Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

November 2013

Go down 
+6
Ol'Man
Rick Angell
Carol W
Graymare
cb
Ark
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
cb

November 2013 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 12:12 am

I'll go with REAL! cuz you two cutie patooties are so sweet and nice, its just too real!

Thanks Ellen! I know Gene and I are both very proud of our military kiddos/grands. they give us lots of reasons to be!

ARK, has your queenie filly been in season yet? OH BOY....I do like my geldings and Cinnamon never acts marish, thank goodness....the pally app mare does some weird stuff when she is in season! And don't get behind her, cuz if she thinks you are another horse, you're gonna lose your head. She has felt my buggy whip several times across those back heels when she wings them up and I've thrown buckets at her too when its needed and I don't have my whip....when she isn't in, she is the sweetest lil thing.....I'm trying to talk Harry into selling her to someone who wants to barrel race or team pen....cuz man she has some fantastic moves and she can slide stop too...nicely. With the right training and a job to do she may be a really good horse for someone, not for a beginner tho or child...Lady up the road has a black appy mare who is 15 hands tall, follows you around like she is attached,...she is trying to talk me into her for one of the girls...hay is getting so expensive that everyone is downloading horses right now...its a real shame. We are hanging in there, but even our hay man thinks he'll be out in January, so we have to stock pile in some hay.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 12:55 am

CB:
I think Areion has been in heat a time or two. She doesn't show big signs (like her floozie mothers), but she gets irritable. She may be in heat now with the way Ivan is avoiding her. Since I don't ever plan to breed her, if I had to moola, I'd get her spayed and end the mare problems with her. Geldings are nice in that they don't have such mood swings, so a fixed female might be very nice, too.

I make Areion move out of my way all the time. So far she hasn't challenged me at all....but I watch those rear hooves anyway. None of the other mares would ever dream of taking a swipe at me, but Areion isn't old enough for me to think that about her. She is usually sweet, but who knows what lurks in the minds of hormone raging mares? Rolling Eyes 

Lesson day this week is Wednesday, so I'll get to ride her then. She is fun to ride! If the weather holds on Thursday, Lori and I are going on the New River Trail with Ivan and her mustang, Tonto. Since it is hunting season, I will be wearing bright orange, even though there shouldn't be any hunting there.

Donnie found a dead 10 point buck in our lower field that must have been killed before hunting season. I bet it was on or near the day that 50 buzzards were hanging out near there. They sat up in the trees behind the barn and watched me ride....talk about an audience....affraid 
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 12:03 pm

Happy, happy, happy Birthday,  ELLEN!!!!

:dance: :dance: 

Think chocolate since there are no calories today!
Back to top Go down
sunny 57

sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 12:10 pm

it is a quiet day here in Florida cloudy and cool, am not planning on the Disney trip until after the holidays too many people

my birthday dinner was great my oldest gr. daughter made me a red velvet cake with cream cheese icing yummmy, I got a beautiful heart pendant with a clear center with all the birth stones of my daughter,myself, and gr. kids in it, it is a heart shape locket I love it, it is the first time I have ever gotten jewelry of this type, my daughter and youngest gr. daughter are leaving for Idaho on June 9, so I have to spend as much time as possible with them our last thanksgiving, christmas and all the rest of the holidays, my oldest gr. daughter is turning 20 in july and my gr.son will be 18 in march they are both very busy trying to get out of the house on there own so don't see much of them anymore, my family, the whole reason I moved here is falling apart, I feel lost
Back to top Go down
sunny 57

sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 12:13 pm

:dance: :dance: :dance: 

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELLEN
hope you have a wonderful day with friends and family
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 1:13 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELLEN………………..have a great time out for dinner and enjoy your cake…………hope you get some fudge! BEST WISHES.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 1:59 pm

wavy Happy Birthday Ellen! Hope you have a fun day!wavy 
Back to top Go down
Carol W

Carol W

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 2:42 pm

Birthday wishes headed your way Ellen .... Hope it is the best one yet ...... eat some fudge!!!!
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 7:29 pm

Four guys have been going to the same fishing trip for many years.
Two days before the group is to leave, Ron's wife puts her foot down
and tells him he isn't going.

Ron's mates are very upset that he can't go, but what can they do.

Two days later the three get to the camping site only to find Ron sitting
there with a tent set up, firewood gathered, and dinner cooking on the fire.

"Shit Ron, how long you been here, and how did you talk your missus into
letting you go?"

"Well, I've been here since yesterday. Yesterday evening, I was sitting in
my chair and my wife came up behind me and put her hands over my eyes
and said, 'Guess who?'"
I pulled her hands off, and she was wearing a brand new nightie.
She took my hand and pulled me to our bedroom.. The room had candles and
rose petals all over.
On the bed she had handcuffs, and ropes! She told me to tie and cuff her to
the bed, and I did.
And then she said, "Do whatever you want."
So, here I am...

Back to top Go down
Ol'Man

Ol'Man

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 8:31 pm

Graymare ---------Wa. ---

wa. sssss Whoopee:rendeer:  that is great:lol: Cool Cool 

Ark how did you get that horse logo, is it a poster, your horse ????there is something missing----

Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 9:49 pm

Hi OLMAN………….so glad you & Virginia are doing well.

Slowing down? Yep, cuz I can……………I'm loving it!

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 10:35 pm

Laughing Laughing Laughing Ron figured it right out, didn't he.

Thank you all very much for the birthday wishes.

Lovely dinner with the neighbors this evening.  I came home with a gift card for the hotel, that will pay for two more pizzas, and a little acrylic horse ornament that sits on a lighted stand.  REALLY pretty.  It's been a very good day.  No fudge, but will chocolate chips count?
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 7:29 am

ELLEN: Happy Birthday a day late. Sounded like you had a good one.

ARK: Nope, Dexter didn't get me, I still have another DVD to watch, I'm sure I'm not going to enjoy the ending, I have heard (even though I said DO NOT TELL ME ANYTHING) the ending of the series really sucks.

SUNNY: I know how you feel about the kids moving away. This old farm house used to be brimming with kids, their friends, & grandkids, now everyone is grown up and they all have such busy lives. We used to call the farm the Danville Holiday Inn, people checking in, grandkids sleeping in the living room cause all the bedrooms were full. Time changes everything. It is sad. Hang in there, you will adjust to the different lifestyle.

CB: Those little dickens, digging into the stud dog. That is too funny. Little floozies. LOL That's how we got our other Black Lab, Lucky, his mother jumped the neighbors fence and was bred by the stud. The neighbor was furious, ruining his bloodlines with an inferior female Lab. He refused to allow the pups to be registered. No one cared..the pups were beautiful and Lucky was a GREAT dog. He didn't need papers to be a wonderful dog.

Glad everyone survived the horrible weather. I've been waiting to hear from GDOLMARE. She lives in northern IL and was supposed to be having an operation on Monday. YIKES

Off to the hospital this morning so George can have his blood work done then out to breakfast. YEAH...no cooking or dishes.

Have a great day everyone.

Love & prayers for all.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 3:07 pm

ELLEN:
 Yep, chocolate chips count....many, many chocolate chips!Very Happy  Glad you had a nice birthday!

SUNNY:
 I am sorry about your family moving away.  Where are they going?  Is it nicer than FL?  

GRAYMARE:
 Laughing  Good joke!    You really are a busy bee.  Retirement seems to be good for you!

RICK:
 What are you up to now that the trip is over?  How are you feeling?  

CAROL:
How are you and Midge doing?

My riding lesson got cancelled for today and rescheduled for our usual Thursday. Lori had something do to, so the trail ride is off for this week.....sigh...

OL'MAN:
 I snatched the logo photo off of an advertisement I saw.  I just took off the company name.
Attachments
November 2013 - Page 5 AttachmentHappyThanksgiving.jpg
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(85 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
Back to top Go down
sunny 57

sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 4:45 pm

Ark, my daughter and gr. daughter are moving to Idaho, in the town of Mountain Home, where Clara and I once lived, my ex- husband lives there and is going to help my daughter get established, she lived there until she moved here to Florida, kind of ironic, she lived in Idaho until she moved here, now she is moving back to where I desperately want to be but can't afford to, the only reason I came here was to be with her and the kids, now she is running away from her family to be in Idaho, she found out a year ago that her husband has been in love with another woman and has secretly been carring on a relationship since before my daughter married him and came down here, so she is taking her youngest and leaving it is complicated, but she is doing this for herself and all I can do is support her on her decission and hope she keeps in touch once she gets to Idaho, feeling a little lost,
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 10:53 am

TRUDY…………..any word from GDOLMARE? Wish her get well wishes from here…………
She came to the Fest at AP's (Candace Conrad)farm. Maybe she would post here……………..
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 11:20 am

I heard from GDOLMARE last night, she is doing fine, survived the surgery and is home recuperating. She sure has been through the surgery wringer the last couple of years. I'll send along your good wishes.

Havea wonderful day everyone..
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 8:33 pm

My days are busy being lazy!! i have a small shop going whenever I feel like staying outside for a few ours. Biggest ongoing thing is trying to keep leaves chopped up. I'll get tat done and the yard will look nice for a couple hours until wind gets up again. I like running my tractor!!

Healthwise, I'm OK...when the energy level is down, I just don't do a lot. More recently I've been putting up with a cold ... second one this year!!

I hope everybody can stay warm this year ... we are due for a cold one I fear.

Love to all...Rick and Snoop
Back to top Go down
sunny 57

sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 9:26 pm

Rick, you take care of yourself we want you around for a long long time

we are having more rain so until it clears up no scooter, it does not do water well, electricity and water don't mix. I hope everyone is doing fine and weather is good or at least not bad, have a great weekend all, flower 
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 11:36 pm

Trudy....they got out of their pen, and then they had to have worked on the fence for hours to get it stretched far enuf to crawl thru....I still can't believe they did that! It is a wire pen even on the bottom and top to keep Bozp in, but they got it stretched enuf to get in there! I am flamboozled! They have never crawled out of the fence they have been in! and then to work on the fence squares enuf to crawl thru is beyond me! its a 2 by 4 square ....they pulled up and down many times to bend it! and then managed to squeeze and I mean squeeze thru! ahhhhh well......

We are having winter in Texas, 20's and night and only in the 30's days for about four days and rain included in the mess! Hubby went to the store today and he said it was a madhouse, folks stocking up in case the power goes out....for our big freeze! We already went to the commissary and feed store, he just needed to get dog food and chips and he had to stand in line to pay for those! ahhhh well, we are ready. Dogs all have their houses bedded deeply and we have blankies for the horses if I think they need them, we will play it by ear. Max may get one tho, since he's been a bit under the weather and just getting all better, don't want him to get sick again....don't think I could handle it emotionally or financially for the kids to deal with either.

Sweet Dreams to Y'all.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 10:12 am

Fifty years ago today, I was in my fourth grade classroom in Miami, FL when the principal made an announcement over the intercom that President Kennedy had been shot and killed. Then the school was dismissed early.

Where were you?
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 10:53 am

I was walking between buildings at IU, going to my second class, when a guy I knew stopped me and asked if I'd heard.
Back to top Go down
sunny 57

sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 12:04 pm

I was home sick from school watching t.v. when they stopped all programing to announce the president was shot the news went on all the rest of the day i was a very sad day Crying or Very sad 
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 4:10 pm

I was in 10th grade when the principal came on the intercom and said "President Kennedy has been shot, everyone return to your home rooms, we are having a early dismissal." He was crying as he said it, as we filed out of the school you could have heard a pin drop. Just like 911, I'll always remember where I was at that terrible moment in time.

God Bless America
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 5:48 pm

On my way to my part time job, walking down the street.......all were stopping to say "have you heard the news?"

Rain rain rain...............we're to have this storm for 3 days..............here it started last night about 8:30P..............yes, Faith is in w her blankie on, ha, eating away...................We so need this water. The trees will be drinking and drinking.........
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 5:51 pm

oops, forgot:

FORWARD TO ALL!

Cell phone numbers go public this month
I thought all should know!

REMEMBER: Cell Phone Numbers Go Public this month.
REMINDER..... all cell phone numbers are being released to
telemarketing companies and you will start to receive sales calls.

.... YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR THESE CALLS

To prevent this, call the following number from your cell phone:
888-382-1222.
It is the National DO NOT CALL list It will only take a minute of your
time.. It blocks your number for five (5) years. You must call from the
cell phone number you want to have blocked. You cannot call from a
different phone number.

HELP OTHERS BY PASSING THIS ON. It takes about 20 seconds.
https://www.donotcall.gov/default.aspx
Please forward to family and friends.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

November 2013
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next