Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

November 2013

Go down 
+6
Ol'Man
Rick Angell
Carol W
Graymare
cb
Ark
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Graymare

November 2013 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 7:37 pm

Praise and sincere thanks to our Vets!!!
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 8:15 pm

TRUDY:
Your pix are now on your post about veterans. It looked like they had a very nice time!

Happy Veterans Day!
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 10:24 pm

To our Veterans, and to the Veteran spouses of our group, I do send my thoughts of great appreciation for what you have done. It isn't mentioned very often, but I do not take it for granted and am very grateful.

I got home from visiting with the relatives this evening. During the 2 1/2 hour drive home, the temperature dropped 20 degrees from 50 to 30, the rain started, and then it turned to light snow. I was glad to get back into my snug little nest.

I'll try to get the pictures sorted and posted on an album either tonight or tomorrow morning.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 12:36 pm

Yup, we are having an indoor day today...wind is blowing and says its 35 out there! Brrrrrr....tonight down to 24....ok Canada take your cold weather back north please!
Speaking of Canada, where are our girls at? And Donna I've been thinking of you...HUGS.

Max came home last evening with lots of meds. Vet bill was over 1300 bucks....ouch. We offered to help but Jessi said they had it covered, she has always been good with her money, very frugal and saved...but I stil know that amount hurts ones' budget, it would just kill mine. But Max is doing better, poopin and eatin' like a only a horse does! LOL Thank goodness.

Godlen Corral Restaurant here and a few others give a free meal to the veterans....it was great....food good, company great....wonderful day. And yes, I'll let Jessi and JOey know they are appreciated....as I appreciate all the military past and present...A simple heartfelt, THANK YOU.

Samantha and David, how are you two doing? Many Hugs to you both.

signing off with: I aint' wearing a tank top today!Razz Shocked Wink clown 
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 1:45 pm

Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 7:13 pm

Day 21 … she continues to impress…

...us with her skills at the helm of this little fishing boat!! While we were nestled asleep in our beds, Capt. Lis was busy zigging and zagging her way through the narrow fjords to reach our goal for the day … Geiranger, Norway. By the time we got up at 8:00, she had managed to get us to the very end of one of the fjords and turn us around so that we were heading outbound. We wished that we had been up / awake to see her do this. We were out in the water away from any dock, and there were anchor(s) fore and aft. What was really unique was the swing arm floating extensible pontoon bridge that connected the ship to the shore. Prior to June 2013, passengers had to be ferried to shore either with shore boats or using our lifeboats. With the pontoon bridge, one could come and go as they pleased. It was really neat to see. What was NOT neat to see was the fog and overcast skies.

This time, we did NOT meet in the theatre for our shore excursions, but rather met the “sticker lady” on shore who gave us our “number stickers” and told us where to meet the excursion buses. We left the ship at 11:00 and found out that our group would be boarding the tour bus at 12:15. Carol did a bit of souvenir and post card shopping and had time to take her purchases back to the cabin. By the time we finally boarded the bus, the fog was lifting and we could begin to see patches of blue sky. This is a copy / paste thing about Geiranger. We were impressed with the friendly folk there and the cleanliness of this small village that sees hundreds of thousands tourists each year: “Geiranger Overview
Geiranger is a tiny little village, situated at the end of the UNESCO World Heritage-protected Geirangerfjord. The real draw is the fjord itself, with its green mountainsides, snowcapped peaks and fairytale-esque waterfalls. You'll get up close views of the fjord -- and the famous Seven Sisters and the Suitor waterfalls -- as you sail in and out of Geiranger; in summer, it'll be light out for both the early morning arrival and afternoon or early evening departure. The scenic cruising will be the highlight of a Norwegian fjords itinerary.

The town of Geiranger can be traversed from end to end in about five minutes. It's got the requisite souvenir shops, restaurants serving up reindeer and caramel-tasting brown goat cheese, a charming old church and the Fjordcenter to get your fjord 411. But mostly it serves as a jumping-off point for tours in the area. For a bird's-eye view of the fjord scenery, head up to scenic viewpoints like Dalsnibba or Eagle's Bend or take to the skies in a helicopter. Or go the other direction, and hop in a kayak to get closer to nature and feel the enormity of the mountains above you. For a bit of history and culture, visit a mountain farm and learn about how people live in this remote area.

About 150 to 200 cruise ships visit Geiranger every year, bringing more than 700,000 tourists during the May-through-September tourist season. With up to five ships in port at a time -- you wouldn't think the harbor could fit that many -- tours book up and the streets in town get packed. If you've got your heart set on a specific tour, do your research and consider booking in advance. Geiranger is such a beautiful place, it would be a shame not to see it to its fullest.”

Here is perhaps the best collection of pictures on a website that I’ve ever seen that even remotely begins to show you the beauty and splendor we were immersed in: http://www.geirangerfjorden.net/egeiranger.htm Seriously, you would enjoy just googling “Geiranger, Norway” and searching for pictures and information. I might possibly be mistaken, but I do believe the voice you hear on this video is our Capt. Lis. Please watch this closely starting around the 45 second mark to see the map pictorial showing just how far inland we were … the scenery just gets better and better in this beautiful country: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9e0zWdf_Z8

We also stopped on the tour at the Norsk Fjordsenter. This was a cultural center and had an interesting short video. The views from outside were grand. The first six rows of photos are pretty much what we saw there. Please note on the fourth row the view back over the village. Our ship was docked “just out of sight” from what you see over the multistory building. We could see the top of it from our vantage point. I really, REALLY had trouble staying off that large snow plow (6th row of pics) from decades ago. I would love to hear and see that bad boy run and do its thing! https://www.google.com/search?q=norsk+fjordsenter&client=firefox-a&hs=pG2&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=IpuCUuKfEoHF2QWd_oDIBA&ved=0CGQQsAQ&biw=1280&bih=579 We traveled on farther on the tour bus and saw more of this beautiful, wild, and rugged countryside around Geiranger. What a day … it was truly (visual) sensory overload for us. As much as we enjoy driving ourselves, we were very happy to leave that chore to someone else so that we both could take in the scenery.

We were back on board a little after 4:00 and had a nice surprise when we entered our cabin. What I haven’t mentioned is that Carol had had another near melt down with the computer internet hookup and that a gentleman (Bruno) from the customer service desk had come to her rescue. The surprise was a nice note from Bruno along with a bottle of Chardonnay. We took it to Johnny (our waiter) during the early dinner and asked him to please put it on ice for our table to enjoy during our regular (2nd seating)

Capt. Lis was scheduled to haul in the anchors and get this little tin can moving at 5:00. Since we had been asleep when she got us into this puddle, we wanted to see her get us out. We got a light meal in the Windjammer and luckily got a window seat. Problem was that they closed down the cafe shortly after and we had to scurry outside in the throng of other passengers to get a good viewing from the front of the boat. After it began to get dark … and too chilly for me … Carol went to the computer solarium and worked on her pictures and diary and I “rested.” We again had a delicious dinner and all of us at the table enjoyed the wine as well as another lesson on napkin folding and also how to get the cork out of the bottle AFTER its been pushed all the way inside!!

After dinner, Carol cajoled me into joining her on an upper deck in the hot tub for about 45 minutes. She says “I WANT ONE” … and I could do with one also!

Tomorrow we are slated to arrive in Bergen at 9:00 AM. By now, we know that Capt. Lis is sure to get us there safely and on time! This will be our last port of call. See you in the morning!
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 1:10 am

yay to poop piles! Max is goin' nicely....I sure hope he is on the road to recovery now. He is wearing his blankie as it is cold out there! spose to be down to 24 tonight.....ugh...but by Friday back in the 70's and Sunday 80! I LIKE! Smile 
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 10:26 am

cheers  Whew, glad Maxx is on his way………….it's like that here in AZ, CB…………….cold nights, warm nice days……………….it can be hard on horses, for sure. Add rain and a real threat……….once soaked they get really cold.

Ha, did Harry get that male pup/doxie contained?

ARK, any lessons?

SUNNY, did you get your trailer?

CAROL, are you settling in?

I'm sorry my vacation is almost over……………….my hot tub was a nice soakie in our bathtub!
Latte in the morning is my secret recipe…………….coffee, hazelnut cream, and sweet & low.
Hey, don't give the recipe away!!! LOL. I'm a regular coffee Gor May. LOL
It's been an informative fun read RICK…………………

ELLEN, boy, that's some lovely art work………………..
Back to top Go down
sunny 57

sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 10:32 am

wll Clara, we arehaving our first real cold front the wind is blowing hard and we won't even see 70 today, tonight we are going down to the low 40's and tomorrow we are going to be only in the upper 50's to low 60's then go back up to 80 by monday until the next cold front b will enjoy the cold untill May when it goes up for summer got to dash, got to get my drivers license renewed, what a pain in the butt, have a great day all
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 3:19 pm

21 night with the wind chill....brrrrrr! Max had his blankie on last night, and tonight and then it gets taken off when the sun comes up. He is doing better....going the appropriate amounts and eating good now. HIs meds are Bio Sponge, and horse Nexium! I thought that was funny! and since its in experimental phase and only by script from vet, it is very spendy! The Bio SPonge you can buy at tack stores or farm supply stores. Not too bad, 11 dollars a tube. He seems to be getting better....what a scare he gave us.
Thurs the temps will be in the 70's and weekend in the 80's...makes me a happy camper!

GM. yep, hubby got an all wire pen built for that lil horntoad! He seems very happy with his pen and dog house with a porch! That pen is great! He is also putting on some weight, not running the acreage. He is a chicken go getter tho...so he needs to make sure he stays home and safe as both neighbors have chickens..and the girls need a break on having puppies!. I keep getting calls now folks are seeing my pups and want to know if I have anymore! I have different colors than most, and my pups are raised inside, healthy and WELL socialized....when I hear from owners, they just LOVE their babies! So horndoggie does turn out some good babies.....and pretty ones. If he gets out of his prison pen, hubby will pull out the rest of his hair! lol
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 8:01 pm

Day 22 … can she find the way

...into the harbor without stopping to ask directions? The answer, of course, is a resounding YES SHE CAN! Our Capt. Lis is great with her boating skills and with her commentary about where we are and what is to be seen in the area.

Today, we arrived right on time at 9:00 AM in the city of Bergen. This is our last port of call on this cruise. Carol had done a lot of pre-trip planning and research to see what was available on the various shore excursions as well as the cost. As it turned out, this last stop was to be “on our own” as the things she / I wanted to see most were close by and we could walk and / or catch trolley, etc. We fueled up with a good hearty breakfast and started our day. As a side note, you might want or need to know that she has a pretty sharp eye for photographs and she photographs the “oddities” … such as doors, railings, and manhole covers! I have no comment on the covers except to say that I am beginning to watch for them also!. If she can get a picture of an interesting door behind an artistic looking railing … that’s like hitting the Daily Double. We haven’t yet spotted a triple with a door, a railing and a manhole cover for one picture. I’m sure she will in time! She also got one of “kids” at the table hooked on manhole covers and fruit soups. I can’t help but grin at the thought of her showing her friends from California the pictures she made of man hole covers! Check this out for some very unique artwork and just maybe you’ll start looking for them too: https://www.google.com/search?q=manhole+covers+bergen+norway&client=firefox-a&sa=X&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&ei=sf-DUrGFGMjR2QWp54DICA&ved=0CEwQsAQ&biw=1280&bih=579

Somehow I missed out on the age of Bergen until I started this blog. This thriving city has roots going back over 900 years. Please take some time to read about its history. I know wikipedia web articles can be a bit dull at times, but you’ll find some good information here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bergen I’m calling your attention to this site for its brief history of Bergen and for the main photo you see. We walked along that street and peeked in some of the old colorful buildings. Our ship was docked just behind the tall stone building on the left: http://www.visitbergen.com/en/Articles/World-Heritage-City/ This sort video is a must-see:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtX-voYgZRY

Our stroll (or walk … cause I do NOT hike!) through town was to catch the Floibanen funicular so we could “get high” again. OK … it was just plain fun to ride this train car up a steep incline. Again, I didn’t fully realize the significance of this until I started doing this blog. Here … learn all about it! … cause it’s interesting and was a fun experience: http://www.floibanen.com/history/
This video could have easily been made by us as it is exactly like our ride up and clearly shows the view from the top. The ride down was just as interesting too! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qej5f04rFFA

Carol has written in her scrap book this quoted information about our next point of interest … a Stave Church: “ During the middle ages, when immense cathedrals were being built in stone in other places in Europe, a similar technique was developed in Norway for building in wood. Boat construction and home building in the Viking times had developed this technique and tradition of combining art with wood-working. The resulting stave churches are a particularly valuable part of the architectural heritage of Norway.” STAVE is derived from “stav,” an old Norse word meaning a load-bearing post. I heard it said that a stave church (large ones) was a “wooden cathedral.” Unfortunately we were not in the right place to see a large one, but the smaller stave church we saw in Bergen was very interesting and unique. Here is another wikipedia site that is about Fantoft Stave Church. Please read carefully about the storied history of the re-creation of this old structure. I’m so glad to have seen it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fantoft_Stave_Church Here is yet another collection of pictures. Look closely at the shingled roof … I had a very difficult time discerning one shingle from the one beside it. This entire structure was ‘pure craftsmanship.’ Yes … it was good to step inside His house in Bergen, Norway: http://www.google.com/search?q=stavkirke+bergen+norway&client=safari&rls=en&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=Ou6DUofCEabM2QXX2oDgBQ&ved=0CEYQsAQ&biw=1282&bih=599

On our way back to the ship, we stopped to explore the Hanseatic League museum. This will give you a quick lesson in just how important this league of merchants was and just far back in time they go: http://www.historytoday.com/stephen-halliday/first-common-market-hanseatic-league Now, if you’ll do a repeat of the video we looked at earlier, you’ll get some interesting views inside the museum as well as Rick Steves commentary. Here is the repeat of the video above. Of particular note is his commentary that starts at the 2:18 minute mark about the league: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtX-voYgZRY

After returning to the ship and getting another snack / meal for a late lunch, Carol was off to the computer center and I laid down for awhile before dinner at 8:45PM. This was our second “formal night” for dinner and we got all dressed up again. I couldn’t help but wonder just who is this woman accompanying me as we made our way to dinner. We all had shrimp as an appetizer from Johnny and then we ordered our meals. Carol and I both had a second appetizer that was peach and strawberry (cold) soup. She had a delicious salmon meal and baked Alaska for dessert. I managed to put down a beef meal (done to absolute perfection) and had Angel food cake for dessert. Johnny entertained us with his wonderful humor and just “visited” with us tonight.

Tomorrow will be a full day at sea as we head nonstop back towards Copenhagen. I wonder if Capt. Lis can get this old tug up to speed so SNOOP can practice his water skiing??

We’ll finish this up tomorrow. Good night and sweet dreams with wonderful memories of the past 3 weeks.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 11:47 pm

ELLEN:
I loved the carvings! Especially the horses, of course, but all were great! Thanks for posting those. The foal/rocking horse was really nice.

GRAYMARE:
Lesson is tomorrow and the weather should be better than recent weeks. We cancelled last week because of rain and WIND. Tomorrow it is supposed to be clear and mid-50s. So Areion and Ivan get lessons....and me, too. Very Happy  I did ride Ivan Sunday evening. He was in an accommodating mood, so I had fun.

CB:
It's 22 degrees and still going down here tonight. Yuck. I am so glad Max is doing better!

SUNNY:
Your Disney trip sounds like a lot of fun! Take pix, please!

CAROL:
Are you in AZ yet?

RICK:
In high school, did your school have visiting speakers who showed films of their vacations, usually out west, to the student body for a quarter apiece? Very Happy  Your vacation experiences reminded me of those speakers! You should charge us all a quarter! Laughing  I've enjoyed your vacation.

Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 4:30 am

ARK: I really don't remember any such speakers. I think there might have been something like that at the public library, but my interest didn't go in that direction at that time.

SNOOP says he'll collect a quarter from each for each entry. Smile
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 6:47 pm

Day 23 … a day of reflection

… and wondering about what all we’ve seen and done in the last 3 weeks. Our sightseeing adventure for this trip is over and it is time to go home. Ernest Hemingway is quoted “ It is good to have an end to journey toward, but it is the journey that matters in the end.” I find this so true in all of life experiences whether the journey be short or long. This trip has been the most ambitious one we’ve ever taken with its many varied experiences and sights to behold.

We have utilized eight different methods of getting around: auto, plane, train, bicycle, bus, taxi, ferries / cruise ship, and walking. A lot of walking!

The absolute best part of this entire trip was the 5 days we spent with our dear Estonian daughter and her family. No … make that our EXTENDED family as she will always be a part of our family. We DO LOVE our Maris, Marko, Mihkel, and little Martin!

Seeing the beautiful scenic countryside in Sweden was special … and especially for this old horse lover was seeing that large Dalarna Horse and sitting under it eating a cone of ice cream. That might seem silly to some folks, but that is what I felt about it. I would love to have the means to someday return to that part of Sweden and get to explore it better and know its people.
I have always been partial to the more rural folk who live in the small towns and villages or hail from that sort of background. You just can’t help but love them!

Our time on the island of Aero in Denmark was certainly different for us. Seeing that beautiful old church while on our infamous bike ride was probably the highlight there. Its so hard some times to say what we liked best, etc. But to me, seeing that old church that has been so lovingly maintained over its many years of service was special. Again, from the countryside surrounding, you could tell that the hard working rural people of that community really loved their church and what it stands for. For me, God was there in His house when we stopped by for a short visit.

The cruise ship itself was a fun and relaxing thing to experience, but for me, it was a way to meet our objective of seeing as much of Norway and its beauty as we could in a short time. Of the many varied sights we saw and things accomplished, a few really stick out for me. The open air museum was special because it taught us more about rural people. And once again, we were impressed by another of His houses … the stave church we visited while in Bergen. For absolute breath taking beauty, and visual sensory overload, the Geiranger fjord would be almost impossible to beat.

This day was a day to rest before going home. Carol did some ‘tinkering’ with her photos and journal notes while I read a book, got outside some, wandered aimlessly around Capt. Lis’s overgrown rowboat. Carol succumbed to the temptation and bought one of the photos made of us at the dinner table last evening. It was an acceptable photo of me, but I can’t quite figure out who that pretty woman is that is sitting with me.

We got our clothes and empty bags out of the closet and drawers and got everything packed away. Luggage was tagged for the ship’s crew to handle and was to be placed outside our door before retiring for the night.
Before dinner, there was a special presentation show of 74 different national flags honoring the crew members who kept this ship operating. It was quite a sight to see as each flag was presented and one or two crew members would do a little dance routine dressed in THEIR native costumes. An announcement was made telling us that there were “17 crew members native of Panama.” etc. There were a few small countries I had never heard of and only had one crew member on board. It was really nice to see this and to also reflect on just how small this world really is.

Good night from our last night on Vision of the Seas. Capt. Lis opened up the throttles and we did 547 miles from Bergen to Copenhagen where we started from. Snoop wanted to try water skying behind the ship, but got scared when we told him the water was too cold!

Day 24 ... was a day of airline flights and layovers. We went from Copenhagen to Heathrow Airport outside London, England. After a 3 hour layover ( and time for a meal) we flew on to Dulles Airport in Washington, DC. where we had a 2 ½ hour layover before flying on home to Greensboro, NC. Jillian met us (NO CAMERON!!) and carried us on home. It was good to be home again.

One of the things that demanded my attention after arriving home were two phone messages and a written message from my Doctor to see him as soon as possible. The next day, I was told that I have been diagnosed with chronic lymphocytic leukemia. This was based on some blood work done just before leaving for our trip. Not to worry … this is such a “slow” variety of leukemia and is easily treatable when needed. One of the things that goes along with this is “fatigue” and that probably explains my lethargic ways while we were gone and my napping.

It has been a nice experience writing these reports as its made me do some research to share with you the reader. Someday I may learn how to incorporate Carol’s pictures into these reports.

Much love to all,
Rick, Carol, and Snoop (who is my imaginary traveling companion)

Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 7:11 pm

GREAT JOB RICK & CAROL! Thanks for the lovely report and educational trip.

RICK, sorry to read your medical report………….thank God it's treatable and you feel well.

Prayers for ALL…………………God bless!
Back to top Go down
Carol W

Carol W

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 7:28 pm

Arrived Arizona Monday evening. Geoff headed home on Tuesday. I started the mess of getting all the TV, internet, oxygen set up up, plus me resting, takes me a LONG time to recover from 3 days on the road ,,,,, working on in and figure to go up to the mail room, office, etc tomorrow and grocery store tomorrow. will see how long my energy lasts .... nice and warm though.....
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 10:52 pm

Carol, it's good to hear from you. Glad you are there and safe.

Rick, I have very much enjoyed your travel log. You and Mz Carol obviously had a wonderful trip and saw lots and lots of interesting and beautiful sights. Thank you for sharing it with us.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 12:15 am

RICK:
Your trip was really a fun one to read! I had never considered going to those countries, but now will think about it more if we ever get time and money enough for another overseas trip. Thanks for posting about your trip! Now.....what do you have to do for this new illness? Whatever it is, take good care of yourself. At least you have a full time nurse to make sure you treat yourself right!

CAROL:
I am glad to hear you are in AZ! Also that your son drove you down. That had to make the trip more fun. How many miles do you travel each way?

GRAYMARE:
I had a very nice lesson on Ivan and Areion today! Ivan was good. We are figuring out sidepassing right now. He can do it, I just have to get the signals right. After Lori finished with Areion, I got to ride her for several minutes at a walk and trot. She has such a big trot compared to Ivan! I had to learn to post on her, she has a long stride and can trot pretty slow. I am used to the machine gun fast, Ivan Laughing . Ivan has to work to be slow, Areion just trots slow anyway. She really behaved well and was a blast to ride. Ivan is my Ferrari, Areion is my Cadillac...Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 1:21 am

I had a brilliant idea today....I got a horse for hubby.....it was a fair trade! Rolling Eyes Wink 
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 10:17 am

CB, heh heh heh
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 11:44 am

CB:
Unless that horse can change the kitty litterbox, it wouldn't be a fair trade here!Laughing 

ELLEN:
Did your cousin do well at the carving show? Is that a contest or a sale place?

SUNNY:
When is your Disney trip?

OL'MAN:
How are things?

TRUDY:
Did George get that fence repaired?

BEECH:
YooHoo! How are you?

SILVERDANCER:
Still waiting on news of your Wales trip with Zaristo......or your Scotland trip!

INDYAPP:
How are things in the frozen north? How are you doing with Tiberius? Areion's trainer, Lori, says we will take her somewhere by the first of the year, we are still working on basic stuff in the arena right now with her. She doesn't want Ivan to go with her on her first trail ride, Ivan tends to get nervous when he has one of his mares with him. He seems to worry about them. Lori wants Areion to get used to the trail without Mr. Nervous Nelly so she doesn't pick up his nervousness.

Okay, I have put off going outside as long as possible. It's cold out there, but should get into the 50s by noon. I guess the herd would like some attention....
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 12:33 pm

Cloudy and windy here this morning……..45 so not cold, no rain expected. LOL, Faith hasn't noticed, she's head down on the grass eating……I've had to increase her nutrition ration as grass is fading.
This afternoon I will have a grooming session……………..old lady therapy, shoulder exercises, eye hand coordination, and singing voice practice……………somebody's got to do it.

CAROL, woohoo, you're here! Call when you get caught up. Ha, you're prob already at canasta…………

ARK, sounds really good……….Aerion will soon become your main ride…………….or will you breed her to an Andalusian? Oooooooooooooooo. My bad. I LOVE the babies.

CB………………you're bad……………..Laughing 

Jump in when you can INDY……………….
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 2:00 pm

Yep..ARK, that's the way to do it...take the youngster out with a good calm trail horse and let them learn there are NO boogie men living behind rocks, under bushes, or laying across the trail AnyWhere! Then you get the old one like Tank, who just decides Hmmmmmm.....maybe I'll spook at that to see if the fat lady sings! when she hits the dirt. So far, I've managed to stay on, but I think its becuz he is so wide, before he totally unseats me to the side as my right leg is coming up to propel me, he stops and waits for me to gather my wits and my seat once again! cyclops He is about 18........you would think he'd be a tad more tolerant about things that go boo in the daylight, huh?

Rick, whatever your treatment plan is, you do it and do it good! You need to stick around a whole lot longer and bug us gals!

Carol, glad you got there safe and sound! Enjoy the sunshine.

Max seems to be doing ok....he has 3 more days of meds and then he is done....then we will see if he can hold things together....I sure hope so.

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 3:19 pm

Ark, the one that has the nails sticking through the limb won best in catagory, and then second best in show. The judges apparently didn't touch the nails and realize they were carved from the same piece of wood as the stump piece. Actually, they look and feel like real nails.
He almost always wins. He has built quite a name for himself and is being asked to judge other shows and teach quite a few classes all over this end of the country.
His 10 year old grandson is following in his tracks. He won in his division too. Of course, there isn't much competition in that age range.

I'm so glad to hear that Areion is doing so well. It will be great fun to take her out on a trail for the first time.

I was thinking about Indy too. Have we heard from her since she was going to take Tiberius and Monster out on a ride?
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 12:11 am

lordie, hope she ain't still out there riding in circles lost or nuthin!
Indy, where are you?

OK, all those missing in action or not in action but still missing, its time for a roll call and I'm calling y'all to roll your butts back in here and let us know whats hoppin in your neck of the woods. We miss ya's! and I am just a nosey ol' broad who wants to know what everyone else is doing!

Someone posted that lil giggle on facebook and I laughed out loud!
But today I had a friend call me from another horsey site, and wanted to know all about the new horse! LOL:P Shocked  tee-hee....I'm glad I wasn't on the puter and I was outside cuz I had just taken a big swallow of soda...
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 12:54 am

Hey, hey, hey...someones' got a birthday

Happy Birthday Sunny Dawn! This is tomorrows wish that you have a great day and do something special. Enjoy! I was trying to stay awake another hour so this would be all legal...but my eyes tell me I'm gettin' old! and they are falling shut!

So have a special day tomorrow, enjoy!wavy :dance: bouncy hug 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

November 2013
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next