Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

April 2012

Go down 
+14
TallyPam
Appy
Beech
Eileen
Carol W
Santa
BarTGila
Rick Angell
Indyapp
Ellen E
Manygatess
sunny 57
cb
Ark
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
cb

April 2012 - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: April 2012   April 2012 - Page 11 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 1:19 am

Man, this baby ran circles around her Mom tonight...I had my front door open and could watch her rip and tear around...full gallop...lil sh*t! She ran up to her Mom and kicked her 3 times...yes she did! Mom just pushed back into her until the baby lost her balance and toppled down! but she was right back up and off again! with Mom chasing her down to keep her out of trouble! I have never seen a foal this young rip around like she did tonight! Agile lil girl! she even did one sliding stop! LOL...I guess its good for them to stretch those legs...must have felt good to her! Mom got to screamin at her tho...she was not happy about it!
Entertaining to say the least! I just hope she doesn't get herself hurt not being able to stop in time and hit the fence! I's a worrywort!
Now if Pinky would have these pups I'd be ever so grateful!

Nighty nite!
Back to top Go down
Appy

Appy

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   April 2012 - Page 11 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 3:09 am

CB somewhere around memorial day. Will take another week off early/mid may, but not travelling. Could say hi if yo pass by close enough. Yepper them plans are set in wet jello!

AP
Back to top Go down
BarTGila

BarTGila

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   April 2012 - Page 11 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 9:38 am

We are back to rain here again and I find one of the roof vents by the washer and dryer is leaking. Oh such fun. Gotta call a roof man today. It is always something.

Might get a few flowers to put in pots today on my journeys. That is all I am up for this year. Can't get down to weed the flower beds. My brother did a bit of them Sunday when he was here to cut the lawn.

Those foals can really rip around. I use to hold my breath sometimes hoping they could stop. Always seemed to be able to. Never had one get hurt that way. I got kicked twice by little ones though. Layla got me good in the knee, not on purpose and one of Karens got me good in the hip. I swear that little sucker did it with full intent.
Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   April 2012 - Page 11 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 9:49 am

I luv babies.

CB I sent you a private message since I couldn't locate your e-mail addy.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   April 2012 - Page 11 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 10:17 am

INDY, I am having trouble opening any pm's above...havn't been able to do that since moving here...to this site...and I'm not smart enuf to figure it out...how about sending it to my email ....cbbellecowgirl@gmail.com
thanks!

APPY:will be here, gson has a rodeo on Friday, Saturday if not working, and Sunday is graduation, and Monday is his graduation party...and I want to try and be out here right after that! Let me know when you are coming thru, the only thing I couldn't get away from is graduation! Kyle got a job so some of his rodeos he won't be able to make due to job...but that is just FINE with grandma! I'd rather see him at work! than in a hospital! Keep me posted on your plans, K, would love to visit with ya!

Still no puppies...getting a vet appt as soon as they open to get a most valued someone other than me opinion! then we will go from there...about the c section...she seems very uncomfortable and restless all night long...poor Pinky.

Cloudy and cooler this morning when I fed, guess that cold front is moving in already...

Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   April 2012 - Page 11 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 2:51 pm

All I can say is wow..............thought you all might like it.

http://www.nzwide.com/swanlake.htm
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   April 2012 - Page 11 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 8:48 pm

Well, Pinky had to have a c section...she had 3 puppies and we are all tuckered out. It was touch and go with her for awhile....she was at the vets all day long we just got home, and I have to get goin' and get my evening chores done and then I'm having an early night! Will send a picture to Flessa tomorrow...just going to let her relax for now.

Visited Shorty today for a short time also. Took her some jello salad and some pears and peaches...I try to take different things each time I go...she was up and talking for a good 20 minutes or so...but she gets tired really fast.

Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   April 2012 - Page 11 EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 12:21 am

GRAYMARE:
Wow, that video is beautiful! What strength, too!

KATHI:
Both our foals ran into the fences. Areion still has a little lump under her jaw where she hit the fence. The vet says it will never go away, but it doesn't look too bad. Those babies can sure run fast and I wonder how well they see when they are so young.
Sorry about your rain again. Does it ever get dry at your place?

CB:
Congrats on the new babies! What colors and sexes? Sending your pix to FLESSA and having her post them to an album works really well. I can snag any photo out of an album to make into a logo photo.

It's wonderful you can visit Shorty and take her goodies. I know she greatly appreciates you.....

ELLEN:
I thought we'd blow away yesterday. It was awful. Today was really nice by comparison, hardly any wind at all.

Lori came and we had a different kind of Ivan lesson today. And how was Ivan today? Wonderful. No strange horses around. We took him away from Daisy and the herd, down the hill and across the creek and had our lesson there. He never took a wrong step. I rode him across the creek alone and he didn't act freaked out about being away from his girls. We were down there over an hour and he never got pushy about going back to the barn. Of course, I did tell him that he had a lot to make up for after last Saturday's performance.....
Rolling Eyes I do believe I have a horse with a split personality. When he is good, he is really, really good. When he is bad, he is terrible. Today he was good. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   April 2012 - Page 11 EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 7:14 am

CB: Congrats on the new pups. Good thing you took her to the vet and had a C section done. Hope your grandson ha a safe rodeo season this year with no trips to the ER.

.ARK: I had a horse like Ivan, Cedar, he always a challenge, one day super, the next day a fool. He had been hauled everywhere and did everything. He was Dr Jeckle and Mr Hyde...horses like that can drive ya nuts. I can certainly understand your frustration at his actions. Ivan is young, hopefully with more experience he will out grow it.

ELLEN: I have thought about getting a wireless keyboard, but Sassy's unexpected operation put the kabosh on buying anything extra right now. The things we do for our furry kids.. So I'll plug away on here. I am getting better at it, it's a slow process for me. LOL

On our local news the other day 4 bears came out of the woods and scared the pants off the of the weatherman (Kurt Aaron) who was standing there ready to give the weather. LOL It even made the national news.

Back to top Go down
BarTGila

BarTGila

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   April 2012 - Page 11 EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 9:47 am

Manygates I saw that on news. Got him moving.

Ark it rains here all the time. In the summer we may have a month that has no rain in it. Usually Aug. I lost tomato plants on the 3 if July the second year we were here. It is not quite as bad as Seattle but very close. The rain forest is not to far away either. But on the up side it is always green. The grass and the forest stay green year round. I grew up in Portland so I am very use to it.

Good to see CB has puppies. Glad all went well. Our Baby dog is 13 and old for a huge dog. He is starting to have trouble getting up and down. He is on G & C but I think it is time for something for the pain so we have a vet appointment in our future. One thing about not having a horse anymore, other than the fact that I actually have money now, is I have to take the dog to his vet. The horse vets always came to me.
Back to top Go down
sunny 57

sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   April 2012 - Page 11 EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 12:06 pm

well things just went from bad to worse, the park has given us until the 15th of May to pay up our condo fees or they will turn it over to the lawyers to start the procedings on taking this place away from us if it goes to the lawyer what once was 500 dollars becomes over 1,000 dollars, righrt now we don't have any money comming in other than my S.S.I and it does not cover it, it looks like they are going to turnhim down this time and he is going to have to get a lawyer for the second try, but in the meantime there is no money and no more help from the government for any help on money, we have been on the phone, on the computer and anywhere else we can to get some money comming in, plus the taxes didn't get paid and not sure how long we can extend it and even though Kent is not well enough to but he says he is going to start looking for work again, he hass been trying for two years to find work with no success and even if he finds something else other than what he does he is still to sick and weak to work, his body is still losing weight and he has lost a lot of his muscle, I have been trying to find a travel trailer that my truck can pull but with no money it is hard, at this point I have run out of all options and don't know what to do, his family won't help him and my family would but they don't have the means to help, I am at wits end, and am afraid, once again sorry for venting I know that no matter how bad we are there are people in worse shape than us and I am grateful for what I do have
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   April 2012 - Page 11 EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 12:57 pm

Dang Sunny, are you formulating any plans. I have my weekender horsetrailer you guys can stay in if you can get to Texas...Can Kent even drive very far at a time tho? Can you stay with daughter or is her house filled to the max? Give me a call...two heads together may be able to figure out something...anyone out there have any ideas? I know she could use some help right now.

Pinky is doing better, she is eating and drinking pretty good, but will get some fluids today to keep her hydration level up..the lil white pup I was worried about, I got up and heated the milk and tried to pick her up and realized she was latched so tightly onto a titty...she wouldn't let go...so I just left her attached to it! I did give her some nutrical this morning and put her back in with Mom and she latched on again, so I think her sucking reflex is up to par now with the other two...you could hear her latch on and start slurpin! Funny but heartwarming! I'll still supplement a feeding or two a day...she is tiny, and still not out of the woods...

Back to top Go down
sunny 57

sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   April 2012 - Page 11 EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 5:53 pm

believe me staying at my daughter's is not an option at this time, are still looking into all possibillities but slow going, Kent is getting frustrated and has never been in this position before and I am doing as much as I can Jodi is comming over tonight and we are going on line looking for anything we can find. I will keep you up on how it goes,
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   April 2012 - Page 11 EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 9:37 pm

Pinkys' lil pup is going down hill again..I really think she is just too tiny, but we are sure trying to feed her and keep her going between Pinky and myself, but if there is something not developed she probably will not make it...it is sad to think about it!

Sunny keep me updated, call or whatever...I'm here....

Rain rain go away...gosh...muck city again...I had to feed Charmin in the barn as she and baby wwere standing out in the downpour, and baby rolled in the straw as soon as she went into it...she is cute and feisty.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   April 2012 - Page 11 EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 12:17 am

SUNNY:
I am not sure about this, but I think it may take a fair amount of time to toss you out of your condo, there has been some bad publicity about that happening and it seems folks are staying longer now when in provable bad straits. I hope you can find some help very soon. ((((((Dawn))))))

CB:
I hope the puppy gets stronger. I hate watching little animals fade away like that.

KATHI:
It must be raining all over the country today. It poured here. It is good for our pasture grass IF it doesn't keep raining and we don't get any dry weather to put the hay up. Our fields are getting tall already.
Wow, Baby is certainly doing well at his age! I hope they find a good pain reliever for him.

I drove 35 miles thru torrential rain to get to a lunch date with my friend who spent the winter in Florida today. She came back a few weeks ago. Driving on the interstate in rain is right up there with my least favorite activities. I did have a nice lunch, though. Driving home wasn't so bad, it had stopped raining and the sun was actually shining. Then I got home and another thunderstorm rolled through. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   April 2012 - Page 11 EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 1:43 am

Company's coming tomorrow...Mz. Carol sleeps during the day...I been quiet as xxxxx?? doing housework today and will do some more tomorrow. At least "part" of the house will be clean shrug shrug shrug

SNOOP...learning how to run things like vacuum cleaner, washer, dryer, dishwasher, and the dreaded dust rag confused confused confused
Back to top Go down
sunny 57

sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   April 2012 - Page 11 EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 2:10 am

Ark, Kent ownes his trailer and the lot it sits on does not owe anything we have to pay condo fees to cover the costs of the park like the water, sewer, trash, them mowing the lawns and the upkeep on the pools, clubhouse, and all the other perks of this place, so I realy don't understand why they take your house away from you they could at least work something out with you to let you pay on a month to month basis but they don't, it is $ 445 dollars every quarter, if you are late it is $ 25 dollars late fee plus intrest, it is like this all over the state, and if it goes to the lawyer it will cost us over 1,000 dollars plus what is owed and lawyer fees, that is why we are scared, they won't work with us even knowing the circumstances, they don't care and even though Kent's brother is also on the title he won't help him out, don't know why, we can't even get a lawyer to help no money, all we can do is hope something comes through for us soon
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   April 2012 - Page 11 EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 5:54 pm

Suspect Suspect Suspect Ifn it taint clean enough...that's just rake rake rake

Snoop..ready for a Sleep Sleep Sleep
Back to top Go down
flessasgold

flessasgold

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   April 2012 - Page 11 EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 6:06 pm

Me too, SNOOP. Mowed the front yard and am all tuckered out. The shower felt real good too. Sleep Sleep
Back to top Go down
flessasgold

flessasgold

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   April 2012 - Page 11 EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 6:41 pm

its a good thing i like puzzles and mysteries because i have a doozy to figure out tomorrow when i go into work.

wish i could afford to retire...
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   April 2012 - Page 11 EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 2:10 am

Flessa, whats happenin' at work? a real live mystery, eh? I will send ya a pic of the pups soon, but there is no hurry to post it...at your time/convenience always. I really appreciate the help tho!

Hubby and I went to grocery store, and to the local leather repair/saddle maker place to get some work done, we have to go back tomorrow as the guy works a regular job also...and we took some bean soup and yougurt to Lyn and Larrys...then we boogied to the local horse sale about an hour away...finally having them again. Bought a couple small things and watched some of the horses being sold, and it was sad, but the meat buyer was sitting right next to us...that was a downer for me....I know there is a reason for him, but why the heck did he sit next to me! Crying or Very sad

Pinky just finished off a piece of toast with over easy egg and chopped ham...for some reason she is not eating her regular food at all...and the clincher here is I have to feed her off a spoon for her to eat it! Wink guess you could say she has me wrapped around her little paw! Lil pup is still with us, and I think I actually see a bit of filling out tongiht...I've seen her nursing quite a lot...but I think she gets tired fast and falls asleep so I nudge her awake so she'll take a few more sips...the whelping box is right by my bed so I can keep an eye on things.

Well, thats it for today....Rick, you can now come clean my house any ol' time you want to! Enjoy your company!
Back to top Go down
flessasgold

flessasgold

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   April 2012 - Page 11 EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 5:35 am

My new trainee was alone Thurs and Fri. Today I get to figure out what she did/didnt do right.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   April 2012 - Page 11 EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 11:11 am

Well drat. I get three days off and it's raining and cold today. I need to do some serious weed killing. Not gonna happen today.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   April 2012 - Page 11 EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 2:34 pm

ELLEN:
Icky, rainy, cold and dreary day here today. I had Kazi and ponies in the arena while we ran off for breakfast and it started raining before we got back. Kazi was shivering in the 47 degree rain, so she is back in her stall for the day. No one else was shivering, but she has shedded completely out and is fairly thin, for her, so she got cold. I was supposed to take Ivan for a trailride after lunch, but that got canceled until tomorrow. Hopefully.

RICK:
Who is your company? Remember Mary Sue from the Sparta, NC area that went to the horse show with us years ago? She came up for a visit yesterday and was here all afternoon. She looks as good as ever, the rat! Laughing She still has Arkady's half sister, Mystique, who is now about 15 years old and a fleabitten grey. Mary Sue never rides, though. It was great seeing her. She got to meet my horses and see Ivan's mounting trick. She liked it! Very Happy

FLESSA:
Did you get the mystery figured out? And the plumbing problems? We still have our leak going down to the barn. We've got to fix that sooner or later.... Rolling Eyes No mowing or weed spraying for us today, either.

CB:
I am so glad to hear that the puppy is still with us! wavy I don't know how you stand to go to those auctions. I couldn't do it. I'd want to punch out the meat buyer. Might get me in trouble....

CAROL:
Butter didn't melt in Ivan's mouth all week. I think he must have felt my "let's sell him" vibes last Saturday. Laughing He was great all week. If the rain stops, I will try to ride him today and hopefully go to a trail ride tomorrow with a Morab and a TB. He knows the TB, Noble, but not the Morab mare, Amanda, who came last Saturday here and was very good. Yesterday Ivan seemed to work hard to show off to Mary Sue, who seemed to think Ivan was a genius horse. Laughing Not having strange horses here made him a much better guy to be around.

No grits for us this morning Sad Bojangles sold out and didn't set us any back like they usually do.

Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   April 2012 - Page 11 EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 5:36 pm

Razz Laughing ARK, I don't really classify that as a hardship!
ewwwww...grits....

Ivan just needs more visitor at home I'm thinking...get him over being so territorial of his residence! good luck!

Wow, I sure woke up with a grand daddy of a headache...still have it but its more like an uncle beating a drum inside my pretty thick skull!

Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   April 2012 - Page 11 EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 7:46 pm

ARK...it was my brother and sister-in-law from Ashville. They had a wedding function to attend in Statesville early this afternoon...back here for a "rest"... and then a BBQ to attend this evening on their way back home. Don/Robbie just left about 1/2 hour ago to the BBQ and then on back home after. He and I were up till about 1:30AM this morning just "catching up." Laughing Laughing Laughing

10 days to go....she hasn't set the hour/minute countdown clock yet. She will start packing the suitcase tomorrow Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Love to all....Rick & Snoop cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   April 2012 - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

April 2012
Page 11 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next