Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

April 2016

Go down 
+3
Manygatess
Graymare
Beech
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Ellen E

April 2016 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: April 2016   April 2016 - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 8:00 pm

Ark, there is something called a "plastic welding" kit. I don't know for sure, but I suspect that there is something in it that partially melts the plastic so that it will gel together.

I don't think I've ever seen a blue Range Rover. The ones I've seen are either white or zebra striped black and white. Tough vehicles.

Did anybody see Songbird race this afternoon? Wow! That filly hardly took a deep breath and won by a LOT. Gary Stevens hand rode all the way, and never had to ask for anything.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   April 2016 - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 10:29 pm

ELLEN
Didn't see the race. Is this filly a KY Derby possibility? That's coming up soon.
The only Range Rovers I have seen were on some British t.v. shows. I always thought they were fun looking cars... but doubt even a used one would fit our budget. I would paint it blue... Very Happy I think the queen runs around in one of those.

We are just looking in the hopes the right car comes our way. The Jeep Wrangler we looked at was cool, but it wasn't a diesel. The Jeep Grand Cherokee was a diesel and way too pricey.

ThunderPuff is definitely feeling better. Nothing like a PowerPuff nap to restore him. He had us worried this morning.

It blew snowflurries around off and on all day. It was not a good day to be outside, so we watched a bunch of vampire shows Laughing . We rarely watch tv during daylight hours, we always have something to do. It was a pretty fun snow day. cheers Tomorrow, it is back to work on whatever project Donnie has plans for. Probably working on the hayfields.
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   April 2016 - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 10, 2016 12:16 am

Song Bird will not run in the Derby, but will run in the Oaks the day before. She has not been nominated for the Derby. Gary Stevens said she is the best filly he's EVER ridden, and possibly the best HORSE he's ever ridden. He has ridden a LOT of horses to compare with.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   April 2016 - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 10, 2016 2:08 am

Another friend's foal born today: WOW, stud colt out of Dreams..........

April 2016 - Page 3 412379618

Love the babies.................
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   April 2016 - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 10, 2016 7:09 am

ARK: I want to kill Phil with my bare hands too. Yep we had a snow storm yesterday, it started sowing around 6 AM and snowed most of the day, but by 7 PM the snow was all gone and grass was back. I fell going down the little hill by the ditch taking Ace for his walk, slipped in the mud/snow and just sort of sat down in the mud. I was ticked, Ithe mud was so slippery. I didn't get hurt though thank God.

You know what they say, take off your snow tires and it snows, George took off the snow tires a couple of weeks ago, no matter we didn't leave the house during the snow storm. My saying is well take off your Yaktracks from your boots and it snows. LOL Thank goodness I didn't have my ski bibs and big winter Steeler jacket washed cause they are muddy now. I'd really be ticked off if I had them washed and ready to put away for the summer.

Our Internet has been on and off for 4 days. Darn it. Just when I get something typed away it goes. Even though I can read and do it all on my phone, it takes forever to type on that tiny keyboard and the auto correct drives me nuts, types in the strangest words. I don't know how the youngens do it all the time.

I'll be back later maybe. Gotta send this before it goes away again.

BEECH: Happy birthday a little late...

Love & prayers...
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   April 2016 - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 10, 2016 9:15 am

Ooooo. What a beautiful baby! Look at all that chrome! Can't wait to see more pictures of him.

This morning there is more snow on the ground! Boo Hiss! If my tulips survive to bloom it will be little short of a miracle.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   April 2016 - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 10, 2016 10:34 pm

Trudy, new phone puts words on my message if I hesitate phone finishes word a d not what I would ha e done.,grrrr. Sunny is still in Florida, trying to get insurance e to do hip surgery.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   April 2016 - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 10, 2016 11:12 pm

CB, if you want to turn off the Auto Correct on your iPhone, here is what I found. Doesn't sound too hard to do. Sometimes mine corrects things that are the way I want them too.

1.Step #1. Go to Settings and then scroll down until you locate General.
2.Step #2. Once in the General submenu, scroll to the bottom and tap on Keyboard.
3.Step #3. Somewhere in the middle, you'll find an Auto Correct slider that can be turned on or off. Make use of it.
Back to top Go down
Beech

Beech

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   April 2016 - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2016 7:15 pm

Thanks, all, for the birthday greetings!

And happy birthday, too, to Areion! ARK, did you say she was seven? That is VERY hard to believe.

GM, I am really enjoying the Francis drama. Any pics yet?

I don't have any high drama to report from here. Though I am looking forward to getting a haircut on Friday. And that's because it will be done by a woman who maintains an antique barber chair in the front room of a big Victorian house away out on a back road in the boondocks. She's probably in her sixties, a little bit of a thing who reminds me of Tasha Tudor because she maintains her house as a kind of museum to her long-departed family, with ancient framed photos of them on the walls and scores of accumulated antiques in every room. In her kitchen, while there are conventional faucets delivering water from an artesian well via a conventional electric-powered pump , the water itself flows out of the mouth of a pitcher pump, and the sink is black and cast-iron; on another side of the room is an absolutely gigantic chimney and fireplace, the chimney venting a big old black-and-chrome antique coal range (there's a modern gas stove there, too), while across the room but still within it is a sunken area where there's an accessible back-up well. Amid all this she pads around barefoot. AND she times my haircut to coincide with haircuts for two other local women, sisters, and both, like me, in their seventies, so we have a long, gossipy gabfest in the two hours it takes for all the haircuts, then we gather around a table in that kitchen and talk some more over tea and cake.

Now, I ask you: can you beat that???

Not for a haircut, I bet -- though I admit that it's a little low on most modern people's drama scales. Anybody ever read Elizabeth Gaskell's Cranford? A mid-19th Century novel about humble English village life. Reminds me of that.

I was definitely born in the wrong century.

A rainy, drizzly day here, with real rain forecast for tomorrow. No scooters out yet, but starting to dream in that direction. Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   April 2016 - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2016 7:30 pm

What a fun way to get a haircut! That would be much more fun to look forward to than most hair appointments.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   April 2016 - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2016 10:32 pm

GRAYMARE:
What a pretty foal!! I wish I could have one every other year, Areion was such fun to raise. Did Francis have her riding lesson today? It would have taken me a week to get over that first ride after not having ridden for years. I hope she is still having fun!

TRUDY:
Yep, let's get that groundhog! Today made up for last Saturday's snow, we had actual sunshine with 70 degrees!! It was like a miracle after that miserable day on Saturday. I hope that was winter's last hurrah for the year.

ELLEN:
I managed to turn off the auto correct on my Kindle somehow. Don't ask me how. Now I have to go back and correct all my own typos, but at least weird words are not popping up in the middle of my sentences.

CB:
Did you get rested up from your trip yet? How did the horse do at the trainers?

BEECH:
It is hard to believe that Areion is 7 years old. If she is like Ivan, it will only be 4 more years before she turns into a solid citizen, Laughing . She is a reactive creature on some days...today being one of them. Ivan was very similar at her age, but he has mellowed out so much in the past year or so. She does think fast, so many times will get over her spook about the time she has done it. It's surviving that spook reaction that can be painful.... Rolling Eyes

I want to get a haircut with you!! That sounds like so much fun! I hate getting haircuts, I am rarely happy with the results, so at least the company would make the experience so much nicer! Pix!! We need pix of you and the ladies at her house!! I wonder what ever happened to Tasha Tudor's African grey parrot? She had one in her books. I wonder who got it after she died? Such a neat lady...
Hope you had a GREAT birthday!! cheers

Ivan and I had a lesson today in that wonderful sunshine. We did pretty well. My hip joints, and Ivan, were all cooperative. We are still working on that soft and collected trot, which will probably take me another two years to get. But we did it a little better than the past two lessons when my hip joints were being a pain in the rear...so to speak.

Friday Ivan and Areion are going to the New River Trail for a trail ride. Lori and I haven't been there in a long time. Wish us luck! If Areion is in a amiable mood, I might ride her a little on the trail. Ivan has been so good on trail rides in recent times, he is fun to ride at these things.

Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   April 2016 - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 12:19 am

Brother in hospital with pneumonia..,spent day with him. Daisie is doing well at trainers. She has ten more days. Bulldogger pup, holy terror, doing good and growing.Jessi's Dane tangled with porkypine, vet said he has never seen or ever heard of a dog having a 1000 quills. Took four hours of anestesia. Jessi and joey on a work conference cruise.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   April 2016 - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 1:13 am

Hope your brother is better soon, CB........you're sure doing the best for him you can. Sure hope Jessi's G Dane is out of the clinic and doing fine............
Heavens, too many things to worry about............Good news your horse is doing well.............and, eventually your pup will slowdown and grow up.............

Yes, Beech, friend had her lesson today......she is having the time of her life.
She had only ridden twice in her life, both times down the Grand Canyon on a mule. I've not been out there yet..........I'm letting things settle a bit. She bought a horse trailer already..........named her mule Houston, as in Houston, we have a problem, we have no saddle, we have no trailer, etc...........great funny name. All I know is he is sweet sweet sweet and very manageable for her.........and her instructor loves him (she is a mule lady). I asked her what she is learning first and she said "not to say shit when I try to get on". She's hysterical. I said "no, really"...........then she said "it's like trying to play Chopin on a piano when you can't play a scale"...............She said Houston is the hero.
"I can go anywhere I want to go using only one hand".....I LOVED it. Then she said her instructor is really impressed at Houston as he takes care of me.
I asked if she trotted much today. "No, I'm not that strong yet, but I know I need to learn that". I can't wait to see them............

Other friend's new foal is doing great........she is having 3 this year and two are on the ground so far..............they will be so cute.

No adventure here. My horses are loving the rain and cool weather.........Me, too.
Back to top Go down
Rose

Rose

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   April 2016 - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 1:50 am

Okay everyone, your positive thoughts are working, keep em' coming. Memphis was able to do the stairs to get up to Johnny's office twice today and she ate a whole can of food, still praying the meds keep helping her. Robin wrote her first offer for her first client today, now just to see if it's accepted or a counter-offer is made and accepted. Please don't stop those good thoughts and wishes now, plus she has to email some property listings to another prospective client. She is exhausted but very excited!

I am going Wednesday afternoon to look at a gorgeous 6 yo ASHC/AMHC double registered gelding. He is extremely well trained and a real sweety, responds to verbal commands and is calm. Been shown in many, many performance, halter, and driving competitions. Took Reserve Champoinship in 2011 at the ASHC Congress. The only reason the lady is letting him go is because he has a fault that she recently discovered. Gunner has a luxating left rear pastern, absolutely no soundness or pain issues but it makes a soft popping sound at a walk so she can't show him in halter classes. But in case I don't buy him before May she has him in heavy workouts right now and will show jumping/driving performance classes at the big shows in May. We'll see, I will know if we click or not after I meet him. His picture is on my Facebook page.

GM, I am following Francis and Frankie narrative closely! That foal is beautiful.

CB, prayers that your brother heals quickly and completely, it's wonderful that you are there for him, he's lucky to have a sister like you.

More later, please keep up the good vibes for Robin and Memphis, hugs all around!

Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   April 2016 - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 10:22 am

Happy 70th Birthday, ROSE!!!
:dance: :dance:

Have a GREAT one!! wavy

CB
I hope your brother recovers quickly... hug

GRAYMARE
Houston is a great name! hysterical I can't wait to see photos.... Very Happy

We are taking Kazi for her pedicure today. She has been doing really well with her feet.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   April 2016 - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 10:27 am

WOOHOO, ROSE!  HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
I hope you have as much fun on your 70th as I did on mine.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   April 2016 - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 10:58 am

A big hug happy birthday to you ROSE!!!

Prayers sure continue for Robin & Memphis.........and hoping your mini is a match.

Don't know if you all remember Francis has her first mule clinic this week end in Prescott..............Houston can't go yet as she isn't experienced enough. However, "Houston, I will be back Sunday and we will have our own saddle".
Francis bought a nice Trails West Trailer so she will be off & running........and knowing her, she will have 50 new mule friends by Sunday.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   April 2016 - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 12:08 pm

I think you should plan on writing a little book about Francis and Houston. It would make a really fun and entertaining read. At the very least, a children's book. Kids would love a story about a 'grandmother' with her new mule.
Back to top Go down
Rose

Rose

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   April 2016 - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 12:25 pm

Thanks everyone, for all the birthday wishes! I am amazed at a 70th Birthday, how did I get this old so quickly??? cheers Thank you all for the positive thoughts and prayers for Robin and Memphis!!! I am so excited to go meet Gunner tomorrow. All I have planned today is a chest xray so the pulmonologist can clear me for a year! I still had some bruising on my lungs and heart when I left the hospital but he didn't hear anything during my appt last week so xray is just to be sure!

Rain, rain, rain all day and some light and noise shows this afternoon. Don't mind the rain but could do w/o the light and noise!

Waiting for the next baby at the Gypsy barn, from the Paint Dam and Gypsy sire. He/she will be beautiful!

Again, thank you one and all!
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   April 2016 - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2016 12:26 am

ELLEN, no way...................I have no interest in serious writing, just my journal which is sporadic...............LOL, I'm retired.

ROSE, so glad to read you're off the hook from your accident..........and even happier you are headed toward a mini..............LOL, look out! Woman driver!!!
Can't wait to see your barn baby........I'm sure it will be beautiful. The other filly must be a riot by now. I love spring with all the babies..........

It sounds like everyone is having rain.

CB, is your brother improving?

TRUDY, did you slam ole Puxxy yet? Everyone is cheering you on............

BEECH, your friend's house must be a wonderful place to see..........glad you had a great birthday. Your adventures are fun to read and I can easily picture your area.

ARK, are you headed for your trail ride this week end?

Not sure what day I get to actually meet Houston.............Francis moved him this afternoon to a barn near her house (about 1 mi) so he is now only about 5-6 mi from here................there wasn't any problem other than distance & she wants to see him all the time...........now with a trailer she can drive to her riding lessons so will get driving experience as well as riding experience........
she texted me he walked in, hit the hay manger and never had any reaction.
He really is easy going.

Everyone have a good evening..........
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   April 2016 - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2016 8:06 am

On top of the bad weather that $%&#^$*%$$ Phil has lied about, I am sure he has eaten the buds off all my tulips. I am so angry, he better hope I never see him around here. Evil or Very Mad I found one of his holes in the bank and am filling it with stinky cat poop. LOL George has the 223 ready but the hog is a tricky one and scurries away if he sees any movement at the house. I need my old ground hog killing dog Lucky...Ace sure is not a hog killer, Lucky would run them down and snap their necks in a heartbeat.

GRAYMARE: Your friend sure sounds like a great person to be friends with. She is going to have a blast with her new mule.

ROSE: HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY. :dance: Fingers crossed on the gelding.

BEECH: I want a beautician like you have. That makes getting a hair cut a fun experience.

ARK: Where did 7 years go? Hard to believe Areion is 7 already. Ace will turn 7 on July 31. Time sure is flying by. Have fun at your trail ride on Friday.

CB: Prayers for your brother and Jessi's Dane. WOW 1,000 quills that had to be a painful experience and the surgery was no picnic either.

We are having sun today so my day is going to spend outdoors.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   April 2016 - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2016 3:06 pm

TRUDY, I can't believe puppy Ace is 7 yrs old..................nor Areion for that matter. We're all only 50, right?

No text from Francis this morning. I'm assuming she got up, got on her bike, and rode right over to be with Houston................

I'm not doing much.......slowly advancing Eli in his training sessions which last aprox 15 min.........it goes really fast that way.

CB, we're waiting on a report on Daisy (I think that's what you call her), your horse in training. I hope they do/did a good job. Also hope your brother is improved. Gosh, sorry SUNNY now has hip probs........does she still have her scooter to at least get around? Tell her to check in............prayers for her from here.

Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   April 2016 - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2016 10:16 pm

Shocked Shocked Shocked

Oh brother.....................Francis' trailer turned into a mess.............nice Trails West, used, priced right. Minor detail. There was a lien on it. Fortunately, she got her deposit back without a prob................is right now looking at new.............
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   April 2016 - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2016 11:06 pm

Yes, sunny still has her scooter. I'm not sure why she doesn't ck in, maybe when snowbirds go home.
Daisie is doing good...she comes home next week, but ran into a glitch..trying to guess when her foal is due..trainer thinks she is pg, I also thought she was...he worked her easy becuz I just want a plod along, so she is fine.
Brother is the same....lungs just won't open up, lookin at nursing home...it will be a battle. Sigh....
Night y'all
Ark and Donnie, happy anniversary!
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   April 2016 - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2016 11:27 pm

Good grief.  Somebody sure messed up on the paperwork for the trailer.  Hope she finds something better right away.

CB, I hope your brother will understand that he needs more care and won't fight going where he needs to be.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, ARK AND DONNIE!
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   April 2016 - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2016 11:50 pm

Hey................hay. YAY YAY. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY ARK & DONNIE!!!

CB, heavens.............LOL, another foal this year to see..........a two for one!
LOL, been there, done that..............it will sure be fun tho...........can't wait.
Hope you can get social service to move your brother and all you have to end up doing is visiting.

Francis was frustrated but is happy getting her deposit back. Other than time,it's all good. I haven't heard so don't know if she has a new trailer or not............LOL, who cares.......she got her $ with no problem.......told her God was looking out for her.

Tired tonight..............later gators.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   April 2016 - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

April 2016
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next