Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

December 2012

Go down 
+9
Rick Angell
Graymare
sunny 57
cb
Carol W
Indyapp
Manygatess
Ellen E
Ark
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Graymare

December 2012 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 10:26 am

UPDATE:

Posted yesterday by Matthew:
Update for the evening on Dad, He was able to have his feeding tube taken out today. He has been assisted up a couple of times today and is eating his "better than nothing" pureed meals. The MD's feel that he is getting better and are excited to think he may do better than expected in rehab. The rehab MD came and met with him and they are looking at placement options. He is still at times confused, but still yet suprises me with his ever so sharp witt.
From Me:
As you can see by the pic, they got dad in a wheelchair and took him down to meet Madeline today. His face lit up when I talked to him about it.

The above was what Kelle posted tonight.

There was no photo with this, but Madeline is HT's brand new grand daughter, born this morning.
Back to top Go down
Carol W

Carol W

PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 2:39 pm

Glad to hear what sounds to be improvement for HT. Will be a long haul back to normal for him, but it sounds like his attitude will help him get there. Prayers continue.

Cold again and will be chilly all week here.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 11:41 pm

Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 12:28 am

SILVERDANCER:
That's how old I have managed to get cats, too. Maybe Jekyll will set a new record in cat ages for you. Hope so! I got a goat up to almost 18 years old, which was two years longer than any other goat I have had. Inkblot was a good ol' goat!

CB:
I am not up to much. Very Happy Been busy around here, depressed about those first graders and their teachers, and generally trying to keep things fed and cleaned up out in the barnlot. I am okay.

We are finally getting some much needed rain, so the mud has made life around the barn more interesting. My nice clean horses are all mud balls now. I didn't go to the parade on Saturday because I didn't want to wash two furry mud balls in 50 degree weather. They got a break.

SUNNY:
I can't believe how they are treating Kent....or not treating him. I sincerely hope he survives their neglect until he gets some kind of medical assistance.

TALLYPAM:
Congrats on the new horse! We need pix, of course. Great to see you posting!

DONNA:
I still don't have my tree up either. I got all my shopping and shipping done and seem to have run out of the holiday spirit for decorating. Those little pre-lit trees are looking more interesting these days.

We went to see "The Hobbit" on rainy Sunday. It was great to be back in Middle Earth! Some of the audience was equally as interesting. One girl came dressed in a full length cape with elf ears Laughing . Nice ears!

Anyone throwing and "End of the World" party this Friday? What will we do on Saturday? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Indyapp

Indyapp

PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 10:22 am

Twas' 11 days before Christmas around 9:38, when 20 beautiful children stormed through heaven's gate. Their smiles were contagious, their laughter filled the air. They could hardly believe all the beauty they saw there. They were filled with such joy; they didn't know what to say. They remembered nothing of what had happened earlier that day. “Where are we?" asked a little girl, as quiet as a mouse. “This is heaven" declared a small boy. "We’re spending Christmas at God's house”. When what to their wondering eyes did appear, but Jesus, their Savior, the children gathered near. He looked at them and smiled, and they smiled just the same. Then He opened His arms and He called them by name. And in that moment was joy that only heaven can bring, those children all flew into the arms of their King. And as they lingered in the warmth of His embrace, one small girl turned and looked at Jesus' face. And as if He could read all the questions she had, He gently whispered to her, "I'll take care of mom and dad." Then He looked down on earth, the world far below, He saw all of the hurt, the sorrow, and woe. Then He closed His eyes and He outstretched His hand, “Let My power and presence re-enter this land! May this country be delivered from the hands of fools. I’m taking back my nation. I'm taking back my schools!" Then He and the children stood up without a sound. “Come now my children let me show you around." Excitement filled the space, some skipped and some ran. All displaying enthusiasm that only a small child can. And I heard Him proclaim as He walked out of sight, “In the midst of this darkness, I AM STILL THE LIGHT."
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 11:22 am

ARK, glad you are alright, good to see you post...was gettin worried.

My xmas spirit is alright this year....buying for the grands and spending xmas with Jessi...I think the last time we spent it with her she was 18, so this is nice.

IndyAp....I liked that poem. I think everyone took this extremely hard as it happened so close to Christmas. I'm sure those parents are going to go thru terrible pain on what should have been a happy day. They probably had gifts bought for the kids too...that they will cry over not being able to give them to their little ones....it is SAD for us, I can't imagine what they are enduring right now....the sadness and pain and lonliness...I can only hope they recover from this...I don't know if I would be strong enuf to. My heart aches for them all.
Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 3:53 pm

Hey, it's been pretty quiet in here lately. For those of us who mostly lurk, not much news to live vicariously by. Slow day at the office today, ssshhhhh, don't tell anyone. I find it hard to get in the Christmas spirit, and this year is no different. Maybe next year when grand-neice Madison will be about 18 months old will be different. It's always better when there are children involved. This year, she's still to young. What few other gifts I had to get have been not only gotten, but given, and in one instance been regifted already. LOLOL. That's ok, that was the intention. I took the baby to Sears and had her first Christmas picture taken for the kids. Then I ordered them a bunch of pictures that they can give to the grandparents, aunts and uncles and who ever else they wanted to give them too. My brother and his wife got their present early because when I ordered it I got interrupted and didn't change the delivery date to closer to Christmas. I realized it the next morning, but by then it was too late, the order was too far into the process to change the delivery. They got their present almost two weeks early. I hope they remember that when Christmas finally gets here. Very Happy The only gifts I have left to get are for the two guys here in the office. I'm terrible at buying men token gifts. The women are easy.

I got this new update on HT from his sister. "He's beeen moved to Ft Sanders Select. It is a step up from the hospital but giving intermediate physical therapy to build up his strength to take on the riggers of Patricia Neal. When I stopped by yesterday he was up in a chair having his lunch. All the tubing was off even his oxygen. Sats at 91 and 92. We even had a very short conversation that was cool to have him respond to a statement." I don't know who or what Patricia Neal is, but it sounds encouraging.

Not much else going on here unless you want a weather update, gray and gloomy. No snow. It's dark when I come to work and dark when I leave so no riding for me. Horses get a scritch and food from me and that's about it. I did bake some cookies for a cookie exchange my Optimist Club is having. pig

HO! HO! HO!
Back to top Go down
silverdancer

silverdancer

PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 9:38 pm

I'm feeling a bit righteous now because I finished decorating the tree, which makes everything look and feel really Christmassy, so I'm glad I did that.
But I got a bit of a shock when I was doing my cards. I like to keep in touch with old friends, even this once in the year, and write a little letter inside the card. So I thought I had plenty of cards and was working my way through the list... and ran out of cards today! Shocked
This might not seem a big problem, but right now the shops are MAD - packed with people doing frantic shopping which I find I really don't enjoy, all that pushing and queueing.
So I went online to find what time my favourite store was open, to discover they stayed open till 11pm this week! I have never shopped so late at night but that is where I have just been and they have lovely cards.
And guess what? All Christmas stuff is now half price. So I have cards for this year and next year and...! And gift wrapping paper... enough for this year and next year and....! Lucky I stopped there or I might have got on to the puddings and cakes and biscuits section. Smile
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 7:14 am

Hi guys. Things have been a bit busy around here. Trying to get ready for the holiday. Yesterday George helped me fill the Lady Locks. Whew those cookies are a job. Can't remember how I used to to do them ONE day, now I take 3 days and am enlisting a helper. LOL I'm getting older and wiser (maybe). I wouldn't even make them if my boys hadn't whined last year when I didn't make them. Those boys are big spoiled brats. I tried to teach the girls how to make them but they don't have the time to invest in the cookies.

One good thing about a fake tree..no mess, no fuss...no fights with George over the lights...bring it down, set it up and the tree just needs the decorations. My favorite job..

INDYAPP: That poem was a heartbreaker and uplifting at the same time. I borrowed it to send to my email buddies. So sad that evil lives around the holidays. My horse vet's brother took his life last Friday. So sad for her family.

The weather here has been crazy high 50's and muddddddddddddd. What a crazy winter. No white Christmas this year.

I'm counting down the days until my last one at the Post Office..things have been so crazy there the last few days I won't miss the hectic schedule. I will miss my daily customers, one little lady started crying when I told her that I was leaving...I'm thinking I will volunteer at the church food pantry once I'm finally out of there. I'll have time to do more at church. This Sunday George & I are passing out the candy canes..

CB: Do you have a mailing address? A old buddy, Tuffwheeler asked me for your address so she can send you a card.

Have a great day.

Love & prayers for everyone...
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 12:36 pm

Trudy, I'll try to email Tuff...I tried but it had come back, but will try once again. addy is cb smith, 7414 Runion Road, San Angelo Texas 76905. I am only sending cards out to elderly relatives/friends that arn't on the computer, with what addresses I can find....as somewhere my address book itill is, but don't know where .....I am thinking it may be packed in the Beast still in Idaho. Anyhoo, it cost a fortune to send cards out now...no reflection on you Mz Postmistress! LOL

SilverD...you should feel very good...LOL...I'll let ya! Just getting things done when xmas seems to have snuck up on us all...is rushing at the last minute ....oh wait, that's normal for me! Laughing

Hope everyone gets it together and can enjoy the holiday!

Am off to finish my shopping..woohoo..

9no reflection on you Mz. Postmistress! LOL)
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 12:28 am

Here is a video that is prue sweetness: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JA8VJh0UJtg

Had to share this one. Female golden Lab with a little Downs Syndrome boy who has likely never seen a dog up close before.
The dog is so gentle & keeps trying to engage the child. What a beautiful animal!

Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 10:30 am

Just got a new picture of Officer Smokey and his partner Officer Asmussen in full riot gear from the McPherson Square / Occupy demonstration in DC. Everyone looks as if they are having fun?
Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 10:31 am

Well That didn't work. I'll try this again.
Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 10:35 am

OK, so How do I get a picture to post?

December 2012 - Page 4 \COMPASS-CLOUD1\users\ddehoff\My Documents\My Pictures\Smokey 2012
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 1:04 pm

Wow, the wind blew here! last night it felt like we were on a small boat in the middle of rough seas! and gettin seasick after tuna noodle casserole is NOT anything I could reccomend for anyone except my worse enemy! Rolling Eyes What a Face pale need I say more! NOT!

Hubby has been out gathering stuff up now that the wind has blown on thru. I guess there was a big wreck in Lubbock area due to a big dust storm...I'll hum for all involved.

Boy last night I had a Grand Daddy of all leg cramps or Charley Horse....holy cow! It hurt, my leg stuck out at an angle and I couldn't stand on it at all....Did I mention it really hurt? Felt like I was giving birth thru my leg! It lasted a long time too...man...hubby thought maybe I was having a stroke or something...my right side ws weak... pale pale affraid It is black and blue this morning where the cramp was....WEIRD Chit....still tender cyclops hurts to walk on it too...had to get up at 6 to feed hungry puppies...and I just plopped back into my bed ....only have 3 steps to maneuver down and back to the kitchen...but oh my, felt like 300!

I am hoping to never never have that happen again!

Get to watch the grands on Saturday while the parents finish xmas shopping...and then Sunday we are baking xmas cookies, the cut out and decorate kind with the kids. Monday night after the girls are in bed, we will take over their presents to put under the tree and then spend xmas day with them. It will be nice. Am looking forward to a special Christmas this year...with Jessi and the 3 grand daughters and even Joey!...afterall he made those sweet kids! LOL....he's not too bad, we are getting use to each other. He is amazed that we have taken to the kids and them to us...he says his parents don't do much with them or for them...never have...so I think that mellowed him out a bit having us move into his territory...LOL...and if not, oh well.... tongue Laughing
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 4:39 pm

Rick here reading to catch up a bit. I was on a long 3 day trip this week and had today off to go to Christmas party with Kid Cameron. I will make a deliver tomorrow morning and may very well "retire" once again. I have had very little sleep this week...don't know why...just didn't sleep in the truck.

You know, since there are mostly lovely ladies on this board, I sometimes hesitate to get too involved in things too mushy for fer of having my head handed back to me in a burlap bag. I am, however gonna share something I wrote this week that is TOTALLY out of character for me. Carol and I have been married 40 years and I've never really gone "personal" or "mushy" at Christmas. Just not been me.

I do NOT claim to be a writer, but this little ditty just "came to me" this week and I wrote it down. I'm going ti give it to Carol as part of her Christmas...after getting "the look" and being told "We are NOT doing anything this year for Christmas". I maybe done for after Christmas for this.

WHO IS THIS WOMAN

Who Is This Woman

… that lives a “world” away?

Who is this woman

… that can be so reserved?

Who is this woman

… that can seemingly be so mysterious?

Who is this woman

… and what does her heart seek?

Who is this woman

… I can almost feel?

Who is this woman

… that seems so steady and sure?

Who is this woman

… of my real daydreams?

Who is this woman

… that laughs at my “embarrassing” comments?

Who is this woman

… I would dare to share my secrets with?

Who is this woman

… that maybe understands my emptiness?

Who is this woman

… I try to dream of?

Who is this woman

… I could wake up with?

Who is this woman

… I can greet my day with?

Who is this woman

… that maybe understands my longings?

Who is this woman

… I might steal a kiss from?

Who is this woman

… and will she desire me?

Who is this woman

… who could empty me of old emotions and refill me with new?

Who is this woman

… who could break my heart yet heal my soul?

Who is this woman

… is she really real?

I ask

… who is this woman?

… would that she be you?

Rick …. Dec. 2012
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 6:46 pm

Rick, you better have a hanky ready for her when she reads this. She's porbably going to get mushy all over you.
Well done.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 8:10 pm

SILVERDANCER, you will laugh yourself silly...............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbejNNCTr7k
Back to top Go down
Ol'Man

Ol'Man

PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 10:18 pm

Hey=====I am---Nothing to it.'Boy, this not being in the group is devistating (CB) I must have your cramps!

First off I was rear ended and lawyer said to not talk about it! Next off somehow got my addy missing or was it "user" name--. Most was Virginia , had to have an over night cancer operation, -----. Got back from doctors today and all the medicines are now in order and blood pressure is
OK now.

Merry Christmas to all our friends.

Syd--- your budddy (Ben) was a buddy of one of mine and so guess it is Ok , I never thought he was "deepthroat" even before they got the right one. WOW does time fly.

Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 11:01 pm

Hi OLMAN & VIRGINIA. MERRY CHRISTMAS. Prayers you are both well.

TL is wondering "who in the hell is Ben? I'm getting so old I can't remember either. He sure must have been a good laugh, for sure.

RICK, Carol is going to melt at that one...............

CB, are you O K? Let us know how your leg is.

Prayers for ALL.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 11:50 pm

Wow, RICK. That is a great poem to give to Carol on your anniversary! wavy

CB:
I hope your leg is feeling better. Ouch. affraid

SILVERDANCER:
Well I finally got a tree put up, but not our nice one. We put up a little fiber optic tree I got at Big Lots about 10 years ago. Rolling Eyes We have been lazy bums about decorating this year. We were going to put out our inflatable Santa, but with the rain and wind, we didn't want to go looking for him in the next county. santa Next year I am putting up the better tree right after Thanksgiving.

OL'MAN:
Oh, good. You got back on here. I just got on the computer (via Donnie's cellphone) and saw your email. I hope Virginia is feeling okay now. (((((Virginia)))))

Yesterday it was really pretty here, in the high fifties with bright sunshine. We got the concrete poured for the new antenna tower that will host our new internet connection (I hope.). We also had a woodshed floor poured and a bit poured to hold a new mailbox post. It was a good day for it, but it took all day. Today it is in the 30s, cloudy, rainy with a bit of sleet. Mud City. My riding lesson got canceled and I fell down in the mud not once, but twice while taking care of the barn. I think the horses stood there and laughed heartily as I flopped around in the mud trying to get my feet under me. rake I came in covered in mud. They were nice and dry watching from inside the barn.

Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 12:00 am

Indyapp wrote:
OK, so How do I get a picture to post?

December 2012 - Page 4 \COMPASS-CLOUD1\users\ddehoff\My Documents\My Pictures\Smokey 2012

INDYAPP:

There are two ways to post pix here that I know of. First, use ImageShack and post the link from there in your post.

Second: If the photo is on your computer, Go to the "Attach file" area below the posting box. Click "Browse" and then attach the photo from your computer there. THEN: press the "Submit query" button. Then when you finish writing your post, your photo will show up in a thumbnail size that can be clicked on and enlarged by the viewers.

Hope this helps!
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 2:56 am

OL Man, I hope ya don't have my cramps! and I sincerely hope and HUM that this last op was the last one Virginia will have to have and she will be clear of ALL cancer....HUMMMMMMMMMM
!
Who is Ben? Inquiring minds want to know....

ARK, that is some good news about the cement for your internet tower...what a good thing that would be. I have such terrible phone service here...some days it works, and other days it drops calls over and over...and I don't know why. I even got a new phone becuz it happened in Idaho too....but guess it wasn't the phone! Its' the dang service from verigzon, but my computer works just fine....and it has its own number. Go figure.

Graymare, my leg is still very sore...but I managed to walk around walmart and pick up a few groceries...didn't go until ten o'clock...AFTER the crowds had left.

Well, y'all ....sweet dreams....and Rick, Carol should blubber at your feet....good job young man!
Back to top Go down
Ol'Man

Ol'Man

PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 6:43 am

Very Happy
CB, I thought Ben was a national speech writer back in the 80s. I can not remember any of his quotes. This retirement is nice. Not reading any books now------clocks and calendars long gone. Where and when did they go?????

We are getting our first winter snowstorm right now. It is drifting so putting out hay for my two horses i have now will be a fun job to start my day.
Back to top Go down
Donna

Donna

PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 7:59 am

MORNING FOOPS.......

Well we are still here and the world didn't end, of course I really have to wait till 7:11 my time......that is in about 25 minutes. If I suddenly leave the post, you better watch out as your turn will be soon, wavy

I am reading the posts and lurking like Indy but not that pretty much everything is done, I will have more time to post. CB I sent you a message with Tuff's e-mail addy in it, did you get it? I didn't want to post it publicly. Those leg cramps can be awful!!! I have them occasionally and they do leave a sore spot on my leg for days.

Leaving for Halifax on Sunday so that means today and tomorrow to get all things done that need to be done. I always bring the cranberry sauce (so that it is done), a HUGE gumdrop cake, and this year I think I will make my green jellied salad. Usually Susan is rushing around Christmas morning doing it!!! I hate leaving things till the last minute (and it is always a question if it will be set or not) so will do it home here and bring it. It is always a tradition for Christmas here since the kids were little. John says it isn't Christmas dinner unless it is there. If you want the recipe I can post it later. Let me know.

Everything is quiet here, Jack and dogs are sleeping and I must jump in the shower soon. CIndy is away today so I have all the horses to feed and put out. Her husband says he will be there but knowing him, not before me, lol.

All have a good day. I am leaving for shower now......world didn't end yet. I will report back when I get out, by that time it will be after 7:11 a.m.

Back to top Go down
Donna

Donna

PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 8:48 am

OK, I's back, squeeky clean and ready to start my day. Winter has officially started and the up side is that this is the shortest day and starting tomorrow, days will lengthen. Spring can't be far behind, :dance:

It is safe for all of you west of me to get up now. I would have been gone before you so we are all here for a bit longer.

Have a great "first day of winter" folks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

December 2012
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next