Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

April 2012

Go down 
+14
TallyPam
Appy
Beech
Eileen
Carol W
Santa
BarTGila
Rick Angell
Indyapp
Ellen E
Manygatess
sunny 57
cb
Ark
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Eileen

April 2012 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: April 2012   April 2012 - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 11:05 pm

Rats, I wrote a whole book here and it plumb disappeared...I I did manage to change my name back to Eileen, thanks for the tip on that Ark. I did think that my Avatar pic would post but obviously I screwed up on that too. Please have patience Ark I don't want some wierdo on a Kangaroo for my avatar. lol I will try again, but am warn out from this last trial of my computer savvy. I need a nap. Later
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   April 2012 - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 11:42 pm

psssstttt....Mz. Eileen....remember me...Sir Snoops-A-Lot of Foopville? Mz. ARK has some REALLY neat "babe" type pictures that I was able to get for her....pictures of all the folks here made just last decade Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Beech

Beech

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   April 2012 - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 11:46 pm

I found my way, ARK, but I seem to have to log in multiple times before I'm admitted. scratch

Ice in the water bucket here this morning, but the day proved gloriously sunny with the temps rising to 50-ish, so I took off for the pharmacy and big supermarket on GG at midafternoon. Too cold for that, really, but I made it: 28 miles, round trip. Whoopeeee!!!! bouncy bouncy bouncy

Peas planted last week,and spinach. Now working on moving a load of compost from pickup to garden beds. Bought the compost from a fellow in the next town north, who makes it from, among other contents, lobster and clam shell -- from restaurants, I assume, because it's full of those rubber bands used to keep lobster claws shut. I'm tring to think how I could remarket them... ROFL

Kathi and Carol; kudos from a fellow Advair user for adjusting to the O2 regimen. Not easy, I'm sure. ClappingHands

Going to have to screw up my courage to try color and all. pale pale Later!
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   April 2012 - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 12:17 am

Eileen wrote:
I don't want some wierdo on a Kangaroo for my avatar. lol I will try again, but am warn out from this last trial of my computer savvy. I need a nap. Later

Darn, that's just the avatar I was going to post for you Laughing

BEECH:
Rubber bands.....hmmm...maybe you should plant 'spring' veggies in that garden bed.
bounce
The man who owned this property just before us was big on composting oyster shells and fish restaurant leftovers all over the place here. We still find oyster shells in our barn lot, yard, garden area, etc. Since we are 300 miles from the ocean, it seems strange to find them. We are terrible gardeners and have the biggest and most healthy weeds in it you ever saw from all the great compost. Rolling Eyes

I had a nice riding lesson today. Ivan was a good boy. We worked on walk, trot, stop, back transitions. Lori has decided I am going to make a better showing at the next horse show in late May. No more colorful matching outfits, I have to go buy a black polo shirt and use a white saddle pad......kinda boring. Sleep
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Appy

Appy

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   April 2012 - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 4:21 am

Ark, that particular foal would have greyed out. You can see it starting around the eyes. Grey and LP (ap gene) tend to interact, producing really WILD colored foals that loose all their color to grey in just two to three years.

AP
Back to top Go down
Eileen

Eileen

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   April 2012 - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 9:40 am

Hi Rick, yes I do remember you and Snoop as well, it seems that you two are still not below giving the old pot a stir now and then. You thoughts on the "Babe" avatars theat you so generously forwarded to Ark is a grand idea...yes by all means "babe" beats "weirdo/kangaroo" any day. In the mean time I will endeavor to study and work on the downsizing my pics so that they fit in the tiny little postage sized avatar square. lol
I may have to run to the library to get this done, I do seem to get things done easier while there. Later guys.
Back to top Go down
TallyPam

TallyPam

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   April 2012 - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 10:41 am

Good Morning Foops...Still sitting on the couch waiting for this nasty stomach bug to leave me....inherited it from someone at work, seems there are three of us out with it. Poor Chris (boss).
It is so great seeing some of the lost foops returning! While I sometimes don't post as often as I should I alway lurk to make sure all of our foops are doing alright. When you think of it we've been thru so much together, loving the good times, praying thru the tough times, and hanging thru to less than perfect times. Love you all!

ARK...you will do better dressed more in the traditional dress. Judges like it. I prefer some prettier colors than the tan, black, white stuff but I suffer thru it to make them all happy. Now if you want color go do speed classes...they are all about bright colors and loads of bling........
Back to top Go down
sunny 57

sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   April 2012 - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 11:39 am

right now I am running Kent all over the place tryingto get things set for his getting a primary care doctor for the medical insurance while he is waiting for S.S.I to start or dissability to start whichever one he gets it all takes time, government paperwork takes up to 45 days to go through wish him luck that it goes through and he can get proper care for his physical problems
Back to top Go down
Carol W

Carol W

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   April 2012 - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 11:51 am

Sunny ... not sure if you are talking about SS Disability or not, but if you are and if Kent is not 65 .... he won't qualify for Medicare right away. So, getting approved for disability won't automatically get him insurance. With disability there is a wait time and I think that is because some folks become disabled for a length of time, but then get better and go back to work. I can't remember how long it was but I think it was 18 months. During that time I had to keep paying the huge premiums on my insurance. Hope this isn't the case for him, but check on it for peace of mind.
Back to top Go down
sunny 57

sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   April 2012 - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 5:20 pm

that is why he has applications in for both dissability and S.S.I at there request as the doctor has said that his liver and spleen may not be able to heal and the prospect for him to recover to the point that he can go back to work is nominal at best they need to do a liver biopsy to determine the extent of the damage, now when I got my S.S.I, thet told me that because my work history did not give me enough over the years to get dissability that is why I have medicade not medicare and that is what Kent will get eventualy he has been un-employed for 2 years unable to find work and then he got so sick so he will get medicade until he reaches 65 then we will both be switched over to medicare.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   April 2012 - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 10:30 pm

Evening all!

SUNNY:
I hope Kent's situation gets all fixed up soon. It must be really hard to be sick and out of work and worried...((((Kent))))..

TP:
Yep, I am going to have to give up colorful duds if I want to try for a ribbon. I didn't really expect one at that show a couple of weeks ago, but will try harder at the next one. A little color would do those classes some good! Laughing

CAROL:
When will you be traveling back home? That must be coming up soon. How is Midge doing lately? I am so impressed that you ride with your little oxygen tank, it is very inspiring. April 2012 - Page 2 4175501327

EILEEN:
Did you winter over in FL this year? My friend is getting ready to come back from there this week. I think she'd rather stay down there, though.

RICK:
So where is your Carol going to this summer? She must have a vacation planned..Are you going?

Today the horses got their second round of shots....ching, ching....Then Cactus Jack got his teeth floated for the first time. I just realized today that Cactus is 15 years old! I don't know where the time went. His teeth weren't real bad, but are pretty good now. Anyway, we are pretty much caught up on vet stuff for the herd for awhile. I hope. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   April 2012 - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 2:17 am

ARK...We are leaving on May 8th for two weeks in WALES and "a little bit" of England. 2013 or 2014, we are slated to go back to the UK with Miss Laurie & Jesse for our "official genealogy" trip. She/we like to plan ahead. ALSO...Carol is making serious noise about "retirement" in 2013 after 30 years at Brenners Childrens Hospital (aka Wake Forest Baptist University Medical Center)

Hope I got the "large" print...

Love to all...Rick & Snoop Wink Wink Wink
Back to top Go down
Carol W

Carol W

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   April 2012 - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 10:37 am

Well Ark ... you missed it .... I have been home since March 25. LOLOL you didn't miss anything really .. it is just a tedious long drive. hahahahaha

Now that I am home, all the really warm weather left here. So, it is OK with temps in 50s and low 60s ... but it had been in the 70s and up even. LOLOL Oh well, it was really odd weather.

Sunny ... glad you and Kent have it covered. It is so scary to be sick, without a job and very little money to work with. Been there, got the t shirt. ((( )))
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   April 2012 - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 11:54 am

Hey Carol, welcoe back home! I didn't know you made it back either! Too bad the temps cooled off tho...its been crazy weather here also, up down up down...lots of wind too.

I don't know if I told ya's already or not, CRS...but the sherrif came by yesterday and saw how high the flames were from my porch for me to see them. The fire marshall and the sheriff picked up Mr. Hall and the Deputy Pickering on his day off (LOL) and made them both go listen to the fire marshall for a few hours of class time about burning fires, the dangers, how far a fire can jump....etc....I opted for the stupid neighbor to do that rather than be fined...I know money is tough all over for everyone...and the class isn't costing him anything but time....I'm probably being too nice, but he isn't to burn again anywhere on his property unless he lets me know first! and has a burn permit. I hope he takes into consideration I could have gone the fine of $500 instead and appreciates the fact. So there was action taken...and I hope that is the end of it.

Anyhoo...dental appt was horrible...and part of my filling fell out last night...so now I need to go back and do it all over AGAIN on at least one of the teeth..geesh....and now its sensitive to Cold! oh well...I had to get the other one done 3 times before it was right..so....whatever..take it in stride..

Ice on my tubs this morning...that's twice now since I took the heaters out...and frost all over....wow...crazy weahter!

Those poor folks in Texas must still be quaking in their boots..my gosh, what scare! and destruction!

Well, everyone have a grat day! I'm packing somemore...I will have it done before I go without a lot of rushing around! I keep telling myself THAT! cyclops
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   April 2012 - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 11:55 am

Pam, I hope you feel better real soon! Your grandsons are getting so big and handsome!
Back to top Go down
Eileen

Eileen

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   April 2012 - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 12:55 pm

Ark, yes I wintered in the same spot in Florida this year. It has been a very unusually hot winter down here and dry, right now there is a very large wild fire, apparantly contained what ever the hell that means if there is 500 acres of it burning now and over 1000 acres involved in the whole thing..???? One good thing is though, it is in area that is mostly unpopulated. The wind has picked up and blowing East which is in Napes favour. It is supposed to rain tomorrow, got my fingers crossed for that one.
Rick...good to see that you are getting out there and traveling. It is always nice to do some digging into the past of our ancestors...be careful of what you did up though lol
Since I am at the library, I will try to post a pic for my avatar wish me luck I may need it.
Back to top Go down
Eileen

Eileen

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   April 2012 - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 12:57 pm

Very Happy I just now noticed my avatar, You do good work Ark thanks.
Back to top Go down
sunny 57

sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   April 2012 - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 1:30 pm

Eileen, when are you heading north,, are you comming my way, just curious, hope your trip home is a safe one and hope to see you either on your way home or next winter
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   April 2012 - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 1:45 pm

EILEEN:
You don't have to keep that avatar Laughing. I personally like the ones posted by each individual much better, but have had fun sticking some goofy ones on folks until they come up with one themselves. There are dozens of avatars to choose from, just visit your profile and click on the 'show gallery' option at the bottom.

It is raining here today, sometimes hard, mostly drizzle. I am soaked to the bone, but the barn is clean. Hopefully the rain will reach Naples tomorrow. I hate to hear about fires.

CAROL:
Our wonderful weather is gone, too. Unfortunately our best apple tree is in full bloom and it will be below freezing at night this coming week. That tree has the best tasting apples, I hope we don't lose the entire crop. It puts out edible apples for nearly three months, the horses love them and we eat a bunch of them, too. They taste like a slightly sweeter version of Granny Smith apples. April 2012 - Page 2 2927775184

Nope, I didn't know you were home! Glad the long trip is over. It was virtually painless for me! Laughing I guess you traveled while Foopville was down.

RICK:
I love Wales! I could easily live there. We drove around the entire coastline, then down the center of the country on the way back. We had the best time, loved the castles and the people were so friendly. We will expect a full report of your trip, of course! Very Happy Congrats to Carol on 30 years at the same job! April 2012 - Page 2 3032884798

CB:
You probably aren't going to be popular with that neighbor, but I think you did the right thing. I bet he thought he had gotten away with that since the deputy wasn't very forceful towards him. It's much easier to arrest an irate little old lady! Rolling Eyes Sorry about your tooth. ouch rabbit

TALLYPAM:
Feeling better yet? I saw your photo of Gwen on your album! Very pretty!!! April 2012 - Page 2 3032884798 More pix, please......

SUNNY:
I saw your album, too! You look wonderful on that palomino!! April 2012 - Page 2 4175501327 April 2012 - Page 2 4175501327 Maybe you could do things like that now and then and get your horsey fix in.....I liked the second photo, too. Nice wrist watch Smile beside that gorgeous stallion.....That is Areion's sire in case anyone wonders who that stallion is.

Here is another photo taken that day that we saw Areion's papa:

April 2012 - Page 2 Speckfanclubmx4
Stallion owner, Brenda, Buhunero 1, Donnie. TallyPam, Ark, Sunny (hiding behind Laughing ), FelineKid, Sunny's sister, TP's fellow, Richard.
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   April 2012 - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 5:21 pm

[size=18]EILEEN...Back in 1973/74, I had an aunt who presented to the Angell family an 84 page book on our family history. This book was the culmination of over 25 years of compiling information and traced the lineage back through 3 generations in England to 1501...my 12th GGF. I got the 'bright idea Idea Idea Idea ' that I wanted to locate and go visit each of the burial sites and make a photo or three. IF I can NOT identify the actual 3 x 6 plot, I'll be content knowing that Great Granddad #xx is in a particular cemetery. As might be expected, the farther back you go...the harder it is to develop that kind of information (Burial site). I am by no means trying to re-write Aunt Pearl's book, but I am kinda/sorta re-researching things hoping to find a crumb nugget of information that she might have NOT included in her book. Lets just say that it has been a 'fascinating exercise in futility'and I really, REALLY appreciate her work. She was also pretty darn accurate, too...I've only uncovered minor errors which could have been typographical.

My 12th GGF...John Angel(l) was purportedly the chaplain to Queen Mary 1...aka "Bloody Mary" who was NOT a very nice gal. (Google up her name and you'll learn why) Chaplain John was obviously Catholic. Back in those days, the Catholic clergy could/did marry and have families. John had a son named 'John' who purportedly was a "famous Protestant lecturer and did much to restore the Protestant faith after Queen Mary died". To help SNOOP and me keep these names straight in our collective 3 cells of brain, we designate them as John 1 and John 2 and John 3 who was John 2's grandson that made the transition from England to America.

Shall I continue...??

ARK..."My plans" are to take my laptop along and do a travelogue as we go along. Carol kinda/sorta did that last fall when she went to South Africa. If you go back to 2010, you might find the type of story/blog I want to do...except do it as we go along instead of waiting. I just hop I don't have to try to pronounce some of the words. Shocked

Later...Rick & Snoop
Back to top Go down
Eileen

Eileen

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   April 2012 - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 5:29 pm

Sunny , No, sorry, I find it neary impossible to stop in for a short visit on my way home this year. I am on more or less a shedule this year because of my extra passenger, "Tug" is new with the travel being only 4 months old and not quite aquainted with the protacol of potty stops, intregrated with fuel stops etc. I will try to keep in mind that he is new at this sort of thing. I think that I have the truck packed and arranged good for him and his needs. Nightly stops are also carefully thought out with doggy needs. I will certianly try to stop off on my way down next fall if you are still in the area.
Ark, thank for the temporary avatar, it does sort of resemble me in a way...I think that I do have a hat like that thought...lol
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   April 2012 - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 10:17 pm

So, EILEEN...when are you leaving out? Please have a safe journey and check back here often.

SNOOP wants to know if you need a co-plopit? He's good about plopping down in the seat and jabbering all-day-long

Love to all...Rick
Back to top Go down
Eileen

Eileen

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   April 2012 - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 12:30 pm

Rick, if all goes as planned (whe[justify]n does that ever happen) I will leave here this comming Monday. I have two for sure overnight stops planned. So again if all goes well I should be home late Wed night, however if things are not going like clock work, I can stop somewhere in Ohio perhaps and make it a short day Thursday for the final phase of the trip.
We finally got a couple of short down pours here, we need rain desparately, but are thankful for any and all little drips.
Back to top Go down
sunny 57

sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   April 2012 - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 3:17 pm

Ark, I have tried all that you suggested and I still can't get the letter size to change I think it is my computer, it is frustrating, but I will keep on trying because I want to make letters bigger and change up the colors
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   April 2012 - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 12:13 am

SNOOP here...I'm in L-O-V-E with the picture of the hot blonde babe with the pony tails I love you I love you I love you Please tell me when I can meet her Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   April 2012 - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 12:16 am

I'll be leaving early in the morning for work, and then going on to be with Ohio cousins for the rest of the weekend. So, I wish you all a very Happy Easter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   April 2012 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

April 2012
Page 2 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next