Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

October 2015

Go down 
+5
Ellen E
Indyapp
cb
Rose
Ark
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
cb

October 2015 - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: October 2015   October 2015 - Page 7 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 4:50 pm

Just keeping busy here, trying to get things done for h's surgery so I have it easy peasey...uh huh.....lets hope so.. frost frees are in, horse shelter is up, now a chicken pen and indoor doxie run from the porch. this past year used a heat lamp and fans for summer, this winter they can come all the way inside or out as they choose with a covered porch between....I think they will love it!
my floor tiles will have to wait til next year, but that's ok...we r getting there, and as always a work in progress, but as u see animals come before the house! tongue Rolling Eyes Laughing my paneling will have to wait until next year, too, when he is back on feet. I want the inside to be like a rustic look cabin, I think it will look good.....and then of course we rgonna boogie and do some trips whilst warranty is good on car and we have the camper. I posted a pic of our camper on face book, I still don't ikInow how to doit on here, sorry.

Hope all is well in foopland.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: October 2015   October 2015 - Page 7 EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 1:20 pm

We've had a few really weather great days here, and I'm working on building the rest of my deck. Of course, I can't just screw in some joists and lay deck boards on top. Oh no. I have to do something to blend the old part with the new part. Well, how about something like a chevron pattern that will take a full fledged drawn plastic pattern, and lots of very accurate cuts.
Very Happy I guess we'll see how well I do on this.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: October 2015   October 2015 - Page 7 EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 5:21 pm

OK...WHERE DID EVERYONE GO? ELLEN AND I ARE THE ONLY ONES POSTING IN 2 days....ahem....is it my phone? probably.....yikes, I'm this close to throwing against the fireplace stones.....sniff....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: October 2015   October 2015 - Page 7 EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 5:43 pm

This was a very interesting afternoon. My neighbors had invited me to go to lunch as a thank you for taking care of their cats while they were gone to The Old Guard Association reunion in D.C. at the beginning of the month. We had a delicious lunch at one of our favorites places, then back to their house for dessert and for me to see some of the video of their weekend.
These are men who have been guards at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, a very special honor. Those who were in charge of planning their 18th reunion did a FANTASTIC job. They made those guys and their wives feel like royalty through the whole weekend. The men were given shirts and caps with the emblem of TOGA on them. They had a tour of Mount Vernon, a theme of Old Hollywood for a tea for the wives, a formal dinner with violins playing around the room. The music was provided by members of the national military orchestra.
There was a special performance by the drill team units, just for them. At the end of that, the old guys marched too, wearing their shirts and caps. Other than the fact that not a single one of them could still fit in the 30 inch belt that they had be able to buckle to get into to be a Tomb Guard, they hadn't forgotten how to march. Not too bad for a bunch of guys who were mostly in their 60s, 70s, and 80s.
They had received an e-mail telling them where to find the photos taken by a photographer for the event, but had not been successful in locating them. It pleased me a lot that I was able to find them on Facebook for them. They were so happy to have those photos.
Neighbor Ron is 80. He is ever the Marine, standing straight and tall, with the upstanding character that is the epitome of a Marine. I am proud to say I know him.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: October 2015   October 2015 - Page 7 EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 6:35 pm

Been busy, busy. We loaded 224 bales of pretty hay into the barn last night. We are both tired today. The hay is really nice. I have another 100 bales reserved from the guy, so am set until first cutting.

I rode Ivan down to our lower field this afternoon while Lori rode Areion. Areion was really calm the whole time. Ivan was fairly hyper after we left the arena, but I stayed on. I thought he was going to toss me, but he didn't. He calmed down after awhile. He is much better away from home than he is where he can hear his girls calling him from the barn. Getting across the creek when he didn't want to go was all kinds of fun. It did show that I have at least the same amount of control with the hackamore as with the snaffle bit when Ivan goes ballistic. He didn't bolt or anything.

So it was intense, but a good lesson, mostly for Areion. We are going to have to improve the creek crossing. It narrows where we cross and rocks are jagged. We need to make better footing there. Neither horse gave us any problems coming back across the creek. We turned and walked up stream a ways. Areion loved that. She likes getting wet, Ivan not so much.

Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: October 2015   October 2015 - Page 7 EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 6:17 am

Busy busy here too. Too much stuff to do to get ready for winter in PA.

Here is a little up date on Gram (Mary Ellen), she sent me a picture of her looking good (after she had her hair done) and wants everyone to know she is fine and not on her death bed. Thank God. She has lost a lot of weight though but looks good.

Anthony had his major surgery yesterday, they had to put plates in his neck, the damage was worse than they thought. He is still acting like a fool and even his dad is fed up with his actions. What a mess.

I've been sick with a sinus infection, so no going to the hospital for me, with my immune system so screwed up, I can't take a chance on getting something else. I finally gave in and went to the doctor on Tuesday, he gave me a Zpak and I'm starting to feel better, still coughing, but at least I can breathe now and get some sleep.

This weekend is the big Sunday for George & our son Kevin, they are being baptized together at church. Everyone is so excited and we are going out to lunch after to celebrate. God is good.

Off to the garage early this morning to get my car and George's truck inspected and have the snow (yes I said the dreaded word SNOW) tires on the truck.

Have a great weekend everyone
Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

PostSubject: Re: October 2015   October 2015 - Page 7 EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 9:32 am

All $&!! breaking loose at the office keeping me busy. I was so frustrated last night when I got home that I took my anger out on the dead flowers and weeds. I accomplished two things, I was able to put one more flower bed to bed for the winter and I worked off my anger. Hopefully today will be a better day.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: October 2015   October 2015 - Page 7 EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 11:54 pm

From TRUDY:

Can you post this photo so the group can see this photo of Mary Ellen?

Thanks
Trudy

October 2015 - Page 7 WgUBHi
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: October 2015   October 2015 - Page 7 EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 12:05 am

TRUDY:
 That is a very nice photo of Mary Ellen!  I am glad she is doing well after her surgery.  
Congrats to George about Sunday!! wavy I hope your grandson recovers fast so he can go back to his life.

INDYAPP:
 I have lots of weeds you can take your frustration out on....Come on down!!  Laughing   Hope your weeds did the trick and you are a happier person now.... I would be a happier person if you would do in my weeds. Very Happy

I had lunch with a friend, and one of her friends, today at Panera Bread.  It was the first time I have eaten at one of them and the food was really good!  We talked horsey, of course.

Donnie's physical therapy seems to be going well.  They had him riding a stationary bike and doing all sorts of exercises yesterday.  This morning he could barely move, he was so sore, but they say his knees have greater range of motion and he is walking straighter than he has in a couple of years in recent days.  He couldn't stand to be on a bike before, but rode it for a mile yesterday.  If he can get so he can ride a bike that actually goes somewhere, he could ride one on the New River Trail while I rode Ivan or Areion.  That is a rails to trails trail that is nearly flat and has good footing.   It would be really great!  cheers

Very pretty day here today and the last few days.  It got around 70 degrees today with the perfect fall sky.  Our leaves are colorful, although lots of trees have already dropped theirs.   I may mow tomorrow and get rid of the ones in our yard from the Catawba bean trees.  Today was the last warm day for awhile, the temps are dropping tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: October 2015   October 2015 - Page 7 EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 12:45 am

Aha! you guys, it was lonely here.....

I'm at hospital, had exrays of my foot....hope its not broken. what a way to finish off our 44th anniversary...eh?

Sunny is at hospital too, told me she would text me tomorrow....

Glad donnie is doing better!

Have a better weekend y'all.

Back to top Go down
Rose

Rose

PostSubject: Re: October 2015   October 2015 - Page 7 EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 8:34 am

CB what in the world happened to your foot????? Crying or Very sad I will come back and post all the latest, gotta go tend to my petsitting pups right now,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I'll be back!
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: October 2015   October 2015 - Page 7 EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 10:41 am

Thanks TRUDY & ARK, what a great picture of MARY ELLEN. It appears in the photo she is feeling better. Prayers continue for her healing.

CB. Well, gittr fixed Girl. Let us know how SUNNY is.

ARK, glad DONNIE's knee is gaining strength. Enjoy your ride.

ELLEN, keep pounding away and pretty soon it's done.

INDY, hope you can take some horse medicine this week end and drive
Sophie.

Come back soon ROSE.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: October 2015   October 2015 - Page 7 EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 10:49 am

Baby Eli late Thursday afternoon:
October 2015 - Page 7 411780623
Back to top Go down
Rose

Rose

PostSubject: Re: October 2015   October 2015 - Page 7 EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 11:17 am

Okay CB, what is going on with your foot?  I'm concerned here! ARK, Thankful that Donnie's rehab is going well, I'm in rehab for my right knee, haven't seen much improvement yet (5 visits), back to ortho doc on Tues. Thanks so much for the beautiful pic of Mary Ellen, she's sure looking well!  TRUDY, sure seems like Grand is going to stay obnoxious and that's such a shame for a young man with his future ahead.  GM, that Eli is sure developing into a very handsome boy, his momma sure threw a good one.  Guess we have to give the stallion some credit too, huh?  Ya'll will get a laugh from this.  I have what I thought was a very large skin tag in a very sensitive area when donning pants, went to dermatologist to get it removed, not a skin tag, has it's own blood supply and is a growth of some kind so doc wants to remove asap (it's been there, growing for almost 7-8 years) anyway I told him he must give me some "I don't care drugs" cause I'm a huge baby when it comes to cutting of any kind, don't care what he says about, snip, snip, stitch, stitch.  So he writes script for 2, 2 mg, valium.  So all is well, cept I promptly lose the script...........
Back to top Go down
Rose

Rose

PostSubject: Re: October 2015   October 2015 - Page 7 EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 11:25 am

Call office to get another script, the young lady says absolutely not (inferring that I may be drug-seeking).  I informed her that I am 69 yo, retired from 2 federal positions and I don't take or need any drugs on a regular basis, she still says "no" it's against their policy.  I told her no problem, I'll find another doctor.  She calls me back in 30 minutes and tells me to come pick up the script!  Geez! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: October 2015   October 2015 - Page 7 EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 11:44 am

Ellen, tell ur neighbor, thank you for his service from me. all 3 of my brothers, my husband, my 2 daughters, 1 grandson, several neices and nephews all military....its our forefathers that started with keeping us free....thank you.

Rose, at least ur script was for something good, docs office wrote me a short script for my diabetes medicine and when I called I got the same bs!....go figure. I'm drug seeking oral insulin????? good luck with the growth results.

Indy, what happened at work? I have leaves that need raking, come on down any ol time!

GM that's a nice lookin butt! I agree, faith throws some nice nice babies!

Well, mr. odie, my bulldog, jumped on my lap from the side of my recliner, which he oftentimes does...but he hit wrong and I kinda pushed and he went sliding down over my foot rest where my toes were....snap crackle pop.....the lil bones the toes connect to2 r broken and one or 2 toes. I see ortho on monday. ouchy, but will survive to have odie on my lap again. he was so happy to see me! big oaf still thinks he Iis a puppy.
Back to top Go down
Rose

Rose

PostSubject: Re: October 2015   October 2015 - Page 7 EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 11:52 am

Now more for busy, busy, hectic schedule and some good possibilities! As all are aware, Robin has been actively searching for a Haffie, well she has finally found what we think is a winner! A 15 yo reg Haffie mare in (of all places) Spruce Pine, NC. Lots and lots of trails, shows and parades. 14.2hh. Been a broodmare too. I believe Robin (and maybe me) are going to see her tomorrow. I believe this mare will be the one for Robin. Course, ya'll know Robin never does anything half-a$$ed, so she wants a trailer so she can get horses from point A to point B whenever she wants. She's going to look at a trailer around Augusta, GA after her real estate MLS class today. She is going to take money out her 401k to do this, then we will both contribute to reimburse the 401 as quickly as possible. I have PT Tues and Thurs, ortho doc Tues PM, small surgery Wed PM and my petsitting through next Sunday..............I'm already exhausted! Wink
Back to top Go down
Rose

Rose

PostSubject: Re: October 2015   October 2015 - Page 7 EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 12:24 pm

Aw good grief CB, broken toes and little foot bones can be really painful. Bullies are such big durn babies (and "big" is the operative word here). For goodness sake, don't lose a script ifn they give you one!
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: October 2015   October 2015 - Page 7 EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 1:02 pm

I guess everybody is a druggie and we have to prove we're not. Something wrong in this country?

CRAZY.
Back to top Go down
Rose

Rose

PostSubject: Re: October 2015   October 2015 - Page 7 EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 1:21 pm

Exactly GM, I cannot begin to tell you how angry/upset I was, specially since it took me so long to find a dermatologist around here! However, I certainly was not going to be intimidated by this office! Mad
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: October 2015   October 2015 - Page 7 EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 6:07 pm

Trudy, I'm so happy for your husband and son to be baptized. Very special day for all of you.

CB, honestly...you are the most creative person when it comes to various "adventures". I'm sorry aabout your toes. That will be a painful nuisance for the next six weeks.

Rose, I will be waiting to hear if the Haflinger is the right one. It certainly seems that her credentials are good.

Progress on the deck is very slow, but there is progress. This afternoon's rain put a temporary halt on it.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: October 2015   October 2015 - Page 7 EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 6:58 pm

Heck Ellen, I was in my recliner, feet up and pow! .......things just do happen...but I have 6 weeks exactly to get ALL healed as harry is have his knee thing done and I have to hold down the fort while he is down.....
Rose, yes bullies r love bugs and they just don't realize how big they truly are. good luck to robin on the haffie.....
Trudy, how's ur weather? we were going to a corn maze tonight, but not now....orders r to stay off foot.....
Hubby came to walmart and I just rode along to get out....I can be driven to the front door of house...so not on it much.....

Jessi posted pics of family on facebook if anyone wants to see her crew....

Rick??????? ol Man??????? havnt heard from the guys here lately.....hope all is well.

Sunny has to see ortho doc too so ill let her fill yas in when she can get here...but some hums would be nice.

Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: October 2015   October 2015 - Page 7 EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 11:35 pm

CB, I had to laugh as normally a recliner is not high risk. Odie has to be a fun guy...............Rex likes to be a lap dog, too. We only have one old chair where we fit. Anyhow, hope your toes heal quickly. Also, prayers for SUNNY......hope she writes us soon.

TRUDY, I will be thinking of you, George & Kevin tomorrow............blessings for you all.

ROSE, any news on the Haffie?

ARK, did you go on your ride today?
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: October 2015   October 2015 - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2015 11:14 am

LOL, busy week end for folks..................hello?
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: October 2015   October 2015 - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2015 11:19 am

CB
 How are you doing?  I was out looking at recliners as a Christmas gift for Donnie the other day.  Should I worry about recliner chair accidents?? Rolling Eyes    You do find the most unusual ways to get in trouble!  I hope you are feeling okay now.

GRAYMARE
 I am not sure which ride you mean.  Donnie isn't up to a bike ride quite yet if that is what you are talking about.  Also, we need to either fix his 40 year old bike or get him a different one first.  He went to physical therapy this morning, I bet he will be a sore guy this afternoon.  It does seem to be helping.   Besides Donnie, my sister (Vicki), and my oldest friend (M), are all going to physical therapy today for their foot surgery problems.  CB is caught up in a trend....

I did ride Ivan in the arena yesterday.  He is my own form of physical therapy for that tight muscle in my thigh and my hip joint issues.  He is a big fuzzy heating pad that makes me exercise those things Very Happy .   It actually seems to help.

Farrier coming today...  gotta get going and do a million things...
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: October 2015   October 2015 - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2015 2:18 pm

ARK, my day started with the shavings guy coming around 7:30A rather than 10A. Ha, that worked well as I love being first of the day rather than down the line. So, next time I will ask for first delivery of the day was they're on time.
Still catching up on fall chores but now all caught up. WOO HOO!

Yesterday we had a big dinner w family so today we don't have to cook anything
for a couple of days.

Eli is working well. Isaiah is working well. Faith is working well. My sails are at half-mast. Shocked Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: October 2015   October 2015 - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

October 2015
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next