Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

March 2015

Go down 
+6
Rick Angell
Beech
Ellen E
Graymare
cb
Ark
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Ark
Admin

March 2015 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: March 2015   March 2015 - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 07, 2015 11:47 pm

The chickens have left the building!!! wavy Now soaking the bathtub in bleach will commence.....

CB
Sounds like you will be having fun this year!! Good! You deserve some fun times. :dance:

GRAYMARE
I bet your party was a blast! I do love potlucks... Drool

Most of our ice and snow is gone. It was the prettiest day we have had in weeks and looks like we may get several more. Donnie trimmed Ivan's front feet this evening and will do the back ones tomorrow. The makers of Easy Boots has a sale on this weekend and I need to get Ivan's hooves measured in millimeters to order him a set of Easy Boot Gloves for trail riding. Ivan was so good about standing for his hoof trims. I remember when I had to bribe him with treats to keep him still. Now he is an old pro at it. Trinket was helpful while we worked on Ivan. She kept coming up and searching me for treats, which I knew I didn't have on me. Turns out she had zeroed in on my mint flavored Chapstick. That pony could be a bloodhound in disguise. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: March 2015   March 2015 - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 08, 2015 7:18 am

Good morning and Happy March. In like a lion out like a lamb, praying that is a true this year has been a killer winter.

ARK: Sorry to hear about your dentist news. There is not much worse than mouth pain. Thank God you had a chance to leave your car and ride home with Donnie and weren't in a ditch in the ice storm.

I've been back to the dentist 3 times in the last 2 weks, had to make another ER trip a couple of weeks ago and one more coming up on the 30th. The young dentist thought I had Shingles in my mouth, so had to make another trip to my "older" dentist, who said it is a cold sore on my gums. WHAT? Shingles or a cold sore in the mouth, who knew??? I never had a cold sore in my life let alone in my mouth. The pharmacy made me a special mouthwash. Magic Mouthwash. WOW it makes my entire mouth numb, just like being at the dentist and getting shots, plus it has an antibiotic in it. $20 for a small bottle of the stuff, but it is worth the cash. Of course, not covered by insurance. Then back for another recheck. Next trip I get an impression and bite wing x-rays...my mouth guard is from 2007 and just doesn't fit well and since I grind the heck outta my teeth at gotta have one. The cold sore is healing but chewing is diffucult.

Last Tuesday I made it home from the dentist and George was coming down the road from his Veteran meeting as the snow/sleet/ice storm arrived. We haven't left the farm much this winter, no reason to be out on the bad roads with the crazy drivers unless necessary.

We are forming a Veteran group at church, had our first breakfast meeting on Feb 28th and there was NO snow until the next day, then we got it again. 11 guys showed up and we were pretty happy with the attendance, next time maybe more guys will show up.

CB: You have the right idea, stay off the roads when the weather is bad. Too many crazy drivers out there thinking they are the worlds best drivers and proving they suck in winter weather. Glad you, Harry & the critters are getting settled in your new place.

GRAYMARE: Your party sounded like a great time.

Last Saturday Ace must have cut the inside of his nose out in the corn field. He started sneezing and couldn't stop, he must have sneezed about 30 times. Finally around 7 PM he calmed down and I got a baby asprin in him and he slept. A big dog sneezing like that is frightening. He looked like a bucking bull, front end off the ground, tossing his head with snot and blood flying everywhere. I skipped the church family dinner and stayed home with him and ate Special K Red Berries cereal while George had a nice filled chicken breast with all the fixings at church.

Always some crazy stuff going on here. Hopefully this week will be filled with sunshine and warmer weather.

There were about 15 deer in our yard this morning, trying to eat the little bit of grass that is peeking out of the snow. They gave my Yucca plants a try but decided they are not good eating. Ace gae them a chase out of the yard.

Stay safe everyone and keep thinking only 12 more days until SPRING...
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: March 2015   March 2015 - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 08, 2015 12:45 pm

We are sewing, talking, enjoying the nice weather, and generally having a good time. The weather at home is improving quickly, so by the time I get there it should be a LOT better than when I left it with snow and 3 degrees.
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: March 2015   March 2015 - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 09, 2015 1:44 am

SNOOP here with the UNVARNISHED TRUTH and photographic proof. This is ARK's rooster after being kept inside...March 2015 - Page 2 10574325_10154604769880058_9137159884915707754_n
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: March 2015   March 2015 - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 09, 2015 9:29 am

Hey, cool. With nothing to do in bad weather ARK gave "acid rock"
feather "doo" to her roosters thinking she might have a really good chance of winning the fair this year. She was saving it for a surprise.
Now all her competition will copy.................... Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: March 2015   March 2015 - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 09, 2015 10:29 am

hysterical That rooster will need a sweater! He looks like he went thru a windstorm backwards... ROFL

I sort of miss my bathroom chickens. I may need a parakeet....The little hen seems to miss her fancy digs. She wants to be a parakeet.

TRUDY
Sorry about your mouth sore. Sounds pretty painful. And poor Ace! Did he get a sticker in his nose? One of my cats, Spooky, got cheat grass in his eye a few years ago. A vet had to remove it as it sticks well and is very abrasive. Spooky recovered okay. I never heard of the stuff until then.

It was 60 glorious degrees yesterday. The mud is trying to dry up. Donnie finished Ivan's feet and we recovered my car. I got on Ivan and rode him around bareback for a few minutes. It didn't kill my hip, but I can sure tell I need to do some stretching exercises.

Today I have to get all the stray doo picked up that ice and snow prevented. It is supposed to rain tomorrow thru Thursday.....sigh....

Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: March 2015   March 2015 - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 7:45 am

Well here it is 5 am and the doxies were sounding the alarm so I woke hubby up and he went out to see......men r so grumpy when u wake them up early Neutral
One of our first time bred does had her baby outside in the rain....baby and mom r now ensconced in the horsetrailer. luckily its not super cold, in the 40s. when one starts they usually all start poppin babies....last year our 2 does had them within minutes of each other, but I have figured out goats do whatever they want when they want so don't count on it. Rolling Eyes

Trudy hope your mouth feels better and ark, hope all goes well....I hate going to the dentist! I'm one tough ol bird, but they just make me shake with fear! quiver in my cowgirl boots!

We were working on unpacking that spare bedroom. another hour it will all be sorted and put into appropiate piles.....I'm getting rid of half of it...less stuff to dust.

Then to finish the bathroom...finishing touches.....and then to the fencing and outside stuff for awhile......keeps us hoppin!

My friend chris is moving to missouri and staying here...she will be here the 21st....
She is coming to iowa with a friend and we pick her up near des moines, and her 3 minis and 2 dogs and 3 goats.

Well have a grand mornin, and enjoy some warmer weather I hope for all.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: March 2015   March 2015 - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 12:04 pm

We finished sewing two reversible fleece jackets - which probably won't be used until next winter. Our next project is going to be to put new covers on some kitchen chairs and maybe on the dining room chairs.
The weather is WONDERFUL! Low 70s, mostly bright and clear. We sat outside and watched the birds eating the seed that she tossed out for them. Later, we were out watching the neighbor girl and her lab partner testing out a trebouchet/catapult that friend's husband built for them. (He has all the tools.) As yet, they have not been successful at getting more than about 20 feet. But it works, so some tweaking of the "ammo" and the weights should help. He was having as much (or more) fun than the kids.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: March 2015   March 2015 - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 1:25 pm

Now that jessi is in her last 3 weeks, I think within her last week, wanna do a baby pool just for fun? doc says baby is looking fine.

I guess march 17th weight 5lbs 8 ounzes and 18 inches long with red hair 1 pm

I kept telling her she was going to have a leperchaun and it was going to come out green and wearing pointy shoes. when jessi visited ireland the folks at the pub wanted to adopt her with her red hair! she definately has an irish temper! I'm sure harper will be just like her! lol
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: March 2015   March 2015 - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 6:19 pm

March 21st. 2:20 AM.  6 pounds 2 ounces. 18 1/2 inches long.

Last edited by Ellen E on Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: March 2015   March 2015 - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 8:56 pm

March 23rd, 11 P, 6 lb 14oz, 19 in..............healthy is all we pray for.
Gonna be FUN, CB!!! CB, you are having all kinds of kids!

TRUDY, one of my friends had an experience sort of like yours. Hers turned to be some silly infection, easily fixed once they figured it out.
She was on antibiotics and soft food and had "treatments"...I'm not sure what they did, some sort of cleaning once a day. I sure hope it's not shingles. I personally haven't heard of it in the mouth but nerves certainly go to the mouth. Another friend had regular shingles along her back and it was so bad it made me go get a shingles shot. She had a bad time. Prayers that they get you pain free, pronto!

Sunny perfect day here today....I'm sure it was/is the same for ELLEN.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: March 2015   March 2015 - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 11:06 pm

Hmmmm.....
I guess Harley will be an early bird. March 15, noon, 6 1/2 pounds. Blond.

ELLEN
Your vacation sounds great! Hope you post some pix...... Very Happy

It was supposed to rain this afternoon, a lot. Flood warnings and the whole nine yards.... I cleaned up the barn and put the horses back in it, so of course, it never rained and I had to clean it again this evening. Rolling Eyes

Oh joy! My new dentist called and they have a cancellation, so back I go to get my teeth cleaned tomorrow morning. It will definitely rain.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: March 2015   March 2015 - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 11:28 pm

It would be pure justice if HARPER gives Jessi he!!...lol. she kept us on our toes from before she arrived.

Trudy and Ark...you r making my mouth hurt...I have to get my cleaning in april and I havnt even called a dentist yet....ouchy....guess I'd better get on the ball.

Tomorrow will be 70! woohoo....

Sweet dreams y'all
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: March 2015   March 2015 - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 11:38 pm

Stay safe ARK! Hmmmmmm. Cancelation. That figures. Well, the dread of the dentist is shattering to ALL............I have never heard anyone say "oh goody, I get to go to the dentist".
affraid affraid affraid
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: March 2015   March 2015 - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 4:39 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CB !!
:dance: :dance:
I hope you are having a fabulous day!! wavy

GRAYMARE
 I am back from the new dentist.  Got my teeth cleaned by a very nice lady who gave me the inside views of the implant dentists around here, and changed my appointment to a different one.  Tomorrow I go back to fix the filling that got me into this whole mess.  Three dentist appointments in one week.....Ewwwwww.  You are right, no one is anxious to go to a dental appointment.....except Bill Murray in 'Little Shop of Horrors'   hysterical .

It's raining.  I have already slipped and fallen in the exceedingly smelly muck in the peacock dome this morning, thankfully BEFORE I took a bath to go to the dentist. Rolling Eyes  Nothing like flopping around in that while trying to regain my feet.....
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: March 2015   March 2015 - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 9:36 pm

Hey CB, HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I was secretly hoping you would get a grand daughter for your special say..........I realize a bit too early, though.
Anyhow, I hope you have had a grand day and a huge batch of chocolate!

It sounds good ARK, that you got a recommend for a better dentist.......hope it goes well. At least you're home safe.

Later gators. God bless.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: March 2015   March 2015 - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 10:38 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CB!!! I hope you have had a really fun day. It would have been fun if a healthy Harper had arrived today.

We did some running around today, nothing very exciting. The weather has been PERFECT.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: March 2015   March 2015 - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 11:55 pm

Thanks for the birthday wishes! not doing anything special, sticking close to home due to goats kidding...just quiet day.

Very nice today, had my doors open all day...75 was our high.

Worked on fencing....gonna take awhile. affraid
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: March 2015   March 2015 - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2015 7:24 am

CB: HAPPY BIRTHDAY a day late girlfriend. :dance:
You are so right about us red heads and the dentist. I once read an article about redheads and their pain tolerance especially at the dentist. We have NONE...I get the works at the dentist just to get my teeth cleaned. Love that laughing gas. LOL

March 25 5 AM 7 pounds 5 ounces.

ARK Hopefully you have a kind and understanding dentist. We have mud too, but I am happy to be muddy instead of snow covered.

GRAYMARE: My mouth is feeling a lot better, I am being careful about what I eat and not chewing on the sore side. I had my Shingle shot in October. My neighbor had Shingles and man was he ever in pain. Pretty sure I just have a cold sore, Dr Julie said my gums didn't have Shingle blisters. WHEW...

ELLEN: Hope you are having a lot of fun out west, by the time you get back home the weather will be warm and the snow will be gone.
Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

PostSubject: Re: March 2015   March 2015 - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2015 10:43 am

Happy Birthday CB, (a little late)

I feel your pain ARK, I hate going to the dentist.

I'm tired of playing grown-up now, I want to go back to being a kid. I would happily give away two horses right now. Anyone want a spotted draft and a TWH that are becoming escape artists? They're not even being subtle, they're just bulling their way through the board fence. Either the nails give or the board breaks. Then they hop over the lower board. Monster is left behind because for some reason (thank God) he won't follow. He woke me up at 3:00 a.m. this morning just a whinnying because the other two were going exploring the neighborhood without him. Evidently they were out a long time because he was worked up into a sweat. Then I couldn't find the other two in the dark. I ended up driving around the neighborhood trying to find them. When I finally did, they calmly wandered up to me, Sophie stuck her head in the bucket to see what I had and then they calmly followed me home at the end of a loose lead rope. Ho hum, out for a nice stroll. Currently they're locked in the barn and if they have to stay there until the weekend, so be it. Aaargghhh I needed to vent. Thanks for listening.
Back to top Go down
sunny 57

sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: March 2015   March 2015 - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2015 10:16 pm

Happy belated birthday wishes C.B I have been on the run the last couple of days my new doctor is trying real hard to get my sugars under control, I really like her she listens to me and talks to me like a friend not like the other Dr. who told me what to do like I was dumb or something we constantly butted heads
It is too hot to fast we hit 90 yesterday and it is getting humid. I think it will be at least late spring before I can even think about moving, my health comes first
Good luck with Chris moving in I hope it works out, is she going to find a place of her own or just stay with you and Harry how is your brother doing
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: March 2015   March 2015 - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2015 10:55 pm

We got a load of hay and also found some more for april and then they will start cutting....we will stock up like we did in idaho for winter months...we will be more prepared. hubby is working on fences and been busy.

Sunny, chris is moving in here for now. down the road she may look for something, but not right away.
My brother is doing great considering he is still smoking.....he has scheduled his auction for april 18th so we will be helping him paint and sort stuff....and I'm taking some stuff down to sell, downsizing junk...

Where does it come from?

indy, they do try our patience sometimes eh?
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: March 2015   March 2015 - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2015 11:28 pm

INDYAPP:
 Having loose horses is one of my biggest fears!  I am glad you found your roamers.  Today I came home and found Trinket outside of the round pen where I had left her.  The round pen is in the arena, I had put the ponies and Kazi in it to keep Areion and Ivan from bugging them when I went off to have my teeth worked on.  Trinket was roaming around in the arena with Ivan and Areion.  The gate was still latched, the others were still inside the round pen.  I can only guess she either walks thru metal panels or rolled under one of them.  The panels are 18 inches high on the bottom rung and Trinket is only 30 inches tall.  I hope she doesn't know how she got outside, but I think she is the smartest equine on the place.  If she does it again, we will know if she remembers how she did it.

I had two fillings put in today, one had fallen out which is what got me into going to the new dentist last week.  My dentist today was so cute!  He is of Japanese ancestry and about 30 or so years old.  He did a very good job of not hurting me.  I told him I was a dental chicken and he said he didn't think I was nervous at all.  I told him there was a lot of clucking going on in my head and he laughed loudly.  He shook my hand when we got done and said I didn't cluck at all Laughing .  Cute fellow.  

Today was really pretty, about 64 degrees and sunny.  I cleaned up the barn and lots after I got back from the dentist.  I am sure it stayed clean for at least 7 minutes after I let the horses back into it. Rolling Eyes   Tomorrow I am having lunch with my friend, M, and we are getting in some shopping therapy. Very Happy

Last edited by Ark on Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: March 2015   March 2015 - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2015 11:54 pm

Ark, I'm glad to hear that your trip to the dentist wasn't as painful as you were anticipating.

CB, sounds like you are going to have a houseful before long.

Trudy, I hope your mouth gets healed up fast.

Indy, I had to chuckle just a little bit about you wanting to turn in your adult card, for the lack of responsibility of a kid. I'm really glad you found them and got them home safe.

Today, we made a Hobby Lobby run to get the foam to redo some outdoor furniture. The Texas sun can ruin outdoor fabric in a HURRY. The old fabric is completely in tatters, so we are making new covers.
I sat out in the sun watching the birds come to the seed that she puts out for them, and tried to take a few pictures of them. Definitely a geezer day. Very Happy I'm sure loving the weather.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: March 2015   March 2015 - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2015 1:41 pm

Oh INDY.........what a pair of Houdini's. As far as the fencing dilemma,
it's the constant of horse ownership ever since open range disappeared. Wish I had a magic wand to send you.

We had fun yest here as we had 6 steers loose in our hood. Faith & I
moseyed em back. She definitely has the "move your a$$" eye for moving cattle. My neighbor has 2 cows and her first born boy upped the # in her herd. She's a city girl with no clue other than she takes good care of them and her goal is to have beef in her freezer. Now he's up to 6 and is not sure what to do next. Really nice gal with a Phd and no cow sense. I gave her a couple of #'s to call to get help. She is loving living in what she calls the "country"........ha, we live in town now. BUT, she is having fun.

ARK, I have no clue about your teeth but they look like a good bunch of choppers. Glad all is repairable!

SUNNY, yes, take good care of your health, and glad you have a new Dr. you really like.

Everyone hava a good day. God bless.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: March 2015   March 2015 - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 12:28 am

Ok where is rick? where is ol man?

Just sorting thru bunches of stuff and hubby working on fence...same ol stuff going on. chris will be here in a week or so....trying to get things sorted to go to auction and stuff to be donated....

Rained most of the day, a light drizzle very good for the pasture to grow..so can't complain. nice temps too....

Jessi is still hangin on..anyone else want to hazard a guess, still time!

Sweet dreams y'all!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: March 2015   March 2015 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

March 2015
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next