Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

January 2018

Go down 
+5
Manygatess
Graymare
Ellen E
cb
Ark
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Ark
Admin

January 2018 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: January 2018   January 2018 - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 29, 2018 12:10 pm

DONNA:
Hiya!!! ClappingHands Good to see you here! You posted to the wrong place somehow, but I moved your message. If you look at the top or bottom of the page you will see a flowery "Reply". I haven't figured out how to change the font on that and it is hard to spot sometimes. Anyway, it is great to hear that you are getting along well with Fergie the poodle! We need pix, of course.... Very Happy

TRUDY:
This isn't our regular hospital, we just happened to be going by it when I inhaled the peppermint. We had never been there before and if at all possible, will never go again. They were so understaffed, except by registration people. I saw one nurse after a longer than should have been wait. When you walk in the ER door, there was some kind of standing computer screen to log into. We had no idea what to do. I am glad I wasn't totally not breathing or bleeding from my ears.... This same hospital has huge billboards all over saying "Only this many minutes to wait in the ER" with a changing number on it. Ha! They throw you in a room and THEN you get to wait quite a long time. We've been to our regular hospital's ER a few times over the years and never had to wait more than a few minutes for a REAL person to help us out. It is a different company. Next time I will choke a few minutes longer and go there. Actually, I have given up mints....sigh.... I am not looking forward to the bill for that cup of tea.
I wear a helmet and a protective vest on Areion, have safety stirrups, ride with a friend, and have a phone or radio to call for help when on a trail ride. So I come in and nearly die of a peppermint. rake
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: January 2018   January 2018 - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 29, 2018 1:25 pm

I'm glad to see that Donna is still doing well. I hope she will post here more often.

Ark, maybe you need to play that Candy Crush game before you eat peppermints again. It's too bad that hospital has it's priorities in the wrong order. You might have gotten quicker treatment to stay in the truck and call 911.
At least you had a really nice ride before that. Now you have two good trail horses.

Trudy, do let us know about your friend after her heart cath.

After 40s yesterday, we are in the 20s today with light snow falling. It's a very fine snow that will take a loooong time to amount to anything. We still have about 7 inches of ice. During the night, I could hear the ice talking. It groans and pops, mostly when it's making new ice. It's an eerie sort of sound that used to sort of scare me when I was a little kid. I like hearing it now.

Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: January 2018   January 2018 - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 30, 2018 7:54 am

I spoke with my friend Dee last night, she sounded so good, like her old self.  They put a stent in heart in the area that had the blockage.  Praising God for her surgery being a success.  She said she is coming home today, but we will see what really happens.  Being disabled & living alone, I wonder if they will release her so quickly.  She will be surrounded by family and friends if that happens.

It's snowing this morning.  Nothing serious maybe one inch today.

Our neighbor Joe turned 89 yesterday.  WOW...It's hard to believe he is that old, he certainly doesn't look like 89 or at least what I think 89 should look like. Funny how 89 when I was a kid is so different than 89 today. He has good DNA, his sister is 93 and still alive.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: January 2018   January 2018 - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 30, 2018 12:20 pm

Boy, TRUDY, your friend is something...........YAY for her. Tell her
we are all praying for her.

Hi DONNA. So glad you're making it OK. I'm so glad you have a dog...........they're family.

Our weather is great right now. Nothing new here.

God bless, prayers for ALL.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: January 2018   January 2018 - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 30, 2018 10:21 pm

Trudy, I'm glad to hear that your friend is doing well, and certainly hope that continues.
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: January 2018   January 2018 - Page 6 EmptyWed Jan 31, 2018 6:24 pm

Hi, All ...

Ive certainly been delinquent about posting ... nothing really to post about.  ARK's south facing wire gate is open and we've been "cold" (as far as we are concerned Sad  ) for many weeks. It seems that the older I get the harder it is for me to function when temps drop out of the 50's ... and THAT is pushing my limits.  

Our news is that we are temporary (I HOPE!!) guardians of a Great Dane that belongs to Jillian's boy friend.  This "pooch" is a real sweet 120 lb or so gal, but if she "escapes" she becomes a runner.  I just finished a 34 x 30ft. (attached to the house) dog "pasture" so she can take care of stuff w/o being loose.  She is capable of pulling somebody over when she is on leash and that's reason for dog lot.  

Problem is with me, she won't let me touch / pet her if I'm standing, but will come get in my face if I'm sitting.  Hopefully she'll learn to "come, Daisy" from me.  I don't want to have to try to deal with her outside the house....its NOT fun and "Don't ask me how I know Shocked Shocked Shocked "

Ive certainly enjoyed Ark's progress with Areion and the occasional Tales of Ivan she graciously shares with us.

Otherwise, I'm just a lazy guy trying to stay warm...and waiting for spring time.

My last oncologist appointment in January got cancelled due to snow and has been rescheduled for Feb. 22.  I'm sure anxious to see how much my WBC has dropped and how much longer Ill be swallowing expensive medicine.  I feel OK, but just don't have much energy to spare and that's a side effect of the leukemia AND also the medicine.  Hopefully when WBC is back down in the normal range I can get off medicine and maybe have more energy.

Love to all ... PLEASE STAY WARM AND SAFE!!

Rick
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: January 2018   January 2018 - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2018 4:27 pm

RICK:
Yep, you should post more often. I am glad to hear you may be over having to take the medicine. I hope your energy returns very soon, too!

TRUDY:
I am glad to hear your friend is doing so well after her stent surgery! wavy It is amazing what they can do with hearts now days. And hurray for your friend, Joe!! Happy birthday to him! :dance:

It is time to change the month here. Go to: https://horsefriends.forumotion.com/t77-february-2018#10155

or click on Basket and then on February 2018. Spring is getting closer......(don't look out your window at that snow....)
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: January 2018   January 2018 - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

January 2018
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6