Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

December 2016

Go down 
+4
Ellen E
cb
Graymare
Ark
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
cb

December 2016   - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: December 2016    December 2016   - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2016 1:46 am

Good aerion is healing good. I know you take great care of ur horses, but the dental school found our mare, molly, had sharp teeth that put pressure on the.optic nerve when she wore.a bit. S u rgery would have been a large fortune, she was registered and became a.brood mare. Our vet never found it.

We r moving rocky from the stable to our camper lot on Saturday and.then we will have to make a decision. Dr. Told harry he.couldn't ride for at least 3 months. We r th honking of selling him, let someone use him, instead of him just being in a pasture. He is 12 now. Kinda shoots our plans of traveling and riding....pffft. waited too long.
GM, HOW LONG WERE U OFF riding.

Woe is me, between the rain, mud, cooler temps,.and his surgery....I'm down in the dumps. De dumps.....

Ellen, car shopping is fun to do, there are so many different ones out there now.

Sweet dreams y'all.
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: December 2016    December 2016   - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2016 7:35 am

Busy here in PA. Mailed out most of the Christmas gifts that have to travel, addressed the cards and have them ready to mail, made chocolate chip cookies yesterday for Barnabas church group Christmas party and the home bound church members, making Snickerdoodles today to add to the cookie boxes.

Getting my hair cut tomorrow morning and then the party at night. Thursday is my big dentist appointment. Hopefully...then I can sit back and rest until the 17th. I've been a busy bee. What will I do with myself after this week is over?

CB: What a nightmare to go thru around the holidays. Poor Harry. Praying for both of you. Hang in there girlfriend.

ARK: Did you ever try a rubber mouth snaffle on Ivan. I had to use one of those on Mack, he wasn't good with any other type of bit.

ELLEN: We were supposed to get snow too but only had rain. Good job taming the feral Manx kitty, it takes patience. Congrats on the new car.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: December 2016    December 2016   - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2016 9:56 am

Speaking of kitties, we had backed out of our driveway one day last week when a pit bull ran by us with a kitten in its mouth. We gave chase, harry yelled a ferocious "drop it" and the dog did'and stared at us and I looked at him and said, "no" and he decided to run. About that time this couple show up trying to save the kitten too. We went to the kitten who was still alive and moving, they took it home. We have a gate on our drive and if you get the chain to high the bottom can be pushed open for a dog to get thru. Well that same dog decided yo come visit us and my dog otie did not like the idea. Chased him snarling from the yard. So the neighbors were leaving and that same stupid dog ran in their yard and grabbed their beautiful sames cat, otie and yoshi pushed out my gate and pounced on him, he dropped the cat so fast, only a Lil blood was she'd but after this rain mud everywhere....in their ears, nose, covered in it. Owner of pit bull came out, and all I said was how about keeping him home...
I didn't know my dogs liked cats. And now I have two chains on my gate. Havnt seen the pit bull lately. I know they get bad raps, it's a lot of owners fault, but I think my dogs scared him good, hopefully taught him cats are not on the lunch menu
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: December 2016    December 2016   - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2016 12:41 pm

Boy, everyone is busy.

ELLEN, congrats on a new car..........Enjoy.

ARK, it's wonderful your lessons re going so well.

Sorry winter is approaching for those in bad weather right now.

TRUDY, prayers for your DNA testing.  Sure hope it leads to a cure
for the pain you have had for so long.

CB, gads, why can't people be responsible with their dog?  I agree, it's not the pit bull, it's the owner.  I haven't known but a few but each was a great dog.  All breeds have renegades that are bad.  I sure have run into some bad Aussies and Queenslands over the years that were leaving their owners open to big fat lawsuits.

CB, I have no answer as to the timeline before I rode after both 
surgeries  It takes the time it takes..........not 2 weeks for Harry &
6 weeks for someone else............its time and paying attn to physical detail to tolerance.  Paying attn is the key.  I still can't really use my spine so the way I do things has totally changed........
For instance..............I sit on a stool to clean hooves.  My horses have to be able to do thing others can't.......hahaha, I'm a special olympian.  My riding is never long......2 hrs is a LONG time.  In the old years 8-10 hrs was a worthy ride.  As we age, life changes, that's just how it is.  We have to live on the fun side, however we make it happen...............Harry will be a lot better and you  won't have to worry about paralysis........he will function differently tho.  No matter as he will be functioning...........

God bless.  Prayers for ALL.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: December 2016    December 2016   - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2016 2:51 pm

Trudy I'm hangin on but by my toenails only.....

Off to see heart doc to get cleared for surgery
Weds, pcm appt
Fri, neurosurgeon to hopefully get date

And in the middle.of this all, we have closing on our house...yes it has sold, unless something happens in next few days. We can't be there, wish we could...

Acccckk. Kind of all at once with a lot of stuff....wham!
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: December 2016    December 2016   - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2016 8:01 pm

((((((((((((((((CB))))))))) Too much stress............At least it's good news about your house sale.  After closing, that stress will be gone.
Harry will be fine with rest and following surgeon instructions.  However, keeping up with the cooking will keep you running.  Shocked
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: December 2016    December 2016   - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2016 8:55 pm

CB, I'm so glad your house is sold. Like Graymare said, that will relieve a lot of your stress. Leave the past behind and move on to the future.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: December 2016    December 2016   - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2016 11:43 am

TRUDY
No, I have never tried a rubber bit with Ivan, but that is a very good idea! I think they are available with apple flavoring, which he might like. I think part of his issue is that we have gotten pretty good with a hackamore and the pressures are different with a bit. He got really frustrated when suddenly asked to be as good with a bit.

Ivan is due to have his teeth floated, but I don't think he is interfering with his bit that way.

CB
Congrats on selling your house. That must be a relief. How is Harry feeling today?

ELLEN
Did you buy the car you were looking at?

GRAYMARE
Are you riding any lately? How are the boys doing? Any new pix??

We were up with the birds to change Areion's dressing. Her ouchy looks much better. This is probably the last time we will have to bandage it. It doesn't seem to be scarring like her front fetlock did. Areion has finally figured out that she doesn't have to pick up her foot every time we touch it. She thought she was being helpful...

Pretty day here after it rained all day yesterday.
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: December 2016    December 2016   - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2016 12:00 pm

ARK, oh yes, I ride..............certainly not like I used to.  I'm working ELI who is an easy colt..........ha, I'm  in the saddle.  No new pix..........no one is here but me..............But, if Santa shows up I might be getting a selfie stick...............Razz:P:P:roll:

Hey, glad Aerion is almost totally healed.  You'l be glad to have that off your mind.

No other news..............prayers for ALL.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: December 2016    December 2016   - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2016 1:49 pm

Just what we went thru with our mare, vets missed it. Look up that world wide equine dental school in glenns ferry idaho. They teach lots of vets across the world there. I know not feasible to take him there, but ask ur vet if there could be something way back of jaw putting pressure. Always worth a closer look. My vet didn't find it and I hadn't a clue. I'm hoping all is well tho for ivan, not wishing anything bad at all. Trudy idea may be the one.

Graymare, great u r riding. Ride for me.

At doctors....again....

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: December 2016    December 2016   - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2016 2:48 pm

Yep. I got it! 2013 Acadia. Pearlized white. Lots of bells and whistles that I have yet to master.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: December 2016    December 2016   - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2016 6:19 pm

Woohoo ELLEN..............Cool wheels.............

Barn is calling.  I went out for breakfast w friends and didn't do stalls yet...............Nice afternoon to work.............need to do a bit of mowing, too..............horses chase me on the lawnmower..........it's cute.  If I go slow they walk along, if I go fast they trot......Hysterical.

Baking a batch of sugar cookies later.Laughing

No news here.  Prayers for ALL.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: December 2016    December 2016   - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2016 11:17 pm

Every now and then, God shows that He has a sense of humor. One of my younger 3rd cousins is married and has a little girl who just turned 4. This particular gal had stated clearly and often that she only intended to have one and they were doing almost their best to make sure. It seems that God had other ideas. She not only just found out that she is pregnant, she is having TRIPLETS!!!! The ultrasound shows there is a set of identical twins and a single. There are no multiples on either side of their families.
It is going to cause some HUGE changes in their lives. A different house. A different car. One less job. Both of them have good families, so it will work out.
I'm praying for three healthy babies.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: December 2016    December 2016   - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 08, 2016 1:07 am

CB
You could be right, but I hope not. Another huge vet bill. I will have Ivan checked out when they float his teeth. I think it is just his personal preference, he likes the hackamore. He is even good to ride with just a rope around his neck. He thinks less is more.. Laughing until he decides we should go left when right looks good to me...

ELLEN
Congrats on the new car!! :dance: We need pix! Very Happy
That is funny about the couple and their family planning. A similar thing happened to a lady that used to work where Donnie does. She and her husband had the two children they planned on, accidentally got pregnant with twins for the third pregnancy. I hope your cousin decides to enjoy her larger family! Congrats to them!

GRAYMARE
Good luck with the selfies on horseback! I am such a klutz, I dropped my camera twice the last time I tried taking pix while riding Ivan. Kind of hard on the camera. One of those selfie sticks might make it easier.
Those cameras attached to helmets are interesting. I have been watching endurance ride videos people are taking on different trails around the country.

Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: December 2016    December 2016   - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 08, 2016 1:12 am

Kind of a Christmas miracle! I always wanted twins or triplets. My 3 girls when they were little I can't tell which one when I look at pics. I have to look at the background or furniture to know. So I got my triplets, just 7 years apart. Once they turned 4 or 5 I could tell, but people often thought two younger girls were twins, abd tell me how beautiful my twins were with their red hair, and I'd just smile, say thankyou. Smile loved it.
I hope the parents are happy...and what a great surprise.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: December 2016    December 2016   - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 08, 2016 10:26 am

The gal's first pregnancy was an 'accident', but she and her then boyfriend/now husband have done a great job raising their little girl.  This little girl was born strong willed and very independent, very much like her aunt and her grandfather.  This couple will do whatever they need to do to have happy healthy babies.  The extended family on both sides will be great support.

Just for the record, it was 21 degrees and windy this morning. By a week from today, it will be single digits for a high. Winter is HERE.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: December 2016    December 2016   - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 08, 2016 12:15 pm

GM what is your weather now? Brrrrr....here, freezing rain.....it's spose to be warm here, not wet and cold.....good gracious.

Ellen, nice to have family around to help out. It will be life changing albeit a very nice one.

Ark, I hope not too, but worth asking about to make doubly sure.....I'm sure it's just a preference on his part and nothing more. My mare lost her sight over time, she was 10. Beautiful appy mare, and she raised a lot of very nice foals, and could be ridden, just nothing in her mouth ever. Bosal worked fine.
Dang.....brrrrrrr.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: December 2016    December 2016   - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 08, 2016 11:24 pm

Ok, what flavor popsicle is everyone, I'm partial to bananny or blueberry.....
I bought the dogs a big doghouse each for.in the horse trailer for when hubby has surgery. Bought them each a cushy bed and a blankie. I put them in there when we go cuz I'm afraid they may just squeeze out the gate or dig under the fence....I do not want to take that chance. They r safe in there, have room to play, nice warm beds. I will come home every night to feed horse and sleep, so they won't be out overnight. They will be in in front of the heater, or the case may be in front of the fan as Sunday it will be 70 for our hi! Woohoo....kids will bring hay up from their house for me, they have been a huge help. We made the right move.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: December 2016    December 2016   - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 08, 2016 11:26 pm

And thankfullly at the right time.

Sweet dreams gang.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: December 2016    December 2016   - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 08, 2016 11:29 pm

Ellen, tell ur pg lady, my second preg. I was taking the pi to help with those mo they probs, but dr had told me I couldn't get pg again be cuz of damage during first one. I got pg with my third, jessi, after having my tubes tied. Surpiiiise.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: December 2016    December 2016   - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 08, 2016 11:31 pm

Pill,....monthly probs
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: December 2016    December 2016   - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 08, 2016 11:57 pm

CB, I think tonight will be about 40..............we had rain last week, lots of mud, etc..............this week sunny so far.  Boy, ELLEN has cold. But  like you, CB, I hate days on end of rain...........is Harry set for his surgery next week?  Weather patterns have changed all over the country & no place escapes a bad time of the year.

ELLEN, turn up your heater........Brrrrrrr.

We went to our local pizza joint tonight.......mmmm.  LOL, the young waiter (owners' grand son) calls out "Mr Terry, glad you're here".....They have a big clientele and are moving to a much bigger site. It sounds something like The Sopranos......way fun.  There's going to be a big sports bar (I asked the grandson if we were going to have gambling in the back room.)  Everybody laughed.  I'll let you know.  Can't have too much fun at our age.............also, by the way they have a sign that says "It's Merry Christmas here, not Happy Holidays" & they had Christmas carols (traditional) playing.  Anyhow, I'm Mrs Terry to them, and I think it's really cute & funny.  It's like Cheers where "everybody knows our name".  We go there about every 4-5 weeks or so............date night. ShockedShockedShocked

Nothing new here............payers for ALL.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: December 2016    December 2016   - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2016 12:18 am

I haven't had a chance to talk to the pregnant gal. Just a pure guess.... she might have taken an antibiotic that interfered with the effectiveness of her birth control pills. Now that there are three on the way, I just pray that they all survive and are healthy. I know Mommy will do all she can to make that happen.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: December 2016    December 2016   - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2016 1:25 pm

Ellen, keep us updated o the triplets, I'll be humming for hethy and gorgeous babies. I think it's great, but I don't have to carry, deliver, feed, clothe and raise them, lol.
Brrrrrrr still today.
Hubby finds out about surgery today...
I'm getting oil changed, propane tank filled, wash blankets at the last for doggies, taking harry to doc, feeding horse, getting groceries.
One tired ol lady by dinner, guaranteed.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: December 2016    December 2016   - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2016 1:27 pm

Healthy is the word, Mr auto correct. Pffffft.....
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: December 2016    December 2016   - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2016 8:14 pm

Will do, CB. Keep us posted on how Harry is doing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: December 2016    December 2016   - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

December 2016
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next