Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

December 2012

Go down 
+9
Rick Angell
Graymare
sunny 57
cb
Carol W
Indyapp
Manygatess
Ellen E
Ark
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
Carol W

December 2012 - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 9:43 pm

more bad news over on facebook ....... from CB ... her best friend is Dawn ... she asked somebody to put it up here ... think her computer is being fixed. anyway more bad news.

what a way to end a year....best friend in hospital in Florida, and Hubby in hospital in Texas....docs doing a lot of tests, thinking it was a light stroke.....but will know more when the tests are all in 2012 going out with a bang

Hope to hear better news soon ... meanwhile prayers for them as well.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 10:25 pm

Gosh, sad times......prayers offered for all.
Back to top Go down
Donna

Donna

PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 11:57 pm

Evening Foops....

I got this from CB today in my e-mail and just found it now. She asked me to pass it on...

Cb Smith posted on your Timeline
"Donna, could you get on foopville for me, it won't let me on and ask for Big Hums for Sunny, Dawn....and my hubby Harry who had a light stroke and is in the hospital......thank you
"

I don't kknow anymore than that. DId see a post from her on FaceBook that Harry had a slight stroke but that was all. Also found out tonight that Ninja had a heart attack. Briggy posted that she had talked to her. Don't know anymore about that either. If and when I find out anything I will let you know.

Donna
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 10:05 am

Oh, no. I don't think we have ever had so many with such serious health issues at the same time. If anyone hears more news, please post it for us.

Thanks Carol and Donna for letting us know.

Big hugs and prayers for all........
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 10:55 am

I so agree ARK. We are all getting older and with that we are having health issues. We can only always pray for solutions and progression to wellness.................BIG prayers and hugs for CB, HARRY, and SUNNY. And, EVERYONE! Each time I read of another major problem, I just feel awful and helpless. All I can do is pray and hope for a good outcome.

We have to love and appreciate each day and do/give our very best. Again,
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((group hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))).

God bless.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 8:23 pm

Ack, I tried for days now to get on here..tried this time and walah....it always tells me either my password or user name is invalid...DUH...same one I've always used! bah humbug!

OK, Dawn is still in the hospital, I will call her later to get an update.

Harry came home today...heart healthy diet restriction...and he can do activities, just not overdo...he was lucky. the stroke affected his right arm and leg...but he's regained almost full use of both....nurses said he was very lucky...he is happy about it! and so am I. He doesn't even need rehab pr PT...just exercises to do at home lifting light weights....and gripping exercises...his leg is fine. Maybe our old year will end alright after all. Hope everyone else has the same luck and good things happening.

Thanks Carol and Doona for relaying the news ...I know all the good thoughts/Hums helped immensely, thank you!

Any updates on Ninja or HT lately? I'm humming for them too....always a spare one just lazin around waiting to be used! Never run out! Hoping the best for them both....

Graymare...who's gettin older? Only in years, trying to keep the bod and mind still revvin' up...and goin' strong! bounce Razz
Back to top Go down
TallyPam

TallyPam

PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 7:50 am

Wow, stay away for a few days and all kinds of stuff happens. Hope Dawn is doing better and am so glad Harry is home. Nick had a minor complication after his surgery and had to spend the night and part of the next day but is doing well now.

Brothers and I took grands to Wakulla Springs yesterday to see the Manatees. Had a ball. Keeping up on a 3 year old and a 5 year old is a wee bit exhausting! LOL...

Off to the island today and I'm hoping it's warmer than it was last night!

Y'all have a great day and a safe and Happy New Year!!
Back to top Go down
Donna

Donna

PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 8:20 am

Morning Foops..

This is from CB on FB this morning when I looked.

Cb Smith ok, hubby was released today...doc said he was doing well, his right arm and leg were the most affected...he's got the leg back and most of the arm, he will have to practice gripping things with the hand to get it all the way back it seems....but he was lucky, nurses said he did well, and was lucky we got him there when we did. I think I broke every speed record getting him there...man we went from eating a bowl of ice cream watching tv to OMG...and then he wouldn't let me call an ambulance...don't know why men need to be so darn stubborn! My friend Dawn in FL is still in the hospital....

Lots of very sick people this Christmas. Seems that it is always a down time for families. Just had a call that my friend passed away a few minutes ago. I have been waiting for days to hear thgat news. I hope it was a peaceful passing. She is only 50, just had her birthday the end of Nov.

Had a funeral on Friday, another one this morning and then Lorna's, probably later this week. Hope that this is the end of this for a while.

Must get moving and swing a broom around here.Very cold and windy out there so will delay going to the barn for a while.

Later.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 8:45 am

GRAYMARE, would you please be good enough to post this to ARK's forum for CB -

I am just sick over the news re DAWN (Sunny) and the LONE COWBOY, (Harry) and prayers are going up for both of them. I cannot begin to imagine CB's state of mind, having just made this huge move south, and then to have Harry suffer this heart problem, and her best friend Dawn to be in hospital, as well. Was glad to see that Harry is home, not requiring on-going PT, just some light exercise. Prayers going up for Dawn, and for Harry's continued recovery. And big hugs for CB - she sure needs them right now.

Liz
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 8:55 am

TP, running with the G kids is a test.......LOL. You made it!

AND, hope DAWN gets out and home today for a good start to 2013.

Seriously folks. Have we all been together for going on 18 yrs? I've been here or found Horsenet in Dec of 95. Wow.

Leaving 2012 and headed for 2013 opens up a new entry for hope, health, and blessings for all this year.
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 11:07 am

Graymare...I'm not sure when I first became acquainted with this group, but I DO well remember tempting fate and staying up and ON THE COMPUTER for the passing into year 2000. That was with the "Over 50" bunch. Our young chickie...ARK...was well under the minimum age, but was "permitted" to stay. She was actually in the group ahead of me!.

So yes...it is quite an accomplishment to say that a few of us have stayed together this long.

I do hope that we all can enjoy a SAFE and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

The best is yet to come!!

My love to all...Rick
Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 11:53 am

Wow, miss a couple of days here and all heck breaks loose. CB, glad to hear Harry is back home with exercises to keep up on. I saw that SUNNY is now in the hospital, but I didn't see what happened to her? Bad health is what has kept me away for a few days. My Uncle who is in his 80s has had pain in his hip/leg for ages. Over Thanksgiving it got to the point he couldn't walk anymore. Long story short, he had surgery this past week to fix his hip replacement that is over 10 yrs old. His bones are so soft that they couldn't use screws. They ended up wrapping everything together with wire. Kind of sounded like how I have been known to fix fence posts. Instead of 101 uses for baling twine, it was 101 uses for titanium wire.

Here is the latest that I have on HT:
On Dec 17th Dad was transfered from UT Medical to St Joseph Hospital's "Select" unit fo rehab. (He is in room 432 there, in case you wondered.) Since his arrival there, we have seen some marked improvments. His speech has become clearer and is also more frequent. Hes not quite back to being the "fierce and intimidating fat old cowboy" he claims to be, but he is getting there. Ill be the first to admit, it is nice to see him joke around and show some emotion in his face again... and his keen wit is easily seen when he wishes to display it.
He has also gained some movement in his left hand and fingers, yet remains unable to command his left arm and leg. Its easy to feel discouraged at this, but we all have to remember it is a process and success only comes one hard earned step at a time.
Despite the lack of his left side, he has gained an affinity for getting himself out of his bed and onto the floor a couple of times in the last week or so. Dad says he slides out of it because the mattress is slippery. (which it is) Now Ill give him the benifet of the doubt on the first time, but I know my father, and how he hates to be idle or dependent; so it wouldnt surprise me if hes just been trying to see how much he can actually accomplish on his own. =) Haha... No worries though, they have his bed close to the ground with pads on the floor in case he gets brave... er, I mean 'slips out' again.
I think he has had a good Christmas in spite of having to be in a hospital. Yesterday Margaret, Bill & Judy, Matt & Casey, Jackson, Brodie, and their new little sister Maddie spent the day with him. He got special coffee and donuts as well as a yummy fish & chips meal from a fast food joint. Matt took some presents up for Papa to give to the boys, and it was a good time.
Today, I was up there with Matt, Casey, and Maddie. (Jon Jon and Kim were headed up to see him when we left.) I took up a present of Sees candies that was mailed to Dad and he took immediate interest in those! LOL I also gave him all of the most recently received cards many of you have sent. We then listened to the voice messages that some of you have left for him too. I asked him if he would like to call Uncle Joe and he was up for that, so we did. Matt & Casey soon showed up with some Chinese food for Dad & I to eat. As is normal, we were all joking around and I saw Dads face turn a bit red laughing as I stood over the Chinese food re-enacting a scene from "A Christmas Story" by singing 'Deck the Halls' like the Chinese guys. "Deck da harrs with berrs of horry... fa ra ra ra ra ra ra" Matt knew his que and stepped in as the boss Chinese guy. "No, no, no... Its FA LA LA LA LA" =) We soon found "A Christmas Story" on the TV and watched it... because its just not Christmas with out that movie!
All in all, it was a good day with lots of laughter and a few gifts exchanged. I think the following best sums thingtodays update. Dad is soon going to be moved once again to a rehab specific center, maybe of the nursing home type. Dad is able to make movements that allow him to lift his left forearm. I was so glad to see that, as we tried to work his upper arm, I could see those shoulder muscles quiver. hope he will soon be using that arm more purposefullys up: At one point a nurse came in to check on things; when she asked Dad how he was doing, his response was "Im very happy."

and then....
todays update. Dad is soon going to be moved once again to a rehab specific center, maybe of the nursing home type. Dad is able to make movements that allow him to lift his left forearm. I was so glad to see that, as we tried to work his upper arm, I could see those shoulder muscles quiver. hope he will soon be using that arm more purposefully

I hope everyone has a safe and Happy New Year!
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 1:00 pm

Graymare could you please let Liz know I said Thankyou...its nice folks care. Hubby is doing good, just not doing much, being a couch potato and watching reruns of NCIS...

TP I still remember going to the "fort" and doing the boat ride down the river with you, Rich, and Corinne and Santa and Sam..and Dawn and Chris....what a wonderful memory that is for me. Have fun and make lots more fun memories.

Indy, so sorry to hear about your uncle..hope he mends well and fast.

To all...that have lost dear friends and loved ones..I send you big HUGS...its hard to deal with, I know.

Sunny is still in the hospital..she was waiting for a doctor to come in today to see if she can go home or what....its terrible to be in the hospital over holidays.

We have been together for a very long time...its been very nice to know y'all and have the support syste we have here...don't know what I would have done without ya's...am hoping that 2013 is a happier healthier year for us all.
Back to top Go down
Carol W

Carol W

PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 4:32 pm

Wow Syd .. you are probably right. I found the old horse net group when we FIRST HAD INTERNET AT WORK .... and I worked for a computer company .... boss told me to just browse around on it and see what I could find .... so that was my work assignment LOLOLOL and I found Horse Net and in there was a section for over 50 group .... I lurked for a LONG time as there were some on board at the time that I figured might eat me alive ..... we had some dandies if anyone remembers .. hahaha and then somebody named Marilyn from Scandia posted. Scandia is a little town near me so I just had to get on board to see if it was someone near me .... It was!!!!! can't find Marilyn any more, but I am still here. can't believe it has been that long, but I bet you are right Syd. Wowsers ..... we have sure been through a lot of stuff together ... good and bad. Hope 2013 is better for us.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 7:59 pm

Back. Debit card debacle part two: Another funny.

I am so blessed to have all these really funny friends. I would be so bored stuck by ourselves.

There is a small bunch at friend's ranch. Their house is always neat and tidy with closet doors closed. I think it's a rule there. Early morning chores are done, bed is made etc., but wife left closet door open on purpose as she taped a popper on the side. Husband came in the house, went up to the bathroom to change out of barn clothes, LMAO, closed the closet door and BAMMM, BOOM, BANG poppers went off. He dove to the floor (had been in Viet Nam) and almost had the big one. The rest of the family etc was down in the kitchen and heard it all , laughing hysterically. So, there you have it, a good start to 2013. Wifey did the girls proud!!! I don't know if BIL was there or not. Wife is going to get him later by putting a popper on the toilet seat.

The Shadow Knows..........................
Back to top Go down
Ol'Man

Ol'Man

PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 10:43 pm

Had some fun last night. I live on a small hill and neighbor kids (in 20's and few wives and some 7-12 yr olds) came by to ride on taboggons in the 5 inch snow. Well I have a couple Arabs who are nutts---no other word for it.

All fuzzy tailed and grinning they raced down the
hilly pasture and cut in front of the sleds. Threw snow all over the place came back up for several trips. They were playing with the kids.

Somebody tell me---. When they ran in a circle several times it looked like their sholders were only a foot from the ground. Never saw that that close before , do they ever slide out??? One of the wives asked if horses ever run over anybody. I never saw any in my little past; anybody else see the same? Razz Surprised Shocked Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 12:35 am

Happy New Year's Eve! :dance:

CB:
I am very happy to hear Harry is home and doing well. Did SUNNY have a stroke also? I hope she can go home, too.

INDYAPP:
Thanks for the HT update. He sounds like he is getting back to his old self, thank goodness. Do you have an address to send cards?

Anyone got updates on NINJA?

SUNNY, NINJA, HARRY, TRUDY's Son, HT, VIRGINIA, and anyone else feeling off their feed lately: hug
GET WELL SOON!!!

OL'MAN:
I don't think your Arabs would purposefully run over anyone, especially in an open field like that. In a herd situation, and especially in a smaller confined space, one horse might intimidate another horse who might run over some person who happened to be in the way of the second horse's escape route.
I have noticed that my Arabs are much more aware of their body space than Donnie's TWH, Daisy. Poor Daisy doesn't know where her body is beyond her ears and will turn around and knock someone down accidentally. We keep a sharp eye on Daisy's big yellow rear end. Rolling Eyes Kazi and Ivan will bend over backwards to avoid running into me, even in a small space.
I would have loved to have seen your horses playing in the snow with your friends while they sledded down the hill! That had to be a fantastic sight!

Okay. I am ready for spring now. We only got a touch of snow so far, but the cold, wet, mud and wind have been quite sufficient. I want to ride Ivan tomorrow (Jan.1) to set up my goal of riding a lot in 2013. The ride may have to be in a snowstorm, they are predicting some for tonight and only in the mid-30s tomorrow. tongue

Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 6:56 am

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!!

I slept right through the hoopla. I dozed off around 9:15-30P. We simply had a couple of friends drop over a bit early . We are in the middle of an elec project here so we didn't go eat with the gang. We are eating with them late this afternoon.

I pray for health and strength this year for ALL!
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 9:46 am

Knowing I had to leave for work at 9:00, I let the new year arrive with me checking the insides of my eyelids.

I do wish all of you the best, healthiest, and happiest NEW YEAR! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 10:52 am

Hope everyone had a wonderful New Year's Eve celebration and are snuggled warmly in their beds this morning!

2012 is over. I, for one, think that 2013 has to be better. It has been a year of bad health for me and several others of us, so I hope this coming year finds us all healthy, happy, and charging along doing what we love best with who we love best.

This thread is now closed. Go to "Basket" and find us at January 2013 or click on the following link:

https://horsefriends.forumotion.com/t15-january-2013
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

December 2012
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7