Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

December 2013

Go down 
+9
Rick Angell
Carol W
Graymare
Indyapp
Manygatess
cb
Ol'Man
Ellen E
Ark
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Ark
Admin

December 2013 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: December 2013   December 2013 - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 12:25 am

"Rick says, "I'm a multitasking procrastinator, I can put off a lot of stuff at the same time.""

Oh dear.  I hate to label people, especially myself, but I am a multitasking procrastinator, too......sigh.....Acknowledging the problem is half the battle!  This may have to be my New Year's resolution, stop multitasking.

BEECH and INDYAPP:
 Ouch.  Too much snow.  I don't want any, and so far the weather gods have gone along with me.  We've had tiny amounts off and on, but nothing substantial and it all melted fast.  We are having flurries tonight.  Flurries are okay.  Pretty, then gone.  We've had multitudes of rain, however.  My parade scheduled for last Saturday was cancelled due to rain and sleet, then rescheduled for Sunday.  I was going to take Ivan to it, but when we woke up to 30 to 35 mph wind gusts and a predicted high around 32 degrees, I chickened out.   When I went down to feed the herd, Ivan and Areion came bucking and snorting out of their area acting like a bear was on their heels.  Cold windy weather turns them on.  That pretty much finished off any lack of chicken-ness I may have had for going to the parade.   They were wired for sound.

So I spent Sunday evening wrapping family presents to ship out on Monday and then Monday  went down to Galax to visit a couple of lady friends for lunch and gift exchanges.  That was fun, but it left me with a fair sized barn mess here that took me over three hours to clean up today.  It doesn't pay to put off poop....(see how this ties into procrastination? Very Happy )  

ELLEN and the rest of you with good neighbors:
 I would love your neighborhood.  We do have one very good neighbor who is wonderful, but most just keep to themselves.  

BEECH:
Your story about the guy who wears shorts in cold weather reminded me of a vet we had come here a couple of times. He showed up in 18 degree weather wearing no coat and short sleeves. He said he never got cold. I got cold just looking at him!

INDYAPP:
 Every few months we have gas to disappear from one of our vehicles.  We figure if they must need it pretty bad to risk that nasty taste in their mouths from siphoning it. We did finally get a locking gas cap for the truck, but the car still is available for them.  Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: December 2013   December 2013 - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 3:51 am

December 2013 - Page 4 1391428_1411649075737745_1420515187_n
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: December 2013   December 2013 - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 11:16 am

Oh WOW……….Faith is totally underdressed…………….I got my hay organized for the next storm that is to arrive perhaps Thursday night……………ARK, I would have ducked out of the parade, also……..WAY too cold for me!

I have a couple of more things to get in the mail………….I've had them ready to go, just DREAD the P O……………I'm not even trying to multitask, just procrastinating one task……….gosh, one step under the multi's……………….

O K, therapy for task flunkers, $19.95/mo……………..get busy in group therapy and never accomplish anything………easy to succeed and make good friends…………………fun for all, sign up now!

God bless. Prayers for ALL.
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: December 2013   December 2013 - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 11:39 am

Happy Holidays to my Foop Friends

Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: December 2013   December 2013 - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 9:37 pm

Gosh, I ran so fast today I don't know where the day went............however, I checked out for the year with my doctor and I'm clear for another year......

I got home a bit ago.............took a cookie and a coke and went out and sat quietly with Faith...................she walked over and just stood with her head over my lap enjoying a bite of cookie and there we were in the pasture, me enjoying the quiet and Faith standing right with me....................she loves her face gently rubbed.........….

RICK, I just enjoyed your card to us…….very pretty. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: December 2013   December 2013 - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:09 am

RICK:
You have figured out photo and video posting! wavy  Good job! Now where do we buy horsey pajamas?  Laughing 
I enjoyed the video!

GRAYMARE:
I bet Faith is extra sweet right now. I loved how sweet both Kazi and Daisy were when they were pregnant.
I still need to find something for Donnie for Christmas. Maybe I'll get his horse some pj's, if RICK will tell us where he buys them! Cool 

Lesson day is tomorrow and it is going to be sunny and 60 degrees!  :dance: 

CB:
What are you up to?
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: December 2013   December 2013 - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 7:40 am

Hi guys. It's been a snowy and cold few days here in PA. UUGGHHHH I am ready for spring already, enough snow. It's so cold and it just won't go away. Saturday into Sunday we had a nasty snow storm. More on Tuesday. Ace loves it, he gets to play his favorite game. SNOWBALL

BEECH: I remember our days living in Calais Maine, never saw so much snow in my life. You guys just get more and much colder temps to go along with it. Your PO experience is what I miss since I retired from my little PO. I miss the interaction with the people I saw every day. It breaks my heart to go into the PO now, it seems cold and unfriendly. It's a business now, not a neighborhood gathering place.

SUNNY: We have great neighbors and we do "block parties", hay rides and just help each other out when ever needed. In fact, during the big snow storm on Saturday, my neighbors took me along with their family to the church play. Life in the country where you can still trust the neighbors is a great place to live. Other than the fence rail poachers we normally don't have any problems.

The church play was Narnia. The Lion,The Witch and the Wardrobe. It was amazing.

ARK: Can't imagine someone coming onto your farm and stealing gas out of your vehicles. WOW Send some of the 60 degree weather up this way.

RICK; Horse PJ's, what will they think of next?

Love & prayers for all..
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: December 2013   December 2013 - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 4:03 pm

December 2013 - Page 4 A138953
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: December 2013   December 2013 - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 6:27 pm

ARK, once Faith got used to being here, even before Atticus she learned to love having her face rubbed softly and scratch itches under her chin & between her ears…….she came here with severe head probs as someone had clearly been VERY mean………she's been a GREÅT re hab………hope your lesson was good.

RICK, what's normal? I'm not sure of my category right now…..BUT, fun sure works!

TRUDY………….I'm sure it's cold, but I'll bet your farm is gorgeous!

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: December 2013   December 2013 - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 11:39 pm

After two weeks of below freezing weather, today was 43, with three more days like it to come. Then, the bottom drops out again. At the moment, the snow is melting like crazy.

Last night, we had a tragedy about a mile and a half from here. Steve, who owns the very successful business of moving boatlifts and docks in and out of the water, came home to find his mentally unsound ex-girlfriend hiding in a closet in his house. She stepped out, fired a shot and hit a guy who had entered the house with him. He took off. Meanwhile, she pumped several shots into the Steve's chest, stabbed him, followed him down a hall as he staggered away, and fired more shots into the back of his head.
There are two little girls who now have no daddy and a mommy who will not raise them. The first guy will be okay.
The woman was well known to be mentally unbalanced and should have been institutionalized.
CPS took the little girls, but I hope their uncle will eventually get custody of them. He is a responsible, educated man, newly married. He'll probably inherit a very profitable business too. A couple of years ago, we'd heard that Steve had made $800,000 that year.
So sad.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: December 2013   December 2013 - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 1:09 am

OMG, ELLEN................TRAGIC! Hard to believe those things happen..................prayers for those kids............…

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: December 2013   December 2013 - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 1:21 am

News update: New neighbor Lialah Noelle made her appearance about 10:00 tonight.  Very Happy  I haven't heard any other details yet, but Mommy and Lialah are doing well.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: December 2013   December 2013 - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 9:46 am

Pouring here................Faith is fed.

ELLEN, good news for sure! Nothing beats a new baby for smiles and love.

Neighborhood update here…………….Hummer kid is back to riding his bicycle…….. Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: December 2013   December 2013 - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 9:47 am

Pouring here................Faith is fed.

ELLEN, good news for sure! Nothing beats a new baby for smiles and love.

Neighborhood update here…………….Hummer kid is back to riding his bicycle…….. Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: December 2013   December 2013 - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 9:49 am

LOL, oops……………………. Embarassed 
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: December 2013   December 2013 - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 11:21 am

ELLEN
What a shock for your community, the murder of the man.  The woman must really be deranged.  You don't hear of many woman doing such things.....Poor little girls....

The new baby is good news!  I love her name!

GRAYMARE
You sure have had a lot of wet weather this year.  Will this cause the desert to bloom more?  When does your spring flowering usually begin?  

RICK
 I can't get over those horse pajamas!  Was there any info with that photo?  Was it a Halloween costume?  Nosey me wants to know! Laughing 

I had a fun lesson with Ivan yesterday!  We learned the beginnings of 'passade'.....which I may have just spelled wrong.  We side passed while moving forward at a walk, then trot.  We actually did it, too!  Ivan and I caught on pretty fast, for once! Laughing 

Then Areion had her lesson with Lori.  She seems to enjoy the riding lesson.  I think she has watched Ivan's lessons for so long that she wanted in on the action.  Lori said Areion's transitions are getting really smooth into the canter.  Then I rode Areion at the walk and trot!!  Areion is being very generous about me riding her, my balance and cues are not nearly as good as Lori's, but Areion doesn't seem to mind.  Lori rode Ivan while I rode Areion.  We switched being in front while walking and trotting.  I had a great time!!
Back to top Go down
sunny 57

sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: December 2013   December 2013 - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 1:24 pm

that is so great that you and both Ivan and Aerion are doing so well, looks like you will have trouble deciding which one you will ride, sounds like Aerion is going to be calmer than Ivan until Ivan gets more miles on him but that is an arabian, lots of energy, have a great time with both of them and I am so proud of you for all of your success with both Ivan and Aerion, it seems like just yesterday Aerion was just a speck, and now she is a beautiful and smart horse,
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: December 2013   December 2013 - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 2:01 pm

Small correction. Her name is Lilah. Whew! The other way would have been a constant problem for her.
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: December 2013   December 2013 - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 3:25 pm

ELLEN...Carol, for many years, did "bed cards" in the nursery using her calligraphic skills.  She has come home many times just amazed at the names (and first/last name combinations). of babies.  

Under that same theme, we attended Kid Cameron's school Christmas program last night.  I doubt I could even pronounce 1/2 the first names of those kids.  I will say that we did so enjoy the program.  Cameron was just in the 3rd grade chorus.

Graymare...THANKS for intro. us to Celtic Thunder.  As you know we saw them in concert back in late October.  Cameron loves to sing several of their songs and does a decent job...especially "Voice in the Choir". Carol has purchased several of their CDs and also downloaded ( i-tunes) a bunch of their songs.  That is playing on her computer as I write this.  THANKS for the intro, to some good entertainment.

ARK ... I have no idea were I shamelessly copied that horse pic.  IF it had been an article, I'm sure I would have given the link.  Sorry...my rememberer doesn't work as well as it once did.  I'm sure a creative seamstress could do some measurements and craft some PJ's for your ponies. lol!
====================

On a more serious note...my older brother, Don had a stroke back around the 7th of OCT.  At first it seemed like he would get through it with minimal problems.  Even with aggressive medical care and therapy, he is pretty much bed ridden now and as lost most functional usage of his left arm and leg.  When Don was a young teenager, he had polio that got him in the right leg and left arm.  Now...his "strong leg" is his polio weakened right leg.  His speech as deteriorated also from barely having any problem to barely understandable.
Fortunately, his wicked sense of sarcastic humor is still there...and that's a plus!  I went several weeks w/o seeing him due to "crud" and didn't want to expose him.  I saw him a week ago and will go up to see him again before Christmas.  Hopefully he'll stay awake/alert so we can "visit"...but he'll know I've been there either way.  It is a two hour drive (one-way)...he is in the Asheville, NC area. A few spare prayers and hums for his comfort would be appreciated.  Don is 80. We know that HIS WILL will prevail...just not sure what it is at this point. scratch  Question  Question  Question 

I'm sure I'll be back on here before the big day next week...but I DO WANT to take this time to sincerely, genuinely wish all my Foop Friends a Very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.  I mean it when I say I love you all.  Please be safe in your journeys around this holiday season.

Love to all...Rick, Carol, and Snoop!!
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: December 2013   December 2013 - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 3:43 pm

December 2013 - Page 4 A139031
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: December 2013   December 2013 - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 5:40 pm

ARK, I am here today!  something has eaten my posts and kicked me off the site now for several days....I don't know what it is...but am back now.

Ellen, that is some awful news here at xmas time for the little girls.  Whose new baby is it we are talking about?  Congrats to whomever!  cat cheers cheers cheers 

Ark, sounds like you'll have two good horses to ride!  Your progress is growing more each time ....and so are the horses willingness to please you.
That is good.  Both will take care of you on the trail, trust their instincts also. You will have a bond of trust and love and they will protect you.  I was trying to make my horse go thru a tumble weed ditch, (or so I thought) and some other guy came flying up and yelled, get out of my way, we moved over and he barreled thru and disappeared from sight....it was a canyon filled with tumbleweeds....my horse knew it wasn't safe....the other horse broke a leg but rider was only scraped up....so believe in their instincts.

Christmas shopping all done and cards all mailed.  We are celebrating on Monday as the girls have to go back to their Mom's Xmas eve....

I spent the night at the ER last night....my blood pressure got really high and got stuck at 185/110...we were just watching tv and my fingers started tingling so took my BP...whoops said I, and called my doc. It is going up and down today again....weird....but I am just taking it easy....

Everyone stay safe with weather that is coming....
Back to top Go down
sunny 57

sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: December 2013   December 2013 - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 6:31 pm

Rick, sending you and your brother prayers that everything turns out
and hoping you and all of the family here on this site have a great christmas and happy healthy new year
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: December 2013   December 2013 - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 6:32 pm

CB, the baby belongs to my next door neighbors. She is Little Miss Scarlett's brand new baby sister. Due to some minor complications, she and Mommy will probably be in the hospital for a couple of extra days, but both are doing better now.

I hope you can get your BP under control so it doesn't cause any problems.

Rick, we wish you a Very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year too. Big prayers for your brother.

It's only about 45 minutes until sundown and I can see across the lake for the first time today - just barely. It's been super foggy all day. Mid 40s, a little rain, and melting snow and ice.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: December 2013   December 2013 - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 9:02 pm

RICK, sending best wishes for comfort and improvement in your brother…..strong prayers
for him and your family.

CB, wow, hope your BP has settled down by now………………

Just back in from cookies and coffee with Faith........chilly out there at 50.................
I will go back out and feed in an hr or so...........

Honestly........I delivered baked goods today and I'm SO worn out......stop, go..............stop, go etc..................it's cloudy (no rain since morning), damp, and just plain ugly outside. We did get a bit of sun today for awhile so tomorrow will be nice again.............
Back to top Go down
Carol W

Carol W

PostSubject: Re: December 2013   December 2013 - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 11:49 pm

Rick .. prayers, positive thoughts and good wishes to go with you Rick.....
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: December 2013   December 2013 - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 11:50 am

Hey, Ark! Today is the shortest day. Now they start getting longer again. Hooray!!! Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: December 2013   December 2013 - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

December 2013
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next