Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

November 2013

Go down 
+6
Ol'Man
Rick Angell
Carol W
Graymare
cb
Ark
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
cb

November 2013 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 12:54 am

Hey, hey, hey...someones' got a birthday

Happy Birthday Sunny Dawn! This is tomorrows wish that you have a great day and do something special. Enjoy! I was trying to stay awake another hour so this would be all legal...but my eyes tell me I'm gettin' old! and they are falling shut!

So have a special day tomorrow, enjoy!wavy :dance: bouncy hug 
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 8:40 am

Not much happening around here. Yesterday George went to Doctor Rick's farm down in Connesville with Kevin to go rabbit hunting. Doctor Rick has our beagles and my horse Mack, so it will be old home week for George and the animals.

It's so quiet around here without him bugging me, but I have to say I miss the old guy. It's a no cooking, junk food eating, no cleaning weekend for me. I think I will make pumpkin pancakes for breakfast this morning.

Of course, of all weekends, it seems like all my girlfriends are off on weekend excursions also, so it's just me Ace & Sassy. My last season of Dexter DVD's arrived, so that is what I have been doing with all my free time. I'm going to miss that serial killer. LOL Moving onto The Following with Kevin Bacon.

ARK: Yup, George got the fence fixed and now all the rails are screwed into the posts, so no one will be trying to steal them.

SUNNY: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU.

RICK: That illness sounds scary, take good care of yourself. You know you guys like to think you are stronger than the illness, listen to the doctors.

Have a great weekend everyone. Dexter is calling me...
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 11:09 am

Trudy, ifn I were there, I would go and run around with ya! We are going to the base this morning to watch Jessis' troops participate in a marching contest type thing.....and then there is a Santas Flea Market thing on base, and then on to the auction to see what great deals they have....but would much prefer hitting all the small businesses in town and check them out with you, so when are you coming for a visit! Just stuff George in a suitcase and come on down! Smile  You know I love road trips and getting into trouble!

Have a good weekend everyone!
Back to top Go down
sunny 57

sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 12:00 pm

thank you for the birthday wishes, yesterday I went to the new flea market, Kent gave money and said go crazy so I got two pairs of those rubber clogs I love them and they are hard to find I think they call them croakies, and I got a leather case for my insulin pump, the one I had was very old and worn out, got to meet some people from up north and one lady just loved my scooter and asked questions about it so I may have made a sale if she buys one it is 50 dollars to me, tonight I am going over to my daughter's house for my birthday dinner,the reason I went out yesterday is that it has been raining since 7p.m last night, that is the only thing that will hurt my scooter ,water, I am planning my Disney trip for after thanksgiving,the parks are too full on that day and Idon't do large crowds well, but I am starting to get out and enjoy myself
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 1:37 pm

Good news from you SUNNY! Have a VERY happy birthday!!! And many more……………….
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 2:58 pm

Thanks for your concern, Trudy ... this is described to me as being very slow acting and easily treatable IF it becomes necessary to do so. Was told I'll likely die of something else before this gets me. Right now, we are going to start tracking some numbers from blood work. Next blood to be drawn will be Dec. 30th. Only difficulty I've seen is lowered energy level ... but I'm kinda / sorta lazy anyway;) 
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 3:38 pm

RICK, I work for/in the lymphoma research foundation…….lots of info there………….

Right now we are trying VERY hard to get the oral chemo parity act through congress……….the new oral chemo therapies are not covered by ins co.'s…….if you want substantial info I will get it for you………….. I write, interview cancer pts, document, and call congressmen/women to vote FOR the act………..

Plus the riding kids program me…………………

I'm seriously busy…………………..Faith is my serenity……I just love being with her in the quiet moments……………………..
Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 8:28 pm

Hi folks.
No, I am not lost in the hills of Brisol, Indiana. Just incredibly busy. One of the women at work was diagnosed w/colon cancer earlier this summer. I have been picking up some of her clients while she has been undergoing radiation and chemo treatment. She had surgery this past Tuesday and is doing very well. She has a more intensive round of chemo / radiation still to go, but the Drs. say at this point no reason not to expect full recovery.

Tiberius and Monster did very well on our outing. Only real tense moment was when the water fowl took off out of the little drainage ditch / creek we were beside and both Monster and Tiberius decided to bolt. Fortunately both Bill and I stayed on and neither horse ran very far. We both look forward to being able to ride more next spring.

I had another 270 bales of hay delivered today. I now have enough hay that I don't have to worry about running out of hay before hay is made next spring. I love having that feeling of security I get when I look up and see two full hay mows. Now all I have to do is get the horse trailer parked in the barn for the winter. I couldn't do that until the hay was delivered. Hopefully I will get that done tomorrow.

RICK, I have really enjoyed your travelogue. You sure were able to visit a lot of interesting places in a relatively short amount of time. I think I would have been on sensory overload about halfway through.

Happy belated Birthday SUNNY. Isn't it great when you're able to stock up on those hard to find items? Especially when you're not specifically looking for them.

CB congrats on the new horse (snicker). Glad to hear that Max is recovering from his colic.

I'm starting to fade from all the work and fresh air I had today. Think I'm going to finish up a couple of things before I run totally out of energy. Have a great night all.

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 11:33 pm

Happy Birthday, Sunny! I hope you enjoyed the day to the fullest. While I don't enjoy spending a lot of time shopping, flea markets can be fun.

Glad to hear from you Indy. If the explosive flutter of the ducks was the only thing that bothered the horses, you have it made. They'll be great next year.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 7:55 pm

Indy, glad you aren't lost roaming the wild lands....LOL....I know well about fowls making a horse bolt! We ran across a whole flock of wild turkeys who insisted on grabbing air and gobbling the whole way right beside us....those horses just froze and stared at them! BUT on down the road we ran across a whole dang HERD errrr....Flock of banty chickens cluckin and squawkin'....that's all she wrote on that one as horses spun like a carnival ride doing fifty and bolted back the way they had come! Lil chickies freaked them out where the big ol turkeys just froze their feet to the ground.
When Hubby and I were on our last outing in Sheep Springs OR we were just walking down a log road with high banks on each side and here come two deer flying off one side cleared us and landed on the other side and off they went, I think! Cuz all I remember was Breaking both my legs,

(felt like it anyway)

as my horses belly hit the ground she ducked down so dang fast! and then right back up so she could run off, of course. Hubbys horse did the same thing. These were oldsters both in their 20's and seasoned trail horses! YUP, you would swear they are doing gymnastics with a lil ballet thrown in there!

We were working on our lil arena for the girls to practice barrels and poles....we got a 120 feet by 50 up so far....it will be 130-150 long and 80 feet wide when we are done with it. I shouldn't have been wearing a tank top tho, cuz I got sunburned today! 83 and sunny....wowzer of a nice day.bom 
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 10:55 pm

ELLEN, check in………..worried here wondering if you were in tornado path………….
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 11:34 pm

need to hear from OL MAN also....yoo hoo!
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 11:55 pm

Yes, CB…………………….

Praying they're O K……………….they may be without power and internet………….
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 1:22 am

ELLEN, OL'MAN and INDYAPP:
Please let us know how you are doing!

INDYAPP:
It was very good to see your earlier post! You sound busy as usual.

SUNNY:
Hope your birthday was lots of fun!

CB:
I am glad to hear Max is doing better.

CAROL:
Are you all rested up from the drive yet? Are you warmed up?

TRUDY:
Did Dexter find you? No 

GRAYMARE:
I loved raising our foals, too, but we don't plan on breeding Areion or the other mares. Areion is the last one for us. I have a hard time thinking about babies I raise going to some other home, so I can't raise any I can't keep and our barn is full. It is probably lucky it isn't a bigger barn! Laughing  And when Areion is 30 years old, I will be 85! affraid 
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Indyapp

Indyapp

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 11:10 am

Well Toto, It looks like we're still in Indiana....

That storm yesterday was something else. I'm fortunate in that my power only blinked off. It came right back on. AND, I only had one tree fall that I'll have to deal with. The good news about that tree is that it couldn't have fallen in a better spot. As far as I'm concerned it can stay right where it is until next spring when the weather is better. It fell away from the barn so didn't hit that. It fell away from the fence so it didn't hit that either. It was already dead, but it was so tall I hadn't messed with it because I didn't know how I was going to safely cut it down. Now I don't have to worry about that part of it. Yeah!

Now we just need ELLEN and Ol Man to check in.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 12:08 pm

INDY…….thanks for letting us know you're O K…………..I'm very thankful for your escape from the worst of the storm……….

I'm guessing ELLEN has no power due to winds but from the map it looks like her area is OK…………
hopefully we'll hear from her soon……….
OLMAN is far south right? OLMAN, please let us hear……………..

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 12:31 pm

Jumping up and down and waving, I'm here. I'm here. All is well here. We did have some pretty strong winds that blew down a limb a few hundred yards from here that took out my power. That was about 4:00 yesterday afternoon. I turned on the fireplace, lit some candles and continued to knit by candlelight. After I'd gone to bed, the power came on close to 1AM.
Back to normal for me. Many others are not as fortunate.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 2:35 pm

INDY and ELLEN, glad you girls are alright! Watching the weather channel this morning and WOW....those poor folks and right here before the holidays start...I think that makes it even worse...altho losing all you had is devastating. I'll HUM for those lost in the storm and their families and HUM for those trying to put their lives back together.
OL MAN, check in....you are probably far enuf south to not get hit, but we want to make darn sure you and Virginia are alright!

Kind of cloudy today and only get to the 70's...but that's fine with me. I can work outside and not get sunburned!Smile 

ARK, I think I have had enuf babies here also, foals that is....looks like I"ll be having more puppies. He didn't get out Graymare, the two females crawled out of their pen, squeezed in, bending the wire squares (2by4) just enuf to get in with him. Got up this morning and there they were I guess there isn'tmuch I can do about it now....I won't get the abortion shot as I've lost two females giving it before....I once had a hybrid wolf dog chew my wooden house door enuf to crawl thru and breed two female great danes. in my house. They were both sleeping on Randis bed. he got one while she slept and got the other as she woke up and started screaming!.....didn't want mixed breed puppies altho today with yuppie puppies they probably would sell like hotcakes, folks get as much for mixed breedings than we do for AKC registered pups. I will stick with my AKC pups. Just wasn't planning on the females going to the male! Never had that happen before! they must think he is HOT! (he is my blue and cream colored male, and DNA tested) I have put the older two females in the house now....the door is metal...am hoping that will deter their getting out. I will walk them on a leash!
Back to top Go down
Ol'Man

Ol'Man

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 7:06 pm

I.m good CB===Very Happy 

Our health is good but have slowed down lots and lots.
Back to top Go down
Ol'Man

Ol'Man

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 7:14 pm

CB we got something in common ---you guys have Jesse who is happy in the Army!

Our grandson is in his second col'ge year and taking ROTC. He is turning into a horse and is a cpl now. Doing lot greater than I could at that age. Ask hubby how many one arm pushups he did during Army time??? they say it is easy-I never could
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 10:06 pm

I'm very grateful that all I had was a power outage for a few hours. Right here, the winds weren't anything I haven't seen before, but I saw some damage this morning as I was taking my car to the shop. Quite a few trees down, and one down on a garage. I had to take a pretty good detour since there was a road closed while they repaired a downed power pole.
Tonight, all is back to normal. AND I didn't have to pay for the repair to the gas gauge on my car because it was a common problem with Envoys and GMC acknowledged the problem and fixed them. I was fully expecting to have to pay at least $150, so I was more than pleased when the service manager said there would be no charge. Color me happy.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 10:19 pm

OL MAN, heck even we are slowing down in our dotage....don't do nearly as much as we did...sigh....but we are hangin in there!

Glad your grandson loves his career and school too....good job! He is making rank fast....good for him. Yep, Jessi loves her career too...she has been in for over 8 years now...doesn't seem possible....she keeps so darn busy! She goes to school after working all day. She is going for her bachelors now....she is having to take a few more classes than she did before....lil smartie pants! I really don't know where she got it from either!
Harry liked the Air Force all the way thru until his last year in and he said things were really changing a lot, and he was glad to retire when he did. He said he never had to do one arm push ups, said he could do some but not many .....they did the regular pushups...and he did enuf to pass the pt once a year! LOL
Jessi followed in his footsteps and went Air Force, mainly for the education benefits they offered...but she likes the
military and her hubby does too.
Glad you are alright! Don't get too slowed down now! cuz we like hearing from you!
Sweet Dreams
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 11:02 pm

Oh, good! Our Indiana contingent have all checked in!wavy  I am very happy to hear that you are all okay. Tornadoes are just the worst.

We got rain and wind off that storm system in the middle of the night, but nothing compared to the midwest. It has been windy all day here, but today was bright and sunny. I cleaned the barn and then spent awhile brushing all the horses and donkey. The white ones still look like paints, but at least the mud isn't clumped up on them now.

Areion is now threatening Ivan for a higher status position. The mare is definitely a social climber. The only one left that she hasn't trampled over on her way to the top is Daisy....who would kick her into next week. Ivan is being very careful to maintain a respectful distance from Areion's rear feet....he's no dummy. Hopefully she will attain her position soon and stop bullying everyone so much. Now that she is an official riding horse, she feels she deserves a higher rank. Rolling Eyes 

Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 11:10 pm

One of the girls who did work at Viking is in Air National Guard, has been to Irag, goes to school, and is now working full time, in addition to her Guard weekends. She did a great job for Viking, but she needed the full time job, rather than part time because she wants to buy a house. She is a beautiful girl and I've told her a couple of times how proud I am of her, even though I don't know her very well.
CB and Ol'Man, you are soooo justified to be so very proud of your kids.
Back to top Go down
Ol'Man

Ol'Man

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 11:22 pm

Best photo ever!!!!! Cool Cool 
Is it a litho or real??
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 12:12 am

I'll go with REAL! cuz you two cutie patooties are so sweet and nice, its just too real!

Thanks Ellen! I know Gene and I are both very proud of our military kiddos/grands. they give us lots of reasons to be!

ARK, has your queenie filly been in season yet? OH BOY....I do like my geldings and Cinnamon never acts marish, thank goodness....the pally app mare does some weird stuff when she is in season! And don't get behind her, cuz if she thinks you are another horse, you're gonna lose your head. She has felt my buggy whip several times across those back heels when she wings them up and I've thrown buckets at her too when its needed and I don't have my whip....when she isn't in, she is the sweetest lil thing.....I'm trying to talk Harry into selling her to someone who wants to barrel race or team pen....cuz man she has some fantastic moves and she can slide stop too...nicely. With the right training and a job to do she may be a really good horse for someone, not for a beginner tho or child...Lady up the road has a black appy mare who is 15 hands tall, follows you around like she is attached,...she is trying to talk me into her for one of the girls...hay is getting so expensive that everyone is downloading horses right now...its a real shame. We are hanging in there, but even our hay man thinks he'll be out in January, so we have to stock pile in some hay.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: November 2013   November 2013 - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

November 2013
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next