Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

January 2017

Go down 
+3
Ellen E
Graymare
Manygatess
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Ellen E

January 2017 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: January 2017   January 2017 - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 13, 2017 9:52 pm

I caught her a couple of minutes later. Most of the time I can get her to come right back with the promise of a treat. This morning she decided to be hard headed and wouldn't listen. If she were mine, she would get a lesson with a shock collar. Well, if she were mine, that lesson would happened years ago.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: January 2017   January 2017 - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 13, 2017 10:16 pm

ELLEN.............oh no!!!  I hope all is set and you're resting.  Hmmmm.
Life at our age is a trick, for sure.  Sure is a good thing you could get good care.  Now time..............Rolling Eyes

ARK, keep reading............Smile  Almost done.  Glad your horses were good today.

God bless.  Prayers for ALL.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: January 2017   January 2017 - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 14, 2017 12:46 am

ELLEN:
Oh, no! I am so sorry about your fall and broken wrist! hug hug

Are you right handed? Hopefully so. I hope you have a lot of your stew frozen so you don't have to cook for awhile.

I fell off my deck about 25 years ago and broke my right wrist. It doesn't sound like it was as bad as yours, I didn't get any metal put in it. It was hard, though, because I am right handed and couldn't write very well. This was before I was into computers and such, although Donnie had one. Buttoning my jeans was another big problem... I had a hard cast for 6 weeks. Did you get a hard cast? Itchy...

GRAYMARE:
That was a very funny commercial about the battery operated car! Laughing Someone spent some time and moola on that commercial. Donnie loved it, too. He got to drive a BMW in Germany when he went there for his company a few years ago . He said they were all over the place there. He had fun driving it...but it wasn't battery powered Laughing .

The horses were really good today. Daisy was a pill, though. She was very interested in everything we had laying on or near the arena fence. She managed to find a few pieces of candy in a pocket. A Daisy success. cheers I had to get off of Ivan twice to move things where she couldn't reach them.

I have really enjoyed the little eagle that its parents are raising in south Florida. Someone sure put up a camera in a great place for a good view. The little bird is growing fast. He eats pieces of fresh fish and occasional rabbits.
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: January 2017   January 2017 - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 14, 2017 1:31 am

Yep. Left handed, left broken. Again. When I was 16, I was roller skating and fell. That time it was a cast from my hand all the way up to above my elbow. At this point, I have heavy bandaging. Not sure what will happen in two weeks when I see the orthopedist.
I was in high school, taking bookkeeping, shorthand and typing. In our little school we had one electric typewriter, which I was allowed to use. Because shorthand was created by right handed people, I got almost as fast with my right hand as I was with my left.
I've always done a lot of things right handed, so in a few days when the swelling goes down I should be able to manage pretty well.

I still have a good amount of frozen chicken and noodles, along with enough other frozen food. No danger of starvation.

It's so neat that several people around the country have install nest cameras. Fun to watch.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: January 2017   January 2017 - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 14, 2017 12:16 pm

ELLEN, it's good you are feeling well enough to type.............hopefully
your pain will decrease after a couple of days.

I've also been watching the eagles.......we also have one newscaster that has them on each day.

CB, I meant to ask.  Have you heard from SUNNY?  Does she even still live n FL?  I'm assuming she is fine from her surgery.

ARK, I knew DONNIE would love that Mercedes clip.

We have a big storm over AZ today......snow in the mountains, rain, etc., but only gray & cloudy here, so far.  We are to get rain late in the day around 5-6P.  We'll see.  I have everything storm organized so it doesn't matter about timing.  It looks like the midwest is awful right now.

Everyone have a good day.  God bless.  Prayers for ALL.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: January 2017   January 2017 - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 14, 2017 3:04 pm

GM, sunny is in fl. She had her surgery and almost immediately kent took a turn for worse and she was driving him to appts and overdid ....she is to staRt pt this week. Kent is still in nursing rehab, dont know how it will go.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: January 2017   January 2017 - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 14, 2017 11:54 pm

CB, prayers for SUNNY.......hope her theory goes well.

ELLEN, how was day one?  Hope you don't have too much ain.

Busy day here............
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: January 2017   January 2017 - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 7:30 am

My Nephew Jack passed away yesterday. What a sad day. To top that off we have snow and ice and I can't get back to Pittsburgh for the funeral. So sad...Jack is the brother to Patty, my niece who passed away from breast cancer in 2002. Now my brother has lost 2 of his kids to cancer.

ELLEN: so sorry to hear about your broken wrist. Praying you heal quickly.

CB: Praying for Sunny and Kent.

ARK: I can only imagine how difficult reading Donnie's dissertation was. Our Pastor just finished his, he had been working on it for years.

GRAYMARE: Yes, Ace & I still do our walks around the farm. We walk close to a mile a day twice a day or more depending on the weather. The walking keeps us from becoming couch potatoes. Plus it's my time to pray for everyone in my life & give thanks for everything in my life. What better time to talk with Jesus than out enjoying the wonders of His nature.

No church for us today. George is sick and has passed it onto me, I woke up with a stuffy head & sore throat. UUGHHH

So much for 2017 being a better year for all of us. We are all off to a wonderful start. Sorry I'm such a downer today.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: January 2017   January 2017 - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 10:02 am

Trudy, I'm so sorry about your nephew. Younger ones aren't supposed to go first.

I hope Sunny does well with rehab so she can get more active again.

This morning is better than yesterday morning. Fingers will move a little easier, although still swollen. Little by little...
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: January 2017   January 2017 - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 12:07 pm

Trudy, hugs for you and your brother, girlfriend.
Hope you and George feel better soon, too. I always felt that way while riding, reflections and trying to figure things out in serene setting of a peaceful ride. Does something good for the soul.

Rain here...cooler, but better than wgat lots of folks r having to deal with. The cold, ice, snow is ongoing awful for so many.

Be safe, stay warm, and altho january has been rough, im humming the rest of our xew year will be better
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: January 2017   January 2017 - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 5:30 pm

Oh TRUDY.........so sad for your brother. Not one, but two children lost to cancer.  Th at's a really terrible loss.  Hugs to him and his family.
Hope you & GEORGE feel better soon.

It sure looks like parts of our country are all under freezing rain & ice.  We had a friend fly in from Denver yesterday with the plane on being 2 hrs delayed.  We had wondered if it would even leave Denver.

We're getting ready for football here with a few friends.  OOOOOO
STEELERS!!  And PACKERS!!!  Then Superbowl..............

Later gators............
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: January 2017   January 2017 - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 10:34 pm

WRONG.  One more round, then Superbowl..............

Packers won........so they play the Falcons next week.

We'll find out about Pittsburg in a couple of hours............get out your
towel TRUDY.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: January 2017   January 2017 - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 12:10 am

Okay..we had thunder, lightning, wind, heavy rain and hailstones the size of dimes....all at the same time, kind of wild!
Lost our satelite tv..
All is well now....
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: January 2017   January 2017 - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 1:20 am

TRUDY can sleep now......Good game Steelers............cheers
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: January 2017   January 2017 - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 1:25 am

Trudy, you probably won't want to wash your terrible towel for another couple of weeks. It worked. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: January 2017   January 2017 - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 10:31 am

CB, you guys had some dandy storms last night.  Sure hope you have power..............

It's still dark here in AZ but clear.  We did not get any bad storms here. It is humid here, tho.  More rain coming in on Thursday.  Horses are munching happily.  Rex got to happily chase a neighborhood cat.........it's so funny.  He only chases to the mailbox.  The cat always runs home which is across the road.

Here, we have 3 experienced healthy hikers missing in some local mountains.  I've ridden them many many times.  The area they chose to go off trail has severe rocky terrain with cliffs etc.  It's off bounds for horses or mules. Anyhow, all three are fit, had gear, sent a video to home before being lost.  The video showed them above the clouds.  Helicopters will go searching at daylight.  Many people don't understand how severe and dangerous our local mountains can be.
Sure hoping they are fine, just lost.  Ugly night up there last night, cold, wet.................

Awwwwww.  Ringling Brothers Circus is closing.  In today's economy traveling & moving must have astronomical cost...........when I was little I thought maybe being a trapeze artist might be a really fun thing to do.  LOL, I practiced on my school trapeze...........5-6 yrs old, I think I was.

Let's see what today brings.  Everyone have a good day.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: January 2017   January 2017 - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 5:05 pm

Never lost power, but twas a dandy storm. There was half a bucket of rain in the feeder. Torrential downpour.....good news is the camper didnt leak, hubby must have gotten it all fixed up.....yay...cuz hes in no shape to do it now for sure. Hes doing good,.but not to be climbing on top yet. Rolling Eyes altho he thinks he can.

Hope the hikers are found safely.

Ellen, how ya doing? Jessi had her wrist put back together few years ago....hers is doing great, she says cant even tell the difference. Speedy healing hums coming your way.

Ark, hope weather stays good for you to ride.

Hellllooooooo to everyone else.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: January 2017   January 2017 - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 5:13 pm

Thanks for asking. My wrist is improving. The swelling is going down, as is the soreness.

I'm glad you didn't lose power and that things are looking better.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: January 2017   January 2017 - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 10:21 pm

Gm, i saw that too, bout the circus. There were circus elephants retired to florida, but on the nightly news few months ago seems they r drawing blood from all the elephants to see what makes them live so long, and also to fight cancer, do they have become guinea pigs, maybe out of the frying pan and into the fire?.....

I loved the circus, but dont like heights, would have to watch aerial and trapeze thru my fingers over my eyes.

Slug day all day with headache......im going to turn into a worm!....my blood pressure needs to come UP, its too low....hence headaches, dizziness. Go in 27th

for echo of heart, and stress test in february. Wheeee
ee.

MAY BE I WILL GET MY PUPPY FIX BY FoSTERING A RAT TERRIER,.LEMON AND WHITE and her six puppies. Ill find out tomorrow i hope.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: January 2017   January 2017 - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 1:08 am

TRUDY:
I am so sorry about your nephew, and your niece before him. So sad for your family.... hug

ELLEN:
I am glad your wrist is feeling a bit better. Soooooo...how's the dog? Are you still babysitting him? rake

CB:
Good luck with 7 more dogs in your house! rake rake hysterical

GRAYMARE:
Wow, I hope they find the hikers quickly. What a nightmare for their families. With GPS help, doesn't look like they would get lost, so an accident may have happened. I hope not.

We have had pretty good weather lately. It will be 50 to 60 degrees all week, although some rain is coming tomorrow. Everything is soggy and muddy, but not frozen or icy. We are above average with the temps, and I like it! If nothing changes, Saturday's ride will be in the high 50s with actual sunshine. It was a bit foggy all day today and has been mostly cloudy for days. Sunshine will be nice. Now if I can just get Ivan's feet trimmed a little before Saturday...Donnie did Trinket's feet yesterday, hopefully Ivan will be next. He tends to get flares if not trimmed on schedule, probably a leftover from his first 3 years of almost no trims at all.

Hey, did I tell you guys that Donnie and I both won a pair of binoculars from the Hardee's contest they had at the end of the year? There were only 90 pairs given away in the whole country and we got two pairs of them! They arrived this past week and are actually quite nice, worth about $90 each. It was co-sponsored by Bass-Pro who provided the binoculars. We may have to take up bird watching. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: January 2017   January 2017 - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 7:25 am

Thanks everyone for the prayers and sympathy. It's a tough time for my family. We are not a family of longevity. Too many deaths at young ages. I thank God for everyday I'm still alive on walking on the earth.
The funeral is tomorrow and I can't get back to Pittsburgh for it. Very sad but nothing I can do about it.

ELLEN: NO NO NO you NEVER wash a Terrible Towel. It would wash the magic outta it. I have about 8 of them, one for waving and the others on display. I was happy to see the boys win, even if it was a squeak of a win. Now onto New England and the dreaded Patriots. The Terrible Towel is what ruined my elbow back in the 70's when we won those 4 Super Bowls. I've had tennis elbow ever since. LOL How is your wrist?

So sad about the circus. I always wanted to take a ride on a elephant but that is way too high for me. Like you CB, I have that fear of heights. What will be next the rodeos? Then even riding the horses. It never ends.

ARK: Congrats on winning 2 sets of binoculars. Way to go..

Today is my big dentist appointment to find out all about the DNA test I had done. Can't wait to see what they found. I fear I'll be living on antibiotics the rest of my life whenever I have a flair up. At least they can control it before it gets outta hand.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: January 2017   January 2017 - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 11:08 am

Trudy, im sure the family can understand with the road conditions, they know you care. Tough time for all.

They are already going after the rodeos...and chicken and pig and cow farmers, ranchers.....and any and all breeders of any animal. Hubby has a neice i deleted off fb cuz she was driving me nuts. I agree there could be some changes for more humane treatment, but sometimes they go waaaaay overboard.

Rainy here again....we r up for the year so far, above normal by an inch just for this month....

Ark, nice prizes....you can keep pair in car, watch eagles, ..we use to find dall sheep, and mt. Goats out west and alaska, always kept a pair in car.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: January 2017   January 2017 - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 6:17 pm

Whew!  A good shower!  My neighbor brought me a rubber/plastic sleeve that fits over the cast, and has an opening that makes a water tight seal.  It worked perfectly.  I'm clean, including hair, and bandage is dry.  Very Happy

Graymare, did they find the hikers?
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: January 2017   January 2017 - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2017 2:16 am

Yes, hikers were found at 8:30 the next morning.  They had gone off trail, no cell reception in area, & the rainstorm sent them into a small cave for the night............they had water & food.  All three were fine & happy, as well as their families.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: January 2017   January 2017 - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2017 12:28 pm

GM, finally happy news. Makes me smile for them.

No rain in forecast.....guess what....yup......dreary and wet. Kids in idaho r still getting snow, ice, cold.....its been a long haul for them....
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: January 2017   January 2017 - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2017 12:39 pm

I'm so glad they were found in good shape! Great news.

CB, do the kids in Idaho have their water fixed yet?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: January 2017   January 2017 - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

January 2017
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next