ima.......

Oh gosh, the western thriller is getting better. Sundown Couch Man (better known as Mattress Man to the rest of us) can't find his remote..............
heh heh heh heh. I would bet maybe, just maybe, it simply disappeared all by itself. LMAO, or did it?
I can't wait for this to unfold....................

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 12:26 am

JoAnna told me to tell you all a heartfelt thank you. There was some brain damage, but her brain seems to be compensating and bypassing the damaged area, leaving her speech and motor skills intact.

We did have a bit of a snow storm today, but this area didn't get very much. Maybe a couple of inches. Hearing the cars on my street said that it was slcik for a while, but the snow plow came though and fixed that. Before the plow came through, one snowmobile made a run down the road. I susapect that ny neighbor is hoping for more snow to come.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 11:11 am

Good morning. Today some of us gals are going to Cavalia....we're meeting for lunch later this morning and then headed to the big tent. We've gone two other times over the years. The one time was in LV at Cowboy Christmas when I sat next to Dennis Reis. That's just how the tickets fell. Anyhow, we are all cranked up for a good time.

I am so cranked I woke/got up at 3:30A thinking it was 6:15A. Ha, glasses are obviously needed to see the time. Brother. Life gets funnier and funnier each year. Shocked

Everyone have a good day. God bless. Prayers for ALL.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 11:24 am

Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 12:15 pm

OMG.....................we REALLY are funny............................

RETARDED" GRANDPARENTS

Written by a third grader , on what his grandparents do.

After Christmas , a teacher asked her young pupils how they spent

their holiday away from school. One child wrote the following:

We always used to spend the holidays with Grandma and

Grandpa. They used to live in a big brick house , but Grandpa got

retarded and they moved to Florida . Now they live in a tin box that has

wheels, but its strapped to the ground. They ride around on their

bicycles , and wear name tags , because they don't know who they are

anymore. They go to a building called a wreck center, but they must

have got it fixed because it is all okay now, they do exercises there , but

they don't do them very well. There is a swimming pool too, but they all

just jump up and down in it with hats on. At their gate, there is a doll

house with a little old man sitting in it. He watches all day so nobody

can escape. Sometimes they sneak out, and go cruising in their golf carts.

Nobody there cooks, they just eat out. And, they eat the same thing

every night - early birds. Some of the people can't get out past the man

in the doll house. The ones who do get out, bring food back to the

wrecked center for pot luck. My Grandma says that Grandpa worked all

his life to earn his retardment and , says I should work hard so I can be

retarded someday too. When I earn my retardment, I want to be the

man in the doll house. Then I will let people out, so they can visit their

grandchildren.

Back to top Go down
Carol W

Carol W

PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 12:44 pm

LOL Graymare .... sounds like this park ..... never thought how it might look to a child. hahahaha

Have a great day!!!!!

Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 1:55 pm

Graymare...this is NOT a filmed version of the musical you have seen. This is a MOVIE...and has taken LES MIS to a whole nother HIGHER/GREATER realm.!

I've "liked" the musical..sae a live production years ago by a touring group...Carol has the 10th year as well as 25th year anniversary productions on video....they pale compared to the movie.

Can you tell I'm excited/moved by it?

Love to all....Rick
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 11:38 pm

It's been a very nice couple of slug days since we got our White Day after Christmas snow/ice/rain/sleet/mud. Donnie and I have been having a Hamish MacBeth video series-a-thon, eating cake that the neighbor gave us for Christmas, and vegging out after cleaning up after the horses. We haven't had this much down time together in a very long time. Nice! We got a couple of inches of varied precipitation and deeper mud.

RICK:
You might like Hamish MacBeth since he is a Scottish bobby in a small town with a nice variety of characters and great scenery. It was filmed in Plockton, Scotland, which is near the Isle of Skye. Very nice scenery!

GRAYMARE:
We loved Cavalia and would go to see it again if it ever got near enough. We saw it in Charlotte, NC, but it has never come back near enough again. It was really beautiful.

Isn't Dennis Reis a tall guy? Taller than the RICKSTER!

ELLEN:
I am glad to hear about JoAnna recovering. Are they still in Florida or have they been able to go home yet? We are supposed to get more snow tomorrow night or Saturday. I guess winter has finally arrived here. Travis will be happy if you get snow, too! Laughing They are gearing up for snow around here, the stores are full of hopeful sleds.

Our horses have been slugs the past couple of days, too. Today we put them in the arena and they ran and played for a long time. It is a bit too slick to turn them loose on the pasture. It was fun watching them in the arena. Kazi can outrun them all and looks pretty darn good doing it. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 6 EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 1:22 am

Ark, she was released from the hospital on Monday afternoon, with no restrictions, so they immediately headed north, drove all night, and got to Indy about 8:00 Christmas morning. They are used to traveling at night, taking turns driving. Their van is very comfortable to travel in, so one sleeps while the other drives.

We didn't get any further stuff falling from the sky today, so Travis will have to wait a little longer.
Back to top Go down
TallyPam

TallyPam

PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 6 EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 11:28 am

Okay, Foops, Christmas is over and you can close the gate now! ALMOST had ice on my windshield this morning.

Prayers asked for my son Nick who is having surgery this afternoon. Nothing real serious but surgery is still scary.

BOTH my brothers will be here tomorrow along with my nephew. cheers Can't wait to see them all. Poor Nick will have to stay home and recuperate. Crying or Very sad We'll be spending New Years Eve on St. George Island and coming home the next day while the boys move on to do some fishing. The weather is supposed to warm up tomorrow into the 60s so I'll be good with that.

My horses have had a Christmas break but that will change next week after the holidays are over. Back to work for that sweet young man.

Y'all have a great day and Happy New Year. Be safe. drunken

Back to top Go down
Carol W

Carol W

PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 6 EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 1:54 pm

pretty cold here and there was heavy FROST on truck windows this morning. Unusual, since normally there isn't enough moisture in the air to do frost ..... high in low 50s today and will be cool for quite a few days ..... I like hight 60s to 70s .... LOLOL evidently the weather man missed my request. hahahahaha

Graymare ... how much fun did you have yesterday???? Bet it was just great.

Back to top Go down
sunny 57

sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 6 EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 5:43 pm

i am sending prayers and thoughts to your son Rick I know what it is like to go in for surgery and even something simple is scary glad you had a good christmas, are you going to persue learning driving horses curious minds want to know

I hope all have had a great day and a verry prosperous new year to come
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 6 EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 5:47 pm

It's really snowing here in PA today...It was my last day at the Post Office. Counted out my drawer, handed over my keys & my ID badge to the place and walked out a happy happy woman...no more worrying about getting there in a snow storm. This week has been a killer with snow. I got my car stuck on the little hill by our place Weds night..the neighbors pushed me up and out of the hole I dug trying to get up or down the road. George drove me to work the last 3 days and my neighbor with a 4 wheel drive came in and picked me up today. It's snowing to beat the band today.

Let it snow let it snow let it snow...I don't have to drive anywhere and I can sit and enjoy it. Just got in from playing snowball with Ace. He is a happy dog..Mom is home with him every day from now on...Oh, George is happy too, no more cooking, cleaning or washing dishes for him...Everyone wins...

My friend Denise who had been suffering with cancer passed away this morning. So sad...my best childhood friend...Our neighbor Karen passed away on Thursday..another victim of cancer...

Hope everyone has a very Happy New Year and that 2013 is a good year for all of us.

Love & prayers for all...
Back to top Go down
Carol W

Carol W

PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 6 EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 9:43 pm

more bad news over on facebook ....... from CB ... her best friend is Dawn ... she asked somebody to put it up here ... think her computer is being fixed. anyway more bad news.

what a way to end a year....best friend in hospital in Florida, and Hubby in hospital in Texas....docs doing a lot of tests, thinking it was a light stroke.....but will know more when the tests are all in 2012 going out with a bang

Hope to hear better news soon ... meanwhile prayers for them as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

December 2012
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next