Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

November 2013

Go down 
+6
Ol'Man
Rick Angell
Carol W
Graymare
cb
Ark
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
Indyapp

November 2013 - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 7 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 10:32 am

Since we're all giving weather reports...

Light snow flurries with possibility of 6-12 inches of lake effect snow. However, I "probably" won't get that much snow unless wind direction changes. I'm JUST on the other side of the snow belt and it will usually miss me. Keeping my fingers crossed.

So what goes clip clop clip thunk? clip clop clip thunk? Sophie the Wonder Pony with the little lawn tractor tire they play with stuck to her foot! hysterical hysterical hysterical 

Back to top Go down
sunny 57

sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 7 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 11:45 am

that storm hit us around 4a.m high winds, pouring rain, and the temps are dropping, going to get into the 30's for a lot of Florida we are at the edge so not sure that I will see temps that low, but they will be the coldest of the season, please, if anyone is in the path of this storm, take it serious, be very careful if you have to drive in it stay home if possible,

everyone have a very HAPPY TANKSGIVING, get stuffed like your turkey and enjoy being with family and friends
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 7 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 2:27 pm

Indy, roflmao.  That description is hysterically funny.  I could just see it.  Laughing Laughing Laughing

It's cold here, and has been snowing lightly on and off through the day, with barely enough accumulation to see. Some of the channels that are protected from the wind have begun to freeze up. The main parts of the lakes haven't started to freeze yet because the wind keeps them moving.

Tomorrow morning, I'm off for the weekend. Happy Thanksgiving to everybody. Eat lots of turkey and dressing.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 7 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 11:44 pm

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving so I just finished cleaning and now have Big Bird ready for the oven tomorrow. I'll make the stuffing first thing in the morning (after I feed Mama, of course). We will eat around 2-3P..............

I just sat down to watch Planes, Trains and Automobiles. I laugh so hard at the antics in this movie. I think Steve Martin and John Candy are hysterical and TL & I laugh out loud. TL used to fly all over the world so he knows how much of it is really not funny which makes me laugh harder. I thank God for a funny movie for Thanksgiving..................in the old years
when the world wasn't so crazy, I used to take strangers home when they got stuck in Chicago and would drive them back in the next day. That was 1960 ish..............

I had my barn party scheduled for Sat but canceled that last week...............not sure when that's going to go. I'll let you know CAROL.........I prob will wait until after the foal now as holidays are crazy here. The big ASU - U of A game is Saturday so we're going to a party for that.

On a really good note, all I'm responsible for tomorrow is the turkey..................kids are doing all the rest. Seems too simple.

OMG, the movie just passed the part where John Candy chuckles and takes off his socks in the airplane, now they're stuck in Wichata in the motel bed and he is clearing his throat and nose, snorting and cracking his knuckles...........he is SO hysterically obnoxious I just die at him in this movie.....and Steve Martin as the "tight a$$" is perfect.

O K...............bye for now,
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 7 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 11:46 pm

INDY, that's funny, too……………..did you get a pic?

Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 7 EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 12:32 am

LMAO. Now the car burned, the rental car was on Martin's credit card, and the car is done for….nobody has any money as Martin's wallet burned in the car……………HYSTERICAL.

This version is a family version without any bad words……………..
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 7 EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 8:32 am

HAPPY TURKEY DAY!!!!!!!!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving day with family and friends.

It's cold here in PA, we had one tiny inch of snow on Tuesday but nothing since, just cold temps and wind.

Don't eat too much today and don't forget to give thanks for all the blessings we have.

Love & prayers for all...
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 7 EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 11:56 am

I wandered out to the barn to feed horses about 930. It is 28F under a cloudless sky with very little wind.

I just can't seem to rid myself of congested head and chest and have had very little sleep because of constant coughing. I don't think I'll be doing anything special with family today. Carol, Jillian, Cameron and my MIL are going to Carol's niece's place for dinner this evening. Maybe I can get them to bring me a plate of goodies. I think I'll be staying at home. Charlotte will likely be here.

Have a good FOOPY holiday and stay warm!!

Love to all...Rick & Snoop
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 7 EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 12:33 pm

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE……………..we are blessed and I am extremely thankful.

This morning is lovely, still chilly at 40, but very nice. RICK, TL got that "stuff", too, but is now better……………..stay in, drink tea, and read, watch T V, etc…………I'm sure you will get all the
"fixins"……………..hope you feel better soon.

Bird went in the oven at 7:30 A, 24 lbs, big group…………..

Everyone have a great day. God bless.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 7 EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 1:05 pm

GM, i remember those big groups of fun...when we were in the military we always had a large group and lots of good food and laughs, and poker weekends....I miss those days. But we are having dinner at Jessis' so we get to play with the kids and we are watching the movie "the Millers" tonight. Different group, but nice

Rick, tea with cinnamon and honey is good, and hot toddy at night...rest and take zinc and vit c. can't hurt! Hope you feel better soon. You are usually taking off for Turkey Day. Get well! No fun being sick on a holiday with all that good food around!

Happy Thanksgiving Day Y'all. Now go forth ad stuff your faces and tell that food to "get in my belly'. Enjoy and be safe and stay warm! We are back to runnin fans here...and the AC will have to be on for the weekend. i'm glad our cold snap has goe. I can wuv my new home once again!Cool Shocked Smile wavy 
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 7 EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 3:57 pm

I have the blessed house all to my lonesome...Charlotte was by earlier this morning and said she wasn't going to risk getting "it" from me, so she is gone, too. I shall concentrate on reading and enjoying the quiet by myself. My T-giving meal will likely be a bowl of corn flakes or something similar.

Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 7 EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 11:01 pm

November 2013 - Page 7 6gio

We have had a nice Thanksgiving, the first at home in a few years. I cooked a turkey and fixings, Donnie ate them and helped store the leftovers. We should be eating turkey for awhile.

RICK:
I hope you got a nice plate of goodies. Sorry you are feeling bad, I hope you feel better quickly.

GRAYMARE:
I love that movie! John Candy had some really good movies. One I love watching in the winter when it is cold and icy is "Summer Rental". It takes place in Florida and looks so nice and warm!

ELLEN:
Safe and fun trip!

OL'MAN:
I found a website I think you'd like. It has lots of stories of historic horses:

http://www.horsecarecourses.com/horse_of_the_week/2012/04/comanche-the-horse-that-survived-the-battle-of-little-bighorn-1.html

TRUDY:
We got very little snow from the storm, maybe a half inch, we just got lots of rain and some temporary ice. We only had a skiff of snow that melted or blew away. It was sunny and only a little windy today.

INDYAPP:
That is a funny word picture you posted! Laughing 
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 12:54 am

ARK, we're on for Uncle Buck around the 20th of Dec or so…..

We had a great thanksgiving and the turkey is no longer stuffed, I am…………..

Anybody headed out for Black Friday? I think, for me, it would be easier to plan my own suicide.
The lines at stores reveal the true idiocy of the human…………so, early A M will be spent right here
eating left overs………MMMMMMM.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 3:43 am

Gosh the food I ate, I am stuffed! We watched a chipmunk move with the grands and then hubby and I ventured out to Wal Mart at 10 pm. and got a few things they had on sale. Most of the employees we ran into or needed help from were very cheerful...and I asked a couple of guys moving huge loads of stuff for tomorrow.....they said this one day of overtime for them will be used for their xmas for their families and they didn't mind at all. Said they were tired, but it was an adventure! They said volunteers jumped to work, and the few that were requested to work didn't seem to really mind...they split the shifts so they could either have a big lunch or dinner. I didn't think that was so bad.....altho I've heard horror stories on facebook.

Well, I am going to hit the sack.....hope y'all had a great day and good weekend ahead! Good food and company makes ya smile!Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 11:33 am

Here, CB, today, the Walmart employees are staging a huge protest regarding labor treatment by the company. They're protesting salaries, benefits, treatment (not able to obtain full time benefits) and job hours………I'll calmly watch it on the news. Glad you got to talk to some satisfied workers.
I have no idea how Walmart management operates, I go there and shop like everyone else………I'll just say here and eat the delicious left overs. Glad your Walmart wasn't crazy.

What will be crazy here is the football game tomorrow night….ASU vs U of A………TL and his gang are going. Ha, we women aren't sure of our plans…………prob go to Red White and Brew, we don't know.

We are just enjoying being home for now being thankful.

God bless, Prayers for ALL.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 12:28 pm

Ha, came in to turn off computer……….on the news they just had the lines at Cabella's on. OMG, even us older folks can be equally crazy and pushy at the doors…………

What I can't figure out watching the shopping hysteria is: I thought our country was in an economic slump………………holy cow, I can't even imagine what Costco or Sam's Club is like.

Now, my only shopping rush for a line would be if they offered 110# bales of hay, perfect condition,
no limits, for $5 a bale………………….I would line up. That won't EVER happen around here. I do think the feed store will be empty by around 11A and I will go get some pellets. No traffic, no crowd, just say hi to my old time friends and talk thanksgiving.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 1:11 pm

Getting in any kind of line to buy something is not my idea of a good time. I don't even like a line of three people in the grocery store. I am sewing and knitting for Christmas this year. Little shopping required.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 11:40 pm

kids and grands were here today and the grands rode their horses in our arena area....they had a ball, even cantered some....yehawwww....I think I have some cowgirls in my life! Tomorrow a trail ride is scheduled at the State Park...yesssss....weather is warming back up and it is so nice.

Hubby put shoes on Rocky, he will do Tank and Cinnamon this next week....its been too wet and cold for the last whole week to even think about it. But now he will get them done!

Sweet Dreams y'all.
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 7 EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 7:44 am

The last day of November. Holy cow (no pun intended CB).

I actually went shopping on Black Friday, to the grocery store. There was NO ONE there, they were all at the malls and Walmart, I was in and out of there in less than half an hour. That is my kind of shopping, empty isles and no lines at the register.

CB: You are so blessed to have those grand kids that ride and enjoy the horses. I am jealous...we have 10 grand kids, not a horse kid in the bunch. Makes me sad. I never could get them interested in the horses.

RICK: Hope you are taking good care of yourself. The stuff going round this year is really nasty.

ARK: Hope you guys like turkey leftovers. LOL

INDY APP: HAHAHAHA I can just see that silly pony wearing the tire.

This week we will be working on the Purple Heart Christmas party. Today daughter Amy is coming down to help (well really do it all) with the programs. She is a whiz on the computer. The party is next Saturday at the Legion. We are having a special program with a Gold Star Mother giving a speech. It should be a nice party this year. So much to do before Saturday arrives.

I spent 4 days SICK...sleeping the week away on the couch. Woke up to hear Ace gagging and throwing up on my favorite Steeler blankie. EEWWWWW The sound of a retching dog will bring ya out of a dead sleep. LOL I must have given him my illness. Poor doggie. We are both better now...

Have a great weekend everyone.

Love & prayers for all.
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 7 EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 12:55 pm

Thanks, Trudy...Whatever it is that had me congested is 98% gone. That last 2 % is making me "bark" all night long. I had a clear chest X-ray yesterday and got some meds including a cough syrup with codeine. My stomach actually hurts from a night of hard coughing. I'll try to stay up today, but I guessing a long nap is a strong possibility!

Hope all can stay warm and safe this year.

What is Santa going to leave for Foops this year? I fear that it'll be a new roof for our house. Yeah ... I know ... really exciting!!

Love to all ... Rick
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 7 EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 1:01 pm

Late Christmas…………………..a live foal, prayerfully requested…………..
Back to top Go down
Carol W

Carol W

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 7 EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 1:31 pm

that brings a smile to my face Graymare....... Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 12:54 am

Had a great ride at the State Park today other than a few spooks and and few quick jumps to the side...we never did know what they were seeing or hearing....Max, Rocky and Tank all 3 did a piorette in the air and then a quick slide to the left for two of them and aone went to the right! Found that strange.....and the girls' horses just stopped a looked at the fools scrambling to keep their butts in the saddle and not hanging off of it! Girls found it quite hilarious! Brenna our hosey shy GD, took the plunge today and went on a trail ride and she was beside her self with pride that she actually DID IT! Beautiful day in the 70's and a breeze, and I think I got sunburned again! We got back to the trailhead and had roasted hot dogs and smores.....it was a good day. I will say they keep the trails well groomed....they have nice wide trails that you could take a buggy on, and then there are horse trail paths thru some trees.....all in all a great trail and great day. And yes Tank gave me one of his monster shakes that bout put me off....my sound effects had the girls pealing with laughter!
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 1:37 pm

You're a wonderful Gramma, CB……………….
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 3:27 pm

GRAYMARE:
I hope you get your Christmas wish!!!!

CB:
Your family has such fun! Yep, you are a good granny. wavy 

RICK:
I am going to continue your question in the next thread......

It is time to change over to December 2013! Hard to believe it is that time of year already. Go to:

https://horsefriends.forumotion.com/t27-december-2013#3310

Or click on Basket and then on December 2013.....See you there!
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

November 2013
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7