Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

July 2013 !!

Go down 
+6
sunny 57
Indyapp
Graymare
Ellen E
Rick Angell
Ark
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Ark
Admin

July 2013 !! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2013 !!   July 2013 !! - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 3:12 pm

Okay, CB:
 I have sent you an email with your username and password.  Give it a try!

GRAYMARE:
  A friend just told me she named her treadmill so it would feel friendlier to her Very Happy .  She says she uses it more now that it has a personality.  She named it "Tallulah".  I told Annie she should name ours since she is the one using it so much.  She is thinking it over.....

SUNNY:
 Wow, you sure have issues.  I hope the back brace ideas work for you.  I have a friend who rides in one all the time, and then still has to go to a chiropractor now and again, but the brace helps.
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: July 2013 !!   July 2013 !! - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 7:19 pm

The troops left early this afternoon. I sort of let down and got rather useless for a while. They are so good about cleaning up before they leave, I only have a couple of loads of laundry to do and things will be back to normal.
After three nights in a row of major fireworks, I'm rather hoping for a quiet evening. There is one famiy across the lake that spends a BUNCH of money on fireworks, so they put on a pretty good display.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: July 2013 !!   July 2013 !! - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 9:43 pm

Hi again. SUNNY, I went to Target w a friend. I walked the whole time w my brace on. Target has one very similar to mine for $31.99. I tried it on and am glad to know I can get one if mine goes kaplooey. Anyhow it is velcrow and after you put it on, you tighten the velcrow laces and it tightens right up for VERY good support.
My friend bought one for her sister.

Go have a look. I can't believe it won't help.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: July 2013 !!   July 2013 !! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 8:15 pm

Today was great................we went for early lunch and then shopping for golf clubs. My friend's husb wants a special club for his birthday (which we found)..............I love the clothes, but didn't buy any BUT, I found the best club ever...............BIG BERTHA. I found that hysterical.

SO, nobody got the diahrrea slip into their food! They dropped me off at home and I came in for a rest. AND, nobody slipped me the diahrrea slip. We voted that joke in in about 1978 I think. It's been so long since anyone has done it it will be a huge surprise when it does.
Back to top Go down
sunny 57

sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: July 2013 !!   July 2013 !! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 9:08 pm

Greymare does it have a product name, is it long or short, what I need is something that will support the upper back to stand up straight, my lower back is o.k., ever since I had the total fusion of my neck, the vertibre from just past the cervical to the thorasic is what is causing me not to be able to stand up straight and walk without a lot of pain, when I walk I see nothing but the ground, I can not pick my head up the surgeon took all movement from me even up and down, I have 2 rods from skull to shoulder a plate acrossmy throat, and screws in all 7 cervical vertibre that is why I am so frustrated,
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: July 2013 !!   July 2013 !! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 9:44 pm

You need a body jacket, not a belt...................google them.
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: July 2013 !!   July 2013 !! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 11:52 am

Hi guys. Just checking in from either too rainy or too hot to leave the house PA. What a crazy summer this is turning out to be. Wayyyy to much rain for the garden, except for the watermelon and cukes, they are doing fantastic. We made 8 jars of pickles yesterday.

Saturday my neighbor was taken to the ER in the ambulance. Heat stroke and migraine from mowing the grass in 93 degree weather. Old guys just won't let the grass alone, even in the heat. He is doing OK. I called to see if I could lend a hand with his horse, since his wife hates the horse, but he didn't stay over night at the hospital.

Our other 83 year old neighbor is having heat heath issues also. Geeshhhh MEN...you gotta listen to us girls when it is so hot. Tomorrow is another day for mowing grass.

GRAYMARE: Good to hear you are doing so well after your surgery.

SUNNY: Holy cow girl, you sure have been thru a surgery nightmare. WOW

ARK: Sorry to hear about your sister and her broken wrist.

ELLEN: That sure sounds like a much better way to make Smores. I'll pass that along to my kids who are campers. They are always making Smores.

Have a great week everyone..

Love & prayers for all.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: July 2013 !!   July 2013 !! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 10:14 pm

Trudy, I like the 'new' s'mores a lot better than the traditional ones. I've never been a big fan of graham crackers. The cookies are much better. Enjoy.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: July 2013 !!   July 2013 !! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 2:47 am

Hi again............great hearing from you TRUDY. I've heard the weather is bonkers everywhere. LIZ said Toronto was awful with really bad storms.

SUNNY I hope you will find a dr that will help you stand..........and be able to hold your head to see when you walk. How can you drive your scooter? Do you wear a neck brace? Prayers for you. (((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))
Back to top Go down
sunny 57

sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: July 2013 !!   July 2013 !! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 2:07 pm

driving is no problem except for turning my head to see traffic when turning at lights but I move my body to face traffic and can see plus I only drive places that I am familiar with and use my mirrors I got a extra mirror to see my blind spot so got that coverd driving is my one escape from things as for my scooter when I sit down my head is in the upright position so i see fine it is just when i am standing that i see ground, I have learned to adapt to my situation
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: July 2013 !!   July 2013 !! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 8:20 pm

July 2013 !! - Page 2 P3r5

I was bad today, but boy, is it FUN!!!cheers 
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: July 2013 !!   July 2013 !! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 9:15 pm

ELLEN, what's it's name? We want a pic of you ON it ready to fly across the lake.

CONGRATS!
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: July 2013 !!   July 2013 !! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 9:40 pm

ELLEN:
Did you buy this? Does it have a name? Looks like fun! It seems you had sunshine today. We got more rain this afternoon...about 2 inches this time. We are floating away. I can hear our creek that is behind the barn from the house.

GRAYMARE:
Any word on the fires near Atticus? I hope they are gone.

SUNNY:
You seem to do a lot for someone with your problems! Good job. I am glad you can get around in your truck and scooter.

CAROL:
How ya doing? How is Ice?

RICK:
What are you up to? Got rain?

I suspect my riding lesson will be canceled tomorrow....again. They are predicting....what else?....rain.

Today is diet day. I am fantasizing about hot fudge sundaes.Drool  Luckily fantasies are calorie free. I have lost 10 pounds on this 2 day a week fast diet so far. Only a gazillion more diet days to go.

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: July 2013 !!   July 2013 !! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 10:26 pm

No, it doesn't have a name yet. Any ideas?

We had clouds, heat, super humidity, and rain until about 1:00 today. Then, it started clearing and by evening it is gorgeous. Much much nicer this evening. Clear and lower humidity.
Back to top Go down
sunny 57

sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: July 2013 !!   July 2013 !! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 10:53 pm

Ark, Clara does not have access to her e-mail yet, so if you could either call her or pm me with the info I will make sure she gets it, Clara's dachshund finaly had her puppies 6 of them 2 are white with color, she has several that are black but she thinks that they will change color and a couple that might be wild boar in color, will know for sure when they get older they were just born today, mom and babies doing fine,
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: July 2013 !!   July 2013 !! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 9:14 am

SUNNY:
 I sent you an email with CB's info.  Let me know if you don't get it.   Thanks for helping!

ELLEN:
 Hmmmmm......I will have to think about a name for your new toy!  

My lesson is called off, again.  There is another rainy day predicted.  We are going to try to do it tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: July 2013 !!   July 2013 !! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 1:43 pm

ZIPPY WAVE RUNNER.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: July 2013 !!   July 2013 !! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 6:31 pm

My life: Very Happy 

July 2013 !! - Page 2 N05d
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: July 2013 !!   July 2013 !! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 12:38 am

Ark, that's really cute. Very Happy 

Zippy and I went out on the big lake this evening. He does a little better than I thought he would. I saw 54 on the speedometer a couple of times. Boat speedometers are usually a little less than accurate, but it looks good anyway. Tomorrow, I'll give him a drink of gas so I can run as long as I want to. I am a happy camper for sure.
Back to top Go down
silverdancer

silverdancer

PostSubject: Re: July 2013 !!   July 2013 !! - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 12:53 am

Hi all! Sorry not to have posted for AGES but have been verrrrry busy, here and there.
And now I'm HERE - in the good ol' US of A!
I've actually been here for a couple of weeks now, only a week more before I go back Sad , but forgot to bring my password and couldn't post, so had to get Dublin son (who is checking my house each week) to text it to me.
CB - no time now to meet up this summer.. but maybe next time.

So this is just to say Hi to all, I'm delighted to here again. Texas is hot, but not as bad as usual at under 100F most days and we have even had the occasional bit of rain.
Now I need to go back to read and see how everyone is doing... I'll check back in again before too long this time!
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: July 2013 !!   July 2013 !! - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 10:06 am

HOW TO CALL THE POLICE WHEN YOU'RE OLD, AND DON'T MOVE FAST ANYMORE:

George Phillips, an elderly man, from Meridian, Mississippi, was going up
to bed, when his wife told him that he'd left the light on in the garden
shed, which she could see from the bedroom window. George opened the back
door to go turn off the light, but saw that there were people in the shed
stealing things.

He phoned the police, who asked "Is someone in your house?"

He said "No," but some people are breaking into my garden shed and
stealing from me.

Then the police dispatcher said "All patrols are busy. You should lock
your doors and an officer will be along when one is available"

George said, "Okay."

He hung up the phone and counted to 30. Then he phoned the police again.

"Hello, I just called you a few seconds ago because there were people
stealing things from my shed. Well, you don't have to worry about them now
because I just shot and killed them both. The dogs are eating them right
now." and he hung up.

Within five minutes, six Police Cars, a SWAT Team, a Helicopter, two Fire
Trucks, a Paramedic, and an Ambulance showed up at the Phillips'
residence, and caught the burglars red-handed.

One of the Policemen said to George, "I thought you said that you'd shot
them!"

George said, "I thought you said there was nobody available!"

(True Story) I LOVE IT! Don't mess with old people.

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: July 2013 !!   July 2013 !! - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 11:52 am

heh heh heh Love it.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: July 2013 !!   July 2013 !! - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 2:29 pm

Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: July 2013 !!   July 2013 !! - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 5:07 pm

SUNNY:
Has CB tried out her new password yet?

GRAYMARE:
 Great story! Laughing 

SILVERDANCER:
 There you are!  You sure pick a hot time of year to go to Texas!  Donnie and I visited England once during what they considered a drought.  It was 80 degrees the entire time we were there and it barely sprinkled during the trip.  It was wonderful to us, but the locals kept complaining about the terrible heat.  We had just left 100 degree weather at our house, so it felt great to us.   This year we are having a cool summer, though.  Between the constant rain and lack of sunshine, the bare ground is starting to green up with algae or something.  We could use some warmer weather to improve the crops.  Safe trip home!

Ivan and I had our lesson yesterday.  We had canceled the two weeks before because of rain and it was supposed to be sunny on Friday.  Nope.  It rained right in the middle of our lesson.  We just kept going.  It actually felt nice, a gentle rain with no wind.  Ivan and I were soaked to the bone, the only thing dry on us was directly beneath the saddle on the saddle pad.  It was sort of fun! Very Happy  After we were done I turned Ivan loose and he immediately rolled in the mud to dry off. Rolling Eyes  He is now a brown horse.

Areion is getting her first lesson from my instructor, Lori, next week.  I have decided I am too lazy to train her and Ivan, both, so we are going to see how Lori does with Areion for a few lessons.  The horse needs a job besides taking things apart.  I will take pix.   Areion is old enough, and big enough, to ride now....and smart enough to catch on fast.  We shall see.  Lori is a good trainer.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: July 2013 !!   July 2013 !! - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 6:09 pm

Here's a great article about the wild horses protecting themselves.
http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com/2013/07/10/wild-horses-leap-their-death-and-live

We've had a rather cool summer here too. The last three days have just been wonderful. We're supposed to have some high 80s this next week, but then a little cooler after that.

Silverdancer, it's always good to see you. Are your grandkids taking any riding lessons while you are here?

It will be fun to hear about Areion's progress. Keep us up to date.
Back to top Go down
sunny 57

sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: July 2013 !!   July 2013 !! - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 8:31 pm

Ark, I just talked to Clara and she said that the site won't let her in saying that it is the wrong Id or password she tried at least 3 times and I told her exactly how to post it and she said she did that but it still won't let her in she says that the site don't like her she is frustrated,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: July 2013 !!   July 2013 !! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

July 2013 !!
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next