Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

October 2015

Go down 
+5
Ellen E
Indyapp
cb
Rose
Ark
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Graymare

October 2015 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: October 2015   October 2015 - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 1:46 pm

TRUDY, belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Watch with George. Talk about a pilot.
Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=KcuDdPo0WZk

Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: October 2015   October 2015 - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 2:30 pm

Ack, my puny pitiful checking account has been hacked! I've had to close my accounts,open new ones....pain in arse! but I stopped it with one check only...139.00 one tho, ouch. there were others pending which the bank stopped. ouch! wasn't my check number, but my account number. wow....in shock....beware everyone...keep close eye on your accounts. I write 3 cks a month to out of state credit cards..this one was written to local grocery store close by. man. never thought someone would do that to my small amount. sniff snif. I live with my credit cards and debit cards. mannnnnnnnn
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: October 2015   October 2015 - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 4:29 pm

CB, last April somebody got my debit card info and made 4 fast purchases in 4 different stores and tried to do a fifth one but the bank shut it down. The four transactions totaled a little over $300. I got a computerized phone call from the bank asking if I had made those purchases. I immediately called the emergency number on the back of the card and the card was disabled instantly. I couldn't have been more pleased with the way my bank handled everything. Less than 24 hours later, it was over. I had a new card and none of the charges were put on me. The banker said the stores were the ones who lost money.
I still have no idea how the information was obtained from my card. I am very careful to either swipe my card myself, or watch like a hawk if I have to hand it to a clerk to swipe. Hard to do in a restaurant when the server takes the card. The banker said there are LOTS of ways the crooks can get it. I did order some metal sleeves from Amazon in which to put my debit card. Other cards are in one of those Aluma-Wallets.
I hear there are new cards being shipped out that have a chip in them that changes the codes with each use so that it will be harder for the bad guys to use the information. My local grocery store already has the new card reader machines installed but they aren't in use yet.
Back to top Go down
Rose

Rose

PostSubject: Best news!   October 2015 - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 5:43 pm

Essie will be delivered either Sunday or Monday! Just got the word that her Coggins is back!!!!!! cheers Just notified the barn!
Back to top Go down
Rose

Rose

PostSubject: Checking hack   October 2015 - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 6:13 pm

I've been hacked a couple times, but thankfully my bank was wonderful both times. Durn lazy no account folks that always want the easy way to get something! CB, I can only imagine how sweet those poopies are, I don't want to see pics, there's no more room at the inn! LOL! There was one found in the flooding who has since been reunited with his family, thankfully! SYD, that was a totally beautiful and amazing video, that is one brave soul doing the flying! Talented too!
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: October 2015   October 2015 - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 8:58 pm

WOOHOO, Rose! Can't wait to see her with you on her.

Indy, did you go for a drive this evening? It was a gorgeous evening.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: October 2015   October 2015 - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 09, 2015 12:09 am

GRAYMARE  and ELLEN
 Thanks so much for helping out with Flat Stanley!  Vicki just asked today if I remembered to send him out into the world.  I assured her that he had gone to AZ and IN, and was moving on, but I didn't know where.  She and the kids at her grandsons' school will love the pix and Sioux nation trip!  How creative about the pix.  Wish I had thought of that!  Thanks again!

INDYAPP and ROSE
 I love our Brenderup, but it has developed some issues.  It is a '97 model and never been a problem, but now has several places that need repair.  It can be pulled with a car, but it is safer with a larger truck.  We used our Blazer to pull it for 5 years before we bought our truck.  Donnie could repair it, but he just doesn't have the time or energy.  It was made in Europe and assembled in Texas, then shipped to us from the dealer in MD that we bought it from.  Unfortunately, the European company owners pulled out of the US a few years ago, so now it is harder to get parts or repairs.  The Texas assembly plant was closed.  It needs to go to someone who knows how to repair composite materials, like those in a boat or airplane.    I hope we can trade it in with a dealer who can have that done.  

CB
 Sorry about the hacking hassle. No   I wish those guys would put their talents to good things and not stealing.  We had our credit card number stolen once and the bank caught it right away.  They called us and asked if we had had an $8 lunch in South Dakota.   Noooooo....... Rolling Eyes  

I had a very nice lesson on Ivan and Areion today!  Ivan was a bit lazy, but cooperative.  Areion got her lesson from Lori, then I rode her.  We are making a little progress! I was able to turn her at a trot with just a little leg and body language, and no reins!  She is very sensitive.  Ivan is good on one side, but tends to ignor my leg on the other.  We worked on that.  Other than Areion spooking at a falling walnut and landing on my foot while being tacked up, I had a great day!  After being yelled at a little for stomping the foot that feeds her, she didn't spook again.  cheers
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Rose

Rose

PostSubject: OUCH!   October 2015 - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 09, 2015 11:08 am

Oh ARK, stomping toes really is an ouchy! Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: October 2015   October 2015 - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 09, 2015 1:22 pm

ARK, black toe special............ affraid affraid affraid

Donnie will love pulling a gooseneck.....the hook up is directly over the truck axle which makes a really easy balanced ride & drive, plus the ability to back under it makes it simple to turn and reverse in tight spaces. You will get the best deal/price on whatever brand is the most popular in your area. Obviously, the more features, the more $. Brands don't stay popular or in demand if they are not durable and reliable, so you will determine the "brand" in your area by snooping around. Observe and talk to people at your rides etc, obviously not the salesmen.

ROSE, each day is more exciting.........2-3 more days!

Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: October 2015   October 2015 - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 10, 2015 7:20 am

ELLEN: You are 100% correct about the parents not correcting their kids. We warned those 2 about treating Anthony like he was the king of castle, but nooooooo they knew better. Now they are dealing with the monster they created, a 17 year old who thinks he can run the world around him. He is paying the price of thier lenient parenting. Very sad. He tried acting like that out here at Christmas one time, George picked him up by the shirt and put him outside on the porch. Needless to say Pap & Gram just don't put up with acting out.

CB: Our church fasts twice a year, once in the fall and at Easter, 40 days each time. I give up my favorite sweets but not all sweets, I couldn't survive without some sugary treats. My friend had her mail stolen out of her mailbox and the girl who stole it, tried to get money out of her checking account by using the check number on a withdrawal slip, but the bank caught it and didn't give her any money. She was arrested. I had my Chase card hacked and received a call from them. They watch pretty close and knew I wasn't wiring $350 to a Walmart out west. Had to get new cards. GGRRRRRR

ARK: When we changed from a bumper pull to the gooseneck it was wonderful. We had a local trailer manufacture build us what we wanted, not too fancy, just a basic 2 horse straight load with a ramp and a small dressing room/tack room. I loved that trailer, broke my heart to sell it, the girl who bought it was very happy with it also.

ROSE: I know you are excited about getting Essie. It won't be long now until she is home with you.

We are off to the VA Hospital in Lebanon today. Our Purple Heart Chapter is having a bingo for the service men and women in the hospital. We used to buy gifts but now give out canteen books they can use at the hospital.

Have a great weekend everyone.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: October 2015   October 2015 - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 10, 2015 1:27 pm

I'm beginning to dislike my wells fargo bank. there were no other pending checks....it was a five year old check with my idaho address on it that was an electronic debit at a grocery store. it must have been laying around in my house or truck glove compartment loose all these years and some one who had access to house or vehicles found it.....spent the day filing police report and sitting with an officer at the store while they tried to determine which store it was used at...spent hours waiting....still don't know. if they figure it out, I can go to that store with police and look at surveillance cameras....what a process...but I may be able to identify who it was.

Hubby is still working on horse shelter and I'm going thru some boxes, turning small den or third bedroom, no closet tho, into a walkin closet. got some wardrobes and racks to hang things up...so that's what we r doing this foggy morning. there r 2 auctions close by slanted for tommorrow tho..both within 8 miles of us....and one monday, one wednesday, all close. course we have litttle extra moolah, but we pack a lunch and cooler and go drool. they r all estate auctions and sometimes u can buy a whole box of stuff for a dollar...get some real treasures! lol. its something to do.

After we were done yesterday, we met up with harrys boss from AF, RIGHT BEFORE THEY RETIRED, and had an early dinner with him. nice to see him again. I loved his wife, but she passed 9 years ago. they were jessis godparents.

Well, that's all for today folks.....wish me luck in settling this....I just hope ill get my money back. one lousy ck and everything got closed and I now have to get all my payments set up and automatic deposits too.....grrrrrrrr.....
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: October 2015   October 2015 - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 10, 2015 9:25 pm

Psssssssst...where has everyone gone? yoohoooooooo!
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: October 2015   October 2015 - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 10, 2015 10:51 pm

Hi CB. Holy cow!!! New bank maybe? That'd be me. Wow, seems like a hassle.

This morning I worked outside all morning. I'm cleaning out again, filling the truck and taking a lot to the church. I filled 3 boxes last week and friend took it to the hippo therapy/special olympics tack sale. It was all in good condition, I just don't use it so it's gone. I have a big box of canned goods ready for the boy scouts collection usually the 3rd week of October. I have a box ready for the Veteran's truck that comes the 3rd week for clothes. That's kept me busy for about a week.

Horses great as it is cooler now. Eli is easy and compliant. Isaiah is ambling around thinking "ha ha, I don't have to work". LOL We'll get with it when it's cool all day. Faith is so sweet and kicks those boys around when they need it so my job is easy.

Our weather has been great but perhaps some rain next Tue or Wed..........

We went out for pizza yesterday afternoon w friends so guess what we have for dinner tonight? LOL, left over pizza. Yee Hah. Lazy day.

I did some tractor work, got done & got on the lawnmower. I stopped to open the gate and Rex jumped up on the lawnmower. This guy is REALLY fun and funny. He stood on the seat and couldn't figure out how to sit on it so stood like he was king of the hill.

No other news here.....everyone have a great evening. God bless. Prayers for ALL!

Back to top Go down
Rose

Rose

PostSubject: Wahooo   October 2015 - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 11:14 pm

Essie is due into Darlington County tomorrow! Don't know what time exactly. Hopefully by around noon! Will keep ya updated. Very Happy CB, I'd get another bank.................Have ya'll ever tried USAA?
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: October 2015   October 2015 - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 11:35 pm

Friday morning, I babysat with Little Lilah while Mommy went with Little Miss Scarlett on her first school field trip to a pumpkin farm. Came home and found that much of the framing for the remainder of my deck was done. Left to go get my hair cut, then on to Ohio with the cousins for their Pumpkin Show. The epitome of a small town fall festival. The parade had either a fire truck or ambulance from every town within about 15 miles. There were a LOT of them. Walked around a bit, ate a HUGE elephant ear - or part of it, saw a 745 pound pumpkin along side one that was 683 pounds and another that was 543. This morning, Cousin Butch started a campfire in their back yard and we sat there for a LOT of the day enjoying a simply gorgeous fall day. This evening, hamburgers cooked on the fire, potato wedges baked in the oven, baked beans, and orange juice cake for supper before I headed for home.
Good weekend!

Tomorrow, the guy will be back to finish the deck frame. If it isn't finished tomorrow, Tuesday should do it. He's leaving the decking for me to do because I like doing it. Yes. He could probably do it in a couple of hours, and I'll be lucky to get it done in a couple of weeks. My pride will not keep me from calling him back to finish it if it takes me too long.

CB, I'm sorry your bank is giving you such a hard time with the check. I hope they'll get it straightened out in your favor.

Trudy, it always baffles me that so-called adult parents can be so bamboozled by a 2 year old, which is when that stuff usually starts. One of my younger cousins gets totally nuts when her 3 year old won't eat. He is a smart little boy and knows that he can get her going by not eating. What shows that he is doing it on purpose is that he eats anything and everything at the babysitter's. He is not a little tyrant at all. In general he is happy, very well behaved, and cute as a button. He is also well within the correct height and weight range for his age. He just knows that mom is entertaining when he won't eat. Very Happy He also knows that if he eats a bit of this and that he might get a few M&Ms. If he doesn't eat supper and then is upset and hungry a few hours later, he might get graham crackers. (Duh.)

Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: October 2015   October 2015 - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2015 12:09 am

ROSE
Tomorrow!! wavy Can't wait to see you and Essie together! rear

CB
It must be bank problems week. I got a call from the bank we got our hay equipment loan from wondering where their check was. I mailed it 2 1/2 weeks ago. They never got it. I had to call our local bank, cancel the check, call back the loan bank and make a payment over the phone, and pay a total of $55 in bank fees when I mailed the check and someone else lost it. Mad This does not seem quite fair....

We stopped by a horse equipment auction yesterday to look at trailers. It turned out to be a horse AND equipment auction. No decent trailers were there, and some very sad horses, ponies and mules were waiting to be auctioned off in the barn, about 20 or 25. I have decided that before any of my horses go to auction, I will load the gun and shoot them myself. I never want them to go to one of those places, and then to some possibly worse situation. We didn't stay to see them get auctioned. I hope they all got good homes, but doubt that most did. It was very sad. We kind of stumbled into this thinking it was an equipment sale. Last horse auction I was at was in 1971 in KY and I swore I wouldn't go to another. They haven't improved.

TRUDY
The trailer you described is like the one we are looking for. There is a relatively close trailer manufacturer that we are going to check out. It is about 60 miles from here. We got our first horse trailer there, but only kept it a couple of years before selling it and getting the Brenderup. They have been sold a couple of times since then and their trailers seem to have developed a better reputation. We'd like an aluminum skinned, steel framed, 2-horse straight load gooseneck with ramp. We can wish!Very Happy

Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: October 2015   October 2015 - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2015 12:27 am

Oh ROSE. WAY TOO EXCITING!!!

CB, I don't understand your bank not immediately covering your fraud mess.
I understand them changing your acct #'s and new cards, etc. but getting hassled over checking theft makes me confused.

ELLEN, glad you had fun.

ARK, did you go off trailer shopping?

I had a really lazy day today. I did the barn early, then went to church, then over to daughter's for brunch, then home and did nothing but watch football & read the Sunday paper. Fed horses this evening. LOL Great day.

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: October 2015   October 2015 - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2015 9:12 am

About 5 or 6 years ago, I started paying almost all my bills through my bank's website. Literally, it only takes a few seconds and there are no checks to be lost. Most of them are electronic transfers, although two or three of them are checks issued by the bank. Either way, there is an instant record of them being paid. SO FAR, I haven't had a single problem paying things that way. Of course, having said that I've probably jinxed myself and will have trouble with the next one I do. There are no extra charges from my bank to use their bill pay system.
I think most banks have that service, although some might charge for it.

Rose, you must be jumping out of your skin with excitement this morning. You must be almost bouncing. Smile
Back to top Go down
Rose

Rose

PostSubject: Re: October 2015   October 2015 - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2015 9:45 am

bouncy bouncy bouncy bouncy bouncy bouncy bouncy bouncy bouncy I am!
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: October 2015   October 2015 - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2015 11:32 am

YAY ROSE!!! bounce bounce bounce cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: October 2015   October 2015 - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2015 12:10 pm

Money will be back tommorrow, but just can't pinpoint which store it was done at, woods is a chainstore here....pfffft......I'm at a standstill, can't prove who did it at this time, probably never know.
Ark, sorry you had probs too.

Rose, u go girl!

Ellen how's your deck going?

Gm
We need pics of your boys....

Later gators
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: October 2015   October 2015 - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2015 5:37 pm

Neighbors and I went to Sam's Club this afternoon. The guys were still working when I got home. The new steps are coming right along and looking good. They'll have to come back tomorrow to finish up, then it will be up to me.
When it's done, I'll take some pictures.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: October 2015   October 2015 - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2015 8:15 pm

Aha! still don't know how this person got access, but we now have pictures that r being put out there at all police stations of her....store found the video of her checking out butnot real good pictures....but how she got the check remains a deep mystery....it is a felony for forgery and identity theft .....but will we catch her? don't know, but trying

That's my day.....whoot tired whoot.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: October 2015   October 2015 - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2015 9:40 pm

Oh boy CB................hope they get her.

A couple of years ago a college kid ordered camera, & phone and put it on hub's credit card. We're talking dumb. He had it delivered. The bank took care of him as the police just went to his apartment and arrested him. We don't have any idea how he got the #'s.....we're guessing restaurant. Anyhow, we got a new card then with no loss to us, too. Other than the upset, it is kind of funny. A Darwin scholar.

ROSE.........we're dying here...................hurry & check in. affraid
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: October 2015   October 2015 - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 3:48 pm

Rose, did you sleep in the barn last night?

If anybody wants an easy but REALLY GOOD recipe to either eat or freeze to eat later, check this out.
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/sour-cream-noodle-bake0.html

My cousin made it, froze it, and brought it here when she came three weeks ago. She doubled the recipe and three of us wiped it out in two meals. The recipe suggested freezing before baking, but she did it the other way around and it worked just fine.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: October 2015   October 2015 - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 10:36 pm

Sign over a Gynecologist's Office:
"Dr. Jones, at your cervix."

In a Podiatrist's office:
"Time wounds all heels."

On a Septic Tank Truck:
Yesterday's Meals on Wheels

At an Optometrist's Office:
"If you don't see what you're looking for,
you've come to the right place."

On a Plumber's truck:
"We repair what your husband fixed."

On another Plumber's truck:
"Don't sleep with a drip. Call your plumber."

At a Tire Shop in Milwaukee :
"Invite us to your next blowout."

On an Electrician's truck:
"Let us remove your shorts."

In a Non-smoking Area:
"If we see smoke, we will assume you are on fire and take appropriate action."

On a Maternity Room door:
"Push. Push. Push."

At a Car Dealership:
"The best way to get back on your feet -miss a car payment."

Outside a Muffler Shop:
"No appointment necessary. We hear you coming."

In a Veterinarian's waiting room:
"Be back in 5 minutes. Sit! Stay!"

At the Electric Company
"We would be delighted if you send in your payment.
However, if you don't, YOU will be delighted."

In a Restaurant window:
"Don't stand there and be hungry; come on in and get fed up."

In the front yard of a Funeral Home:
"Drive carefully. We'll wait."

CLEVER, CLEVER, CLEVER

At a Propane Filling Station:
"Thank heaven for little grills."

CHICAGO RADIATOR SHOP:
"Best place in town to take a leak."

And the best one for last...

Sign on the back of another Septic Tank Truck: